Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Coould someone give me premission to post about looking for a teambuilder?
At one time we had a thread like this, but with Gen 8 around the corner we're afraid we won't be re-opening this for the rest of the generation.

I would check out the RMT forums and Bazaars for teams. Maybe Sample Teams / Snake Replays / a few other resources lie around to at least help give some ideas.

i just wanted to know if it was alright if i posted about it in the "Other" section. yesssssss? noooooo?

and i don't like building @ all lol

What are some good checks to Chansey? I need to fit one on a bulky offence team entered on Mega Dancie/Volcarona
The possible ways of removing/checking Chansey are varied and diverse, since you're going for a BO I'd suggest a breaker. There are numerous good Z-Move breakers, such as Garchomp, Landorus-T, and Kyurem-B, all of which could be considered on such a build. There are also slower and more passive options, but I think those might hurt the team then.

1. When running rain team: shouldnt pelipper opt for 0 speed to pivot after taking a hit and send aomeone out fresh? (Also same question on the tornadus - tho i use a rotom wash instead of tornadus)

2. When tunning z - belly drum azumarill, shouldnt i also opt for 0 speed?

A. I outspeed, use belly drum (now at 50%hp), i take a hit (now probably close to death) and i could die to most priority move users / anything that hangs on after a hit cuz im low.

B. I go 2nd, i take a hit but am invested in defensive stats instead of speed. I z belly drum and now 50%hp. At this point i would already be lower if i outsped. From here on out i use aqua jet so i outspeed. If anything again uses priority or tanks aqua jet, i have more hp and defences to tank its hit back at me and might be able to keep sweeping?

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
1. When running rain team: shouldnt pelipper opt for 0 speed to pivot after taking a hit and send aomeone out fresh? (Also same question on the tornadus - tho i use a rotom wash instead of tornadus)

2. When tunning z - belly drum azumarill, shouldnt i also opt for 0 speed?

A. I outspeed, use belly drum (now at 50%hp), i take a hit (now probably close to death) and i could die to most priority move users / anything that hangs on after a hit cuz im low.

B. I go 2nd, i take a hit but am invested in defensive stats instead of speed. I z belly drum and now 50%hp. At this point i would already be lower if i outsped. From here on out i use aqua jet so i outspeed. If anything again uses priority or tanks aqua jet, i have more hp and defences to tank its hit back at me and might be able to keep sweeping?
1). This is definitely an option. The lowest I would go though is 22 Speed IVs with 0 Speed EVs.

2). Option A is far more preferable because it lets Azu get the jump on most walls, as well as Speed tying with MMaw, which at +6 (Azu) can force mindgames. In addition, the best item on BD Azu is Normalium Z which restores it’s health probably on something it forces out (Tran, Gren) letting you BD up.

Edit: Actually when looking at the Speed tiers, it may be better to hit a Speed benchmark (I’d say uninvested base 75s such as MZor and Bulu) and put the rest in HP. Not much else in that range matters.

Here’s the set

Azumarill @ Normalium Z
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Last edited:

Solaros & Lunaris

is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
What will be the process with Generation 8 with the whole non-National Dex fiasco?

I've heard rumors that the National dex may be allowed on Showdown? Will there be two different ladders for National and non-National dex Pokemon?
Unfortunately this isn’t the place to discuss things relating to Gen 8 competitive. The Orange Islands forum is for that, so in the future post there. To answer your question, though, I think the standard OU meta will be the Dex cut one, with another metagame containing all obtainable Pokemon.

Unfortunately this isn’t the place to discuss things relating to Gen 8 competitive. The Orange Islands forum is for that, so in the future post there. To answer your question, though, I think the standard OU meta will be the Dex cut one, with another metagame containing all obtainable Pokemon.
Is there a thread or link that exist where I can know exactly where to post?

Thank you both

Edit: I should have been more clear, I meant on where to post on threads period. I don't want to be posting where I'm not supposed to be.

trubbish

Banned deucer.
Apologies if this has been discussed before somewhere else but I am wondering about skarmory. It seems to have pretty good usage even being in the top 10 in the 1825 and higher than stuff like mawile-mega. But, its only ranked C+ on the viability rankings. Why the discrepancy?

Solaros & Lunaris

Apologies if this has been discussed before somewhere else but I am wondering about skarmory. It seems to have pretty good usage even being in the top 10 in the 1825 and higher than stuff like mawile-mega. But, its only ranked C+ on the viability rankings. Why the discrepancy?
At the most basic level, usage =/= viability. Just because a Pokemon is used at all doesn’t mean that it’s viable—or in the case of Skarmory, it doesn’t mean its as viable as other Pokemon. However, Skarmory has been nominated to move up the VR, so ir is getting some recognition.

It seems to have pretty good usage even being in the top 10 in the 1825 and higher than stuff like mawile-mega. But, its only ranked C+ on the viability rankings. Why the discrepancy?
Skarmory is used on very specific team archetypes but said archetypes are prominent enough at the highest rungs of the Showdown ladder that Skarmory therefore gets a pretty large amount of usage. It's been nominated to move up, but a lot of the reason why it's so low on the VR is because it only works on specific playstyles.

Question: Is there a lot of stall teams in this tier? If so, what are the best options to deal with that while still maintaining a team that's still functional when playing against other playstyles?

At this point in time, stall teams are just seen as a way to fish for a good matchup, as it's generally inconsistent. However, you should still prepare for stall adequately. Some good stallbreakers right now are Calm Mind + Pain Split Magearna, Mega Mawile, and Tapu Lele, which aren't particularly hard to fit onto teams.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
One thing to note that the above post doesn't really cover is that semi-stall teams featuring ditto to blanket cover a lot of threats are actually quite good right now and you definitely need to prep for those if you want to do well, with Charmflash's RMT providing a bit more insight into the style.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)