RU Rejected Sets Compendium (READ BEFORE POSTING A SET!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This is a list of all Pokemon and sets that have already been reviewed by the Quality Control staff and have been rejected. Before posting a set, read this to make sure that no similar set has been posted and rejected first. If a set is similar to a rejected set, or if the Pokemon has been rejected for an analysis entirely, there needs to be extremely solid reasoning as to why the set is different from an already rejected set and/or should be given a second chance. Sets that are too similar to an already rejected set are liable to be locked on sight, and in addition, you may be given a warning for posting such a set.

*** REJECTED POKEMON ***
(These Pokemon have been rejected entirely, so any and all sets for these Pokemon must include a thorough explanation of why it should be reconsidered.)
Dewgong
Glalie
Golem
Machoke
Magcargo
Metang
Muk
Noctowl
Pelipper
Probopass
Raticate
Seaking
Slaking
Stoutland
Swoobat

*** REJECTED SETS ***
Crustle (Stealth Rock + Shell Smash + Flail)
Gallade (Parafusion)
Sceptile (Red Card)
Steelix (Life Orb)

Last Update: Jan 20, 2012
Added: Stoutland

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
K, we're basically going to re-QC some mons due to the hail ban, a couple of them basically became worthless without hail to back them up, giving them STAB Blizzards or what have you

So:

Beartic: No Rejection, I used it without hail and it worked fine, the SubPunch set is good

Glaceon: Reject, STAB Ice Beam is far less threatening than STAB Blizzard, and the coverage moves don't make up for it.

Glalie: I never liked it to begin with, though the set that's onsite is typically a dedicated lead to set up Spikes which is fine. No rejection.

Rotom-F: No opinion, I haven't played with it without hail and it still seems good without hail, abstain for now.

Vanilluxe: Reject, without STAB Blizzard, there's literally nothing Vanilluxe has to threaten opponents with, and a fast Ice Beam is better done by Jynx.

Walrein: Stallrein doesn't work without hail, and Encore isn't enough to give it an edge over Lapras. Reject.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Reject Vanilluxe and Walrein, they have literally no reasons to be used.

Glaceon I feel confident that it can manage to be a good mon, although it will need to be re-written, for example a scarf or specs set still seem viable.

The others either good mons or relevant analyses.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Beartic: No rejection. There are definitely better Sub + 3 Attacks mons, but STAB Icicle Crash is cool, and he relied on Hail a lot less than the others on this list.

Glaceon: Reject. It had two niches: ridiculously powerful Blizzard, and Sub + Ice Body. Both are gone. No reason to use it over Jynx.

Glalie: Reject. Never should have gotten approved in the first place, even with Hail. Glalie is a terrible Pokemon, use Qwilfish/Scolipede/Accelgor if you want a Spikes lead. Seriously, why would you EVER use this?

Rotom-F: No rejection. It might still be usable, even though it's almost completely outclassed by Rotom-C. If someone wants to try redoing it and putting it back through QC, I'd be willing to take a closer look. It definitely needs to be redone if it's staying up.

Vanilluxe: Reject. It has no moves.

Walrein: Reject. no stallrein = no walrein.

Upstart

Copy Cat
Walrein: reject unless someone can show me a viable set

Vanilluxe: I would have probably rejected with hail around. With it gone i don't scream for ice cream

Rotom F stay on the basis that Ice bolt is amazing coverage even if it has a crappy accuracy. It can still be used

Glaceon-abstain I think it could work but i would need to test

Beartic- although it is worse then a lot of pokemon it still works outside of hail

Glalie: accept as it has the niche of spiking despite qwil doing it better

Honko

he of many honks
Alright, that's unanimous rejection for Vanilluxe and Walrein, so I'm moving them to the rejected list and taking down the analyses.

Beartic is good to go. Rotom-F is also accepted, but it will need an update to go through QC and GP as the current analysis focuses heavily on hail support.

Glaceon and Glalie still need some more opinions from other QC members.

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok, Honko has told me 2010326132621362631512361236 times to post, so I guess it's time to state my opinion on this.

When I originally wrote the RU Glalie analysis, it was at the point in time where it looked like Qwilfish, which is basically superior to Glalie in every way, was going to raise to UU, thus giving Glalie a slight niche other than its Ice-type and Inner Focus. That assumption was basically the main thing that led to it being approved, and as Qwilfish hasn't risen, it's safe to say that Glalie's totally outclassed. (We could go over the whole unviable vs outclassed argument again, I suppose, since lead Glalie is technically viable, but I'll leave it to Oglemi to make a decision there). I'd personally leave it on site, if only because it's usable, despite being outclassed (which iirc was the verdict reached with a few analysis some time ago).

Glaceon should go. There's literally no reason to use it now that it can't fire off Blizzards at random, especially with several of the Ice-resists in RU becoming more common (Slowking, Probopass, Klinklang, etc). We can reject it.

Honko

he of many honks
Alrighty looks like a NO on Glaceon, so I'm adding it to the list. Glalie stays up for now, we'll look at it again eventually.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
k thanks for the input everyone

Vanilluxe, Walrein, Glaceon analyses are taken down

Beartic and Glalie will stay with no changes. Glalie is a tough case though, and as has been stated, Spikes gives it just enough of a niche to be used. We will re-examine Glalie in the future though, particularly if Qwilfish leaves next tier change.

Rotom-F is going to have to be revamped, but it is in my opinion that a SubSplit set is still usable.

Oglemi

Borf
No it's not getting an analysis, it'll drop back down to NU where it belongs in the next transition, plus it was rejected earlier. Metang only moved up due to the dedication of one single user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)