Reuniclus

Another counter is Escavalier, if Trick Room is set up. Barring a Esca not running a 0 IV (honestly who the hell is it going to outspeed with a 31 speed IV), it will outspeed most in Trick Room and while I do not have the calculations, I would venture to say that LO Megahorn OHKO's. Esca is also pretty damn bulky on both sides that even Focus Miss shouldn't do much.

And I shouldn't have to tell you that Psyshock being double resisted is not going to jack and $hit and jack left town.
I am completly sure is a KO with max att, Scizor with it and CB deals 84-97% to Reuniclus with the much weaker U-turn.

But the problem of Escavalier is, it is not easy to fit in any team.

Reuniclus is not much a threat if you know its moveset, Team Preview helps this.

Like past posts, Deoxys-D is a great counter to CM Reuniclus, with Taunt, Night Shade/Seismic Toss and Recover.

Mew is too with the same moveset(Roost/Softboiled for Recover, obviously or even Super Fang instead of Night Shade/Seismic Toss)

Latias can win CM against it unless Reuniclus has Psyshock.

Gardevoir and Alakazam can Encore it.

Really any Psychic can deal against it as long they keep it to store boosts.

And of course, Wobbuffet is a underrated counter to it. Really it is the perfect counter unless it is the last pokemon. Wobbuffet is faster too.

TR is easy to deal against, because it is not going to boost its stats, and its physical defense(and special defense, but less) is not too good without any investment. Just stall the TR turns and hit it hard.

Trolluniclus

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
252 SpAtk/252 Spe/4 Def
Timid / Magic Guard

Calm Mind
Psychic
Focus Blast/Shadow Ball
HP Fire

The ultimate troll. Don't like VoltTurn? Bring this in on Rotom, watch it switch out, get +1 while bluffing defensive Calm Mind, outspeed and hit scizor with HP Fire. Have fun laughing to yourself, run sweepers that are checked by Scizor, count the ragequits that come from their scizor being killed by a goddamn reuniclus.

Trolluniclus

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
252 SpAtk/252 Spe/4 Def
Timid / Magic Guard

Calm Mind
Psychic
Focus Blast/Shadow Ball
HP Fire

The ultimate troll. Don't like VoltTurn? Bring this in on Rotom, watch it switch out, get +1 while bluffing defensive Calm Mind, outspeed and hit scizor with HP Fire. Have fun laughing to yourself, run sweepers that are checked by Scizor, count the ragequits that come from their scizor being killed by a goddamn reuniclus.
If Scizor is using more than 36 Spe EVs though, your pretty much screwed. I personaly like to run a Trick Room with HP fire set on Reunicles. You TR on the switch and then you can outspeed Scizor much more reliably and OHKO. Excellent for removing opposing Scizor and opening a Terrakion Sweep... Trick and Flame Orb can also be used to troll those Scizor and Tyranitar but I find it less effective because you have to predict the switch properly.

By the way, I'm new here. Hey everyone.

hi (:

TrollERuniclus

Reuniclus @ Choice Scarf
252 SpAtk/252 Spe/4 Def
Timid / Magic Guard

Trick
Psychic
Focus Blast/Shadow Ball
HP Fire

What now, scizor?

No, seriously... reuniclus have better thing to do than just luring and killing scizor. Like overwhelming stall/HO, for example.

I agree Pombo, Reuniclus can do many different rolls and it shines against stall teams but its ability to lure and take out Scizor must not be overlooked. Many teams rely on Scizor to check many dangerous threats such as Terrakion so removing it can be game breaking.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
No, Pombo's point is exactly the opposite. If you want a scizor lure, Reuniclus is really not your man. Get Tangrowth or Celebi or something. Rank has better things to do, and it can't do both at once.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Reuniclus is a bitch for stall teams to take out, especially the CM+Recover set. And dont forget Espeon with HP Fire as another great Scizor lure as no one really expects Espeon to stay in on Scizor

Reuniclus is a bitch for stall teams to take out, especially the CM+Recover set. And dont forget Espeon with HP Fire as another great Scizor lure as no one really expects Espeon to stay in on Scizor
Does CB Bullet Punch KO Espeon? It wouldn't be that good a lure if that happened.

There never has been any mass leave because smogon banned a pokemon.

Also if you manage to get a rating of 1450 with Spiritomb in your team, than you get my eternal respect. Seeing as it it is fucking impossible with that crap on your team
1. Everything you have posted has been some kind of insult to someone's ideas... followed by a crappy one of your own.

2. Many people have peaked in the topten with worse pokes (spinda, kecleon, etc.). Learn to play pokemon... maybe you'll be able to someday... or even break a decent ranking in general with your cookie-cutter ttar, scizor, rotom-w, landorus, gliscor, reinclus type team.

3. Spirittomb has been proven to function great against reun, and nearly every other psychic for that matter. Stab 80bp priority and common immunities can go a long way

4. I find that reun takes far more support (mainly cm varient) than it first seems: ie. taking out any physical threat to it as its speed makes it incredibly open to attack by most pokes... especially the ever common scizor which is quite difficult to kill off

hi (:

TrollERuniclus

Reuniclus @ Choice Scarf
252 SpAtk/252 Spe/4 Def
Timid / Magic Guard

Trick
Psychic
Focus Blast/Shadow Ball
HP Fire

What now, scizor?

No, seriously... reuniclus have better thing to do than just luring and killing scizor. Like overwhelming stall/HO, for example.
This looks like a fun set to play with, but in my opinion, it's too situational to be effective, asides from the occasional "lol" in taking out Scizors. Trick Room + HP Fire would probably be a better idea in nailing Scizors, as well as provides Reuniclius with a chance to sweep.

Trick Room + HP Fire would probably be a better idea in nailing Scizors, as well as provides Reuniclius with a chance to sweep.
Running HP gives Scizor a nice surprise, though it reduces coverage. I would probably drop Shadow Ball and run something like Scizor with Pursuit to cover 'mons such as Lati@s and Enemy Reuniclus.

Lets not forget HP Fire Reuniclus is used primarily used as a support mon to lure in specific threats, not a sweeper.

What runs well with Calm mind reuniclus? I'm trying to build a team right now.

Rotom-W worth looking into? Sword dance Scizor maybe?

Fighting types pair well with Reuniclus. Something like Infernape can take on popular Reuniclus counters such as Scizor, Tyranitar and Blissey.

Modest | Magic Guard
176 HP / 80 Def / 252 SAtk
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock / Psychic
- Focus Blast​

Set-up what you need on the switch, and then sweep. With 176 HP Reuniclus reaches 405, enough to set-up 4 Substitutes with 101 HP rather than 3, max SpAtk to sweep better, and the 80 remaining in Def to give some bulk. Psychic / Psyshock depends on what you need to kill (Bulk Uppers, Calm Minders, Blissey), Focus Blast is for coverage but Shadow Ball, Thunder etch can be used

I'd rather set up Trick Room than Sub because Scizor will still outspeed you and U-turn out to break your Sub, instead of being KO'd by Focus Blast after taking some prior damage. Sub would be really useful to break through stall, but the Calm Mind+Recover set already does that and Magic Guard already prevents Toxic and Burn from doing anything to you.

I suppose that set would be nice as a combination of the two sets, though.

I don't see the point of using sub, especially with the Magic Guard ability... Recover completely outclasses it IMO.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Like the above posters said SubCM isn't really cutting it on Reuniclus, since Substitute is main appeal is to stop status wich reuniclus is already immune to. Pokemon like Jirachi also use their great defensive typing to make the substitutes extremely hard to break for some pokemon, but pure psychic, while not as bad as last gen is still not the defensive typing.

The argument that says CM Reuniclus breaks Stall or makes (Full) Stall not viable is a misconception actually.

Pokemon like Milotic, even 252 HP/252 Physical Defense can heal off the damage done by Reuniclus easily and phaze it out with Dragon Tail or Haze it. Haze has the same PP than all the CM Reuniclus moves have so it can stall it out to Struggle if it is the last 'mon of the team.

Jellicent can Taunt and Shadow Ball it and heal off the damage but it is not the most advisable option.

Sp Defensive Dragonite can Dragon Tail it and heal off the damage.

Taunt Deoxys-D and Mew can stop its attempts to boost and heal and kill it with Night Shade/Seismic Toss, Deoxys-D and Mew can also heal themselves with Recover Roost or Softboiled.

Encore renders Reuniclus almost useless, by Quagsire or Wobbuffet.

Perish Song, specially Politoed and Celebi, kill it if it is the last pokemon.

Quagire can beat it with Encore and/or Stockpile.

And don't forget Sableye with Taunt and Night Shade or CM

And don't counting CM or QD resistant to their moves or could hit it with a superefective move, like Latias and Volcarona.

The argument that says CM Reuniclus breaks Stall or makes (Full) Stall not viable is a misconception actually.

Pokemon like Milotic, even 252 HP/252 Physical Defense can heal off the damage done by Reuniclus easily and phaze it out with Dragon Tail or Haze it. Haze has the same PP than all the CM Reuniclus moves have so it can stall it out to Struggle if it is the last 'mon of the team.

Jellicent can Taunt and Shadow Ball it and heal off the damage but it is not the most advisable option.

Sp Defensive Dragonite can Dragon Tail it and heal off the damage.

Taunt Deoxys-D and Mew can stop its attempts to boost and heal and kill it with Night Shade/Seismic Toss, Deoxys-D and Mew can also heal themselves with Recover Roost or Softboiled.

Encore renders Reuniclus almost useless, by Quagsire or Wobbuffet.

Perish Song, specially Politoed and Celebi, kill it if it is the last pokemon.

Quagire can beat it with Encore and/or Stockpile.

And don't forget Sableye with Taunt and Night Shade or CM

And don't counting CM or QD resistant to their moves or could hit it with a superefective move, like Latias and Volcarona.
Milotic isn't particularly common to be considered a threat, though it certainly can be a problem from Reuniclius. Defensive Dragonite isn't too common, and it won't really enjoy rocks damage, so you have to sack something to spin to bring it in in order to Dragon Tail Reuniclius without being killed by Psychic / Psyshock. While Mew and Deo-D can pose threats, LO boosted Shadow Ball, at +1, since you need to switch to get them in, can still do a lot supposing you taunt it. Sableye can't win against variants that carry Shadowball, as it's practically begging for a crit or SpDef drop. Same thing applies for Quagsires using Stock Pile. Encore can pose a problem for Reuniclius due to its slow speed, but Encore is not really common.

Yes, I am talking about the CM Standard Reuniclus, who has CM, Recover, Focus Blast and Psychic, this Reuniclus rarely carries Shadow Ball and if it carries it, it is walled by more Pokemon.

I know the pokemon I said most are not common but they are viable in OU besides to face CM Reuniclus.

Quagsire does not fear a Sp Def drop, except when they are commonly, because it can Stockpile again or switch out and to do the same, sadly it only is able to use Stockpile three times.
Even Quagsire learns Amnesia too.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I use an alternate spread with my reuniclus. The strategydex currently recommends 192 HP and 64 Defense EV's for the trick room set. If my math is correct, this puts you at 409 HP. IMO, 401 HP is all you need. This lets you survive 5 hits from the pink blobs instead of 4. This is the EV spread I use:
252 SpA/160 HP/96 Def

Is my math correct with the HP btw (assuming flawless IV's of course)??

Your math is just fine, but you're missing the point with the EV spread. Reuniclus is not trying to minimize it's HP stat, it's trying to maximize its bulk. 192 HP / 64 Def provides the most efficient compromise for both sides.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)