Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
I just meant the Wifi Battle Finder that Smogon had set up was awesome for finding good battles in a timely fashion. it seemed like it was just a big chat room but it made things easier to get battles
Iirc it was lost in the switch to the new forum software, and the developers just didn't have the time to implement it again (I'm not sure, but there may also be some underlying issue/complexity as to why they couldn't implement it even if they wanted to). Couple that with the loss of Wifi services, and it fell by the wayside.

I'm pretty sure that the ability capsule changes the 80% the mother passes down as well, but I'd just suggest that if you're gonna use an Ability capsule, you use it on the flawless/shiny offspring.
Yes because the game doesn't care if the ability has been changed, it just sees what it is currently. It'd be a waste of an Ability Capsule to do this, however, as there's still the 20% chance of getting the unwanted ability on an otherwise flawless offspring.
Thank you and yes i would use the ability capsule on the offspring for myself but with my spitback thread there are a couple of poke that would make it easier if most offspring were of a certain nature ....giving people the nature they want reduces the amount of times i have to explain breeding mechanics to people (and ability capsules i give away!) :D

I'm at the point in Omega Ruby where I'm trying to soft reset for an Adamant Primal Groudon. I would like the following two Pokemon to aid me in doing so:

When aiming for Neutral Speed nature:
Staraptor:
Level: 49
Nature: -
IV: 31 Hp
EV: None
Stats at 49: 157 Hp
Moves: Final Gambit

Smeargle:
Level: 69
Nature: Sassy
IV: 31 | 31 | 31 | xx | 31 | 00
EV: 252 | xx | 252 | xx | xx | 4
Stats at 69: 219 | 53 | 118 | xx | 96 | 98
Moves: Spore | Rock Polish | Taunt | Recover

If you also happen to have an Adamant Natu, that would be great as well. If you can make the trade, PM me and we can arrange a time and send player info.
Bump. Groudon is pretty popular, so I assume there are some amount of people here that have reset for it and have clones of the above mons.
If I could get at least the first two, it would be greatly appreciated.

it's alright if i download an event, like this month's Hoopa event, then create a save file (with an AR) in order to get one more event pokemon? (restoring the game at the point i have just downloaded my Hoopa)

I'm resetting for an Adamant Groudon now I got a brave one with following IVs
31/31/31/31/31/12 (Speed is last)
Keep it or aim for a good adamant one?

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Does anybody have a female Unburden Swirlix for trade? I could really use one.
Welcome to Smogon! I'd be happy to catch you one for free. Just write on my profile or send me a private message (click my username > start a conversation) with which ball you'd like it in (if you have a preference) and we can trade :)

Welcome to Smogon! I'd be happy to catch you one for free. Just write on my profile or send me a private message (click my username > start a conversation) with which ball you'd like it in (if you have a preference) and we can trade :)
Would you mind catching me two(one in timer, one in Luxury Ball) as well. Sadly I dont have access to a swirlix friend safari myself. If you dont want to that is totally fine as well.

I'm resetting for an Adamant Groudon now I got a brave one with following IVs
31/31/31/31/31/12 (Speed is last)
Keep it or aim for a good adamant one?
People are gonna tell you no. That Spe really hurts since this isn't Brave. Even if you're not investing in Spe, you now lose Spe tying other uninvested 90s and such.

There are perfect Adamant Groudon for free on the site, so it makes more sense to get one of those than keep resetting. I kno some people are into having only their OTs, but that doesn't actually matter. You don't even see it in battle, and unless you're constantly looking at the summary page for it you'll prolly even forget it isn't yours. The only change is that you get more XP from battle with a different OT.

People are gonna tell you no. That Spe really hurts since this isn't Brave. Even if you're not investing in Spe, you now lose Spe tying other uninvested 90s and such.

There are perfect Adamant Groudon for free on the site, so it makes more sense to get one of those than keep resetting. I kno some people are into having only their OTs, but that doesn't actually matter. You don't even see it in battle, and unless you're constantly looking at the summary page for it you'll prolly even forget it isn't yours. The only change is that you get more XP from battle with a different OT.
He said it was brave but you are right taht he should toss as it gets outsped by TR groudons/kyogres while under TR and outsped by everything else out of TR

Hi! Yesterday I had a Dedenne egg hatched on Reddit. The user who hatched it had their language set to Japanese and the pokémon name stayed in japanese. Thing is, I just noticed it does not have a JPN tag. Is this possible?

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi! Yesterday I had a Dedenne egg hatched on Reddit. The user who hatched it had their language set to Japanese and the pokémon name stayed in japanese. Thing is, I just noticed it does not have a JPN tag. Is this possible?
Yes, that's completely possible.
I have a gorgeous shiny Bulbasaur/Venusaur that was bred by user Gabe and hatched by a Japanese person on Twitter, it also has a Japanese nickname but doesn't have the Japanese tag either.

Last edited:
does anyone have a member of the dusknoir-line with frisk for trade (prefered with adamant nature but it is not nessecary)?

I could offer battle items, a perfect iv adamant safari ball Bagon with Dragon Dance or anything else that can be breed which would take too much time to list.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
does anyone have a member of the dusknoir-line with frisk for trade (prefered with adamant nature but it is not nessecary)?

I could offer battle items, a perfect iv adamant safari ball Bagon with Dragon Dance or anything else that can be breed which would take too much time to list.
I'm going to have lunch now.
But afterwards I can go and catch you a Duskull with an Adamant Synchronizer if you like, with Frisk of course.
I'd be genuinely interested in that Bagon of yours.

Last edited:
Yes, that's completely possible.
I have a gorgeous shiny Bulbasaur/Venusaur that was bred by user Gabe and hatched by a Japanese person on Twitter, it also has a Japanese nickname but doesn't have the Japanese tag either.

Best greetings.
The game where the egg was created / bred, decides the language tag the Pokémon get. Which means both of these shiny where originally bred on an game set to English, but hatched on a game set to Japanese.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

VM me is you still need this :)

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
Alright, I just caught one. I'll be able to trade in a couple of minutes, I still got you added.

VM me is you still need this :)
Hey there Mr.Legofigure, I just wanted to let you that I managed to catch a Duskull that fits Mertyville's description just now.
I agreed to helping him earlier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)