SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Can we please not link directly to 4chan? Not only is this a 13+ forum linking to an 18+ only website, but you're at best a single click away from an endless wellspring of hate speech and white supremacy, if it's not on that page already.

Edit: context for this was deleted, but the answer to the above conversation is no, no one’s found the ability patch yet.

Last edited:
So after sleeping on it and thinking about it more I don't think I'm going to worry about the "move deletion on transferring" especially when it comes to egg moves until it actually comes time for transfers which is a long time away. Especially since the source was Centro and other than a assumption they provided no actual source to back it up and unfortunately them saying that has made a lot of people angry in various forums online.

I do still find it stupid they would take out the ability to transfer egg moves across the same species regardless of gender like in Sword and Shield. They both improved breeding more and then took a step back. Typical.

Last edited:
So after sleeping on it and thinking about it more I don't think I'm going to worry about the "move deletion" especially when it comes to egg moves until it actually comes time for transfers which is a long time away. Especially since the source was Centro and other than a assumption they provided no actual source to back it up and unfortunately them saying that has bad a lot of people angry in various forums online.

I do still find it stupid they would take out the ability to transfer egg moves across the same species regardless of gender like in Sword and Shield. They both improved breeding more and then took a step back. Typical.
Gamefreak has been pretty good about QoL especially when it comes to generating competitive pokemon so I don't see any reason they took it out.

My guess is that we still don't understand how breeding works in this game, and there must be hidden mechanics that allow move transfers

Any news on passing Egg Moves from parent to parent, like was possible in SwSh?

I have 2 Bisharp, one with Sucker Punch and a shiny with an Empty Move slot.

I picnic with them. I eat a sandwich. I breda Male Bisharp to see they need to be same gender. I tried doing Star Raid rematches with them. ..

All to no avail. Did they really remove this feature? Can Egg Moves only be received via Breeding or Tera Pokemon?

And where the FUCK are Ability Patches?

One thing that might need testing: is the downside of Glaive rush permenant until the Pokémon gets hit next, or does Baxcalibur using a different move negate the effect? For example, if it was to kill something with Glaive rush, and then outspeed the next thing and land an EQ, does the EQ cancel the effect of the Glaive Rush? I imagine not and it is a passive change, but we’d need to see.

I picnic with them. I eat a sandwich. I breda Male Bisharp to see they need to be same gender. I tried doing Star Raid rematches with them. ..

All to no avail. Did they really remove this feature? Can Egg Moves only be received via Breeding or Tera Pokemon?

It was mentioned a few pages back and no egg moves don't seem to pass on which means they removed it.

Gamefreak has been pretty good about QoL especially when it comes to generating competitive pokemon so I don't see any reason they took it out.

My guess is that we still don't understand how breeding works in this game, and there must be hidden mechanics that allow move transfers

If anyone is doing testing on this, I would suggest the following possibilities:
  • Transferring Egg Moves requires the use of a held item, in the same vein as the Everstone and Destiny Knot. Most likely, this is the most efficient way for the Egg system to determine which Pokemon needs to transfer moves to who.
    • Possible candidates could be Wise Glasses or Expert Belt, but without a full datamine we may not know for sure.
  • The Ability Patch could be available as a drop from high level raids, which seem like they are nearly impossible to complete alone. This would explain why nobody has found them yet.
    • Alternatively, there is some other requirement that needs to be met before they are unlocked in the Delibird Delivery shop. The Ability Patch was a normal item in BDSP's Battle Tower, so it seems strange that it isn't present when all other BP items are.
Until we get a full datamine, the only other suggestion I can think of to find out what these requirements might be is to attend the school classes. I have not seen much of this mechanic so far, but it seems like the teachers tell you secret things about the game like Shiny Rates, and give items like TMs if you do their quests. This seems like a mechanic not many people will be interested in exploring early on, so maybe that's the ticket to figuring things out until we get a text dump or more datamine info.

Oof. Caught Titans, and potentially transferred Alphas, shrink in size but gain a mark.
View attachment 464919
So Klawf is Lv. 16... good to know.

Has anyone confirmed if you can use PP Up on Revival Blessing? In theory, it might give you an extra PP.
We have Smeargle's sketch as a precedent for 1pp moves, so I'mma guess no.

Edit: Pawmo needs 1k steps in Let's Go mode to evolve, right?

I'm curious about Leppa Berries tho.

Are you surprised, after all Calyrex was in the DLC (and the 2nd one at it).

Ok sure Eternatus was a thing but honestly Eternatus didn't really have anything to do with Zacian and Zamazenta at all..
Eternatus is the third legendary in Pokémon Sword and Shield, easy and plain as that -it even has its own clone move of Behemoth Blade and Behemoth Bash in Dynamax Cannon-. Calyrex is another thing that they introduced later. So yes, I'm surprised that something that has been a staple in the franchise since 2002 with Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, and later in 2006 with Diamond and Pearl, and later in 2010 with Black and White, and later in 2013 with X and Y, and later in 2016 in Sun and Moon, and finally in 2019 in Sword and Shield, isn't present in 2022 in Scarlet and Violet. I think I should be.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
Btw for the joy of the OU players, I found them
View attachment 464813

Also had Toxic/Flame Orb, and Black Sludge as far as relevant stuff.
Havent found the choice items or AV yet though.
A lot of OU players in gen 8 have spoken about a potential ban of heavy-duty boots usually in combination with regenerator spams. I’m glad it’s in the game it makes Pokémon not named Ho-oh and have 4x weakness to rock really viable and not dependent on entry hazards being out.

A lot of OU players in gen 8 have spoken about a potential ban of heavy-duty boots usually in combination with regenerator spams. I’m glad it’s in the game it makes Pokémon not named Ho-oh and have 4x weakness to rock really viable and not dependent on entry hazards being out.
While I'm not a OU player myself, from what I can grasp from the OU discussion, the initial SV meta will very likely be full of entry hazards everywhere, I'm quite sure they won't be sad that boots are back :P

With the lack of a battle facility, I'm concerned about a lack of opportunity to use any mons that are locked to late-game (which by my current understanding would mostly be the four Ruinous legends and paradox mons). Anyone with access to the game want to weigh in on this?

With the lack of a battle facility, I'm concerned about a lack of opportunity to use any mons that are locked to late-game (which by my current understanding would mostly be the four Ruinous legends and paradox mons). Anyone with access to the game want to weigh in on this?
Unfortunately, as of now, the case seems to be that after you beat all the storys, the only real "postgame" are the gym rematches ministory (which is fun the first time, not exactly interesting afterwards other than to gain some money / exp), and uuuh finishing the pokedex I suppose.

If you're not a VGC player, you'll not really have any reason to launch the game after finishing the pokedex aside maybe shiny breeding .
Does the sandwich you make change the resulting egg you get?
Doesn't look like so, HOWEVER..

The "Egg power" boost apparently is the biggest afrodisiac in pokemon history cause my pokemon laid 3 eggs in 5 minutes i mean wtf stop fucking already O_O

Unfortunately, as of now, the case seems to be that after you beat all the storys, the only real "postgame" are the gym rematches ministory (which is fun the first time, not exactly interesting afterwards other than to gain some money / exp), and uuuh finishing the pokedex I suppose.

If you're not a VGC player, you'll not really have any reason to launch the game after finishing the pokedex aside maybe shiny breeding .

Doesn't look like so, HOWEVER..

The "Egg power" boost apparently is the biggest afrodisiac in pokemon history cause my pokemon laid 3 eggs in 5 minutes i mean wtf stop fucking already O_O
I would have more people look into the sandwiches. Design-wise, they’re forcing players to choose from many options before being eligible to receive an egg. There really might be a connection there. Why design so many forced options if they don’t do anything special?

I would have more people look into the sandwiches. Design-wise, they’re forcing players to choose from many options before being eligible to receive an egg. There really might be a connection there. Why design so many forced options if they don’t do anything special?
I think you misunderstood: you don't need to eat any sandwitch to get eggs.

The sandwitches are completely their own thing.
(Also, we actually got the egg power from a vendor, not from the camp)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)