Spanish Qualifier- Madrid, June 19th, 2010 - WON BY KEFKA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanish Video Games Championships Qualifier, Madrid

European Last Chance Qualifier

Well, this year Spain gets a real Qualifier, not a pseudo-qualifier like last year's one. What changes from last year?

- It won't be in the middle of a park so no worries about rain this year.
- You won't have to play with your on DS (this involves that if you are running out of battery you won't have to go to a bar between rounds to charge it).
- 4 vs 4 battles (not 3 vs 3)
- Qualified staff that won't dQ you if you and your opponent have two pokémon from the same specie (ie both using different Garchomps) or something like that.
- REAL hack check.
- Real prizes.

To sum up, a real World Championships Qualifier.

It will take place in the capital, Madrid, and it'll be the last European Qualifier so, for Europe is a kind of Last Chance Qualifier.

Feria de Madrid
28042 Madrid
Tel.: (+34) 91 722 5074
Junior Registration: 9:30 A.M. to 10:00 A.M.
Senior Registration: 1:00 P.M. to 1:30 P.M.

It's a great place to compete, TPCi have spent more than 12000 € to rent this place.

How to get There

Hotels near IFEMA

A European copy of Pokémon HeartGold Version or Pokémon SoulSilver Version for the Nintendo DS™ system
  • A team of legal Pokémon as per the Tournament Regulations
  • A completed Team Information Sheet
  • Proof of age
  • A special character distribution will be available to all attendees who have a copy of Pokémon HeartGold or SoulSilver Versions. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own Nintendo DS or Nintendo DSi™ system. Only one Pokémon will be available per person.

1st Place:

• A World Championships Qualifier 1st Place Trophy
  • A Nintendo DSi system
  • A Nintendo Wii
  • An invitation to compete at the Pokémon Video Game World Championships in Kona, Hawaii, U.S.A., on August 14th & 15th, 2010
  • Airfare and 4-day/3-night hotel accommodations for the winner (including parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to attend the Pokémon Video Game World Championships
2nd Place:

• A World Championships Qualifier 2nd Place Trophy
  • A Nintendo DSi system
  • An invitation to compete at the Pokémon Video Game World Championships in Kona, Hawaii, U.S.A., on August 14th & 15th, 2010
  • Airfare and 4-day/3-night hotel accommodations for the winner (including parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to attend the Pokémon Video Game World Championships
3rd & 4th Place:

• A Nintendo DSi system

EVENT QUESTIONS

How can I play in a Pokémon Video Game World Championships Qualifier Tournament?

Players can participate in any of four Pokémon Video Game World Championships Qualifier Tournaments during summer 2010. Players wishing to enter a tournament should arrive on site during the times specified for the tournament's location to register for a chance to play in the event.

How many players can participate in a Pokémon Video Game World Championships Qualifier Tournament?

Competitor slots are limited to 128 for the Junior Division (born in 1998 or later) and 256 for the Senior Division (born in 1997 or earlier). Players may only sign up for the event during their age division's registration times. Competitor slots will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Preregistration is not available for these events.

Do I have to be a resident to participate in these events?

These events are open to all players, regardless of country of residency. The only stipulation is that the player must use a European version of Pokémon HeartGold or SoulSilver Versions.

What does it cost to attend?

There is no entry fee to participate in the Pokémon Video Game World Championships Qualifier Tournaments.

What is the tournament structure?

The tournaments will be run using the Single-Elimination tournament format. When a player loses a match, that player is eliminated from the tournament.

Can I participate in more than one World Championships Qualifier tournament?

Players may participate in more than one World Championships Qualifier tournament, provided they have not already earned an invitation and/or Travel Award to the Pokémon Video Game World Championships by placing 1st-4th at a previous World Championships Qualifier tournament.

Can I compete in both Pokémon Video Game Championships tournaments and Pokémon Trading Card Game Championships tournaments?

Players may participate in both VGC and TCG events; however, a player can only be eligible to earn a World Championships invitation for one event. Players will automatically forfeit any additional invitations and/or travel earned after the first. Players who attempt to take advantage of multiple invitations may be stripped of all earned invitations.

REGULATIONS QUESTIONS

How does auto-leveling affect my Pokémon?

The GS Cup uses an auto-level feature, which sets all Pokémon level 51 and higher to level 50. Their stats are adjusted accordingly. All other aspects of the Pokémon remain the same, including moves known and evolution.
For example, during a GS Cup battle, a level 100 Tyranitar that learned Hyper Beam at level 70 would be reduced to level 50, and its stats would be adjusted to what they would be at level 50. Though this puts Tyranitar below the level at which it evolved from Pupitar, as well as below the level at which it learned Hyper Beam, it remains a Tyranitar that knows Hyper Beam. After the battle ends, Tyranitar is returned to level 100, and its stats return to normal.
A Pokémon below level 50 will not have its level or stats adjusted up. For example, during a GS Cup battle, a level 36 Typhlosion would remain level 36, and its stats would not be adjusted.

How will you verify that my Pokémon have not been modified by an external device?

We cannot and will not discuss the extent of verification that will be used during the Video Game Championship series. Additionally, we cannot provide you with any information about checking your own Pokémon by yourself.
Players are advised to use only Pokémon that you have raised yourself and items that you have received through normal game play.

Why do I need to fill out a Team Information Sheet?

The Team Information Sheet allows the registration staff to check that your Pokémon meet the basic regulations of the event. Further, this sheet also allows the tournament staff to verify that you continue to use the same Pokémon throughout the event. Each player is responsible for ensuring that his or her team adheres to the tournament regulations.

Additionaly you can get a shiny eevee as a gift if you bring your own DS. You don't need to compete to receive it tough.

And remember DON'T HACK or ANSWER ABOUT IT.

Good Luck & Have fun. See you there!

People Attending

- Froggy25 (France)
- Last Requiem (Portugal)
- Bangisan (Spain)
- Flash_mc
(Spain)
- Ray Kaze (Spain)
- CaptainFalcon (Spain)
- K-OS (Spain)
- Danix (Spain)
- XXL (Spain)
- Perdgin (Spain)
- Barry (Spain)
- Sheik (Spain)
- Dusk252 (Portugal)
- RubeNCB92 (Spain)
- Buzzthebatgirl (Ireland)
-
-

- Real prizes.
I think I'll have to disagree with this. If you exclude the trip to worlds, this championship had better prizes than even the USA nationals. As for the rest, yeah, funny stuff that won't happen this year :P .

Just hope that this year there is no sun on the qualifier day. Last year it seamed like a Flash Fire'd Heatran was Heatwaving the whole city with Sunny Day in effect :P

en este idioma tmb me entiendES XD, Y EDITA EL TEMA, Q SOI DE ESPAÑA, NOSE PA Q PONERS ??? xd

saludos¡¡
dude, don't use capital letters, and talk in english please. I understand spanish of course, but remember that the most people don't. It's not a spanish forum...

Metang_with is also partecipating. He borrowed a cartridge and succedeed in buying a low cost flight (I envy him).
He's there now: thirty minutes ago there were about one hundred people queueing for the seniors.

Second place was won by RubeNCB. Third place was won by one of Ruben's friends, (also) called Albert if I'm not mistaken (sorry if I am :P ). I don't know who got fourth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)