Metagame SS OU Metagame Discussion (Usage stats in post #944)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused as to why the usage percentage matters as much when you can always use UU and lower mons in OU. Yes those 6 are between 4.52% and 3.41% in terms of usage, but if they work fine in the OU meta then why are you letting that stop you from using them? Because they aren’t ranked as OU?
It matters because of what is available in lower tiers. I believe it was raised to limit fluctuation in lower tiers. OU players often don't consider this, but there can be drastic implications to the UU meta (or lower ones) when a pokemon gets promoted, so the increased percentage aims to reduce unnecessary rises.

As for your point in the second part of your post... that is 100% true. the post you are quoting is saying that there are more viable pokemon outside of those classified as OU, so you cant accurately compare diversity between this gen and last gens metagame by the number of pokemon in OU (since the cut off has changed)

Moody is cancerous and unbanning it was a big mistake, as it's making an already shitshow of a meta even worse.

Since nobody has pointed out the obvious I'll be the one to do it: the issue with this ability was never the evasion boosts, since they didn't affect the standard tools used to deal with this kind of shenanigans, namely Haze and phazing. The issue was, and still is, that anything with Moody, no matter what kind of shitmon it's slapped on, basically becomes a 1-pokemon Baton Pass chain.

I don't think I need to go into details to explain why this is not a healthy, nor competitive element to have in the meta.

In fact, I daresay Moody is better now that it affects 5 stats instead of 7, since it has 80% chance per turn to boost a relevant stat instead of 71.42%: the snowball gets rolling faster now. You don't need evasion when you're behind a sub with buffed defenses and speed.

Ban it and never look back.

Last edited:

Deleted User 229847

Banned deucer.
Glalie is cancerous but still has counters. It really demands next to no skill to use, and it’s heavily rng-based. I think that it’s not necessarily broken but probably unhealthy (per tiering framework) for the metagame.
I do believe moody is good only specifically on glalie (in OU) since it has access to top quality moves in the form of disable and freeze dry.
Not broken, low skilled and probably unhealthy, doesn’t award the better player but the luckiest one: ban glalie from OU or ban moody altogether, preferably the former*.

*since the other 3 mons are way too weak and we should ban problematic pokemon not problematic abilities (with a few exceptions but the fact that there are still discussions about the stag bans speaks for itself).

Competitive pokemon has a history of being able to show that the next best thing is just as broken as the previous, banned one, if the unhealthy mechanic is still intact. See: Shadow Tag Gothorita, Arena Trap Diglett and Baton Pass teams after various nerfs.

Moody Octillery is fundamentally unhealthy just like Glalie is and you can bet players will find a way to make that cancer spread in OU if Glalie is banned and Moody isn't.

Deleted User 229847

Banned deucer.
Competitive pokemon has a history of being able to show that the next best thing is just as broken as the previous, banned one, if the unhealthy mechanic is still intact. See: Shadow Tag Gothorita, Arena Trap Diglett and Baton Pass teams after various nerfs.

Moody Octillery is fundamentally unhealthy just like Glalie is and you can bet players will find a way to make that cancer spread in OU if Glalie is banned and Moody isn't.
I think preserving diversity should be a core value of our balancing policy. I have not seen any argument about remoraid octilerry and the other little shit as being broken or uncompetitive. We are also talking about only 4 pokemon, after all.

Moody is problematic but there’s a certain threshold after which the pokemon is not worth running at all. Why should we ban them? It makes no sense.

Kingler is by far not the best Pokemon to be used in OU. Its G-Max form turns Max Geyser into G-Max Foamburst which lowers the opponents Speed by 2 Stages. This allows Kingler to outspeed in the next turn.

This is the best set i came up with:

Kingler-Gmax @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Stomping Tantrum

Any Suggestions?

Kingler is by far not the best Pokemon to be used in OU. Its G-Max form turns Max Geyser into G-Max Foamburst which lowers the opponents Speed by 2 Stages. This allows Kingler to outspeed in the next turn.

This is the best set i came up with:

Kingler-Gmax @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Stomping Tantrum

Any Suggestions?
Don't think it's that interesting ultimately since it doesn't provide Kingler with momentum past the target it kills with it, if it even does.
What's the scenario you use this in? I can't really imagine any where Gyarados or Dracovish wouldn't do a better job.

I disagree with the notion that unbanning Moody was a mistake. The clearest reason it was banned in the first place, the evasion boost, was removed. So obviously it should be up for reevaluation.
That is not to say that i think it shouldn't be banned again, I'm currently neutral on that topic. But that would be a new ban for a new reason. And even if that ban does come to pass, that still won't make the previous unbanning any less the right course of action.

I personally don't think it being predictable is a problem, there is nothing a dynamax mon can do if you use dive/ex, they cant swap out to punish you without wasting dynamax and basically just have to press the button again. its never been a problem to have one move or even an entire mon to counter a single metagame staple, and any pokemon can potentially dynamax so your gonna be fighting dynamax pokemon just as, if not more often. i can understand the hesitancy to use these moves (cus lets face it the moves are bad) but we have seen bad pokemon raise to counter good things, I don't think we should write this off completely.
I could see this potentially being a valid point if dive/fly were actually surefire answers to dynamax, but they're not at all. It will let you dodge for 1 turn, but there are 3 turns. Bringing tangrowth to every game basically ensures zygarde won't make progress, but using dive on a boosted DMax pokemon is delaying the inevitable at best. And the community still decided being forced to use tangrowth/bulu on every team was too much restriction. Also why would your weak ass dive force out a mon with double HP? Who switches out on that instead of just letting you burn the turn then going back to boosting/killing? Please stop pretending dive is the answer to dynamax.

I disagree with the notion that unbanning Moody was a mistake. The clearest reason it was banned in the first place, the evasion boost, was removed. So obviously it should be up for reevaluation.
That is not to say that i think it shouldn't be banned again, I'm currently neutral on that topic. But that would be a new ban for a new reason. And even if that ban does come to pass, that still won't make the previous unbanning any less the right course of action.

Well for the other side against Moody. Its similar to why Swagger was banned in Gen VI. Due to combined with Prankster ability is was basically creating 50/50 chance situations and trying to intentionally abuse the RNG system to win.
It was far from the most broken move or strategy yes, but it kinda went against the competitive mindset and meta this site that tries to build educe RNG factors and winning by "luck" as much as possible.

Even with Moody no longer effecting evasion, its still pretty much a strategy that will depend if the RNG gods favor you

Last edited:
How are more defensively-oriented teams trying to cover LO Clefable right now?

We’ve got other great wallbreakers like Dracovish and G-Darm already giving these squads enough problems on their own but they generally need a specific amount of support to truly break every wall in the tier safely and can eventually get worn down significantly through passive damage; this is FAR from the case for LO Clefable, who trades a lot of immediate power and an overall better Speed tier for a MUCH better defensive typing than Darm, a MUCH better set of coverage options than Dracovish, access to reliable recovery (this’ll only get scarier once Soft-Boiled Clefable comes back with Home’s release), and an ability that prevents it from getting worn down by hazards, status, and Life Orb all at once. Steel-type and Poison-type moves are incredibly uncommon at the moment and as a result even a Clef with relatively little defensive investment is able to eat up a shocking amount of damage.

This will become an even bigger issue once Dynamaxing is banned since that will drastically reduce the number of things that can both OHKO Clefable and dodge an OHKO in return; Clefable already does a lot of work against archetypes that see relatively limited benefit from Dynamaxing such as Balance and Stall and after the Dynamax ban it'll be able to almost always force a KO against offensive teams too.

I don't really see any reason why the current moody should be banned long term; I've been using it quite a bit to get a feel on it and most of what I'm seeing at the moment as for the cause of it being usable at all is that freeze dry is very good against a lot of the common dynamax/darm/dracovish counters. And even then it absolutely drops to a lot of really common mons as long as you don't allow it to get 4-5 boosts. I think it will end up being pretty trash once the strain from having dynamax and so many broken breakers in the tier all at once is relieved.

edit: Also as far as RNG is concerned, it only really matters for the first couple of boosts. the ability is actually extremely consistent in outcome due to the nature of +2/-1. Glalie/Octillery will always be consistently gaining a large amount of stat boosts spread mostly equally across its stats. I can do the math and post it to show this.

I am confused as to why the usage percentage matters as much when you can always use UU and lower mons in OU. Yes those 6 are between 4.52% and 3.41% in terms of usage, but if they work fine in the OU meta then why are you letting that stop you from using them? Because they aren’t ranked as OU?
Tangential but the pool of sub-OU mons that were viable was obviously larger in previous gens as well. Mons like Zapdos, Terrakion and Suicune have always been good mons, just maybe not great depending on the meta; now they're all gone and SwSh doesn't even have a legendary trio because they couldn't be bothered I guess? I dunno man, the small dex energy was really driven home by a game I had last night where my opponent and I shared four of the same mons. It's not even been a month and I'm finding it's getting super repetitive; filtering by "Rapid Spin" or "Defog" or "Steel" in the teambuilder makes it clear how few viable options we actually have.

Unironically missing Lando in 2019.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Moody was unbanned because it no longer fucks with Evasion but at the end of the day it's still an entirely luck based ability that requires virtually no skill to use and adds more bullshit luck elements to games. I get that Smogon is all about trying to give players as much to work with as possible without ruining the integrity or competitiveness of the game, but I still feel like in a way Moody is exactly that without even needing to boost Evasion. It's not nearly as stupid, but it's still a strategy that relies entirely on stalling for as long as possible with Sub/Protect/Disable in order to hopefully eventually get the boosts you need to sweep. If our mission is to make the game as competitive as possible, I don't understand why unbanning something that is still extremely luck based just because "it's not as bad now" is any justification. Just keep that shit out. Anyone who uses it isn't trying to win skillfully anyway they just want cheap wins by clicking buttons and hoping for the best, so what exactly was gained by unbanning this exactly? If this does end up getting suspected it's just going to waste time that could have been used elsewhere.

You can agree or disagree with me but at the end of the day I personally think anything that adds nothing positive to the meta and relies pretty much entirely on luck has no place in a competitive scene, whether it's deemed "broken" or not.

Last edited:
Moody was unbanned because it no longer fucks with Evasion but at the end of the day it's still an entirely luck based ability that requires virtually no skill to use and adds more bullshit luck elements to games. I get that Smogon is all about trying to give players as much to work with as possible without ruining the integrity or competitiveness of the game, but I still feel like in a way Moody is exactly that without even needing to boost Evasion. It's not nearly as stupid, but it's still a strategy that relies entirely on stalling for as long as possible with Sub/Protect/Disable in order to eventually get the boosts you need to sweep. If our mission is to make the game as competitive as possible, I don't understand why unbanning something that is still extremely luck based just because "it's not as bad now" is any justification. Just keep that shit out. Anyone who uses it isn't trying to win skillfully anyway they just want free cheap wins by clicking buttons and hoping for the best, so what exactly was gained by unbanning this exactly? If this does end up getting suspected it's just going to waste time that could have been used elsewhere.
I don't entirely agree that there isn't any skill/prediction involved in using said Glalie set, it does at least require prediction to get onto the field safely in a situation where it doesn't immediately get blown up 1-2 turns later. I think most of the problem atm is that it feels extremely bad to lose to; Not necessarily that it's too strong or easily scores 'free cheap wins', because I would say it definitely does not. I'm not sure that our banning philosophy should be based on what feels bad to lose to.

We’ve got other great wallbreakers like Dracovish and G-Darm already giving these squads enough problems on their own but they generally need a specific amount of support to truly break every wall in the tier safely and can eventually get worn down significantly through passive damage; this is FAR from the case for LO Clefable, who trades a lot of immediate power and an overall better Speed tier for a MUCH better defensive typing than Darm, a MUCH better set of coverage options than Dracovish, access to reliable recovery (this’ll only get scarier once Soft-Boiled Clefable comes back with Home’s release), and an ability that prevents it from getting worn down by hazards, status, and Life Orb all at once. Steel-type and Poison-type moves are incredibly uncommon at the moment and as a result even a Clef with relatively little defensive investment is able to eat up a shocking amount of damage.

This will become an even bigger issue once Dynamaxing is banned since that will drastically reduce the number of things that can both OHKO Clefable and dodge an OHKO in return; Clefable already does a lot of work against archetypes that see relatively limited benefit from Dynamaxing such as Balance and Stall and after the Dynamax ban it'll be able to almost always force a KO against offensive teams too.
I dont think it will become an even bigger issue after a potential dynamax ban, but less of an issue, since dynamax removed would reduce the offensive pressure, so it would be easier to fit an clefable counter/check (sdf gastrodon, duty boots arcanine, avest goodra w/ sludge wave, sylveon, mew, sdef hippowdon, sdef reuniclus, snorlax, np torom-h, hdb-chandelure, Toxtricity, Gengar) into a team.

Last edited:
Pyukumunku
Im not sure it does, if its running sub, it wont be able to do anything. I feel like gen 8 is going to make a lot of people quit playing comp altogether. To me it feels like there is no strategy of countering some things in this gen. It feels like you just get rewarded for playing the most brainless way possible with no fear of getting countered. Maybe in the next few months can change that, but I doubt it.

Life Orb Clefable is undeniably amazing, and I've noticed that some people have struggled to deal with it a lot, so I'd like to dedicate this post to checking and countering Life Orb Clefable. Also, I think Clefable would be worse without Dynamax because a huge part of why I like it so much is that it can Dynamax in response to basically anything and beat it defensively, such as Gyarados for example, but that's something for another time. Now, onto some counterplay to Clefable.

I want to talk about this first because I don't think it's recognized enough by people when facing Life Orb Clefable, and while it's definitely not good counterplay to crutch on by any means, I've found that a lot of Clefable that tend to be slower than Mandibuzz. This in my experience actually enables quite a lot of counterplay, as Mandibuzz can comfortably use Knock Off against Clefable provided that they are slower. A Clefable without Life Orb, is quite weak; without it, Pokemon such as Corviknight and your own Life Orb Clefable turn into relatively solid checks to it.

Another very notable check is specially defensive Clefable. Being able to check Dragapult, Clefable, and Hydreigon in one slot is of great value for a lot of bulkier teams, giving specially defensive Clefable a solid place on those teams. Besides that, Clefable is one of the few Pokemon with access to Wish, which can give you an upperhand if your team is slowly being worn down by Life Orb Clefable.

Rotom-H is another Pokemon that I don't think is looked at enough. It's a Choice Scarf user that provides great utility and can switch into Life Orb Clefable atleast 3 times, provided that Stealth Rock are not up, and can force it out with the threat of Thunder Wave and Trick. Beyond that, I've also seen some people run RestTalk Rotom-H, which can consistently switch into Life Orb Clefable throughout games, and is often able to make progress thanks to Volt Switch.

Over the past week or so, I've also seen people try to adapt to Life Orb Clefable with specially defensive Gastrodon and Hippowdon. They're generally solid checks, but if Clefable were to Dynamax, they can be overwhelmed pretty well in my experience. Besides checking Life Orb Clefable, Gastrodon and Hippowdon can also provide you with some other utility. Gastrodon's the most consistent check to Dracovish, and being able to wall out Rotom-H and Rotom-W is of great value right now. Hippowdon can also provide teams with a Stealth Rock setter and it's a pretty decent check to Dracozolt as well.

The Pokemon that I've mentioned so far are defensively-oriented ways of checking Life Orb Clefable. I'd also like to point out some Pokemon that are good, more offensively-oriented checks to Clefable, although you have to keep in mind that Clefable can beat most of them through Dynamaxing in a one-on-one.

Although it can't switch into Clefable consistently because of the threat of Flamethrower, Excadrill is able to take every other move very well and it can often be devastating to deal with if it gets in safely against Pokemon like Clefable.

Although they're quickly worn down by Clefable, Gengar, Toxtricity, and Cinderace can switch into Clefable atleast once or twice in a match, and similarly to Excadrill, they can be super hard to deal with if they're granted the opportunity. I'd also like to shoutout the person that's running Assault Vest Toxtricity purely to check Clefable and opposing Toxtricity.

I hope this post serves as a good way for people to look into checking Life Orb Clefable. Of course, if you have anything to add onto my post that you think I missed, I, and I'm sure most other people too, would love to hear about it!

TPP came up with RestTalk SpDef Centiskorch which answers LO Clefable forever (even CM variants!) and is actually pretty nice. The combo of Knock Off + Fire Lash is great because either move is pretty good to pull with Sleep Talk, especially since 1) Knock Off has way less distribution now and 2) Fire Lash's defense drop makes it easier for any physical threat you send next to force out Clefable (or whatever else you're facing).

It also handles Specs Dragapult pretty well; SubDisable Dragapult also can't do anything since Centiskorch gets boosted from Wisp with Flash Fire and even in the worst case scenario (last mon situations), Centiskorch can PP stall that Dragapult set. Galarian Corsola hates it as well since Fire Lash counters the attack drop of Strength Sap (since Centi's attack drops, G-Corsola heals less and less, but the damage taken will remain the same with the defense drop), Knock Off is obvious bad news, and Night Shade is a 5HKO since Centiskorch has 404 HP.

Yea, Centiskorch needs hazard removal if the Boots are knocked off, but Bug/Fire with good special bulk (100/90) and Flash Fire is actually really solid in many ways.

Centiskorch @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Fire Lash
- Knock Off

I came up with this earlier and the Centiskorch work in progress analysis has it too. The general purpose was to find a solid answer for Life Orb Clefable, who is currently very strong. Flash Fire means you are safe against Flamethrower from Clefable and Dragapult, and leaves Clefable to rely on Thunderbolt to do the most damage to you (does 26% max).

While calculating the EV spread, I considered tanking Shadow Ball + Shadow Ball if the first one got a Special Defense drop from Specs Dragapult. A Modest Dragapult with 2 max rolls and 1 special defense drop can still KO, but at that point, you can say your opponent got lucky. 252 HP was needed to avoid the 2HKO From Modest Draco Meteor. 2 Draco's do 403 damage total, and 252 HP gives you a total of 404 HP. Normally you would go 248 HP, but because boots ignores rocks, you can go ahead and run 252 HP EV's. Speed hits 171 to outspeed uninvested Corviknight.

Last edited:

Scarfire

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Hey everyone, wanted to make a post about all the sets I have seen running around OU so far. I only compiled what I've seen actually work, and only pokemon actually in the OU tier.

https://pokepast.es/eba1751cde06a8d5

This is only what I've gathered from my limited playing experience in OU and watching replays. I wanted to hear/know about any other sets people have ran into, whether its with these same mons, or ones not actually in the OU tier atm. (While making this post I realized hippo was one I didnt add. Its not OU by tiering but I have definitely seen it lots).

Scribble

formerly Dartrix - Joker
is a Contributor to Smogon
https://pokepast.es/da5280c29766e344

Just got reqs mainly using this cursed team

Shoutouts to Vengeance417 for the Mew set. I can confirm this set is absolutely terrifying when Dynamaxed. A lot of times it's an autowin if you get an SD up and then Max Airstream cause you outspeed scarf Darm and Hydreigon and there's not much else faster at that point. I put on Leftovers cause I wanted some sustain with Mew's good natural bulk, but between the two berries I'd pick Colbur so Bisharp's Sucker Punch won't kill you before you get Psychic Terrain up. Abuse this set while you can

Speaking of abusing stuff while you can, try out Moody Glalie and realize how stupid it is. It's RNG dependent but if you get good luck you can win battles you had no right to win in the first place. It's not completely skilless cause getting Glalie rolling can be tough, but the reward is so good. I'd hesitate to call it broken, but the argument for adding uncompetitive RNG to the game is certainly there, and I wouldn't lose any sleep if Moody goes back to being banned.

So overall just wanted to say Mew and Glalie are both good right now, especially the former. If more people knew about Mew's ridiculous new movepool it'd definitely be OU, and I think it's a better Dynamax abuser than some OU ones like Hawlucha.

Flareon @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Flare Blitz
- Yawn

Not mine , works well , WoW , lava plume are ok too

Kinda want to amend my previous post a little... Moody Glailie isn't banworthy, or at least I don't believe it is. It isn't the completely random luck-based threat that it might seem to be. Depending on what it runs it is beaten by specific things (unless the Glailie user gets really lucky), and to me, it's just another threat that has its own checks and counters and ways of managing, as unconventional as it may be.

Whether or not those checks and counters are consistent enough and find their way on teams easily enough for it to not be overpowering remains to be seen, but if it's broken, it's because of how effective it is, not because of how luck-based and random it is, imo.

Kinda want to amend my previous post a little... Moody Glailie isn't banworthy, or at least I don't believe it is. It isn't the completely random luck-based threat that it might seem to be. Depending on what it runs it is beaten by specific things (unless the Glailie user gets really lucky), and to me, it's just another threat that has its own checks and counters and ways of managing, as unconventional as it may be.

Whether or not those checks and counters are consistent enough and find their way on teams easily enough for it to not be overpowering remains to be seen, but if it's broken, it's because of how effective it is, not because of how luck-based and random it is, imo.
These checks are counters are purely situational. Normally G-Darm is a perfectly reasonable revenge killer. But now at +6 in Spa and Spe plus a decent def investment there's no way gdarm is surviving. Similarly, said check and counters are never consistent enough, and a battle of whatever skill is left while Dynamaxing is still here is turned into a battle of lucky rolls.
On a different note, I wanted to Centiskorch, especially Centiskorch-Gmax while it lasts.
:centiskorch: :centiskorch-gmax:
Centiskorch-Gmax @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Fire Lash
- Leech Life
- Power Whip

This thing is so good in sun it's unbelievable. You'd want to switch it into something that forces opponent out and use Coil.
At +1 nothing can OHKO you and you have the tools the OHKO back.
(note it summons grassy terrain so I will post two calcs one with grassy terrain one without
252 Atk Choice Band Darmanitan-Galar Earthquake vs. +1 236 HP / 0 Def Centiskorch-Gmax: 164-193 (41 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Darmanitan-Galar Icicle Crash vs. +1 236 HP / 0 Def Centiskorch-Gmax: 104-123 (26 - 30.7%) -- 2.7% chance to 4HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
+1 252+ Atk Centiskorch-Gmax Fire Lash vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Darmanitan-Galar: 632-746 (180 - 212.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
In fact, after SR it can very well kill a dynamaxed GDarm
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Centiskorch-Gmax: 178-211 (44.5 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
+1 252+ Atk Centiskorch-Gmax Fire Lash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 125-147 (39.4 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed KO over two turns after Stealth Rock and Grassy Terrain recovery
+2 252+ Atk Centiskorch-Gmax Leech Life vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dracozolt: 288-339 (89.7 - 105.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Grassy Terrain recovery
+2 252+ Atk Flash Fire Centiskorch-Gmax G-Max Centiferno vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dracozolt: 349-411 (108.7 - 128%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Centiskorch-Gmax Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dracovish in Grassy Terrain: 395-465 (123 - 144.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

That being said, it has a multitude of problems such as struggling against sand and dracovish and rain. It also struggles to compete as a wallbreaker with others like Dracovish who can net incredible KO's. However, it is an excellent end-game cleaner because it can take any attack and dish it back twice as hard.
It's an excellent breaker and
Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume
- Will-O-Wisp

Leafeon @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Work Up
- Leaf Blade
- Solar Blade
- Weather Ball

Charizard @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast

Tyranitar @ Figy Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Growth
- Heat Wave
- Solar Blade
- Sucker Punch

Centiskorch-Gmax @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Fire Lash
- Leech Life
- Power Whip
's the team I've been using with it.
I know this post is neither complete nor does it fully capilitze on Centiskorch's benefits. But, just because I can't fully emphasize how good it is doesn't detract from it's value, and this is basically the new physical Volcarona.

These checks are counters are purely situational. Normally G-Darm is a perfectly reasonable revenge killer. But now at +6 in Spa and Spe plus a decent def investment there's no way gdarm is surviving.
That's a fair point but, even with Moody, there is no excuse for letting Glailie boost up that much. Even with perfect luck, it would take 6 turns for Glailie to get to that point, even accounting for Subsitute and Protect it should not happen.

edit: okay, with Speed boosts it *can* happen, and if there is something pushing Glailie into uncompetitive territory, it's that. but i still hold that it doesn't go against the spirit of competitive play like Minimize or Shadow Tag do, it would be more like Speed Boost Blaziken or Swift Swim in gen 5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)