Terrakion

Tyranitar will earthquake off the bat all the time now, cause if that comes in on crunch and uses rock polish, you'd better hope you have scizor, breloom and/or azumarill on your team. Even then, you have to hope it's used close combat or has already suffered life orb recoil.
Thank God I always run Scizor. And Superpower Tyranitar. But this thing would be a great addition against said users as well.

This thing will do so much damage after switching in on a Dark type move and Swords Dancing up.

This guy is actually built extremely well to be a Choice Bander- immunity to sandstorm (gets a boost in fact), resists Stealth Rock, great attack, high speed, decent bulk, and resistances to Bug, Dark (gets a boost in attack), Fire, Normal, Poison, and Rock.

Assuming 252 Atk, Choice Band, Jolly nature

Close Combat vs.
252/240+ Skarmory: 50.3% - 59.3%
252/152+ Hippowdon: 48.6% - 57.1%
252/252+ Suicune: 47.5% - 55.9%
240/216+ Swampert: 57.9% - 68.3%
248/228+ Zapdos: 31.1% - 36.8%

Stone Edge vs.
252/220+ Celebi: 44.6% - 52.7%
252/4 Gliscor: 56.5% - 66.7%
156/96 Gyarados (after Intimidate): 95.7% - 112.4%
248/228+ Zapdos: 103.9% - 122.7%

If Lucario decides to switch into Stone Edge, who cares? Revenge kill it later as even a +6 Extremespeed does 74.4% - 87.7%. Close Combat / Stone Edge / Earthquake / X-Scissor might work.

Whatever set you're running, your opponent better watch out.

If Lucario decides to switch into Stone Edge, who cares? Revenge kill it later as even a +6 Extremespeed does 74.4% - 87.7%. Close Combat / Stone Edge / Earthquake / X-Scissor might work.

Whatever set you're running, your opponent better watch out.
What about Nasty Plot Lucario? How much does Vacuum Wave do?

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Pentao said:
What about Nasty Plot Lucario? How much does Vacuum Wave do?
Vacuum Wave does 93.5% - 110.2%, assuming Lucario is Modest with a Nasty Plot boost and a Life Orb.

63.2% - 74.3% in Sandstorm. Proving Terakion does need a bit of Storm support.

This is a scary pokemon, but it is shut down with ease by one of my favorites of this gen: Goruggo. I've run into it a couple of times, and between it's weakness to EQ and D-Punch, the massive damage it does to itself with confusion and it's inability to hit Goruggo enough to scare it off, he seems to be the best counter. That being said, Terakion doesn't have much to fear from most anybody else. Top of the line sweeper.

The biggest problem here is his weakness to priority moves. Mach Punch/Wave, Bullet Punch, and Aqua Jet all hit super effectively. Ice shard is neutral, and only Extreme Speed /Quick Attack are resisted (and sucker punch of course, but I would hope no one would do that). His natural bulk and high speed (allowing for more bulk on Rock Polish sets) help with this problem somewhat, however, this weakness will seriously hamper his ability to use life orb or run sweeping sets.

Everything else about this guy is golden. If you can bring him in and dont see the right kind of priority, he's going to do a ton of damage.

Has anyone run the calcs to see how much adamant CB scisor does to him?

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Has anyone run the calcs to see how much adamant CB scisor does to him?
CB Bullet Punch vs 4/0 Terakion = 109% - 128%
CB Bullet Punch vs 252/0 Terakion = 91% - 107% (79% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)
CB Azumarill Aqua Jet vs 4/0 Terakion = 81% - 96% (8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)

I've actually had fantastic success running a double dance set with Balloon.

Terakion @Balloon
Adamant, 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Rock Polish
-Swords Dance

Running 204 speed allows you to outspeed Jolly Doryuuzu in the sand after a Rock Polish, and the Balloon ensures that you can always set up that Rock Polish safely (barring Rock Slide flinch). The extra 4 EVs in speed let you outrun unboosted Adamant Garchomp. I know that's pretty much non-existent, but it can't hurt. Max Atk is obvious, rest goes in HP. The benefits of running both boosts have already been listed well enough in this thread, though I don't think enough praise has been given.

Seriously, Balloon Terakion gets a RIDICULOUS number of opportunities to set up. Ground immune along with Rock/Fire/Bug/Dark resistance is simply amazing. Doryuuzu is the primary set-up target, though anything that relies largely on Earthquake is fodder too, like Hippowdon, Gliscor, etc. Then there's Tyranitar, Landlos, Shandera... The list just keeps on going.

OK, this guy has been amazing. Amazing typing for offense. I find that it's difficult to sweep woth swords dance though; priority, stone edge misses, and lack of major resistances outside of dark (lots of t-tar are running earthquake so that barely counts anyway) means it's difficult to setup and sweep. I myself have just been running enough speed EVs to outspeed max speed jolly chomp (most chomp are scarf, but w/e) and close combat to revenge it, with substitute/close combat/stone edge/ stealth rock. Rocks are only there cause he's the only one on my team to learn them. (Well chompy, but rough skin is actually pretty awesome)
He's definatly one of the biggest threats right now, switches into t-tar/zapdos/blissey/etc, subs up, and rampages. Honetly, out of all the new pokemon i've used so far, he's the most effective.

I've tried running him Rock Polish, but it doesn't combo well with Close Combat, because you proceed to not kill something and die because you are at -2, which leads to other options, which leads to not killing things. Justice heart boosted Rock Polish is really helpful though, but obviously don't combo it with balloon. Amazing pokemon, though.

OK, this guy has been amazing. Amazing typing for offense. I find that it's difficult to sweep woth swords dance though; priority, stone edge misses, and lack of major resistances outside of dark (lots of t-tar are running earthquake so that barely counts anyway) means it's difficult to setup and sweep. I myself have just been running enough speed EVs to outspeed max speed jolly chomp (most chomp are scarf, but w/e) and close combat to revenge it, with substitute/close combat/stone edge/ stealth rock. Rocks are only there cause he's the only one on my team to learn them. (Well chompy, but rough skin is actually pretty awesome)
He's definatly one of the biggest threats right now, switches into t-tar/zapdos/blissey/etc, subs up, and rampages. Honetly, out of all the new pokemon i've used so far, he's the most effective.
Why are you using Stone Edge? Rock Slide is far superior, with more accuracy and a flinch chance.

Is stone edge actually necessary for 0HKOs on SD Terakion? I mean, it does have 129 Atk +2, and Rock Slide has both more accuracy and a flinch chance.

Off the top of my head, +2 Stone Edge nets the OHKO against Latios and the 2HKO against Gliscor. Unboosted Stone Edge also OHKOs Gengar (handy if you're running RP+SD) and most flying pokemon. I'm sure there's a lot more examples where you'd want the extra power, but even those examples are already enough reason for me.

Exactly. You don't want your set-up sweeper missing, ever. It's like people running Focus Blast on their leads, and raging when it misses.

I've tried running him Rock Polish, but it doesn't combo well with Close Combat, because you proceed to not kill something and die because you are at -2, which leads to other options, which leads to not killing things. Justice heart boosted Rock Polish is really helpful though, but obviously don't combo it with balloon. Amazing pokemon, though.
If you're using Rock Polish and not OHKOing things, you're bringing out Terakion too early in the match. If you need the extra power to break walls, you should be Swords Dancing instead. This is why I really like the double dance set.

I also think SD+Taunt deserves special mention for its stallbreaking abilities, particularly with Balloon. SD+two attacks will 2HKO all the common physical walls except Goruugu, while Taunt stops anything that tries to recover or phaze you out. It works extremely similar to DPP Gliscor, but with better power and speed instead of recovery, which frankly, it doesn't really need in most scenarios.

+2 Terakion 0HKO's Latias with Rock Slide and Life Orb, and 2HKO's Gliscor with Rock Slide, has a chance with Life Orb, and OHKOs with Life Orb Stone Edge.

Life Orb Rock Slide is just marginally weaker than unboosted Stone Edge (97.5 vs 100), so there's definitely an argument for it. For what it's worth, rolling average damage on LO Rock Slide will leave 4/0 Latios with exactly 1 HP left, and Latios has a small chance of surviving it even after Sandstream damage. That's such a minuscule point though, it's hardly worth arguing.

I still prefer Balloon over Life Orb for much easier set-up though, which I'd argue is worth a 10% accuracy drop. There's reasonable arguments for Chople/Babiri/Passho too, seeing as how priority will always be Terakion's biggest problem.

Agreed, I'm just saying, that I haven't seen a Pokemon that needs to be hit with stone edge. Also, Balloon doesn't stack well with Justice Heart.

I don't see any problem using Balloon with Justice Heart. Justice Heart is one of those abilities like Steadfast or Static; it's always nice to know it's there, but you don't RELY on it as your primary strategy. I'd much rather switch in on Hippowdon/Gliscor/Doryuuzu worry-free than get a +1 from a Choice-locked Tyranitar. If you really want that Atk boost, run Swords Dance.

I think Chople Berry is a possible item choice, since the main priority users are those with Mach Punch, and Scizor/Azumarill aren't used more than all these guys so Babiri/Passho Berry aren't as worth it.

Ofc not its a pretty good idea it just wouldn't be that useful running it on a bulky set (he isnt that bulky that he will ever get 2 boosts, unless you opponent wants too loose^^).

For a fully offensive Set with LO and CC its one of his best options since as you said he seems to be made for sets like this getting the perfect stats and stab.
the main reason having both is beneficial is because it allows him to adapt to different teams. stall? sd. offence? rock polish. that versitality is important, and IMHO much better than another coverage move. rp + sd is easily the best set ive tested for terakion. its too good.

I've been using the Swords Dance Life Orb set on Pokemon Online (Swords Dance/CC/Stone Edge/Taunt). The main problem in Dream World is Eccentric Ditto revenge killing you or switching in on the SD. Otherwise, Doryuzu in sand can switch in on SD or Stone Edge and KO with Earthquake. Of course Scizor and Breloom pose problems, but they've been less common since everyone wants to use the new Pokemon atm... Standard Hippowdon can easily be KO'd after Swords Dance and Stealth Rock (even with a Jolly Nature), and Skarm is the same. Some other Pokemon pose problems, though, like Burungeru (Ghost/Water) being able to survive +2 Stone Edge.

I've tried rp/sd, and it's damn good. Only problem is even though he has good resistances, he's also got terrrrible weaknesses, which makes setting up on anything besides choice users really difficult :( or if you're using balloon, but I don't think the power loss is worth it. I haven't built a team specifically around this badass yet though.

The team I am using is based around another sweeper, but in this team scarfterakion is a BEAST, ironically sweeping more than my main sweeper. 120 base damage 100% accuracy close combat is just SO broken, and unlike every other scarfer out there terakion doesn't get owned by trappers. He's a LOT like scarftran in gen4 where you constantly switch in and just f&#$ stuff up. This also works because all those priority users get trapped hard by shandera so later you can CC without worry

What about Shuca Berry? I'm not sure what the calculation for a Dory EQ against it would be, but you'd be able to take advantage of Justice Heart without neutering yourself later on a resisted switch in.

not sure if this has already been posted, but have you heard about the Terakion triple battle strategy? Put terakion in the center, use helping hand on one side, and then use beat up on terakion to fire off a +6 att rock slide. LOOOOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)