Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

"Some maintenance has been announced for Pokémon HOME. On March 6th at 01:30 UTC to 08:00 UTC, the service will be inoperable. During this maintenance, they will fix a bug that if people completed the Pokédex before February 14th and received the glitch Magearna, they will now be eligible for the Original Color Magearna and it'll arrive in their Gift Box after the maintenance. Following that, in a future update, they will fix the problem where the Pokédex will not register as complete even if it is, and thus prevents people from receiving the Original Color Magearna glitch. "

~ Serebii

Take your bets now how many bug updates will Home have by the end of the year
Honestly, even tho it's memey how many bugs it has, I'm quite refreshed to see they're actively working at fixing them.

It might be ovepriced a f, but at least they're trying to keep it working :P

The real question is probably who at gamefreak made ita nd is responsible for its upkeep. I've a feeling it's probably not a lot of people, or at least those without a lot of overlap with the mainline games or even most side projects; I wouldn't be surprised if it was a comparative skeleton crew.

...kind of messed up a lot of phone apps & games dont seem to have credits, actually.

The quick responses have been nice to see, but it does make me feel like this was super rushed out for some reason. Guess that one-game-a-year thing is really catching up to Game Freak.
"The Pokemon App on your phone is not compatible with the Pokemon game on your phone!"
not yet anyhow, and with no ETA of when it'll be

If Pokemon Home wasn't rushed, then all of the programming staff at Gamefreak was killed and replaced by Dittos in 2016

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The reason pokes probably don't evolve is so people can get exactly what they ask for. Everyone wants a Duaclopa, not his fancier yet ill fated older brother. The phone also probably has so much more features to account for the lifespan of consoles, whereas phone data is basically eternal. No comment on those filters tho, would like to sift through some of more annoying stuff
They could add in a option: Allow Pokemon to evolve by being traded? (Y/N)

Actually, is there any way to send in suggestions in the HOME app? At this point, with all the problems customers are having with it, might as well set up a way for people to sent in complaints and suggestions so they could more easily know what they should have done in the first place.

Take your bets now how many bug updates will Home have by the end of the year
Let's go for a classic number: 151 (GF LOVES their Gen I so much).

If Pokemon Home wasn't rushed, then all of the programming staff at Gamefreak was killed and replaced by Dittos in 2016

You don't think a Pokemon who puts 100% into breeding wouldn't also put 100% of itself in programming a game if it got the skills to do so? Remember in USUM we saw many of the Ditto that transformed into people were actually still doing the job of the people they transformed into. At the very least they wouldn't rush the game out like the faulty humans.

You don't think a Pokemon who puts 100% into breeding wouldn't also put 100% of itself in programming a game if it got the skills to do so? Remember in USUM we saw many of the Ditto that transformed into people were actually still doing the job of the people they transformed into. At the very least they wouldn't rush the game out like the faulty humans.
The only way we'd know for sure if Game Freak has been replaced by doppelgangers is if they actually start making good decisions that extend beyond PvP.

Get a shiny Celebi and Zarude with your advanced movie ticket for Coco in Japan. Celebi is obtainable from April 17th and Zarude June 15th. Perhaps this means Isle of Armor will be out on June 15th..?

Since Zarude is not on the current version of the game, there are two possible scenarios involving its distribution.
-The Isle of Armor update is released on or before June 15th. Among the hundred of new Pokémon added, Zarude is here, waiting to be distributed.
-An update is pushed on June 15th just to add Zarude (similar to the update that added just Slowpoke) and then a second update for Isle of Armor is released shortly afterwards.

Considering that the movie premieres in July and they could pick just about any date for releasing the preordered movie ticket Zarude, the second scenario sounds quite inefficient, but then again Game Freak and inefficient methods go hand in hand.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I agree with you, though a part of me has kind of stopped to expect everything GameFreaks announces to be final at this point...

(I mean, even dexit was announced to be final, and yet, intentionally or as collateral response to the shitstorm, it was dexitconned)
Jokes aside if we start doubting everything gamefreaks says there is 0 reason to ever pay attention to them or anything in a news cycle because everything could be lies.

If Gamefreak is stupid enough to release less than the 200+ pokemon they advertised

well, they'd be guilty of false advertising, thus liable to pay refunds for their expansion pass, at least in some countries
more to the point it'd be yet another anti-consumer practice on their part

how many of this practices would it take for the general public to get feed up with Gamefreak? time will tell
one thing is certain, it would ensure that any future expansions (which let's be honest, are mostly purchased by hardcore customers) would be far less well received and far less purchased than this ones

If Gamefreak is stupid enough to release less than the 200+ pokemon they advertised

well, they'd be guilty of false advertising, thus liable to pay refunds for their expansion pass, at least in some countries
The fact they'd risk fake advertising accuses is what mostly holds up to believe them.

So far they haven't yet done any of this. They've done some misleading advertising occasionally but never straight up lied about what they're doing at least.

Jokes aside if we start doubting everything gamefreaks says there is 0 reason to ever pay attention to them or anything in a news cycle because everything could be lies.
I don't go on full doubt (as I say often, I don't think GameFreaks is malicious in any way in their design/marketing), but I tend to not expect them to be perfectly adhering to what they're saying after the Dexit case.

Let's say, glass half empty.

Even ignoring how easy it is to guess, the numbers debunk it. They say only 86 old pokemon, including galar forms, are coming back in the first part of the dlc despite stating in official materials its 100+
I had doubts that Game Freak might have meant 100 more Pokémon total in each expansion (included new species like Urshifu), so I went back to check official marketing material and it does explicitly use the words "familiar" and "returning", as well as clearly stating that each expansion will include more than exactly 100 familiar Pokémon. Then again, anyone can make a fake leak, and there is no reason to believe any of them, at least until they start to get multiple hard to guess details right.

how many of this practices would it take for the general public to get feed up with Gamefreak? time will tell
one thing is certain, it would ensure that any future expansions (which let's be honest, are mostly purchased by hardcore customers) would be far less well received and far less purchased than this ones
Let's not count our chicks (literally) before they hatch now.

Hasn't GF already done false advertising? They said that dexit was partially for new models of Pokemon, but Dataminers have proven that the models are reused.

Hasn't GF already done false advertising? They said that dexit was partially for new models of Pokemon, but Dataminers have proven that the models are reused.
That's not really false advertising though. They never advertised anything false, they just got asked the reason for a decision and said a *potentially* false one (as even if models are identical, in a way or another they have had to port them).

So far the only inconsistent official announcement was that Dexit was permanent, to go back and decide they were going to actually bring the Pokemon back anyway.
(albeith we don't know if *all* the pokemon will eventually return or not)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)