Post your searing hot takes

Steak's pretty shit. Like even if its perfectly medium rare, super tender with meat juices squirting out, the flavor is barely there. It has some beef flavor and that's all. And the feeling you have after having eating a fatty steak is the absolute worst, I have no idea why it's served with butter on top and fries as a side

I don't like meat all that much but juicy chicken breast is much better to me

Steak's pretty shit. Like even if its perfectly medium rare, super tender with meat juices squirting out, the flavor is barely there. It has some beef flavor and that's all. And the feeling you have after having eating a fatty steak is the absolute worst, I have no idea why it's served with butter on top and fries as a side

i thought you said shrek and was so confused lol
but i agree

Skill issue. Blame the chef. :psysly:

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Here’s a new one following yesterday’s Nintendo Direct? That Thousand-Year Door remake everyone was going crazy over? Provided I haven’t really followed the Paper Mario series that well, I’m just going to say it… it doesn’t look that great. To the best of my knowledge, these older Paper Mario games kind of have a bit of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon syndrome where the nostalgic novelty the games have for many people take heavy priority over the games’ other shortcomings. These older games may have a good story and decent gameplay, sure, but when so many turn based RPGs exist in 2023-24 that also have these same qualities, it becomes harder to stick out in an over-saturated crowd.

Here’s a new one following yesterday’s Nintendo Direct? That Thousand-Year Door remake everyone was going crazy over? Provided I haven’t really followed the Paper Mario series that well, I’m just going to say it… it doesn’t look that great. To the best of my knowledge, these older Paper Mario games kind of have a bit of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon syndrome where the nostalgic novelty the games have for many people take heavy priority over the games’ other shortcomings. These older games may have a good story and decent gameplay, sure, but when so many turn based RPGs exist in 2023-24 that also have these same qualities, it becomes harder to stick out in an over-saturated crowd.
as a mario and luigi fan, i can tell you that if your favorite mario rpg is being remade, be prepared for the worst

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
My only concern with the remake is that they might censor that Vivian is trans in America again, or maybe even every region now
Unfortunately there’s no one true answer to this predicament. Eastern and western audiences traditionally have very different views on this kind of thing, and either way at least one faction of the audience of this game will be upset. If you decide to censor, you’re running the risk of upsetting the trans community, but if you don’t censor, you’ll have people complaining Paper Mario has “woke content”.

Unfortunately there’s no one true answer to this predicament. Eastern and western audiences traditionally have very different views on this kind of thing, and either way at least one faction of the audience of this game will be upset. If you decide to censor, you’re running the risk of upsetting the trans community, but if you don’t censor, you’ll have people complaining Paper Mario has “woke content”.
the answer is too simply not care about the latter. if you complain about woke content in paper mario you need to seek therapy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)