Data Pokemon Sun/Moon Battle Mechanics Research

Are Custap Berry-priority attacks nullified by Psychic Terrain and Dazzling?
Can a Z-Move's 1 PP be restored by Leppa Berry? (I doubt it)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
OHKO moves (Sheer Force, Fissure, etc) do they still work on Pokemon of the same level as the user?
Yes, and still fails vs higher levels.

Does Unaware still ignore the opposing Pokemon stat boosts when they attack the ability holder or does it only apply when the ability holder attacks?
Unaware is unchanged from ORAS

Parental Bond: Has its damage been reduced from 50% to 25% on the second hit? Does the second hit still trigger secondary effects and do spread moves work on multiple targets?
Yes on 25%, Yes on secondary effects, didn't test spreads.

Edit: And Fixed damage moves are unchanged from ORAS, 2nd hit does full damage.

Has burn damage been reduced to 1/16 for all types or is the amount of damage type dependent?
Always 1/16th

Does the Pokemon get its Fire-typing back if it switches out after using Burn Up?
Yes

Adrenaline Orb: Does it only work when a Pokemon is affected by the ability Intimidate or does it work on any stat reduction?
Doesn't work with other stat reductions.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Glad this thread exists now so I can dump my questions here!
Moves
------
Baneful Bunker - the repurposed mystery move flag seems to be a bunch of moves a protection move might not block - is the list for this move? Fling is notably the only attacking move on the list.

Strength Sap - since it doesn't have a base percentage to heal in the move data, what's the breakdown? Does it actually mean if the target has 300 Attack you heal 300 HP? What about Attack stat stages?

Burn Up - if Multitype Arceus holding Flame Plate uses it, can it lose its Fire type? if Oricorio-Baile uses it and then uses Revelation Dance, would it be a Flying-type move?

Speed Swap - description says it swaps Speed stats and not "changes to ___ stat" like Power/Guard Swap, so it swaps raw Speed without the boosts?

Revelation Dance - says user's type determines move's type, and it can conveniently be copied by Mirror Move, so is it primary type?

Instruct - so many possibilities here! How does an Instruct'd Outrage behave?
use Charge --next turn-> use Electric move -> Instruct Electric move -> is the power still doubled?
Dragon Dance -> Dancer activates -> Instruct the original Dragon Dance -> does Dancer activate again?

Stomping Tantrum - "If the user’s previous move has failed" is pretty vague, does it mean "But it failed!" specifically or launching moves into Protect/immunities/no target as well?

Sunsteel Strike/Moongeist Beam - I've assumed they simply have built-in Mold Breaker, but can they actually ignore Abilities belonging to Pokemon other than the target? For example, can they be redirected by Lightning Rod, assuming you've Mold Breaker Electrified Sunsteel Strike?

Abilities
-------
Corrosion
Toxic -> Magic Coat from Corrosion user -> poisons Poison types?
Toxic from Corrosion user -> Magic Coat -> poisons Poison types?

Comatose
I heard this makes you totally immune to status conditions, and that it acts like you're asleep without the status. Does that mean Sleep Talk and Snore are usable at all times?
Thanks for your efforts guys, really going to help get PS off to a quick start for Gen 7!

Does abilities like beserk activate again if the user healed, and then survived the next hit? Or is it one time boost?

What happens when emergency exit's user is sent out below 50% health? Does it retreat again?

Does prankster give priority to status z moves?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Are Custap Berry-priority attacks nullified by Psychic Terrain and Dazzling?
Can a Z-Move's 1 PP be restored by Leppa Berry? (I doubt it)
I'm pretty sure Cutsap doesn't increase priority so much as put you first in whatever priority bracket you're already in (basically gives you 999 Speed for a turn). I'd assume the abilities wouldn't stop it.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Thanks for the responses so to be clear it will only work when the Pokemon is affected by Intimidate?
I haven't actually tested vs initmidate, but if someone else reported that then that's the only way it triggers. I tested a bunch of other conditions (status, hp, level, you name it) and none trigger adrenaline orb.

Edit Marty I have to go rn but I'll test intimidate when I get back.

Last edited:

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
I haven't actually tested vs initmidate, but if someone else reported that then that's the only way it triggers. I tested a bunch of other conditions (status, hp, level, you name it) and none trigger adrenaline orb.
I was under the impression the hold item part of Adrenaline Orb triggered when a wild Pokemon summons an ally, based on its other effect. Maybe the person you heard it from happened to get a Pokemon with Intimidate as the summoned ally?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
http://i.4cdn.org/vp/1478904839090.webm

Turn order is now determined after Mega Evolution. A level 10 Mega Banette moved before a level 43 Exeggcute.

Basically, Mega Banette now gets priority on its first turn of Mega Evolution, while Mega Sableye no longer does.

Mega Beedrill and Diancie will also now be less reliant on Protect to Mega Evolve safely.
Would like to see more evidence of this if possible with stuff like chlorophyll venusaur into mega venusaur if possible to see if this change will also reflect Speed.

Edit: And yeah gonna need to test adrenaline orb activation condition b/c that description is really vague.

http://i.4cdn.org/vp/1478904839090.webm

Turn order is now determined after Mega Evolution. A level 10 Mega Banette moved before a level 43 Exeggcute.

Basically, Mega Banette now gets priority on its first turn of Mega Evolution, while Mega Sableye no longer does.

Mega Beedrill and Diancie will also now be less reliant on Protect to Mega Evolve safely.
If that's the case then Mega Sableye will hate this change as it would lose the first Prankster move...

Would like to see more evidence of this if possible with stuff like chlorophyll venusaur into mega venusaur if possible to see if this change will also reflect Speed.

Edit: And yeah gonna need to test adrenaline orb activation condition b/c that description is really vague.
Yeah, hold up. The guy said he needs a set for Venusaur to test with.

Just give me a good set or two and I'll give it to him. And I'll ask him to test the Adrenaline Orb as well.

I was under the impression the hold item part of Adrenaline Orb triggered when a wild Pokemon summons an ally, based on its other effect. Maybe the person you heard it from happened to get a Pokemon with Intimidate as the summoned ally?
"Adrenaline Orb -
Using it makes wild Pokémon more likely to call for\nhelp. If held by a Pokémon, it boosts Speed when\nintimidated. It can be used only once."
https://paste.ee/r/zFXRA

If you use it as an item from your bag wild pokemon are more likely to summon an ally. If you make a pokemon hold it and it's effected by an opponent's intimidate, it will get +1 speed and be consumed. This held item effect doesn't have anything to do with the previous part of summoning ally's.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Can Z-Moves miss due to the target being on the first turn of Fly/Dig/Dive/Bounce?

What's the damage reduction factor of Shadow Shield?

If a Wimpod/Golisopod gets its HP to <50% by Substitute (with either it getting broken in the same turn or not), confusion damage, move recoil, Life Orb recoil, ability recoil or item recoil (Rocky Helmet), will it activate their ability?

They added a new value on top of ivs that added up to 31.
battle stats are calculated with the sum iv+htv where iv originally was used.
Everything else that used to be based on ivs doesnt change.
I don't get it. Does it mean that I cannot bottle cap a Ditto to have all 6 IVs for breeding?

As far as I understand, Hyper Training does not change IVs. It makes them look like they are at 31, but they aren't.
Correct. Hyper Training just makes your stats the same as if you had all 31s.

It doesn't actually change them, so your Pokemon's Hidden Power type remains the same.

So basically, there are no drawbacks to any Hidden Powers anymore. You can have any Hidden Power type with all of your stats at their maximum.

Can Z-Moves miss due to the target being on the first turn of Fly/Dig/Dive/Bounce?

What's the damage reduction factor of Shadow Shield?

If a Wimpod/Golisopod gets its HP to <50% by Substitute (with either it getting broken in the same turn or not), confusion damage, move recoil, Life Orb recoil, ability recoil or item recoil (Rocky Helmet), will it activate their ability?

I don't get it. Does it mean that I can bottle cap a Ditto to have all 6 IVs for breeding?
If you have a mon with original IVs 1/2/3/4/5/6, after hyper training it will be given HTVs 30/29/28/27/26/25 so that the sums add up to 31.
When the mon's in battle stat is calculated, where the formula originally involved IVs will now use (IV+HTV).
so for example if a formula is in the form: battle stat=3*BST+2*IV+EV it will now be 3*BST+2*(IV+HTV)+EV.
Other uses of IVs such as breeding or hidden power is not changed.

When does Shields Down activate? If Minior's health drops below half, but is returned to above half via Sitrus Berry, does Shields Down activate? What about Leftovers, Heal Pulse, Leech Seed, or Recover?

Does Minior return to its shielded form if its health goes back above half?

How exactly does Comatose work? Does it immediately give the user the Sleep condition, and allow all moves to be used when asleep, instead of just Snore and Sleep Talk? Or something else?

Can Receiver and Power of Alchemy copy Imposter or Illusion? If so, what happens?

Can Receiver and Power of Alchemy copy an ability that was copied by Receiver of Power of Alchemy, sort of like how Transform and Imposter don't work against targets that are themselves transformed?

Can Shields Down, Power Construct, Comatose, Disguise, RKS System, Schooling, and Battle Bond be:
Skill Swapped?
Copied by Role Play?
Copied by Trace?
Copied by Receiver or Power of Alchemy?
Replaced by Simple Beam, Worry Seed, Entrainment, or Mummy?
Entrained onto other Pokemon?
Suppressed by Gastro Acid?

If the ability can be lost/supressed:
Does Minior remain in whatever form it is currently in?
Does Zygarde lose the ability to transform into Perfect Zygarde? If it has already transformed, does it revert to its 10% or 50% form?
Does Komala lose the ability to act while asleep? Will it eventually wake up?
If Mimikyu's disguise is still intact when it loses the ability, does the disguise break immediately, or will it still function when Mimikyu regains the ability by switching out?
Does Silvally become a Normal type, even if it's holding a Memory?
Does Wishiwashi become locked in its current form, or does it revert to its Solo form?
Will Battle Bond Greninja be unable to transform into Ash-Greninja? Will it revert to Battle Bond Greninja if it has already become Ash-Greninja? If it remains as Ash-Greninja, is Water Shuriken still boosted?

If it can be passed onto other Pokemon:
Will the Pokemon that receives Shields Down be immune to status conditions?
Will the Pokemon that receives Power Construct regain health when at low HP?
Will the Pokemon that receives RKS System change its type if it is holding a Memory? If so, what happens if the Pokemon has a second type?
Will the Pokemon that receives Schooling get a major power boost if it is above 25% health?
Will the Pokemon that receives Battle Bond receive a power boost after knocking out an opponent? If the Pokemon knows Water Shuriken, will it be boosted?

He's still working on the Chlorophyll test, but he did say this regarding the Speed stat.

The example I keep using is Guzma's 150spd Pinsir outspeeding my 169 spd Garchomp on the turn it megas.

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/29837589

On the ninetales-venusaur test
Turn 1
Non mega Venusaur outspeed Ninetales in sun
Turn 2
Mega evolving Venusaur was slower than Ninetales in the sun
No, Mega Venusaur does not retain the speed boost from Chlorophyll.

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/29837589

No, Mega Venusaur does not retain the speed boost from Chlorophyll.
I can see Mega Sableye hordes complaining at this change. Banette, Diancie and Beedrill celebrate this. Lucario and Alakazam also appreciate this in a lesser vein.

Oh, and Mega Rayquaza is even more broken with this as it can OHKO Xerneas with a Choice Band in the turn it Mega Evolves.

Then here's another question: Mega Evolving changes the turn order now. What about Tracing? The answer will matter in terms of Alakazam Mega Evolving at the same time it switches into a weather speed-boosted Pokemon.

Two more questions I personally have been wondering that I haven't seen answered:
  • Does Aurora Veil get boosted to 8 turns via Light Clay?
  • Has the formula which determines Hidden Power type changed to include Fairy-type?

Still no info about mold breaker+dazzling?
I'm asking because the message reads "the move cannot be used" instead of the usual "it doesnt affect the pokemon"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)