Finals Smogon Premier League XI - Finals [Won by the Alpha Ruiners]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tama vs. Alex is an excellent game to conclude this season of ADV. Both have been using strong, well-rounded teams, but it's tough to predict exactly what they will use; that and the risky style of play they favor will make for an exciting battle. I'll stream it live for those interested (and if there are a bunch of games back-to-back I'll just keep going)

Hope for a tiebreak, go Classiest

John W

Banned deucer.
Congregation of the Classiest (7) vs (5) Alpha Ruiners

SS OU: Insult vs mncmt - Insult should have a solid edge here as he's played pretty well all SPL long with the teams he's brought while mncmt hasn't shown to be as consistent as Insult has been throughout SS OU.
SS OU: suapah vs FLCL - This is a match im looking forward to the most because it can really go either way with the way these guys have played throughout the season. Both had excellent regular seasons, and even though Suapah lost semis, I think he'll be fine for this game. Im gonna favor FLCL since he's looked like one of the best SS OU players as of late.
SS OU: blarghlfarghl vs Empo - Another match that can go either way but I think Blargh will win this one. Empo has been pretty great at SS OU and is probably one of the top SS OU players at the moment, however I have liked Blargh's team choices in most of his SPL games as they usually give him a pretty good chance to win the game without having to make any huge plays. This is another highlight match for me with Suapah v FLCL.
SS DOU: stax vs qsns - I don't know much about doubles but from what I have seen stax has looked impressive with a strong doubles record so I will favor him based off that.
SS LC: Serene Grace vs jake - Experience should matter in games like these so I favor jake to play a more calculated game with a strong team choice in the finals.
SM OU: Relous vs Gondra - Gondra has looked pretty much perfect in SM OU throughout the whole season and its clear that his team choices support his playstyle and give him a strong chance to win each SM game this tourney. I think this is not as lop-sided as people might think tho because SM OU is such a diverse tier where many different approaches to a team can be successful.
ORAS OU: Persephone vs xImRaptor - I think these are the type of games where Persephone thrives in because ximRaptor has been recycling a bunch of oras builds which makes him easier to gameplan against and from what I have seen Persephone really likes to dig deep into the whole cteam aspect so I think there's a solid chance he can get a great matchup and ride it to a victory.
BW OU: Raiza vs Caetano93 - This is a coin-flip to me, but after a whole regular season of bad luck I have a feeling Raiza will win this one to make up for the poor regular season with a 2-0 in playoffs. Im interested to see what both of these guys load up but I expect a sturdy sand from raiza while caetano uses a team with his own twist to it.
DPP OU: Excal vs Emeral - Excal's choke last week was pretty ugly so imma favor Emeral because it seems like the nerves got to Excal during his semis game.
ADV OU: Tamahome vs Alexander - Alexander looks very strong at ADV and even though he got a surf crit v metagross in semis, he played that game very well and I feel like he'll ride that momentum here into a big win for his team.
GSC OU: KratosMana vs FriendOfMrGolem120 - Anti has been one of the best GSC players this whole tourney and probably the classiest tiebreak pick if this series goes to tiebreak after his impressive win vs Dice to get them into playoffs. I think hes gonna finish off a great season with an important finals W vs another solid player and a great retain by the ruiners in FOMG.
RBY OU: Amaranth vs Hyogafodex - Amaranth looks more proven in the RBY field this tourney so i'll favor him but it could really go either way.

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
SS OU: Insult vs mncmt - 70/30. Insult's edge in this mu is undeniable. He has put up great results for a while and has most definitely found his footing in the post home metagame. I expect him to bring a standard-ish balance, one offensive enough to allow him to put mncmt on the backfoot reliably. It still is an SPL Finals game though so the pressure of winning a game in which he is heavily favored might affect his playing a bit. He doesn't strike me as prone to pressure but who knows what could happen in that setting ?
SS OU: suapah vs FLCL - 51/49 - As others have pointed out, this should be the closest SS game of the three. Both had a dominant season and rarely ever mess up in game. Favoring suapah ever so slightly mainly because he is the builder of the two so I can see that playing into his favor. Ultimately I think the game will come down to suapahs ability to to set his own rythm instead of letting FLCLs sometimes uber-agressive playing throw him off.
SS OU: blarghlfarghl vs Empo - 40/60 - Had this game taken place about 3 weeks ago, I might have bolded blargh. Since then, Empo has beat bro fist and Christo in an impressive fashion, thus effectively killing any doubts I had about his SS abilities up until that point. If he brings a build tight enough to overcome the anti-offense threats that are most certainly coming his way, I can see him playing better than blargh in a neutral match-up and thus taking the game.
SS DOU: stax vs qsns - 60/40, even though qsns absolutely should have won his semis game, from what I've seen, he should probably be outmatched by stax. No one aside from Jon and SMB looked as dominant as he did this season, with both his slightly ahead of the curve builds and solid playing pulling through in most of his games
SS LC: Serene Grace vs jake - Not doing odds here since I've watched too little LC this season to reasonably predict anything. Jake has the better record and has had his fair share of lc playoffs in recent years so just giving him the edge off of that.
SM OU: Relous vs Gondra - 30-70, fairly loopsided pairing unfortunately. Gondra has had a killer season whereas relous probably had the worst team tour of his life. The latter looked better in semis than he has in a while, I don't think it's going to be enough here though. Gondras extremely agressive and unorthodox playing style should be able to throw him off his game with relative ease.
ORAS OU: Persephone vs xImRaptor - 35-65, another difficult one for the classiest. I dont remember being genuinely impressed by Perse at any point, he looked like he was fishing for the perfect mu, quite often at the cost of glaring weaknesses to common stuff. To me, this betrays some degree of uncertainty regarding his playing abilities, doubts that were basically confirmed in the last few weeks. Raptor is very consistent, much like Gondra he capitalizes off of the passive playing tendencies of most of the pool and pilots fairly solid teams with confidence.
BW OU: Raiza vs Caetano93 - 45-55 Raiza got lucked so many times this SPL that this predict might actually have looked ridiculous had the season gone differently. However, I do think he looked a bit worse than usual in semis which makes the prospect of a finals game somewhat worrying. Mostly though, I'm mostly predicting Caetano to win because he himself seems like a difficult opponent to prep for, especially for Raiza who hardly ever strays away from standards builds.
DPP OU: Excal vs Emeral - Excal had a pretty bad throw last week but his record is still far better. Dont remember finding Emeral particularly impressive at any point so he should most definitely have this one. I must add that I had difficulties telling these players apart all season.
ADV OU: Tamahome vs Alexander. - 49/51 These two have looked about even this tournament but tamahome has looked slightly worse than his usual standard so bolding Alexander for that reason.
GSC OU: KratosMana vs FriendOfMrGolem120 55-45 This is probably closer than most people expect but I have to respect Antis killing streak here. And also I want to predict a tiebreak so you can already tell who I'm bolding next.
RBY OU: Amaranth vs Hyogafodex 55-45 Amarant was very much outmatched in semis but while Hyoga didn't look bad per se, he probably lacks the experience to take this one.

While a tiebreak does seem fairly likely, it should be noted that I am more confident in most of Ruiners wins than in Classiests so I think they have a higher chance of just taking the series overall. If it does come to a tiebreak:

SM OU: Insult vs Empo - 55/45 There's no telling suapah/flcl wont step in for this one but if both teams were to pick right now, This is what the match up would be. I yet again have to give it to Insult here. While I think both are about equally talented, I think Insults ability to time his plays to take advantage of his opponents more agressive tendencies will come clutch here.

Tama/suapah vs Gondra - 45/55 - This match up i'm unsure about but unless Ruiners decide to risk it all on something like Alexander in RBY, this is likely what Ruiners pick is going to be. While tamas/suapahs odds vs Gondra are better than relous, it probably is not going to be enough.

GSC OU: KratosMana vs FriendOfMrGolem120 - 55/45 Classiest pick is also somewhat hard to call and probably depends a lot on what happens in the finals game. If Anti does well enough, I can see classiest picking him, perhaps with the hope of him saving their season yet again. If not, I think they should pick DOU. While it is an historically unconventional pick, I believe it could work out big time for classiest, especially because it means ruiners cant slot in a more experienced player whereas stax has looked dominant enough thus far to go into this game with full confidence.

Last edited:

Luigi

spo.ink/shadowtag
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 27 Championis a Past SPL Champion
went through the heaviest loads and also the strongest carries that lifted those loads up to the glory known as SPL champion. As the third heaviest load of the SPL X ruiners, i feel i am qualified to talk about this topic, lol. (in other words, don't get mad if you're in the heaviest loads section of this post, it's just fun stats :blobthumbsup: )

SPL 1: Folgorio (3k) - 3-6 - DPP OU/UU
SPL 2: Carl (4.5k) - 4-6 - RBY OU
SPL 3: Sapphire Birch (4k) - 4-6 - VGC
SPL 4: Snowtatoes (3k) - 1-4 - BW OU
SPL 5: Whitequeen(4k)/SoulWind(13K) - 0-3/2-5 respectively - BW UU/OU respectively
SPL 6: 199 lives (3k) - 1-5 - DPP OU
SPL 7: frizy (3k) - 0-2 - ORAS OU/NU
SPL 8: no one won but Golden Gyarados (3K) went 1-6 - RBY OU
SPL 9: danger zone (3k) - 0-4 - SM UU
SPL 10: imsosorrylol (3k) - 3-8 - ORAS OU/SM OU
SPL 11:
If the Ruiners win and Hyogafodex (8k) loses, he will become 1-7, officially the heaviest load of all time. If he wins however, ErPeris (3k) will become the heaviest load of this season, and tied with imsosorrylol at -5 for 3k.
If the Classiest win, Relous (10.5k) will be the heaviest load regardless of whether he wins or loses, but if he loses he will become the heaviest load of all time.*

*heaviest meaning he had the worst record, since as we all know the heaviest player in the classiest is blarghfarghl

SPL 1: gene (11k) - 8-3 (2-0 PO) - ADV/GSC/RBY OU
SPL 2: Conflict (6.5k) - 8-3 (2-0 PO) - GSC OU
SPL 3: pi face (10.5k) - 9-1-1 (2-0 PO) - BW Ubers
SPL 4: Tiba (10k) 10-1 (2-0 PO) - GSC/RBY OU
SPL 5: Heist (21.5k) - 8-3 (2-0 PO) - BW RU/DPP OU
SPL 6: KratosMana (10.5k) - 6-2 (2-0 PO) - ORAS/RBY OU
SPL 7: Conflict (22k) - 8-3 (2-0 PO) - GSC OU
SPL 8: no one won but tamahome (20k) went 9-2-1 (3-0 PO) DPP/RBY/SM OU
SPL 9: Fear (12k) 9-1 (2-0 PO) - GSC OU
SPL 10: Lavos (25.5k) 12-1 (4-0 PO) BW/GSC OU
SPL 11:
If the Ruiners win, Gondra (5.5k) will be their carry regardless of whether he wins or loses, and he'd become the cheapest carry of all time.
If the Classiest win, and KratosMana (22.5k) wins (or he loses and stax also loses), he will be their carry, tying conflict as a 2 time carry. If he loses and stax (10k) wins, stax will be their carry, marking only the second time a carry was a non-ou player.

Last edited:

passion

heavenly :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
went through the heaviest loads and also the strongest carries that lifted those loads up to the glory known as SPL champion. As the third heaviest load of the SPL X ruiners, i feel i am qualified to talk about this topic, lol. (in other words, don't get mad if you're in the heaviest loads section of this post, it's just fun stats :blobthumbsup: )

SPL 1: Folgorio (3k) - 3-6 - DPP OU/UU
SPL 2: Carl (4.5k) - 4-6 - RBY OU
SPL 3: Sapphire Birch (4k) - 4-6 - VGC
SPL 4: Snowtatoes (3k) - 1-4 - BW OU
SPL 5: Whitequeen(4k)/SoulWind(13K) - 0-3/2-5 respectively - BW UU/OU respectively
SPL 6: 199 lives (3k) - 1-5 - DPP OU
SPL 7: frizy (3k) - 0-2 - ORAS OU/NU
SPL 8: no one won but Golden Gyarados (3K) went 1-6 - RBY OU
SPL 9: danger zone (3k) - 0-4 - SM UU
SPL 10: imsosorrylol (3k) - 3-8 - ORAS OU/SM OU
SPL 11:
If the Ruiners win and Hyogafodex (8k) loses, he will become 1-7, officially the heaviest load of all time. If he wins however, ErPeris (3k) will become the heaviest load of this season, and tied with imsosorrylol at -5 for 3k.
If the Classiest win, Relous (10.5k) will be the heaviest load regardless of whether he wins or loses, but if he loses he will become the heaviest load of all time.*

*heaviest meaning he had the worst record, since as we all know the heaviest player in the classiest is blarghfarghl

SPL 1: gene (11k) - 8-3 (2-0 PO) - ADV/GSC/RBY OU
SPL 2: Conflict (6.5k) - 8-3 (2-0 PO) - GSC OU
SPL 3: pi face (10.5k) - 9-1-1 (2-0 PO) - BW Ubers
SPL 4: Tiba (10k) 10-1 (2-0 PO) - GSC/RBY OU
SPL 5: Heist (21.5k) - 8-3 (2-0 PO) - BW RU/DPP OU
SPL 6: KratosMana (10.5k) - 6-2 (2-0 PO) - ORAS/RBY OU
SPL 7: Conflict (22k) - 8-3 (2-0 PO) - GSC OU
SPL 8: no one won but tamahome (20k) went 9-2-1 (3-0 PO) DPP/RBY/SM OU
SPL 9: Fear (12k) 9-1 (2-0 PO) - GSC OU
SPL 10: Lavos (25.5k) 12-1 (4-0 PO) BW/GSC OU
SPL 11:
If the Ruiners win, Gondra (5.5k) will be their carry regardless of whether he wins or loses, and he'd become the cheapest carry of all time.
If the Classiest win, and KratosMana (22.5k) wins (or he loses and stax also loses), he will be their carry, tying conflict as a 2 time carry. If he loses and stax (10k) wins, stax will be their carry, marking only the second time a carry was a non-ou player.
u were the heaviest load of all time fat ass

What happened to the replay thread. I understand that if you update it too soon people who haven't watched the semis will get "spoiled" on who won, but it's Sunday finals day. Luckily most of the players are sensible and post replays. You have been good at updating it throughout the tournament so I don't understand why you have chosen finals week as the one you want to ignore. Kinda hurts the watching experience for the average lurker.

kjdaas

this girl rly slapped some letters together huh
is a Community Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
What happened to the replay thread. I understand that if you update it too soon people who haven't watched the semis will get "spoiled" on who won, but it's Sunday finals day. Luckily most of the players are sensible and post replays. You have been good at updating it throughout the tournament so I don't understand why you have chosen finals week as the one you want to ignore. Kinda hurts the watching experience for the average lurker.
Sorry for the inconveniences! I was hoping Hikari would make the post, because only he has the tools to make the post in a few seconds whereas it took me 5 mins by hand. However, I should have done it earlier so sorry for the wait! Also I'll update the semis post as well, because my last edit didn't get saved.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
SS OU: Insult (45) vs (55) FLCL - Two of the better SS players up to this point, so we should be in for a treat. I think FLCL has the slight edge because he has more experience and he is less afraid to pull triggers when necessary, but Insult's more than capable of taking this. Both have used a solid assortment of teams thus far and neither misplayed a ton this tour. Probably my favorite match of the three.
SM OU: KratosMana (55) vs (45) Empo - Anti has been one of the best players this tour thus far in my eyes. Empo is actually up there as well in recent weeks, but honestly a lot of the buzz surrounding him is due to his two dominating playoff showings and his two recent STour wins. I think Anti is the better overall player and Empo loses the tier familiarity advantage in SM as Anti played/built in SM pretty actively. I think I would favor Empo in SS due to his recent streak there and Anti's lack of experience, but Empo does seem to personally favor SM so maybe there is more reason to believe than I give credit. Regardless, I think Anti is a hair better and both are solid in the generation, so siding with him.
DPP OU: Tamahome (60) vs (40) Alexander. - bop

gl Classy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)