Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

its not funny anymore
Synchrobell umbreon is pretty legit, especially with the pseduobuff of foul play hitting steels for neutral damage and the weather nerf making moonlight a viable recovery option. With just a little speed investment you can shut down other clerics and several popular hazard setters too. Its not god tier but umbreon is a decent cleric option.

I was facing a contrary shuckle who was shell smashing himself to immortality this morning. Luckily my slowbro still had a scarf to trick onto the bastard.

Synchrobell umbreon is pretty legit, especially with the pseduobuff of foul play hitting steels for neutral damage and the weather nerf making moonlight a viable recovery option. With just a little speed investment you can shut down other clerics and several popular hazard setters too. Its not god tier but umbreon is a decent cleric option.

I was facing a contrary shuckle who was shell smashing himself to immortality this morning. Luckily my slowbro still had a scarf to trick onto the bastard.
I believe you mean it's not good tier? Because Umbreon is pretty hard outclassed as a cleric by Sylveon iirc.
Not denying that he's better than he was last gen, just saying that he wasn't very good to start with.

EDIT: please don't be insulted by the joke, it was just too perfect to pass up.

Amusingly enough, Scarf Deoxys-S with Trick is actually decent. If it didn't have trick though, then yeah that's stupid.
The scarf set was only important last gen in ubers, when you could set up spikes, and use the impossibly good ubers spin blockers to prevent the spikes from ever being spun away. It has much less use in OU (no Giratina or Arceus-Ghost) and with defog running amuck. Anyways its a pretty bad set to be using now.

The scarf set was only important last gen in ubers, when you could set up spikes, and use the impossibly good ubers spin blockers to prevent the spikes from ever being spun away. It has much less use in OU (no Giratina or Arceus-Ghost) and with defog running amuck. Anyways its a pretty bad set to be using now.
Not necessarily very good, but decent enough to not be entirely silly (also, there are some pretty good spinblockers now, and defiant Bisharp is a thing). IDK, I don't even know that it was using trick so I guess it could have been exceedingly silly anyway.

some dude swapped in his amoonguss and m-mawile on my entei when i was trying to kill his mandibuzz. are people that paranoid of aegislash?
pretty ancient in doubles:
The opposing Zapdos used Discharge!
The opposing Heatran lost 22% of its health!
The opposing Heatran's Air Balloon popped!
Hitmontop lost 19.1% of its health!
Deoxys-Attack protected itself!

much synergy
very immunity

an attempt in inverse battles:
Deoxys used Knock Off!
It's super effective! The opposing Blaziken lost 99% of its health!
Deoxys knocked off the opposing Blaziken's Oran Berry!

oran berry best healing item2014

Oh yeah another one, this one isn't actually that bad and it was pretty creative so it's a lot harder to mock than the previously posted accelgor set, but it was:

Kingdra@what I guess would be scope lens
Ability: Sniper
Moves:
- Focus Energy
-
-
-

I don't have a replay, but I do remember someone running a physical Mega Lucario without Close Combat (or any Fighting STAB for that matter). The moveset they were running was Swords Dance/Crunch/Ice Punch/Bullet Punch. At the time I slated him/her for not running any Fighting STAB, and their argument was something along the lines of "it already has very high power, the extra coverage is better". Now I could understand if someone was to forego their priority move to have both Crunch + Ice Punch, as Mega Lucario is already faster than the majority of the metagame, but seriously, why sacrifice its most powerful attack? When Lucario gets walled by Heatran, you know something's not quite right.

I've also seen quite a few people run Kangaskhan in OU (post-Kangaskhanite ban) - since obviously it's still broken without Parental Bond...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)