Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
pastel: I think you should connect the one town with the forest (the one at the bottom) and connect the two entrances to the one cave that connects the the two areas (I assume that's how it connects). Usually, the entrance and exit to a cave are connected by a route if the cave's the only way to get from one place to another. Also, that water route at the top looks really long so maybe you should add another island in the middle? I guess you could make parts of the islands brighter but it looks fine to me.

Doran Dragon: I can't see anything wrong with yours.

They are like rocky places. Also, it's the same shading as HGSS map.
Do you think I should make it brighter?
Ah, I see. If you intend them to be rocky islands, the colour is fine.
The 'kinks' in a couple of the routes look a bit odd.

Also, yourself and Doran Dragon: care to share how you make the maps? I may try one myself.

Hey all, I'm gonna post a bunch of my old sprites here, most of it old stuff, though pretty soon I will be making new ones.

I'm what you might call a "role player", so I made a trainer sprite of my "character" in Pokemon. This one is also seen in my avatar (duh).

A blank trainer card that I made, which I used in a few trainer cards of my own, which I won't post because I am embarrased by the crappy teams in them.

An overworld house that I made.

A map of a custom region I made, the Mastery Islands.

A sprite sheet of another one of my custom sprites, based on the look of the Colosseum Main Character. I didn't scratch build this though, I actually used a custom sprite sheet from spriter's resource of Wes as a base.

An animation I made of a shiny rayquaza doing some attack.

Another blank trainer card, this one has slots for badges.

An animation (only animates once though) of one of my older personal trainers throwing a pokeball.

Another one time animation of a pokeball opening.

I actually fooled someone into thinking this was real back in the day. Its a fake image of an encounter with my personal character (at the time) in emerald.

I did this for a contest on serebii a while back, its Seto Kaiba, from the Battle City arc on Yu-Gi-Oh!.

And that's pretty much it! Expect more to come soon as I make it.

Here's a couple of things I found in my photobucket.

A signature I made upon the release of Diamond and Pearl, for another forum that allowed image signatures. Its of Giratina, who is my favorite Pokemon.

lol, this may bring back some memories/nostalgia. A netbattle userbar.

Hey could somebody please make me a animated avatar of simply a Magneton releasing a big bolt of lighting. As if it was using thunder. Not many specifications.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Time for an update on what I've been doing ^__^
Just for alchemator, and anyone else who wants some comedy.

Watch out , May not be entirely suitable for young children and/or wusses!

>_> Put it in the wrong thread before
Could somebody get rid of the white background on this for me? And possibly touch it up and make it less pixel-y (I did my best drawing on paint :P)

A new personal trainer sprite, fits in with my favorite playstyle, Sandstorm Teams.

Its a mix of three DPP trainer sprites, one of which is obvious, one which is slightly obvious, and one that isn't at all.

I redesigned my trainer card a bit yesterday. Here is the blank:

Here is an example:

Also, for the text, I used this font in 10px with hinting, no auto-hinting, and no antialiasing in the GIMP. For the outline, I right clicked the layer in the layers window, added the alpha channel to the selection, made a new layer that I put behind the text, and did a stroke selection with no antialiasing (you can also do a fill too).

If you aren't lazy like me, you can also use text from a sprite sheet of the game. Anything from Advance Era on up will do (as far as I can tell, they are all the same font).

I'm also working on a map currently. Here is a WIP pic:

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
can i get a trainercard. i want it to be better than the one i have now. same badges, same pokes. also make the trainer look like me. i am in my avatar and also in this thread. i'd also like multiple people to make them so i can cycle between them. if you guys don't feel like it it's fine i just like having lots of options...

thanks in advance bros

can i get a trainercard. i want it to be better than the one i have now. same badges, same pokes. also make the trainer look like me. i am in my avatar and also in this thread. i'd also like multiple people to make them so i can cycle between them. if you guys don't feel like it it's fine i just like having lots of options...

thanks in advance bros

Here you go, done with a custom template. ;)

Hoping this isn't too dumb a question - where does the whole Trainer Card idea come from? In particular, showing the party Pokemon on it - I'm pretty sure no game does that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)