Smogon Shoddy is up

Why would anyone go on official server anymore, it takes at least 10-20min to get a match going. Great work on this server.

Why would anyone go on official server anymore, it takes at least 10-20min to get a match going. Great work on this server.

As several people have said before, Official Server is laggy, but the Smogon Server is not.

"Official Server?What is?" as some members posted on the chat screen xD.

This is great. I will finally be able to battle on the ladder without waiting 20 minutes. I even got a UU battle in about 10 seconds, but I ran into a little problem.

I was running a sub salac Garchomp and its hp hit 17% (from poison) and the salac berry didn't activate. I don't know if this is because of the server, but I have never experienced this on the official server.

Apart from this (and the UU banlist freeze), the server seems great. I haven't run into any wobbuffets yet so I am happy. Would it be possible to put anybody who has ever played a ladder match and their rank up on the site instead of the top 50?

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
I just want to let you know that there is a time freeze bug. I was about to beat 1234gjy, or some name like that, and he just typed "f" in the chat and he kept doing it, and then the time froze so he wouldn't lose by not making a move, so he stalled the whole game for hours. Just thought I would mention it to you because you don't want anyone to abuse it, like he did.

so apparently i broke the uu ladder

i dont even know how i did this, i was 27th and then my shoddybattle crashed during a battle and i ended up in 2nd

oh nvm it's the ranking changes.

Great job on the server, guys!

I was running a sub salac Garchomp and its hp hit 17% (from poison) and the salac berry didn't activate. I don't know if this is because of the server, but I have never experienced this on the official server.
Berries activate before poison so if poison damage takes you lower than 25% your berry will activate next turn. That's how it works on the official server too.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Question: who should we notify if we find bugs? I'm not saying I found one or that there will be any, but any procedure in particular?

Yay, this is awesome!! =D Just what I needed, seeing as I can't seem to sleep.

Thanks to everyone involved!

Question: who should we notify if we find bugs? I'm not saying I found one or that there will be any, but any procedure in particular?
Shoddy section of our site said:
Note: We are not the creators of ShoddyBattle; if you have questions/bug reports, it's best to bring it up on their site, not ours.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is great. I will finally be able to battle on the ladder without waiting 20 minutes. I even got a UU battle in about 10 seconds, but I ran into a little problem.

Apart from this (and the UU banlist freeze), the server seems great. I haven't run into any wobbuffets yet so I am happy. Would it be possible to put anybody who has ever played a ladder match and their rank up on the site instead of the top 50?
If I recall correctly, Salac Berry can only be activated by an in-turn effect. End of turn effects (poison) don't trigger it.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Berries activate before poison so if poison damage takes you lower than 25% your berry will activate next turn. That's how it works on the official server too.
If I recall correctly, Salac Berry can only be activated by an in-turn effect. End of turn effects (poison) don't trigger it.
Just to be absolutely clear, this is a Shoddy bug. The Salac Berry should definitely activate right after the poison damage lowers your HP to 25%. I just tested it in-game to double-check. Pinch Berries always activate the moment the holder's HP is reduced to 25% or less.

I couldn't tell you whether the main server has this bug fixed or not, but I'm guessing not.

EDIT: On a side note, those who are asking about where to report bugs, I wouldn't bother. I don't think I've ever seen a bug disappear from the Shoddy site's Bug Tracker. This is not to say that bugs are never fixed, but we're coming up on the one-year anniversary for the discovery of some well-known bugs and they've never been addressed. Generally the bugs that are fixed are the ones pointed out by high-profile players and those that are very easy to fix. You're better off fixing it yourself if you know Java. If you don't know Java, find somebody who does or just live with it.

Also, don't hold your breath for Double Battles on Shoddy. I've seen the code and Shoddy Battle looks like it was written with only Single Battles in mind. It'd be almost easier to code a whole new simulator than to try to adapt the existing code.

Just wondering: SR does 12.5% to a neutral type to rock right? But if I send in a rock type, it should do 6% (or is it 6.25%) right?

I switched in Kabutops and took 12%.

EDIT: Other than this (or thismight be the way it's supposed to be...) I love the new Server. It never laggs and everything runs smoothly.

Oh thanks. That's just really wierd... I guess it was the Ground Type when I thought it was Rock that Resisted Rock (I'm talking about when you just started... And use rock throw on a geodude...)

Well, thanks for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)