Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - May 2010

It's not surprising at all that Suspect is more centralized than OU. The average Suspect player plays Suspect a lot more often that the average Standard player plays Standard, I would assume.
This is wrong. Just because Heatran may be used more than Scizor in suspect compared to OU doesn't mean that the metagame is more centralized. In fact, its less centralized shown by the top 29 all make an appearance on 1 in 10 teams while only the top 19 in OU show up in 1 in 10 teams. Thats the biggest indicator to me.

Cyrrona

starlet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Uxie lead jumped from 26 -> 13

That is pretty fucking cool
I agree. ;)

As others have noted, Suspect stats are a radical departure from what we've been seeing in Standard, but the changes all make sense and they're pretty much in line with what I've been seeing on the ladder. If Salamence is voted Uber, it'll be interesting to see what the metagame looks like in a couple months once things have stablized a bit further. Thanks for the stats, Doug!

UU:

Steelix took a huge drop. HUGE.
Leafeon i getting used. Nice.
Exeggutor UU?
Heracross UU?

OU:

Well, Machamp is everyhere now.
Uxie getting more used than Cresselia O_o
Blastoise on #62 in leads saddens me... that thing is surprisingly effective at taking other leads while cleaning rocks away.

Infernape is #2 in Suspect.. that means hes the new big dick in town. Starmie moves to #3 to counter Infernape rightfully so. Not surprised at all.

Infernape for next ban?

1 | Heatran | 6926 | 35.57

The amount of usage in Suspect is very small. Like only 6926 usages of Heatran compared to like 300k of Scizor's usage in Standard. So the suspect statistics are very accurate, but do show some trends...

Holy hell, Shaymin is 21 in Suspect. Grass-types are a lot more powerful with Salamence and Latias gone. Maybe this means good things for Sceptile, who is the fastest Grasser around...

Holy hell, Shaymin is 21 in Suspect. Grass-types are a lot more powerful with Salamence and Latias gone. Maybe this means good things for Sceptile, who is the fastest Grasser around...
This. Now that the hedgehog doesn't have to choose between HP Ice and HP Fire (dragonite is pretty easy to handle), it finds it alot easier to wreak havoc on opposing teams. And unlike Celebi, it isn't weak to Pursuit, so it can just switch in and out as it pleases and Natural Rest if it wants. I really like using it.

APR 2010 STANDARD USAGE
| 3 | Salamence | 205028 | 20.91 |

MAY 2010 SUSPECT USAGE
| 8 | Dragonite | 4202 | 21.58 |

Hmm...

APR 2010 STANDARD USAGE
| 3 | Salamence | 205028 | 20.91 |

MAY 2010 SUSPECT USAGE
| 8 | Dragonite | 4202 | 21.58 |

Hmm...

The suspect ladders are always more centralized than the standard ladder will be when/if those changes take place on the standard ladder. Everyone is using Dragonite because it replaces Salamence. Nothing should really be taken at face value like that, but instead the trends should be observed.

It is not surpising to see Salamence up to #2 on the Standard Ladder in usage but I was not expecting Heatran to jump up to #4, with a Choice Scarf as the highest used item.

I'm happy to see Dragonito go from #28th to #8th in Suspect, and to see that people are finally using Uxie as a lead in OU. From #26 to #13. I use it on a good number of my teams, and it works wonders. It has awesome bulk and Yawn annoys people to death :D

Also, go go go Lanturn in OU!

Where's blissey in suspect? Has it gone down 10 placed to 23'rd lol
Heatran ruling in suspect like he did just before platinum was released no surprise.

Someone explain how Ariados is 31 in ubers?

Ariados used String Shot!
Dialga used Draco Meteor 334% Damage
Ariados Fainted....

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think people got inspired by the April Fools joke with Magikarp. You can see Weedle is #12.

On a more serious note, Ariados can actually be a pretty cool anti-lead in Ubers, running Bug Bite/Shadow Sneak/Toxic Spikes/Sucker Punch @ Focus Sash stops Deoxys-S from spamming two layers, and Darkrai can't put it to sleep because it has Insomnia. Here's the Smog article which describes it: http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue7/ubers

Regarding weedle it was a little joke one afternoon over on #pokeforum where we all decided to use weedle as our leads for the day.(yeah we were inspired by magicarp)

@people saying e-vire,ninjask etc going UU if salamence goes uber. - What you lot have to remember is that a lot of the users of these pokemon reside at the bottom of the ladder and don't play suspect. I'm also sure that most of the users won't change their teams in salamence goes uber because they arn't really "that" sompetitive battlers.

EDIT: Doug there seems to be a problem with the detailed stats for weedle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)