Finals Smogon Premier League XI - Finals [Won by the Alpha Ruiners]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Congregation of the Classiest (6) vs (6) Alpha Ruiners

SS OU: Insult vs mncmt - Fake jamvad would've gotten washed last week if CTC didn't miraculously forget about the switch button at the end of the game, whereas Insult's 6-3 and has looked incredibly solid this tour, not much thinking needed here.

SS OU: suapah vs FLCL - Razor thin margins on this one, suapah and FLCL have both looked dominant at different points this season and while FLCL has more momentum right now, I also don't think suapah is dropping 2 in a row in playoffs. FLCL has been using pretty standard midrange teams with some unique sets like SubDD Kyurem, and riding out games with his playing ability, but I think that gravitation towards comfort teams is going to be taken advantage

SS OU: blarghlfarghl vs Empo - I am well aware that this matchup went the other way during the regular season, but as the unbiased predictor himself has said, "even a blind squirrel finds an acorn occasionally". On a more serious note, I do respect blargh a lot as a player, and bolding obii against him last week was a foolish decision in retrospect, I just think Empo is red hot right now and would bold him against most everyone in the tour. These guys are both pretty similar players, not afraid to go outside the box a bit, I just think Empo's timely aggression is going to come around and be able to beat blargh when he's been unable to the last couple times they've played.

SS DOU: stax vs qsns - Can't speak much on doubles, but stax had an incredible regular season and qsns could very well be on tilt after getting mugged in a dark alley by Ice-type attacks last week, so I'm gonna have to favor stax.

SS LC: Serene Grace vs jake - Another really tight game, I favor jake by a hair mostly by virtue of his experience in impactful games in the past. Both of these guys are unafraid to use teams that could be labeled as "cheese", so I can't really get a read on this prep-wise. That aside, I'm a bit more inclined to favor jake from a pure playing perspective because I think he's more likely to take the timely risks at unexpected moments after playing a fairly safe game up to that point that it takes to win a playoff game, and Serene may not necessarily be able to punish those in the same way that Luthier was able to in snake finals.

SM OU: Relous vs Gondra - Relous is coming off of a nice victory against Eo but Gondra has been a flaming ball of something this tour and I'm still not convinced Relous is all the way back after his disastrous start to the tour, so I'm gonna have to favor Gondra here.

ORAS OU: Persephone vs xImRaptor - I've been burned bolding Pers nearly every time I post these and Raptor seemingly wins every single game, so I guess I'll have to take him here. I still think Pers has a very high ceiling and creativity that can potentially win here, but Raptor has used a diversified selection of solid, proven teams, which makes him hard to pin down. I think Raptor's got a pretty massive edge on Pers in the gameplanning and execution departments.

BW OU: Raiza vs Caetano93 - Raiza has finally found some momentum after his horrendously unlucky start, but I've gotta stick the doctor here. I think that Caetano has a higher ceiling as a player due to his aggressive gameplay and is significantly more willing to take risks in the teambuilder. Everyone and their mom has harped on Raiza's predictability, and I'd be irritated if I was in his position, but regardless I doubt we'll see some ridiculous metagame shifting ingenuity from him in the finals and that gives Caetano a definite edge here.

DPP OU: Excal vs Emeral - Both players seem kinda similar to me, but Excal's metagame knowledge is up there with the top dogs and his incredible teambuilding coupled with support from Tamahome combined with his solid performance thus far is too much for me to favor Emeral over him given each player's body of work.

ADV OU: Tamahome vs Alexander. - Bolding against Tama is definitely a sin, but I've got a feeling Prinz is gonna deliver in a big way here. He came up big in the semis against marcop, playing well and coming up w a clutch victory to push the Tyrants to the brink of elimination. Really hype game that could go either way, looking forward to it.

GSC OU: KratosMana vs FriendOfMrGolem120 - Anti's god, FOMG's good, but I'm probably only bolding Fear against Anti in GSC at this point with how insanely consistent he's been. Enough said

RBY OU: Amaranth vs Hyogafodex - Was tempted to bold hyoga here due to the truckload of karma that TIN is due to get hit in the dome with sometime soon, but it would be absolute nonsense to regardless LOL.

Tiebreak:
What I'm thinking here is that the Ruiners have no super high edge tiers in oldgens because of the Anti+Tama combo, so they'll go with Gondra in SM after the absolute rampage he's been on, and the Classiest are going to go with DPP and pick Tama, seeing as there's not really anyone on the Ruiners on his level in DPP. Seems fairly straightforward to me in general.

Congregation of the Classiest (2) vs (1) Alpha Ruiners
SS OU: KratosMana vs FLCL - As much as I want to bold anti here, he hasn't played a single game of SS this SPL and got knocked out of the invitational fairly early on, so in spite of the killstreak he's on in GSC and my high personal opinion of him as a player, it's just impossible to favor him against someone that's scorching hot right now.

SM OU: suapah vs Gondra - Picking against the guy that's 9-1 is stupid on paper, but I'm insanely high on suapah and think he can beat anyone at any given time. I think that his abilities as a team builder and player are really activated by the additional options available in SM, even moreso than SS and given his incredible performance so far, even if he's coming off of a loss, I think he's in a prime position to pull a tiebreak turning upset against Gondra.

DPP OU: Tamahome vs Alexander. - Tamahome is arguably the best modern DPP player and is almost always the consensus best when he chooses to play it, having played it numerous times and churning out great records in spite of it being called the "variance madhouse", showing just how high level he is as a player here. Even though I've got a gut feeling Alex can take down Tama in a more even playing field in ADV, favoring him here would be an absurd upset.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Congregation of the Classiest (7) vs (5) Alpha Ruiners

SS OU: Insult (70) vs (30) mncmt - Insult has been quietly putting up an impressive season. He has worked his way from being a fringe pick a bit over a year ago to being in the discussion as one of the most consistent OU players out there. Insult's retain clearly was a good decision for the Classiest, but this is uncharted territory for him and this is where only having a year of experience will be tested: will he handle the pressure well? My answer to this is yes, especially relative to mncmt, who only won last week because CTC forgot how to play Pokemon and has never been a particularly inspiring player. Insult won in the final, do-or-die week of the season despite unfortunate circumstances popping up, so despite a dead-game last week and a playoff loss during WCOP (which was largely a product of bad MU), I think that he is the clear-cut favorite here. I expect another balance that makes use of at least a standardized backbone from Insult's side and a more flashy approach from mncmt, who will be strapped to find openings and pick apart Insult's team before mncmt either makes a costly mistake, which inevitably will happen in a drawn out game, or finds himself just another subject of Insult's crafty outplaying this season.

SS OU: suapah (45) vs (55) FLCL - This may be the highlight of the series, especially for Canadian spectators. FLCL tends to thrive in new metagames unironically (memes aside); early during generation 6 he was regarded as a top XY threat and his SM was never too shabby either. Generation 8 has treated everyone's favorite weeb similarly. Last week, FLCL had a victory over TDK that helped seal the fate of a fleeting Tyrants team. TDK is a strong opponent, but FLCL seemed like he had all the necessary answers to TDK's gameplan in the palm of his hand, using them in a fashion that was mostly timely en route to a clean victory. suapah is no slack either, however. Coming into this season, he never stood out too much to me personally, but there were still some respectable results in the mix. This SPL, however, suapah showed that he was determined to finally have his breakthrough tournament. Despite facing a pretty tough group of opponents, suapah was able to have a superb regular season and led a very strong OU core for the Classiest despite many people predicting middling results from this slot coming into the tournament. While he was outmaneuvered by Sacri' in the semifinals, this was not a loss that showed many red flags or causes for concern in my eyes. I do think that FLCL has him beat here because I view FLCL as the superior player over a longer stretch of time, but this game is quite close and I think a lot will boil down to what FLCL elects to use and what the Ruiners allow. They have a bit less reliable of an OU foundation than the Classiest, who seem to have plenty off support and this has shown through their solid teams thus far. I think that if FLCL brings a solid and comfortable team, he will have the edge though.

SS OU: blarghlfarghl (40) vs (60) Empo - blarghlfarghl continues to show that despite his nonchalant demeanor in every public setting imaginable, he is a serious player who is capable of putting up strong showings in official tournaments. Unfortunately, he is up against Empo, who is probably the best SS OU player at this exact moment in time as far as I see it. Empo not only won a SmogonTour during the first SS OU weekend, but he also defeated a tough opponent in the semifinals last week in Christo. His win was not just an ordinary win in my eyes either. Empo turned it on to some gear that a lot of us are not even able to dream about during the midgame, getting a series of tough turns right and never forfeiting any momentum en route to a dominant victory. This game was probably one of my favorite displays of timely aggression in SS OU thus far and I am eager to see more of this from Empo. I think that if his team choices matches this playstyle that he has been employing recently, then he will ultimately succeed. I think blarghlfarghl has an outside chance to win simply because he is a strong player himself and does not seem too likely to make a big misplay, but I would not expect him to take it with a neutral match-up. Perhaps with some team support he can flip the script and steal this one from the surging Ruiner, but I predict Empo to take it in a close one given what I have seen.

SS DOU: stax (55) vs (45) qsns - stax has been a consistent achiever of impressive records. qsns has shown some flashes of a similar trajectory, but the full picture has been clouded by stints as a substitute, inactivity during Snake, and a frosty debacle of a semifinal game, which was of course not his fault whatsoever. I think this is a close game, but so are most games in DOU considering how talented and deep the playerbase is. I favor stax despite his teambuilding conventions perhaps being the more limited of the two. He is more likely to rise to the occasion given what I have seen results wise, but I am also a singles player who has had his predictions mocked at a historically alarming rate relative to the norm commenting on a DOU game, so maybe I will be very wrong and this prediction is actually cursing stax.

SS LC: Serene Grace (45) vs (55) jake - Do you guys miss Mienfoo? I do. Anyway, I think this game would be a toss-up if Serene Grace had the same level of experience that jake did. Both are very well versed in the metagame and capable of preparing at a high level. I expect teams that are not only solid, but also teams that integrate specific strategy that is intended to do well against the norms of the opponent. This game is unlikely to be a particularly lopsided affair and I think that flashiness may take a backseat to convention. It really can go either way because of this, but jake has been around Smogon for even longer than I have and he never has been afraid of the moment. Serene Grace is a far lesser known quantity in this regard. He did not even get to play against Pablo last week and who knows what other truly high-pressure situations he has encountered over the years. I think jake has the narrow edge on this pretty much alone. Both are solid and neither is likely to have an outlier performance on either side of the spectrum due to how solid they both are.

SM OU: Relous (45) vs (55) Gondra - Gondra's SPL run is one of the most inexplicable things to me, but I am also someone who goes out of his way to try and rationalize each and every piece of information I receive. The fact of the matter is that Gondra is an inherently streaky player due to his reliance on instincts in the midgame/when trying to execute his gameplan. His approach grows more calculated down the stretch of games to the point where he is less likely to choke than your average button masher, which does admittedly go a long way, but I cannot help but question the true strength of his record given the sloppiness surrounding some of his games both on his side and his opponent's side. With this said, you still have to favor him here against someone who has only won once all tournament. I just have the margin of favorability slimmer than most. Relous is not a slouch by any stretch of the imagination, but it has not been his tournament thus far and a single strong showing, which honestly did not even inspire the most confidence in me itself, is not going to completely flip the narrative of an otherwise pitiful campaign thus far. I think Relous will have strong showings in the future and I think he is capable of defeating Gondra, but you have to favor the person who has managed to get drastically better results up to this point when it is this large a discrepancy between the two I feel.

ORAS OU: Persephone (35) vs (65) xImRaptor - I hate to be rude, but Persephone's ability to play through games that involve any sort of long-term planning strikes me as less than what it needs to be to win in this field. Some of his losses have been riddled with errors that reek of inexperience; his win against Garay last week was aided by luck and should have been far more decisive in nature had he not blundered at a couple crucial points. I think that the fundamentals are there in terms of teambuilding and understanding of what to expect or how to analyze opponent's teams in this metagame. Persephone understands ORAS OU at a level that is easily high enough to be in this SPL field, but the execution needs work. xImRaptor is the polar opposite, in my eyes. I do not know how well he builds in ORAS OU. Quite frankly, I think it is ok, but nothing inspiring and I do not think he will be winning this game on match-up unless he goes out of his way to fish, which seems unwise. His execution, however, is superior and this has been reflected in his now consecutive superb showings in official tournaments. I think he is also one that will undoubtedly rise to the occasion due to his fearless approach that honestly inspires me to play a bit looser. I love watching this guy play and I am excited to see what he does with such a big opportunity here.

BW OU: Raiza (55) vs (45) Caetano93 - Ah yes, Finch bolding Raiza for the seventh? time this season despite the only seven in the equation being in his loss column. Go figure. Jokes and personal favoritism aside, I think this is going to be a match with similar intensity to that of my game against Raiza. I think that he will emerge victorious here as well. Raiza's team choices are a little better than Caetano's. Both are able to think outside of the box, with Caetano being a bit more adventurous in his own way. However, Raiza's doing so seems to be more calculated and justified to the point where he is far less likely to run into an undesirable match-up. Caetano cuts some corners when trying to provide a specific emphasis within his team or trying to integrate a specific tech, which I personally am not a big proponent of unless the corner being cut is one that is very unlikely to be encountered. Because of this, I give Raiza the edge in the builder. In the battle, it is far closer to even, but I actually give Caetano a slight edge because he is more likely to take complete control and outright dominate a game regardless of how fundamentally sound the opponent is. Cartano's ceiling is the higher of the two is what I am trying to get at here. I just do not know if that is enough alone to bold him when Raiza has won the last couple of weeks, I have been high on him all season long, he does not seem to mind the pressure, and Caetano's initial string of success has been slowed over the second half of the season. This game can go either way in all honesty, but I am giving the slight edge to Raiza. I think that someone with less personal experience with him or someone with less "in" info on BW could easily predict Caetano to win and be 100% valid in their reasoning in doing so. This one is a tricky one and that will make it very exciting for me personally.

DPP OU: Excal (55) vs (45) Emeral - Excal did not have his absolute best showing yet, but I still rate him as a clearly viable option and someone who is determined to solidify their position in the DPP playerbase. With the backing of a surprisingly verbal d0nut, DPP legend Tamahome, and probably a slough of others who are invested in his success here, I expect a solid team and sufficient execution here. Emeral is a less known player to me, but he seems to be ok. I do not know yet if he is able to go above and beyond in his building or gameplay, but given what I have seen he is not someone who should be scoffed at in this field. He just also is not someone who is particularly likely to defeat a player who is positive thus far against a pretty competent group of opponents for 2020 DPP standards. I favor Excal because of this, but my lack of Emeral knowledge coupled with the nature of DPP makes me hesitant to make it anything beyond 55-45.

ADV OU: Tamahome (51) vs (49) Alexander. - I think Tamahome is a step behind his normal, dominant standards in ADV OU this SPL. I feel like he did not handle that entire situation against z0mOG or a few others as optimally as he normally would have. I think that he may be past his prime in ADV OU, but then you realize how historically good Tamahome was in a few generations (including ADV) during his prime and you realize that this may very well still be enough to emerge victorious against Alexander. Alex is no slouch, of course. He won against Marcop last week although I still cannot wrap my head around keeping Suicune in on Zapdos so early on entirely. He also has some other strong wins this tournament, which leads me to believe that his level of competency in ADV is where it needs to be to compete here. My gut actually says Alex will win this one, too. But the more I think about it, the more I think that Tama will take it due to how much better we perceive he is at ADV than anyone who really has never dedicated themselves to the tier until the last year or two. I guess I have a bit of an anti-recency bias when it comes to old generation predictions, which has bit me in the ass over the last year or two with newer players surging in these formats. Truth be told, I do not know what will happen here and as I write this I have Tama bolded with a 51/49, but it is a virtual coinflip in my eyes with my favoritism towards either side being canceled out by doubts/pros of the alternative each time I debate internally. I guess I will stick with the anti-recency bias in the old man tiers, hopefully to not be proven wrong this time around.

GSC OU: KratosMana (55) vs (45) FriendOfMrGolem120 - Not going to say much on GSC itself, but KratosMana is a phenomenal player and it is clear that he has been determined to break into a new setting this SPL. When he sets his eyes on a goal in this game, he finds a way to achieve it. FOMG is a great player and he definitely understands GSC at a high level and has been able to say this for a longer time than KratosMana. I just think that KratosMana is a bit better and will continue his dominant campaign with a final victory here.

RBY OU: Amaranth (55) vs (45) Hyogafodex - Amaranth managed to curse himself and still win last week. I will never give anyone a decisive edge in RBY, but if he can overcome karma then he sure as hell is favored against Hyogafodex in RBY. I actually feel a bit for Hyogafodex as his versatility has probably led to him performing worse than he would have if given a stable shot in one of his better metagames this SPL. With that said, this game is happening regardless of those circumstances and Amaranth is a tried-and-true RBY main here, so we will be giving him the edge.

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender

SS OU: Insult vs mncmt
SS OU: suapah vs FLCL
SS OU: blarghlfarghl vs Empo
SS DOU: stax vs qsns
SS LC: Serene Grace vs jake
SM OU: Relous vs Gondra
ORAS OU: Persephone vs xImRaptor
BW OU: Raiza vs Caetano93
DPP OU: Excal vs Emeral
ADV OU: Tamahome vs Alexander.
GSC OU: KratosMana vs FriendOfMrGolem120
RBY OU: Amaranth vs Hyogafodex

Triangles

Big Stew
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender

Tiebreak - gonna have some fun speculating possible tiebreak scenarios. There's a lot of different ways the tiebreak could look but here's a couple. I think this is the main line.
SS OU: Insult vs Empo
SM OU (ruiners pick): suapah vs Gondra
DPP OU (classiest pick): Tamahome vs Alexander/Hyogafodex/Emeral

If Classiest pick a non DP tier - I don't think they can do this though because it might mean not having Tama in tiebreaks if Ruiners potentially pick LC)
SS OU: Insult vs Empo
SM OU (ruiners pick): Tamahome vs Gondra or SS LC: Serene Grace vs jake
GSC OU (classiest pick): KratosMana vs FriendOfMrGolem120 or SS DOU: stax vs qsns

It depends what Classiest take. I think it makes sense for them to take DP because Tama is so good and it's criminal not to have him in tiebreaks. DP also isolates a weak spot in the Ruiners setup. However, they could opt for GSC or Doubles so they can have Tama in the last slot assuming Ruiners take SM with Gondra but I don't think that's a risk you can take with the possibility of Ruiners picking LC, especially if Jake beats Serene Grace in the regular matchups. It's a really hard choice when you have a couple of good favourable matchups but you also have someone you sort of have to put into tiebreaks. I think the SS game decides the tiebreak at the end of the day, should there be one. It will be incredibly close

Overall, looking forward to this redux of SPL VI finals. These teams are both very well rounded and close to 'complete' outfits, and they both dominated their respective semis.

Last edited:
RBY OU: Amaranth vs Hyogafodex - THIS is the last RBY game ever in SPL? LOL the haters truly getting what they want here.. a non-mainer vs the guy who got smashed so bad last SPL playoffs he tried to change the entire tier LMAO.

Let's get a little more in depth how truly sad this matchup is:
Last SPL, hyoga was a bench player who filled in 2 weeks in ADV while going a respectable 1-1, so when eden's embrace had important exams during playoffs, Hyogafodex was there once again to answer to the call. In semis, he faced 2-5 dekzeh who was having a rough season and lost in a pretty close game. But it's the finals game everyone remembers: poor hyoga faced off vs 7-3 red hot marcop and got completely murked thanks to the most obvious Baton Pass bring of all time. After all, what options did he have but to cheese being so outclassed?
This SPL, hyoga was drafted as the DPP starter for the Ruiners (his 3rd tier in 2 SPLs), but after the 10-2 destruction by the Cryos the Ruiners had to start juggling. Emeral got put into DPP and after some juggling in BW and RBY, the Ruiners have decided that keeping the doctor in BW and subbing out ErPeris (who's lost all confidence at 0-5) for Hyoga is optimal. So here is the emergency sub once again in playoffs in a tier he's unfamiliar with and in semis he gets to face off vs the consensus #1 Power Rankings player. So what does he do? LOL OF COURSE HE DECIDES TO CHEESE AND BRING WRAP G2 AND OF COURSE TROLLER IS READY HAHAHA CMON MAN.

On the other side we have Amaranth/The Idiot Ninja, or "The Inventor" as he likes to call himself, who finds himself in the SPL playoffs for the 3rd straight year in his 3rd SPL, which is quite an impressive feat. What is definitely not impressive is his record in clutch moments! Last week, when things looked almost impossible to salvage at 0-1 in the series, his Tauros crit its Body Slam while getting the 1/256 dodge and winning tie and connecting with Hyper Beam afterwards to win a Tauros war while taking 0% damage, which has a roughly 0.04% chance of happening. This divine intervention leaves our hero at a ... 1-5 record in SPL Week 9 + Playoffs! To be this unclutch.. that's gotta be some kind of record. Then again, the tier's just uncompetitive... we only need 10 bans to make it good! Thank god this guy has such a lovely attitude to make up for all that.

Sure we can't get HML am vs Troller for some 3rd place ribbon or something?

Updated Kanto

Banned deucer.
SS OU: Insult vs mncmt - Insult is more proven and always has interesting teams, while mncmt uses cool teams too I haven't watched him play too much to bold him against the most proven SS OU player right now.
SS OU: suapah vs FLCL - tough call I think both are equally good but I've been more of a fan of FLCLs team choice and creative thinking like FoolyKyurem.
SS OU: blarghlfarghl vs Empo - fatty got lucky last time these matched and its gonna take more than an auto win with the matchup vagina for me to bold his name.
SS DOU: stax vs qsns - in my opinion (haven't looked at records) qsns has been the 2nd best doubles player this tournament behind jon.
SS LC: Serene Grace vs jake - I've joined the bandwagon after his impressive LC victory over ZoroDark in week 9 and he's probably top 5 LC
SM OU: Relous vs Gondra - more impressive victories + didn't fall off one bit after the 1st loss and he's been using solid teams, I don't think Gondra will be able to get outplayed this game, maybe match upd.
ORAS OU: Persephone vs xImRaptor - been a fan of raptor since snake and had him in my top 3 for this ORAS pool and he's been doing great with a ton of diversity in his teams and I feel like persephone has been getting blessed by great match ups yet has still had many games where he needed to get bailed after making wack plays.
BW OU: Raiza vs Caetano93 - The doctor continues to win using prinz sets, there's no doubt in my mind hes gonna use something wack but make it work. Raiza is good and is like finch in using reliable stuff so it'll be a close one for sure.
DPP OU: Excal vs Emeral - Going into this SPL i heard excal was the dpp builder ? On top of that he has a fantastic testing partner in probably the greatest dpp player tamahome so I expect a victory from him here.
ADV OU: Tamahome vs Alexander. - this is tough, both these guys are fantastic and might be slight bias but im going Tamahome here and I don't have anything else to say because this is really close probably the closest to 50/50 in this series.
GSC OU: KratosMana vs FriendOfMrGolem120 - Recency bias maybe anti has played great taking down dice and mr e but FoMG took down fear AND godgie surely that has to account for more.
RBY OU: Amaranth vs Hyogafodex - idk it looked like hyoga was gonna beat troller at least in game1 but it didn't happen (or maybe g2 i dont remember which game it was) and tin got outplayed by hml but hml played fantastic so it wasn't his fault, so I'll just go more experience rbyer here.

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Predicted the "upset" last week with the classiest winning but i did not expect the tyrants to get curb stomped so hard. I think we deem the tyrants cursed at this point.

SS DOU: stax vs qsns - Jon says this guy is his kryptonite so gonna go with that.
BW OU: Raiza vs Caetano93 - luck swinging back his way so i see him getting a win one way or another this week
DPP OU: Excal vs Emeral - like what ive watched from excal so far so leaning with him but i dont know the other guy at all so gonna just split it.
ADV OU: Tamahome vs Alexander. - Both are great but heard multiple people say alex played like ass and lucked last week gonna go with the adv goat.
GSC OU: KratosMana vs FriendOfMrGolem120 - Honestly i think this game can go either way but favoring anti in this one

I think this series will be extremely close and can flop either way but I predict classy to win in the end. Good luck to both.

Loki

like seashells
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Championwon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournament
Rooting for the ruiners as an alum as they were my first (and only) SPL team.

Fun fact: Rewer was also on the original SPL1 ruiners, although the main reason we got him was we needed a translator for my man kael lol

Rubyblood

Tyrants GSC Legend
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
World Defender

Tiebreak
SS OU: Insult vs FLCL
SM OU : Tamahome vs Gondra
GSC OU : KratosMana vs FriendOfMrGolem120

Tamahome + Kratosmana give the trophy at Classiest after close games in tiebreak,glhf.

well, so i predicted everything correctly in semifinals lets try on finals too

Congregation of the Classiest (4) vs (6) Alpha Ruiners

SS OU: Insult vs mncmt I just think hes more proven, fake jamvad is actually a good player capable to win this matchup, giving small edge to Insult on this one cuz i've seen more games from him
SS OU: suapah vs FLCL huh, this is a hot one, fooly has always been a fantastic player flexing on every ou gen and getting good results without problem, on the other hand suapah just exploded this spl having a lot of fashion perfomances 49/51 matchup
SS OU: blarghlfarghl vs Empo this is a good one as well, both are really good but i think empo care less about the game than blargh, i guess is gonna be a close one and i hope both bring cheese
SS DOU: stax vs qsns w.e
SS LC: Serene Grace vs jake being serene grace a really good lc player and watching his perfomances i think hes at least top4-5 but i think zeb is actually top 2-3 so small edge for my old bw nu friend
SM OU: Relous vs Gondra relous actually won a game in a good fashion last week, anyway my man Gondra is gonna take this W for sure, mucha suerte!
ORAS OU: Persephone vs xImRaptor being raptor insanely lucky all the time i still think hes the better player overall, pershe teams are fun to watch but not solid enough to take this one imo
BW OU: Raiza vs Caetano93 i dont know much of both player so i think caetano has better record
DPP OU: Excal vs Emeral I still dont know who Emeral is, Excal has played some good games, giving him the edge on this one, this tier is random anyway so
ADV OU: Tamahome vs Alexander. well, not bolding tama is something that not happens often but Alexander is just insanely good and hes on super sayan 69 form this spl, not bolding him is a crime
GSC OU: KratosMana vs FriendOfMrGolem120 Anti showed this spl hes a clutch player, making good plays and dominate past weeks on gsc, fomg was capable to beat FOAT so this is gonna be close
RBY OU: Amaranth vs Hyogafodex dunno, rby is so random

well so i predict Ruiners to win, congratulations Classiest for winning this spl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)