Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - July 2010

Also Starmie made a bold jump up to the 5th spot, although I'm not exactly sure why...

heatran, dragonite, flygon and infernape usage increase maybe?
stall more popular without mixmence? they need a rapid spinner.
It can kill machamp with psychic, i've seen it for the first time as a lead this month.
just guesses.

Also Starmie made a bold jump up to the 5th spot, although I'm not exactly sure why...

It can kill machamp with psychic, i've seen it for the first time as a lead this month.
just guesses.
My guesses are the same.
Are people running Life Orb or Choice Scarf more often?

How can Starmie kill Machamp with 100 SpA when Azelf can't with 125 SpA?
life orb.

299 Atk vs 210 Def & 383 HP (90 Base Power): 356 - 422 (92.95% - 110.18%)

its only a 58.97% chance to ohko though...so yeah. unless you wanna use modest or specs.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Damn Hippopotas is #8 on the most overused UU leads..

It would be hilarious if he gets moved to UU.. and it'll be the day my life is complete. (Well, other than the day Aerodactyl or Marowak get Head Smash.. but that's different. :P)

I personally find it funny that two metal bugs, four times weak to fire, are higher in usage than a Pokemon that can learn any move, a phoenix, a sea beast, an alien with attacking stats that are through the roof and a guardian from another world.

Forretress and Scizor are awesome.

just guesses.
Starmie doesn't work that well on stall I think. Forretress/Tentacruel can perform the same spinning duties + set up entry hazards of their own. Starmie has always been a beastly LO attacker and what I feel is that the current trend of less Scizor, less ScarfTar helps Starmie a lot.

rule of thumb of pokemon
the strongest is not always the best. example ?
Heracross that have the most logical strongest set up attack is not used much. Well a jolly +3 Heracross with guts in baton pass team with some defense is game over even in uber without full investing giratina with 4 attack moveset (facade stab and night slash). While +6 heracross in same condition OHKO all pokemon in the game but its just #48 in usage.
Its all about how useful they are seeing every player agree on how useful scizor heatran and Gyarados are.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
rule of thumb of pokemon
Heracross that have the most logical strongest set up attack is not used much. Well a jolly +3 Heracross with guts in baton pass team with some defense is game over even in uber without full investing giratina with 4 attack moveset (facade stab and night slash). While +6 heracross in same condition OHKO all pokemon in the game but its just #48 in usage.
Its all about how useful they are seeing every player agree on how useful scizor heatran and Gyarados are.
Of course Heracross is going to OHKO teams if you put him on the end of a Baton Pass chain and pass speed, attack and defense to it. I could do the same thing with Metagross, Lucario, Marowak and countless other Pokemon. The Baton Pass and +6 Attack line of thinking is flawed.

Heracross is so low in usage because over half the time it has to run Choice Scarf to speed stuff and gets easily checked by the likes of Gyarados and Dragonite. People want Pokemon that have good all round stats and are easy to use right off the bat, Pokemon like Heatran fit this description, Heracross sadly is lacking.

Of course Heracross is going to OHKO teams if you put him on the end of a Baton Pass chain and pass speed, attack and defense to it. I could do the same thing with Metagross, Lucario, Marowak and countless other Pokemon. The Baton Pass and +6 Attack line of thinking is flawed.

Heracross is so low in usage because over half the time it has to run Choice Scarf to speed stuff and gets easily checked by the likes of Gyarados and Dragonite. People want Pokemon that have good all round stats and are easy to use right off the bat, Pokemon like Heatran fit this description, Heracross sadly is lacking.
true and not to mention gyara is a beast being anti meta pokemon
what hera lack is speed and defense to take priority
with those is yeah and what i mean OHKO is OHKO whole game
since the one who can get hit on +6 hera is nothing even uber

Why do people use Magikrap in Ubers? That's one wasted slot that could have been used to prevent Choice Specs Kyogre from raping your team with Water Spout.

I personally find it funny that two metal bugs, four times weak to fire, are higher in usage than a Pokemon that can learn any move, a phoenix, a sea beast, an alien with attacking stats that are through the roof and a guardian from another world.

Forretress and Scizor are awesome.
lol, omg... I didn't get any of these...
Is a Phoenix Moltres or Ho-Oh? d:

lol, omg... I didn't get any of these...
Is a Phoenix Moltres or Ho-Oh? d:
It was Ho-oh :D

Being used more than Moltres isn't that much of an accomplishment, really :P Being used more than an Uber IN Ubers is an accomplishment in my books :D
After all, if I'm not mistaken Ho-Oh under sun is ridiculous, right? With boosted STAB Sacred Fire and all.

That's why Ho-oh is awesome.

rule of thumb of pokemon
Yeah and an Adamant Caterpie with a Choice Band that has been passed 1 Swords Dance boost (+2 attack) OHKOs 4/0 Mewtwo 100% of the time after Stealth Rock damage using Bug Bite. I don't know why that's important.

Why do people use Magikrap in Ubers? That's one wasted slot that could have been used to prevent Choice Specs Kyogre from raping your team with Water Spout.
You make it sound like Magikarp can't hard counter the whole metagame..... Simply paralyze Kyogre with your Ekans (good team mate to Magikarp you know), get a -2 defence drop with Screech whilst Kyogre is fully paralyzed, then all you need to do is get +6 with Ninjask and pass to your Choice Band Karp whilst Kyogre is kept at bay with a tidal wave of full paralysis. OHKO with Bounce!

These 2 actually make a good offensive duo with top notch defensive stnergy, commonly known as MagikPie, eliminating each other's counters such as Palkia and the afore mentioned Kyogre with the added benefit of Magikarp having the ability to switch on Heatran's Overheats with near impunity.

Thanks for the stats Doug! Many changes after Salamence ban I see. I never thought Heatran will become #1 especially with Gyarados climbing high. Scizor still has his glory to an extent although he has been displaced from #1.

Although Salamence ban was a damper to me, it is nice to see that Dragonite has the chance to prove himself in OU, just like Flygon had when Garchomp got banned.

UU, pretty straightforward seeing Milotic on so many teams and that I have no proper counter for her means I will have to take Milotic seriously being #1. I have nothing against Venusaur, he is holding out there.

Aerodactyl is a good lead, wonder why he is dropping. If he says " I want to set up stealth rock right now!!", he always gets it. Strange seeing him drop and Machamp rise up so terrifically. Azelf still rules at the #1 spot by quite a distance, so no questioning that. Ambipom and Uxie are reliable in UU so I doubt their lead usage will be going down anytime soon.

Thanks again for the stats Doug.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What does a Poké fall below / rise above in usage to change tiers? Or is Over/Under used not actually detirmined by usage?
It absolutely is determined by usage. Not sure on the actual numbers but right now things like Heracross and Umbreon are on the outer edge of OU and they're sitting at 3.37% usage and 3.84% respectively. Things like Alakazam and Gallade are still not used enough to be considered OU and they're sitting at 2.78% and 2.54% respectively. From this we can assume the threshold is somewhere in between these numbers, maybe around 3%?

Gyarados how stable you are yet your playstyle always same over the years
over the period only doing DD overandoverandover(after some and over later)
again and sweep countless team only getting bounce yet never getting lower than Top 10 even with extremely predictable but dangerous moveset

Gyarados how stable you are yet your playstyle always same over the years
over the period only doing DD overandoverandover(after some and over later)
again and sweep countless team only getting bounce yet never getting lower than Top 10 even with extremely predictable but dangerous moveset
Don't forget about when RestTalk became popular...

People really underestimate Choice Scarf Breloom. 100% sleep move + 393 speed is great. As a lead it fairs decently, sleeping most leads or KOing them with Superpower/Seed Bomb (Tyranitar, Heatran, Swampert). Once their lead dies, you can come back later and force another Pokemon to sleep.

Don't forget about when RestTalk became popular...
sure gyara is a beast. Starmie use T-Bolt Gyara dies.
But theres T-tar lol sorry. Dragonite would never get the position on top 3 or top 5. Why ? sure as a wallbreaker which sala is better it is unbeaten now.
As a stallbreaker like old sala, it is outclassed by many(even by gyara and the legendary BOAH) as a DD sweeper theres the best dragon dancer in the game in term of reliability we know and loves known as Gyarados.
Watch out people gyara is actually the reason that nite is not widely used not
that annoying Flygon not that mighty Salamence. Its Gyarados who outclass all that nite does better than Sala known as Dragon Dancer. Gyarados is the best man!!! its the premier dragon dancer or you can say its the pokemon that represent the move dragon dance(like kyogre representing water spout)
just pray gen 5 dont gave gyara evo. Its broken already!!

People really underestimate Choice Scarf Breloom. 100% sleep move + 393 speed is great. As a lead it fairs decently, sleeping most leads or KOing them with Superpower/Seed Bomb (Tyranitar, Heatran, Swampert). Once their lead dies, you can come back later and force another Pokemon to sleep.
admit it breelom is the member of Annoying Plateau of OU consisting of Elite Four and a Champion which resides in Uber. The Elite Four consist of Machamp which will annoy the heck out of you with his famed fabled never miss 100% confusion 150 base powered Dynamic Punch. Togekiss so bulky so annoying master of flinch hax #2 with crazy offensive stats and annoyingly posses many move only near legendary pokemon posses such as extremespeed aura sphere. Then theres Breelom with his hax but not hax 100% rate sleep and his mighty subsitute and his mighty focus punch and his regenerating speed so fast that it laugh at blissey. Then the strongest elite four known as Jirachi the premier haxmaster which only the most brave and patient can resist its might (and magic ?) who spend his life flinching and laughing over its victim over and over again. After beating those four you will venture the uber tier... a tier so scary that everything in existence can kick the **** out of your ***. The Champion of the Annying Plateau. The one and only wobuffet. When Arceus created him he is annoyed a lot because he dont have mirror.
So he created a mirror that can set up his friend with impunity blessed with status barrier
and giving it the strongest move in existence which existance makes every pokemon shudder
known as Splash. argh

admit it breelom is the member of Annoying Plateau of OU consisting of Elite Four and a Champion which resides in Uber. The Elite Four consist of Machamp which will annoy the heck out of you with his famed fabled never miss 100% confusion 150 base powered Dynamic Punch. Togekiss so bulky so annoying master of flinch hax #2 with crazy offensive stats and annoyingly posses many move only near legendary pokemon posses such as extremespeed aura sphere. Then theres Breelom with his hax but not hax 100% rate sleep and his mighty subsitute and his mighty focus punch and his regenerating speed so fast that it laugh at blissey. Then the strongest elite four known as Jirachi the premier haxmaster which only the most brave and patient can resist its might (and magic ?) who spend his life flinching and laughing over its victim over and over again. After beating those four you will venture the uber tier... a tier so scary that everything in existence can kick the **** out of your ***. The Champion of the Annying Plateau. The one and only wobuffet. When Arceus created him he is annoyed a lot because he dont have mirror.
So he created a mirror that can set up his friend with impunity blessed with status barrier
and giving it the strongest move in existence which existance makes every pokemon shudder
known as Splash. argh
you forgot jumpluff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)