Other Pokemon: Smogon OU Version 2 (Route Nine (After Ice Mountain))

Status
Not open for further replies.
the surprise factor will fail cos its special atk isnt high enough, and there's only 4evs in atk, so even after the surprise, it fails to hit hard enough from either side.

Also

you don't need to specifically ask for permission if you're on topic(or somewhat close, that works too)
Whatever, I'll change it to full special, however please do bear in mind I've only been here (as in, contributing to this project) for the last couple of days, I do make mistakes.

Hey everyone, sorry I've been MIA for the past half week. I'm back now and have finally finished up the wrap up! It's kind of long just because we had so may great ideas and I wanted to include as many of them as possible.

Story: So player arrives in Sombre town where he meets an NPC near the entrance who welcomes the player to Sombre Town. He tells the player to be careful of playful ghosts who use tricky tactics like trapping and status spam. In the town the player will find a few small huts and the usual Poke Mart and Poke Center. Inside one of the huts is a burglar who offers to teach you knock off if you don't rat out his hideout. The player attempts to visit the gym only to have an NPC tell him that Lord Uxis is busy practicing for a play and that He'll be accepting challenges later this evening. In the meantime, the NPC offers a small house for you to rest in. You enter a rather sparse two story house with only a washing machine and heater (for Rotom when we feel like introducing him) on the first floor and a bed on the second floor. There is also a window directly across from the stairs on the second floor. You wake up in the middle of the night and attempt to go down the stairs, at which point you are thrown backwards out of the window. You start to fall outside of the house, but are caught by Uxis. He asks if you're alright before telling you that Team Luck Sack is attacking! Uxis suspects that there is a chance that TLS might accidentally break the seal at Soul Prison. Outside you see several grunts. Most of these grunts are fairly weak, only having 1-3 pokemon, but a stronger grunt attacks you as you approach the entrance of Soul Prison (a conspicuous-looking tower away from the houses in town). Inside Soul Prison you notice that there are stairs leading downwards with paper strewn all over. Heading down the stairs, you find a layout fairly similar to Bellsprout Tower back in GS. After going down a few short floors, you enter Soul Prison and you find a strange man with a mega gengar behind him! Uxis comes in just in time to take on the mega gengar while you take on TLS Admin Nazelf! After the fight, Nazelf steals the Gengarite from the fallen Mega Gengar and escapes outside on his flying Golurk. Uxis is clearly worried about this, but offers to meet you at his gym for a battle anyway (after reporting this incident of course). Near the Pokemon Center, you run into Professor Toshio (or however the heck we spell his name), who says some nonsense about goldman, asks you if you've seen his assistant anywhere, gives you a free clefable, and then walks off. You then enter in Lord Uxis' gym, which looks kind of like a theater backstage. However, just because you helped him out doesn't mean he's gonna make this easy for you. In the gym there's trap doors, spotlights, and tough trainers all over the place! When you finally reach the room Lord Uxis is in, a Pawniard ambushes you and steals your badge case, forcing you to fight it before you can challenge Uxis. After all this and a difficult battle with Uxis himself, you are rewarded the Tiering Contributor Badge, for your contributions in defending the pristine environment that is Smog Smog from those who would destroy it, as well as TM dark pulse.

Wild Pokemon in Tower's lower levels(entrance floor and lower)

Common:
Gastly Lv 38
Sableye Lv 38

Uncommon:
Klefki Lv 38

Rare:
Haunter Lv 40
Honedge Lv 38

Relevant Posts(Note that I've split up the posts into multiple categories because we discussed this town for a really long time, not that that's a bad thing)

story brainstorming posts (the ultimate story is a giant pick-n-choose conglomerate of these posts)

Gym Related Posts

Prof Chou

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...h-town-discussion.3521552/page-3#post-5852514

Gym Trainers

TLS Grunts

Lemme know if I missed anything important.

Last edited:
Ight yall, time for next topic of discussion!

Ight so the next route is the really long stretch of the route that is under our humble little Ghost town. In most games this has been home to a multitude of things, like bike routes and long ungruly gauntlets so let us discuss!

Things we are looking for:

7 Pokemon Species (Combination of old and new)
- uncommon
- common
- common
- uncommon
- rare
- common
- super rare

With the route taking on a more....nature hike almost (think similarly to the route before Fortree). There is a lake on this route as well (how it is accessed, up to yall) with the common water necessities:

- Super Rod (1)
- Old Rod (1)
- Good Rod (3)

Surf Mons
- Common (2)
- Uncommon (1)

At the moment i think this is fine to leave yall on, so discuss away!

estralita No you didn't, I screwed up. I'll fix that posthaste, thanks bud :) I'll probably just steal the team you made back on page 4.

Also worth noting that apparently Surf is usable outside of battle once you obtain the Tiering Contributor Badge (according to Salemance anyway), so we'll need to figure out when and how to give the player Surf. Since getting surf is generally a pretty big landmark in any pokemon game (as it represents the point in which about 90% of the game is technically reachable, barring NPC walls and other broken bridges), it should be a fairly significant event that's not easily missable, if not mandatory.

Since we need some pokemon proposals, I'll begin with one of my favorite field mons...

Pokemon Proposal:

Rare: Skarmory

level: 40-43

held items: metal coat 100%

reasoning: Skarm has been the premier OU physical wall for 5 generations in a row, that's reason enough to introduce this bad boy.

estralita No you didn't, I screwed up. I'll fix that posthaste, thanks bud :) I'll probably just steal the team you made back on page 4.

Also worth noting that apparently Surf is usable outside of battle once you obtain the Tiering Contributor Badge (according to Salemance anyway), so we'll need to figure out when and how to give the player Surf. Since getting surf is generally a pretty big landmark in any pokemon game (as it represents the point in which about 90% of the game is technically reachable, barring NPC walls and other broken bridges), it should be a fairly significant event that's not easily missable, if not mandatory.

Since we need some pokemon proposals, I'll begin with one of my favorite field mons...

Pokemon Proposal:

Rare: Skarmory

level: 40-43

held items: metal coat 100%

reasoning: Skarm has been the premier OU physical wall for 5 generations in a row, that's reason enough to introduce this bad boy.
I was planning on doing the HM situation with the bumbling assistant being found on this route (along with the HMs) before dissapearining to get lost and found later (for marvelous other prizes).

Oh, good, then. On to other business.

I'm thinking, now that we've gotten to the 40's, and plenty of the player's pokemon ( including their starter) have evolved, now might be a good time to bring in in someone who was rejected once:

Uncommon: Scyther
Level:39-41

Held Items:Metal Coat 100% ( not trying to copy you WebBowser, just trying to ensure the caught Scyther can be used)

Reasoning: Scizor is a sturdy, versatile pokemon functional with or without his mega stone, and one of the few defoggers that isn't a flying type.

Also, Are we going to do a safari zone? If we are, I'd like it to be one where you can catch Pokemon that Mega Evolve, allowing those who hadn't picked up one of the ones we already added, and wanted one, and also adding all of the newly viable mons, like Lopunny

Pokemon Proposal

Super Rare: Hawlucha

Level: 40-43

Held items: Power Herb 100%

Reasoning: Hawlucha is an excellent late-game cleaner with Unburden and a neat offensive typing. It also learns its two main STABs (High Jump Kick and Sky Attack) at Level 44 and 48 respectively, making it an ideal choice to introduce at this point in the game.

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
i don't get why we're having items on all mons, and that too 100% occurance! While Scyther's make sense, even that shouldn't be 100%, to force some hard work on the player's side, while i dont get the others at all. Scyther+Metal Coat should be ~50% imo, Power Herb should be available absolutely exclusive to Hawlucha, while Skarm should've have ~30% chance of holding Metal Coat(i suppose this will getting scizor easier).

Gauntlet Proposal

Desire Cavern
Map Description: A large cavern on Route 7 formed by a shooting star's collision. It is said to open every thousand years.

Terrain: This cave is dark, with spots of mysterious white rock glowing to serve as a light source. There are three normal floors counting the entrance, going down and then back up. There is also one final room past room 3 called the Wish Chamber.

Wild Pokémon: Lvl. 37-40 Gligar (Common), Lvl. 36-40 Meditite (Common), Lvl. 38-41 Toxicroak (Uncommon), Lvl. 41-42 Medicham (Very Rare).

Items: Carbos (Room 1), Super Potion (Room 2), Protein (Room 2), Ultra Ball (Room 3), Sharp Beak (Room 3 - Dowsing Machine).

Wish Chamber: In here, there are no Wild Pokémon at first. A hidden Nugget is the only thing here. However, once you obtain the Wish Tag from a later town, you will find a level 50 Jirachi waiting for you.

PokeDEX proposal

Gliscor
"It draws sustenance from the purple orb it is seen to hold. They will protect this orb very carefully, and so do their trainers."

Chansey
"An extremely passive creature that resembles a pink blob. They are extremely difficult to defeat in the hands of a good trainer."

Magnezone
"The mere threat of encountering this Pokemon has made Skarmory adapt by holding the shed skin of Bug Pokemon."

Gauntlet Proposal

Desire Cavern
Map Description: A large cavern on Route 7 formed by a shooting star's collision. It is said to open every thousand years.

Terrain: This cave is dark, with spots of mysterious white rock glowing to serve as a light source. There are three normal floors counting the entrance, going down and then back up. There is also one final room past room 3 called the Wish Chamber.

Wild Pokémon: Lvl. 37-40 Gligar (Common), Lvl. 36-40 Meditite (Common), Lvl. 38-41 Toxicroak (Uncommon), Lvl. 41-42 Medicham (Very Rare).

Items: Carbos (Room 1), Super Potion (Room 2), Protein (Room 2), Ultra Ball (Room 3), Sharp Beak (Room 3 - Dowsing Machine).

Wish Chamber: In here, there are no Wild Pokémon at first. A hidden Nugget is the only thing here. However, once you obtain the Wish Tag from a later town, you will find a level 50 Jirachi waiting for you.
Only thing I could ask is if once Rachi is caught can the room be then filled with Clefairy in every sub-sequent visit (fits flavor of star chamber) ?

Now for my proposal:

NPC Proposal

You are heading out into the exciting world of route 7....when some Guy in a lab coat comes racing past you trying to evade some angry biker. You, the ever curious sort, follow and hear that the labcoat guy was in trouble cause he apparently was little to friendly to the receptionist at the bike store who just happened to be the bikers wife.

He notices you...and so does the lab assistant. He calls out and says "(player's name) come and help me! I'll make it up for yah!"

He runs over to you, takes a few poke dollars from your wallet, and pays the biker with it. After some discussion which you can't hear, the two part ways with the biker walking offscreen and the assistant staying.

He begins thoroughly apologizing for taking your money, and says it was a big misunderstanding that involved a buss and a boat and too complicated to get into right now.

"But now that I finally found ya, here's the Prof's gift!"

Hands you a roll of HM discs (missing ones)!

"The Professor and I thought it be a good idea giving to you these instead of relying on random people just giving them to you at chance. He also said to gift you a few other things but ill do that after checking out your OU Dex at some point."

He begins walking away before he can be heard making a running start out of site, leaving you sort of confused and perplexed at a bike shop...

Gonna make nothing one on bike shop later (got a sub story or something going) so more possibly later!

Speaking of the OU Dex, how would it work? Would it be already filled out with the habitats and info of seen pokes, while catching it gives you a sample set(or two)? Or will it function just like the normal Pokedex, just with descriptions that reflect a competitive view of the poke?

Regardless of the case, it should be accessible in-battle as an "other item" that doesn't waste a turn, and instead tells you the base stats and possible abilities of the opposing Pokemon.

If we're going for the more elaborate case, we may even have it display how it learns certain moves through non-leveling up means.

Speaking of the OU Dex, how would it work? Would it be already filled out with the habitats and info of seen pokes, while catching it gives you a sample set(or two)? Or will it function just like the normal Pokedex, just with descriptions that reflect a competitive view of the poke?

Regardless of the case, it should be accessible in-battle as an "other item" that doesn't waste a turn, and instead tells you the base stats and possible abilities of the opposing Pokemon.

If we're going for the more elaborate case, we may even have it display how it learns certain moves through non-leveling up means.
Huh, first case I've heard of it acting like the little !data done in most battles....I like it.

Only thing I could ask is if once Rachi is caught can the room be then filled with Clefairy in every sub-sequent visit (fits flavor of star chamber) ?
Sure, that's fine. What level should the Clefairy show up at?

Also, Trainer Submission.
As you walk along the route, a strange, gaunt man walks up to you.
Dialog: "Could you be... No. Impossible. Yet I since an aura of power around you...
Tell me, Trainer, do you know what I speak of?"
(Y/N)
Y: "I thought so. Are you the one who stopped that Mega Gengar? Are you the one who can bring light to this darkness? Can you stop her?"
N: "You are ignorant to your destiny? Fool. It may be that you are not the one."
Either way: "Let me test this in battle."

You are challenged by Vagabond Yen!
Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Level 42
Ability: Guts
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Ice Punch
-Knock Off

Skarmory @ Leftovers (B/C Zone won't be showing up this early)
Level 42
Ability: Sturdy
-Spikes
-Roost
-Whirlwind
-Brave Bird

Greninja @ Life Orb
Level 42
Ability: Protean
-Gunk Shot
-Hydro Pump
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Level 42
Ability: Levitate
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Will-o-Wisp
-Pain Split

Scizor @ Choice Band
Level 42
Ability: Technician
-Bullet Punch
-U-turn
-Knock Off
-Superpower

Kadabra / Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Level 44
Ability: Magic Guard
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Thunder Wave

In the future, if this gets approved, I plan to bring this guy back with a MegaZam. For now, he's stuck with normal Zam or Kadabra (whichever works best right now). Didn't put EVs since I'm not sure if we should use all 512 yet, and I'm not too good with them anyway.

Last edited:
Sure, that's fine. What level should the Clefairy show up at?

Also, Trainer Submission.
As you walk along the route, a strange, gaunt man walks up to you.
Dialog: "Could you be... No. Impossible. Yet I since an aura of power around you...
Tell me, Trainer, do you know what I speak of?"
(Y/N)
Y: "I thought so. Are you the one who stopped that Mega Gengar? Are you the one who can bring light to this darkness? Can you stop her?"
N: "You are ignorant to your destiny? Fool. It may be that you are not the one."
Either way: "Let me test this in battle."

You are challenged by Vagabond Yen!
Terrakion @ Life Orb
Level 42
Ability: Justified
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance

Skarmory @ Leftovers (B/C Zone won't be showing up this early)
Level 42
Ability: Sturdy
-Spikes
-Roost
-Whirlwind
-Brave Bird

Greninja @ Life Orb
Level 42
Ability: Protean
-Gunk Shot
-Hydro Pump
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Level 42
Ability: Levitate
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Will-o-Wisp
-Pain Split

Scizor @ Choice Band
Level 42
Ability: Technician
-Bullet Punch
-U-turn
-Knock Off
-Superpower

Kadabra / Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Level 44
Ability: Magic Guard
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Thunder Wave

In the future, if this gets approved, I plan to bring this guy back with a MegaZam. For now, he's stuck with normal Zam or Kadabra (whichever works best right now). Didn't put EVs since I'm not sure if we should use all 512 yet, and I'm not too good with them anyway.

Eh thirties or so.......but Terrakion already? Think a guy would need to explain legendaries being used everywhere before just slapping him on I think. Could be wrong tho.

Eh thirties or so.......but Terrakion already? Think a guy would need to explain legendaries being used everywhere before just slapping him on I think. Could be wrong tho.
Eh, I guess Conk works too. Yen is supposed to be pretty "mysterious" though.

I had the same reaction as mence, a random Terrakion out of nowhere? If we were talking about VR trainers or something similar I'd be alright with that, but at this point I'd reserve legends for plot important battles. For example, our "competitive" rival hasn't appeared in awhile. If we wanted to give him a legend of some sort, that'd be fine. Nothing too redonk though (so no Kyub, prolly no lati twins, def no lando or thundy, not sure about terrakion or keldeo).

Sorry to double post, but wow inactivity. Also, Pokemon Proposal.

Swablu - Common - Level 37-39. Hold Item: Lum Berry (10%).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)