Serious Relationships and Sex Ed Thread

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
Hi! Uhhh (wow first time posting in this thread I think) I'm a high school senior (actually I graduate tomorrow) and my girlfriend is a high school freshmen, and we've been dating for about a month and a half (this is my first real relationship). I'm gonna try my hardest to spend a lot of time with her over the summer, but afterwards I'm moving to Dallas and attending classes at UT Dallas - so the question is, what do you do in a long-distance relationship? How does it work? Thanks in advance for any responses I might get! :)
I'm not sure how much help this'll be, but here goes. I've been in a long-distance relationship for just under 17 months now, and the single most important thing I can think of to say is TALK. Every day. Voice calls are most enjoyable, at least for me, but IM and text messaging work as well (in fact, most of my contact with my partner is over text messaging and Facebook). If you're talking every day, it's much easier to stay close with another person than if you just write the occasional email or something (also from personal experience; I've drifted apart from a bunch of my high school friends because we didn't communicate as much as we should have). It's easier if you share a lot in common with this person, so you never run out of things to talk about (my partner and I share a large number of interests, so it goes well for us). I'm not going to pretend it's not difficult to do - not a day goes by when we don't miss each other terribly - but if you two love each other enough and are committed to the relationship, you should be able to make it work. Good luck, dude.

The right thing to do is break up. Borderlines are really dangerous people (speaking from personal experience).
Fuck it if this is an old post, I need to respond to it.

Honestly dude, fuck you. Just because someone has borderline personality disorder does not mean that the right thing to do is to break up with them if you are going out with them. If there are other reasons why, the whatever, but citing it as a reason that suddenly makes the other person undesirable even if their partner is able to manage with it just reeks of you having one bad experience with someone with BPD and now think that all relationships where a person has BPD is destined to failure. Your word is not law: don't try to fucking preach it as such.

And "dangerous"? Really? Thank you. I'm sure that it really helps when people with BPD, who already have a hard enough time maintaining a stable relationship and even self-image, are labeled as "dangerous" by some shithead who thinks that the one experience he had is enough evidence to completely condemn and demonize an entire group of people. Also, i'm sure that your horrendous labeling and prejudice will help people with BPD realize their wrongs and stop being so damn dangerous! I am someone who suffers from dependencey and abandonment (both perceived and not) issues, self-hatred to the point of yelling at myself in my head almost constantly, impulsive desires to just break and smash things around me, and general emotional instability. Better not go near me because I am clearly a menace to society and should be treated like shit due to issues that I never wanted or asked for!

Really though, just grow the fuck up and stop trying to tell people with BPD who they are when you clearly have had one experience with it, and based your entire understanding of BPD around said experience.

Last edited:
Hi! Uhhh (wow first time posting in this thread I think) I'm a high school senior (actually I graduate tomorrow) and my girlfriend is a high school freshmen, and we've been dating for about a month and a half (this is my first real relationship). I'm gonna try my hardest to spend a lot of time with her over the summer, but afterwards I'm moving to Dallas and attending classes at UT Dallas - so the question is, what do you do in a long-distance relationship? How does it work? Thanks in advance for any responses I might get! :)
The first rule of LDR is that you can't have this open-ended.

You need a specific end-game plan. Do you finish college and then move back with her? What are her plans? Does she come to UT Dallas when she graduates high scool? If you have a LDR with "We'll work it out later", then you won't. You won't make it to later because you'll get partway through and then you'll both realise you have completely different ideas of what happens next, if you don't break up in the meantime.

What's the age gap between freshman and senior? (These aren't familiar terms to me - freshman would be 12, senior would be 17-18 in my experience). If the age gap is big (i.e. more than 2 years), and she's not got plans for college already in view, then the chance of you making it work is basically zero - just break up amicably now and go to college freely.

Otherwise, I think Darth is right - you need to talk a lot, and spend what holiday time you have together.

These vids by Laci Green are good at talking about ways to make LDR work:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Good lord that girl has some monstrous ta-tas...

Anyway, in response to the long distance dilemma, I can safely say it works if done right (my wife and I were LD for two years before we even lived in the same state). I think the main issue for blitzlefan, though, is going to be the difference in your life stages. A college freshman and a high school sophomore have two COMPLETELY different focuses, and I would be lying if I told you it would be easy to maintain that relationship. What you really need to do is evaluate how serious you both are, and the likelihood that this relationship will ultimately result in marriage. If you two have enough in common and have strong chemistry and compatibility, then it could work long-term. However, it is a lot to ask people of your respective ages to really be sure about what you want in life and in a spouse. Given that your relationship is relatively young, it might be easier on the both of you to break it off amicably rather than wait and have it end violently later on.

Now, before you get upset at me, please let me clarify that this is all dependent on how your 'relationship evaluation' turns out. If you are sure this girl is someone you could eventually marry, by all means continue the relationship. However, if it's not that serious and you're unsure of your future, you will save the both of you a lot of pain by not forcing the issue. High School and college are full of distractions both social and academic, not to mention it is a time in your life when your desires and priorities tend to change a great deal. Obviously some "high school sweethearts" end up living happily ever after, but the vast majority of high school couples do not last. Keep this in mind.

I realize this all sounds negative and I don't want to put people off, I just want to be realistic and honest so people hear what they NEED to hear, not what they want to hear.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Honestly, long distance gets easier as you get older. While I've had my fair share of LD, it's hard to think of "tips" for LD because I know that what works pretty easily for me now would NOT have worked for me at 18, at 23, and probably not even at 25.

I was actually in the same position as @blitzfan once upon a time with a local highschool freshmen girlfriend and a ticket to College far away. We ended up not lasting the summer; probably for the best because I was happier to go to college a "free man" anyway. (and I'd ask blitz to consider whether he wouldn't also want this too...)

To make it work though, what I'd say is that what really matters is the people involved, and much less the "approach" you take to doing it. The big factors in how it'll work are the maturity, expectations/needs (physical, emotional, time commitment), chemistry, and even financial/schedule flexibility in both parties. There's no formula for what will work or what won't when it comes to long distance, so all you can really do is reflect on yourself honestly, and have thorough and honest discussion from the get-go.

For instance my current wife, we STARTED with the precedent of long-distance, with her being in Tokyo and me being in a totally different part of Japan (a short trip by Bullet train, but a big TAB in terms of $$$). I didn't expect much at first when I met her, but she MADE it work, and so I answered her effort with my own-- and we met each other so often that it didn't even feel like long distance. Probably had as much together time as a typical couple with both people working in Tokyo. We were pretty heart broken when I left the country to pursue further studies in the US, but what we found through online communication afterwards was that our chemistry and closeness really works even over long distance, and that we're almost as good a couple apart as we are together. Dating LD for us separated by ocean was a lot easier than we imagined it to be.

Of course the factors that add up to that chemistry are found in maturity at the time, communication style, expectations/needs, and effort on both sides (and whatever other indistinguishable factors) that can't really be planned out, but just happened to work well in practice. Then she came and visited me so I could propose to her, but we got pregnant at the same time. DA-HA-HA... lol All's well that ends well, right?

I've also horribly failed with other girls in LD, and I know that even with my current wife I'd probably have failed with her if at a different point in my life. Just like all relationships, LD stacks up to right place, right people, right time, and a little bit of luck. Hope that helps

edit: TA-TAS!

Guys i need a bit of help...

I decided last week that I wanted to tell my best friend Graham that I was a homosexual.
Although he is my best friend, I fid it really hard to bring up the subject as h is a bit of a homophobe
I honestly dont know what to do as all the people I would usually turn to for help (family and friends) have either left me or I feel uncomforrtable

I am really looking for a way to tell my best friend what I am but I dont know what to do :(

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Guys i need a bit of help...

I decided last week that I wanted to tell my best friend Graham that I was a homosexual.
Although he is my best friend, I fid it really hard to bring up the subject as h is a bit of a homophobe
I honestly dont know what to do as all the people I would usually turn to for help (family and friends) have either left me or I feel uncomforrtable

I am really looking for a way to tell my best friend what I am but I dont know what to do :(
Halloo =) You might want to move this post to the LGBTQ thread, as it's a bit more relevant. I'll give you an overview of my opinion here though.

1. While being honest about who you are with your best friend is great, you should under no circumstances feel obligated to come out to him. If you really truly want him to know, and the practical implications of the worst possible scenario won't completely fuck over your life (eg, if you wanted to tell your single parent and they would probably kick you out of the house), then by all means go for it.
2. I don't think there's really any need to bring up the subject in person if you're not comfortable with it. If you do it through a letter/text/email/whatever, you can choose your words carefully, and he can also be more understanding. It does create the potentially awkward scenario of him ignoring you that's harder to do in real life, but again, do what you really want to do. If you're not comfortable telling him in person, don't.
3. In general, make sure you stress that you have not changed whatsoever. If you do decide to tell him, do it under the heading of "i'm being more honest with you about myself" not "look at this deep dark secret that will completely change who I am". You may be homosexual, but you shouldn't be defined by your sexuality. Try and think of the conversation from how he'd react and what he'd be potentially worried about.

couple disclaimers

first, i'm not a professional. have you tried talking to a school counselor who may be able to intervene after the fact if things go sour?

^there was a second disclaimer but i forgot it.

good luck <3

Long distant relationships are poison.

On a more serious note, I dated a girl from New York for 8 months(i lived in Alabama at the time) I visited her twice for a week each round. It was great and would have continued to be great had I not been a jealous fool. The thing about long distant relationship is commitment. It's rather draining to keep constant contact via text, phones calls, Skype etc. If you're skeptical person I'd say stay away from this kind of relationship and you won't find your life love within your first relationship most of the time anyhoot. Best of luck tho.

Btw I was a high school senior during the time.

Last edited:

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Thanks for all the responses that I got - yeah long distance relationships really suck I didn't see her for ~3 weeks and I just got dumped :/
Uhhh... at least I can get back into GP work or something now lol

Thanks for all the responses that I got - yeah long distance relationships really suck I didn't see her for ~3 weeks and I just got dumped :/
Uhhh... at least I can get back into GP work or something now lol
I'm sorry to hear that. It's hard to tell from your post, although the three-week MIA doesn't sound so great, but I hope it was at least clean. Some people really aren't suited for LDRs, and considering that you two are now at very different points of your life and that she is so young, it's definitely true that an LDR would have been very difficult to navigate. Typically with relationship dissolutions the best thing to do is keep yourself busy for awhile and focus on your other relationships; make the most of this summer vacation imo. Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon -- you do have moving away, college, and meeting completely new people to look forward to :)

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Kissing on the first date

So, on the date I most recently had, it went really well. I invited him out to drinks, we talked for a long time, we got to know each other pretty well. It was like midnight when he said that he was ready to leave, and we walked out of the bar together. We live on separate sides of town so we parted ways after walking for a bit. Anyway, idk if it was me in a drunken state or both of us or what idk, but we hugged when we said goodnight and I have no idea if he was going in for a kiss or not and I just went for the hug. IDK if I should have gone for a kiss or what, idk if I misread what he was doing, and now I'm kinda fretting over it.

The last guy I was dating (the black guy for those in the know) we didn't kiss on the first date but ended up having sex on the second and then we dated for like a month which idk it was a weird progression but I think it was fine until he dumped me lol.

IDK where social standards are in regards to this. Is he going to feel weird about not kissing on the first date? We have a second date planned, should I say something in regards to not kissing like "no really I am really into you idk why we didn't kiss last time let's make up for it now?" (actually as I type that that sounds pretty smooth)

Am I fretting over nothing? Aside from just normal texting him this week is there something I should say to let him know that I am sincerely interested?

EDIT: actually this might be important but when we parted we were like right on the corner of a really busy street/sidewalk with a ton of people around so idk if most people would have kissed there anyway but IDK

whether it's time or not is all up to personal feelings really, in my opinion if you're unsure of how to judge the situation it can never hurt to just verbally ask for a kiss!

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
it can never hurt to just verbally ask for a kiss!
'cept it can be really awkward.

Am I fretting over nothing? Aside from just normal texting him this week is there something I should say to let him know that I am sincerely interested?
I'd say you're fretting over nothing dude. Just play it cool, relax. It'll happen when the mood comes around. I mean, you guys are in your 20's and are purposely going on a date (with that intent), so it's not like kissing or not kissing should be a big deal one way or another.

I'd say-- don't bother talking about it (it'll just be awkward). Don't force it, but don't hesitate either if the moment looks right. Most important-- don't worry about it. I mean, it's just kissing we're talking about...

Good luck bro.

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Kissing on the first date

So, on the date I most recently had, it went really well. I invited him out to drinks, we talked for a long time, we got to know each other pretty well. It was like midnight when he said that he was ready to leave, and we walked out of the bar together. We live on separate sides of town so we parted ways after walking for a bit. Anyway, idk if it was me in a drunken state or both of us or what idk, but we hugged when we said goodnight and I have no idea if he was going in for a kiss or not and I just went for the hug. IDK if I should have gone for a kiss or what, idk if I misread what he was doing, and now I'm kinda fretting over it.

The last guy I was dating (the black guy for those in the know) we didn't kiss on the first date but ended up having sex on the second and then we dated for like a month which idk it was a weird progression but I think it was fine until he dumped me lol.

IDK where social standards are in regards to this. Is he going to feel weird about not kissing on the first date? We have a second date planned, should I say something in regards to not kissing like "no really I am really into you idk why we didn't kiss last time let's make up for it now?" (actually as I type that that sounds pretty smooth)

EDIT: actually this might be important but when we parted we were like right on the corner of a really busy street/sidewalk with a ton of people around so idk if most people would have kissed there anyway but IDK
you should just show him this post and he'll think you're thoughtful and wonderful and kiss you on the spot

except you might want to edit out the part about the ex you fucked on the second date

you can kiss on the first date, the 50th, or before you're dating, so yeah. chou is right about doing it when it feels right, dunno if i agree that breaking conventions and being frank about your wants should do any harm though

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Is it normal to kiss on the first date? Cause I've never kissed anyone
Most people I've kissed it was after I'd had sex with them, but it really depends on the context. How well do you know the person? Have you known them for a long time or did you just meet? Some dates are about 'srs love', and others are about rubbing your genitals together, and others are about other things. Ultimately a date is whatever you all make of it, together.

In the normative progression (as I've heard it) you'd kiss sometime between before the first date (if there is one) and before the first time you have sex with that person (If you have sex with that person).

I don't think you should do what feels right, you should do what is right, which may mean not coming onto someone even when you have feels. js, be mindful about it.

This thread looks fun, because it makes me think twice about my decisions I've made:
I have been planning on joining the US Army for more than 11 years now (17 and graduated from high school now, enlisted and shipping off to Basic in four months) so I haven't tried to get in relationships simply because my head was so wrapped around joining the Army.
Then came high school. But first, some backstory: when I was in elementary school (that's kindergarten - 5th grade in Nebraska) I had this serious crush on a girl. We were really good friends up until 3rd grade, where I had to go to a different school (within the same school district). however, during our years together in grade school, we both loved Lilo and Stitch. I was Stitch, and she was Lola (Stitch's love interest in the L&S show, but whatever). We were pretty torn when I moved into a new school, even if it was just for 4th and 5th grade.
So, after leaving the school she went to, I lost touch with her, and we kind of forgot about each other.
I made the decision not to get into a relationship with anyone in 6th grade, the start of middle school. That's how far ahead I was thinking. Even though above mentioned girl and I both went to the same middle school, I never made it a priority to find her and reconnect.
Now we get to the high school part of it: My freshman year, I wound up having 5 out of my 7 classes with her, and not to mention I had moved into the house across the street from her. After having watched all of my friends go through their awkward middle school relationships, I was pretty okay with not getting too serious with someone. But, there was something about her that made me reconnect. One day, freshman year, I just started talking to her in my Stitch voice. I got a laugh from her. After all that time, she remembered me. We started what I thought of as a friendship. We'd go out in groups of people and see movies, sports games, etc.
Then, during our Junior year, she called me. I remember this part as clear as day, because that's when our relationship started... and how we planned to end it.
Her: "You're joining the Army, aren't you?"
Me: "Yes."
Her: She laughs, "Well shit, this sucks. Want to come over to my place so we can talk about it?"
I did so. This was big for me, and I didn't even realize it then. My first time alone with her. We talked until I realized the sun was back up and we both needed to get to school. We talked about my plans for the Army, her plans for college (she got a full ride scholarship to Duke), and if we wanted to start seeing each other. I told her no, because I knew exactly how it was going to end. She said the same. I was a bit taken back, but her saying no made me fall for her even more. She knew what I meant. We had our first date the next day, our first kiss about a week later, our first time a few weeks after we kissed. We broke up that summer. But, she wanted me and I wanted her. We talked about continuing to see each other after high school and agreed it wouldn't happen. So, we decided. We would continue our relationship up until June 22nd, 2014. Sealed the date with a kiss. Blurred through senior year. She made me late to work a couple of times because she loved doing it so much (she was kind of a nymph, now that I think about it XD). I didn't care though. It reached a point where seeing her seemed to always meant sex.
This is coming from someone who had sex three times in one day, then had sex the next day: It's not fun if you constantly do it. I missed the surprise factor she gave me back when we were Juniors. I missed having to hold back just one more day because she only felt like teasing me. My whole plan to save myself for the perfect woman while I was in the Army had been ruined by the childhood friend during Junior year. I just broke up with this girl a few days ago and have been busy training for the army. She's been constantly calling me, but she knew that I had already closed her off. I don't even think I want to have a relationship in the Army after all that sex. I've lost touch with how to actually talk to a woman now.
In reality, sex sucks. I wish I wouldn't have gone out with her after we broke up the first time.
What about you guys and girls? Any relationships you thought were going well end terribly that you feel like sharing?

Most people I've kissed it was after I'd had sex with them, but it really depends on the context. How well do you know the person? Have you known them for a long time or did you just meet? Some dates are about 'srs love', and others are about rubbing your genitals together, and others are about other things. Ultimately a date is whatever you all make of it, together.

In the normative progression (as I've heard it) you'd kiss sometime between before the first date (if there is one) and before the first time you have sex with that person (If you have sex with that person).

I don't think you should do what feels right, you should do what is right, which may mean not coming onto someone even when you have feels. js, be mindful about it.
Just for future reference. I'm not into anyone right now.

Just for future reference. I'm not into anyone right now.
What's important is that you both know when to kiss, albeit the first or the tenth kiss. The tricky part comes with the timing. If she or he (I'd like to help both sides) likes surprises, make it a surprise by making it sudden/unexpected. (S)He'll enjoy it that much more. (This is also my favorite way to kiss a girl). If (s)he likes to take it slow, wait for her/him to make the move. Waiting for her/him to make the move means that both of you have confirmed your love for each other. (It's also when she really wants to kiss as well).
It really depends on the girl/guy and the timing.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I'm in a bit of a pickle that I could probably resolve myself but I'm having difficulty thinking of ways to do it with the delicacy required.

Past-relationship relevancy: Was with a girl off and on for roughly 28 months, during one of the interim periods I went on a few dates with one of the girls described below but broke it off quickly b/c i still had feelings for this girl. Relationship ended in October.

Girl A: Friend of Girl B I met in March, began hanging out a little bit, sleeping together somewhat often. I felt affectionate towards her but realized quickly what we have next to nothing in common. Intellectual and physical attraction has dwindled. No physical contact in the four summer months due to separate provinces. When we parted in April we agreed not to be in a relationship but simply to see where things go. She had feelings for me at this point (unconfessed but I knew) and they seem to have only grown with the distance, unfortunately. Have been attempting to dwindle her feelings without being an overt dick because she's a nice enough girl and I don't want to hurt her and also because it would complicate things nicely as described below.

Girl B: Met her first while she was going hard after another guy, became friend with her as she was nearing the end of that interest. We are fairly similar people with similar interests so we became pretty close friends, I'd help her through emotional stuff, etc. She set me up with friend A while in the tail end of this period. Shortly after her interest in the other guy ended, and a couple weeks into the period where I was sleeping with A, I had a threesome with both A and B which was by all measures a fucking awesome time. She (B) and I slept together several more times in a casual manner without A knowing before the uni year ended, consensual, fun, no strings attached. In a vacuum we would likely continue to sleep together once school resumed until one of us became encumbered by a relationship. I like her a fair bit, would be willing to date her if she were interested, but would not be willing at this point to pursue her or suggest anything more than the good friends that we are; I'm happy with this situation.

Complications arise, however, in that Girls A and B are rooming in the same suite at University next year. Any actions that I might undertake (such as breaking it off cold) affect my ability to be close friends with B (not to mention potentially sex; my own quarters are questionable due to at least one of my roommates being heavy Christians). On top of that Girl B has grown tired of the clinginess of A (acknowledged by myself) and is already dissatisfied with her living situation for next year.

Now into this situation, with me back in my hometown, enters Girl C. Girl C has carried a torch for me for a long time, several years, and is the girl mentioned in the second paragraph. We've engaged in some date like activities in the past, made out a few times and whatnot, but have generally not been a part of each other's life in recent years. Recently she messaged me do her going to a University in the same city as my University this coming year, we began talking and whatnot, it was new, fresh, exciting, and seemed right so things progressed quickly. We've begun getting physical and will continue to do so in the coming days and weeks. She's a reasonably nice and interesting girl, as well as reasonably attractive and I could certainly be content with this relationship. I have a concern, however, raised from the last time we saw each other (yesterday) which is that I am getting strong signals (not of overattachment because this early that's reasonable) of her placing me up on a pedestal as some sort of 'perfect' individual. I'm concerned that this will limit the depth of attraction I can feel for her as someone who perceives me to be without flaw (I have many) while also deepening the superficial attraction she will feel for me. I absolutely like her as a person and want to remain committed to doing things with her/showing her places in the new City as I have committed to do, but I have reservations about doing it in relationship form should this perception of hers continue. I also question to what level we can be intellectually compatible with such a difference in perception of each other. I can forsee a situation where we get along happily and the relationship progresses nicely as a normal relationship would but I can also forsee a situation where she views me as a better person than I am and will do anything for me whereas I can only see her as a convenient lay (I'm suspecting I'll be her first serious sexual relationship which, judging by her reaction last night, will be enhanced by her infatuation; I will be distinctly more experienced than her (and if I may toot my own horn, I'm rather competent in bed which will only exacerbate matters)). Complications arise further in that she's a fairly good friend of my sister (which honestly doesn't bother me much, my sister has stood behind me in the past) and that I left her hurt the last time (as outlined at the start, the right thing to do) which I'd rather avoid doing again.

Finally, there also enters the complication that I'm not entirely sure I even want to be in a relationship right now. The relationship mentioned in paragraph 2 left some pretty deep emotional scars on me as we were, legitimately by any sense of measure I've seen and also by my own instinct, in love with each other. I've read before that you want your first relationship to end badly so that you can experience future relationships normally, that falling into true love the first time is the worst thing as it discolours your future relationships which pale in comparison to what you've had. I'm sure this isn't universally true but it does seem to be the case at this time in that I feel like a heroin addict without the addiction, my goals have been structured around find the peace, happiness, and serenity I had when I was in this relationship. I've moved on from this ex, having recognized where we were uncompatible with each other but the memories of what we had do not fade. Thus this is one occasional block that's occurred in each sexual relationship I've had since that relationship ended.

Continuing the previous, there's also the feeling I get right now that I may simply not want a relationship, that I'm happy being single and focussing on myself, my hobbies, and my schoolwork. Having experienced a full relationship I know that its a hell of a lot of work and emotional investment that I'm not sure I'm willing to invest right now (being low energy by nature). I also enjoy being able to spend time with myself uninhibited, being able to go out for drinks with my friends or chill with them, or even just to have NSA sex with people like girl 2. Certainly my studies would not be negatively impacted by being single. Further, I'm finding I'm enjoying being a single male. Curiously since I've had my attentions occupied by one or more ladies I've found myself the attentions of women more and more frequently which I take some manner of pride in and there are certainly women I've met in the past or continue to meet that I might like the opportunity to pursue.

In summary, I've created something of a pickle for myself where no matter what I do I'll be leaving one or more people emotionally hurt through my own inaction, despite my best intentions. There are several potential outcomes that I could be happy with, but also several outcomes that I might not be. I could likely decide upon an appropriate course of action (and consider my dilemma appropriately through introspection) but I turn to your ladies and gents for your appraisal of the situation and thoughts in seek of a new perspective hopefully free from judgement.

p.s. I'm sure I've left out some critical detail somewhere so if you need clarification or questions answered ask away

p.p.s. oh and i have a problem in that i p much never wear a condom b/c i often have trouble finishing as it is (not masturbatory related, mental) but the girls i sleep with are generally on birth control. not smart, i know. but that's an issue for another time.

Seems like I was into something with the STDs

My advice would be that you really need to be honest with all those girls, specially the third one, since It seems you're leading her without your knowledge. You have to be really clear what your intentions are and how you (not) see yourself in a relationship in the near future. I tell you thins because the same thing happened to me, my ex-boyfriend and I broken up because basically, he loved me but I didn't love him back, It's worth saying we went out 4 months, and I have never really been in love, so of course I wasn't gonna fall that quickly. Still, even though he understood that quickly soured our relationship, as it tends to happen with this things. We really had a great time together but I was not gonna lie to him just to hurt him even more in the future. As you shouldn't keep pursuing this girl without talking first about what does this means for you two, does she expect you to become her boyfriend or would she be ok with a casual friends-with-benefits thing? And would she be agreeing to this only so she doesn't lose you? Would she be ok with you dating and having sex with other people? You need to be franc with her and tell her how you feel since otherwise she'll create an idea about what you want that will likely differ to what you really do.

With Girl A It would be the same, but I would be careful with this, don't make it seem like you're dishing her for her friend ans that will only create a very bad/awkward environment for B and will just end up hurting your relationship with her on the long run as she can become more bitter or tired for living with someone who doesn't like her / is angry at her (and remember girls tell each other stuff, and she's the closest girlfriend she has for when she wants to ventilate stuff about you, it's convenient that she at least doesn't hate you). I would try to go out more, at least in the beginning, better the first girl forgets about you or at least has got some time to stop caring about the whole deal / find another guy she's interested in. If your roommates are as christian as you say they are then maybe invite her over when they are in church or something.

OK, how do you guys go about finding casual hook-ups? I've been out clubbing a bit since I turned 18, but most girls seem unwilling to go beyond grinding/making out in the club. The two numbers I've gotten both didn't respond, so what tips do you have? Am I just too young-looking?

tl;Dr teach me how to sleep with beautiful women. pls no PUA bs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)