Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

Yeah, with how much they're keeping secret I'm going to try my best to not look at any information about the game once it's out. I tried to do that with SM and was mostly successful but curiosity got the better of me when I saw the Kotaku article about it... and accidentally spoiled myself with Mother Beast Lusamine (though only a quick glimpse, I saw I was challenging Lusamine and the splash image was a giant black Nihilego I immediately closed the window so didn't realize Lusamine was inside the Nihilego so was still a bit of a surprise when it happened).
I think i saw a youtube thumbnail with it. just means i'll be avoiding that as soon as i hear of any street day breaks. And if anything, there's just a couple of things I want to know about: Are there suits in the game, and if so are they male-only or can both genders wear them? Is there a Pink Plaid jacket, cus I'm tempted to steal Yurucamp's Nadeshiko's look. Due to Pokemon Camp being in the game.

Oh man being on youtube was the worst because people had spoilers on full throttle allll over.

Looking forward to people being pissed off at boss fight database yet again
That kind of stuff tends to be separated from the Pokemon info at least, so it shouldn't be too hard to avoid it.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I mean, if you're even using Youtube after the datamine leaks have dropped then that's really your problem if you don't want to be spoilered too bad.

I'm expecting consistently weeklyish news dumps (even if its just 30 second videos) from now until release, and we will be making a new forum in the next week or two, with some new threads and one I know you've all been waiting for. We will keep this thread (or a new one) for Non Spoiler Content, but if you go into the new forum, expect spoilers. We have no idea when a physical leak might happen, but I'm kinda guessing around the first week in November. Then we truly will be in the endgame.

We are now just 5 weeks away from launch. Hold on to your hats.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I really am curious to see if we get more frequent news. It seems obvious considering we'll soon be at the 30 days until launch mark, but then again it feels like for the past couple of months already I've been thinking "ok, NOW they're gonna accelerate update frequency" only for it to continue at the same rather sluggish pace.

Maybe things will keep up at the current rate overall, but I remain confident that we'll get one final bigger-than-normal news dump before release, possibly as a dedicated Pokemon direct.

Please excuse the double post but OH GOSH OH GEEZ
https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonSwordAndShield/comments/dgbomn

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Interesting info:
-James Turner was working on another project but got roped in while he was working on that into the SWSH team
-As director, his goal was to convey all the beautiful aspects of the UK in more depth than a postcard look
-For example, he was shown the original drafts of the signboards which were more fantasy/medieval themed at first. He wanted this to be changed to look more like actual UK signboards

This leads into something I've always wanted to complement about the recent games in general but have never found the right time to until now: Ever since the shift to 3D, the visual world-building has been outstanding. Kalos, Alola and now Galar are filled with memorable setpieces, tying back into the real-world places on a deeper level than most other games before them aside from maybe BW's Unova were able to accomplish. We can argue over SWSH's graphics for all eternity, but there is no denying the actual world that has been created, its intricacies and designs are awesome. I've never really cared what Pokemon regions are based on, but with how they've blown their interpretations of France, Hawaii and the UK out of the water I really wanna see an Africa/Italy-based region.

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-...utm_campaign=swordshield&utm_term=newfeatures

A small recap article of features we know, but 2 things caught my eye. One is in the Wild Area, the weather can change depending on your location or time of day in the area. But they also name fropped one of the weather conditions, thunderstorms. This will cause both water and electric types to gather more often and will also have electric terrain up from the get go. Reminds me a lot from a small system in FFXIII-2, makes me wonder what other mix match weathers will come up

Next one was Pokejobs, and i was sure if this was ever confirmed, but they do explicitly state that both EXP and Base stats can be gained from these jobs, so for the EV grind we may wanna pay attention to the higher yielding ones.

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-...utm_campaign=swordshield&utm_term=newfeatures

A small recap article of features we know, but 2 things caught my eye. One is in the Wild Area, the weather can change depending on your location or time of day in the area. But they also name fropped one of the weather conditions, thunderstorms. This will cause both water and electric types to gather more often and will also have electric terrain up from the get go. Reminds me a lot from a small system in FFXIII-2, makes me wonder what other mix match weathers will come up

Next one was Pokejobs, and i was sure if this was ever confirmed, but they do explicitly state that both EXP and Base stats can be gained from these jobs, so for the EV grind we may wanna pay attention to the higher yielding ones.
Electric Terrain AND Rain both set up during a thunderstorm.

... let's hope it's confined to the Wild Area.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
1570834202115.png

There's now a dedicated section about the Wild Area, and I noticed this screenshot. "A very strong-looking Vespiquen"

Oh, and also. That theory people had about being able to freely explore the entire Wild Area and encounter Pokemon beyond your current strength level? It might be coming true after all:

"In the Wild Area, there is a chance that you’ll run into powerful wild Pokémon! These Pokémon are constantly on their guard—in fact, you won’t even be able to throw a Poké Ball at them when first starting your adventure."

Whoever made that MGS stealth shitpost earlier, you're in luck! This sounds super cool while not letting you cheese the game!

View attachment 200405
There's now a dedicated section about the Wild Area, and I noticed this screenshot. "A very strong-looking Vespiquen"

Oh, and also. That theory people had about being able to freely explore the entire Wild Area and encounter Pokemon beyond your current strength level? It might be coming true after all:

"In the Wild Area, there is a chance that you’ll run into powerful wild Pokémon! These Pokémon are constantly on their guard—in fact, you won’t even be able to throw a Poké Ball at them when first starting your adventure."

Whoever made that MGS stealth shitpost earlier, you're in luck! This sounds super cool while not letting you cheese the game!

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
View attachment 200405

Just saying, we've known this since June, I believe it was actually shown in the gameplay demo with a higher leveled wild Machoke while a bunch of lower leveled Machop were walking in the same area.

e: the same goes for thunderstorms incidentally

e2: here's a link to when it came up: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...discussion-rd-15-11-2019.3647645/post-8154369

Last edited:
Oh here's a fun little idea! Since the weather will be changing a bunch which will also affect pokemon spawns in the wild area, which weathers would be the most optimal for an in game team farm?

Assuming sunny raises fire and grass spawns, rain increases water, hail increases ice and sand increases rock and ground.

I wanna know how this interacts with the inevitable level 100 legendaries they'll distribute

A few things updated according to serebii:
First, Corocoro, according to the cover will have a guidebook of sorts to the games, including a map of the wild area (which was shown on the cover)
0839AA9C-F9F1-453D-8E55-ED1F37EE4161.jpeg

Second: The Pokemon Secret Club uploaded a video of the first town. It looks to be the same thing used for the Gamescom footage but has what is probably the starting town theme (which is kinda generic sounding imo)

Zneon

uh oh
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
View attachment 200405

I have a feeling that it is probs going to be something similar to omniboosting in S&M, like all the stats, or just a single stat of the mon will be raised or something, or it might just be a much higher level

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)