SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

Am I the only.one who believes Close Combat might become a TM move? (or the consumable variant)
I mean, Barraskewda learns it and it definitely doesnt look like a level-up move on it
Sounds likely. Possible egg move with the fighting octupus being a thing though. I assume the octo is in one of the water egg groups. (if there's even more then one now)

Still confused how it will be the metagames with only 400s mons around. It's a shame and hard to believe a game like this will not have Dragonite, Abra, Squirtle and Bulbasaur lines and so much more like Talonflame and stuff. Galar could rly fix the SM mistake of not having national dex and they decided to not even give an upgraded pokedex of at least 600s.

Did you finish Sword and Shield? Yes.
What did it cost? 478 pokémon...

3fhstk.jpg

Sub is nice but you leave yourself just completely destroyed by any physically bulky fairy, steel, or even just actual physical walls like Hippowdon.

+1 252 Atk (126 base atk) Dragapult Dragon Darts vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 169-201 (37.1 - 44.2%)
252 Atk Dragapult Phantom Force vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 127-150 (32.2 - 38%)
+1 252 Atk Dragapult Phantom Force vs. 252 HP / 24 Def Ferrothorn: 168-198 (47.7 - 56.2%)

It will need Life Orb to really get the damage output you want. Sub + LO isn't usually very good and you give up coverage like Flamethrower or whatever which it will absolutely need. We also don't know for sure that it learns Phantom Force at all so it might be stuck with Shadow Claw lol.
It was shown on the summary page that it learns Phantom Force.

Sub is nice but you leave yourself just completely destroyed by any physically bulky fairy, steel, or even just actual physical walls like Hippowdon.

+1 252 Atk (126 base atk) Dragapult Dragon Darts vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 169-201 (37.1 - 44.2%)
252 Atk Dragapult Phantom Force vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 127-150 (32.2 - 38%)
+1 252 Atk Dragapult Phantom Force vs. 252 HP / 24 Def Ferrothorn: 168-198 (47.7 - 56.2%)

It will need Life Orb to really get the damage output you want. Sub + LO isn't usually very good and you give up coverage like Flamethrower or whatever which it will absolutely need. We also don't know for sure that it learns Phantom Force at all so it might be stuck with Shadow Claw lol.
We know it gets Phantom Force, it was in the Screenshot that showed it having Clear Body as the Ability.
1573076976367.png

Relax, i just did the calcs because i was curious.
If your opponent is +1 behind a sub, it has already gone too far. And if they are a Sub set that doesn't have the sub up? Who cares, Pursuit breaks them, and you spec'ed to tank a hit, and having them set to +2 is equivalent to that hit too.
It is not a good counter per se, but it is setting up an undeniably favorable position against an already set up sweeper.

As for Obstagoon's stats, i thought Durant stats was not so unbelievable as to just drop the calcs.

Wouldn't the multi-hit aspect of Dragon Darts be a problem for the penguin?
I forgot about that. But according to the leaks, the penguin has around 100 base defense, so I think it can survive one hit of Dragon Darts. Will it signature move be worth it doubles? Or should you stick to Dragon Claw?

Wouldn't the multi-hit aspect of Dragon Darts be a problem for the penguin?
Probably depends on Eiscue's stats and if hail is up or not.

Weavile, Bisharp, and Grimmsnarl will probably be the most reliable answers to Dragapult along with burn or paralysis. Smart switching between fairy and normal types might do well in walling its best moves but I'm not sure how reliable or sustainable that is. I think no matter what, Dragapult is going to be one of those pokemon that has good checks and counters but every team needs to plan for it in some way.

I forgot about that. But according to the leaks, the penguin has around 100 base defense, so I think it can survive one hit of Dragon Darts. Will it signature move be worth it doubles? Or should you stick to Dragon Claw?
At worst it’s like a Dragon EQ that doesn’t hit your side of the field. At best there’s Stuff we don’t know about how it works, but that seems unlikely. Still, there are marginal situations where it’s better than Claw and fewer situations where you would probably prefer claw (unless even with the Spread Move Damage debuff you still do more damage to a single target than Claw) so I don’t see why not.

Weavile, Bisharp, and Grimmsnarl will probably be the most reliable answers to Dragapult along with burn or paralysis. Smart switching between fairy and normal types might do well in walling its best moves but I'm not sure how reliable or sustainable that is. I think no matter what, Dragapult is going to be one of those pokemon that has good checks and counters but every team needs to plan for it in some way.
I mean it's bulk isn't great by any means, hard switching it in is barely an option, and if one boost doesn't kill what's in front of it, it probably dies.

was

Is there a list of all tutor moves?
No, I think the leaker stated he used a technical record to get dragon dance on something.

Depending on how easy getting BP is would it be more viable to only get mints for breed fodder then breed pokemon with desired natures instead?

Add Mamoswine, Clefable and Togekiss to that list.
EDIT: Avalugg is probably the hardest answer though.

Depending on how easy getting BP is would it be more viable to only get mints for breed fodder then breed pokemon with desired natures instead?
It's like Bottle Cap training: The Natures themselves don't change, just the affected Stats, so the Pokemon being bred will have the original natures.

Will the leaker be back? I wonder why he didnt show the stats for other mons, i really want to see cursola and eldegoss.

Also any news on how is silvally obtained and whether there is any changes to it? I cant imagine another aether paradise being in this game

Will the leaker be back? I wonder why he didnt show the stats for other mons, i really want to see cursola and eldegoss.

Also any news on how is silvally obtained and whether there is any changes to it? I cant imagine another aether paradise being in this game
Type: Null is a gift mon in the Battle Tower in the postgame, I believe for getting some winning streak in the tower? Stats and possible changes unknown.

Shadow Sneak seems like a given for a jetplane ghost. Even if it doesn't get Shadow Claw, Dragapult's SpA is decent enough to run Shadow Ball, no?
Not on a Dragon Dance set but if the meta validates it maybe a mixed LO set could be okay.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
With the help of multiple contributors, Ditto has created this spreadsheet that lists all known Galarian (fully evolved) Pokémon, their stats and abilities. I've also added new moves and abilities in their own tabs.

I will be adding this to the OP. It's close to complete with the current information we have, but please let me know if there's anything missing.

To-Do: Max Moves / G-Max Moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)