Votes: 32 20.8%
  • Within the next week

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • Within the next month

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Eventually

Votes: 82 53.2%

• Total voters
Our long awaited love is finally (almost) here. Everyone knows that Morrowind was great and Oblivion needs no introduction, and after 6 years, it's time for Skyrim. Right now people are getting ready for midnight releases and I'll head out into the cold in a few hours (making sure I get a good spot in line).

So discuss Skyrim, discuss the midnight release, and all that is Skyrim Day (known to others as Veterans Day)

As it turns out, my midnight release was quite uneventful and ultimately was just a matter of receiving or stealing the store's promotional items. But, on to Skyrim: It's amazing. While maintaining the Elder Scrolls feel, it's completely revamped and improved, and also has a good amount of similarities to Fallout 3. I have recognized a few prominent voice actors so far which is something Oblivion definitely couldn't offer, and the music is on par with the great soundtrack from Elder Scrolls IV

I spent a few pounds paying for first class delivery from amazon in the vain hope it would come early, as it has with a few other games. No skyrim today.
Incredibly excited for this game, from what I've seen it is already much better than oblivion, the menus look much much nicer, and no more fucking oblivion gates, which were probably my least favourite part of the last game.
Goodbye social life

No money to purchase it yet, but my next check might miraculously disappear into the hands of a GameStop employee...I have been waiting so long for this game, can't believe it's going to finally be here.

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Where is the option for already pirated it?.
And I seriously hope everyone ITT is getting it for PC.

I am currently waiting for the train home, with a copy of the game in my hands. I'm not going to play it until Monday though, since I only bought it as a favour to my brother, so I can only play it when he's at school.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
♪Holy shit, what is this?
Forged in God's very flames.

Do mine eyes tell me lies,
A new Elder Scrolls Game?

Time is nigh, I must fly,
Venture forth on my quest.

Goodbye Ma, goodbye Pa
And goodbye Girlfriend's breasts.

I'll be off Azeroth, catch you later Hyrule.
I'll be gone Albion, I'm no longer your fool.

Other crap filled the gap
While I waited to begin...

The adventure of my life
in the land of Skyrim! ♪

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Where is the option for already pirated it?.
And I seriously hope everyone ITT is getting it for PC.
The fuck would I want to be hunched over a computer playing a single player game for? COUCH + PLAY WITH THUMBS = best.

This isn't an FPS where were are actually control issues.

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
The fuck would I want to be hunched over a computer playing a single player game for? COUCH + PLAY WITH THUMBS = best.

This isn't an FPS where were are actually control issues.
you realize, of course, that a pc can be hooked up to a TV with a simple HDMI cable? and you can use controllers on a PC if you feel so inclined? anyways, PC version got mods and better graphics (if you've got the hardware). mods alone are an incredible boon. if you can, you should be buying on the PC.

me, i'm torn. Bethesda games are always buggy as shit when they come out. i dunno if it's worth it to put down money now rather than to wait a few months for the bugs and glitches to be fixed (either officially or with fan-made mods).

edit: caved pretty quick. had some Steam credit that i wasn't gonna use (also fuck steam for being compromised; i will never save a credit card online again note to self) so got it for $42. bugs will be fixed. a shame i gotta go to work tomorrow, but i'll try it out for 15 or so minutes...

Razor released an update at leak that fixed most of the minor problems and i actually havent encountered a single one yet apart from not being able to rotate items in the inventory screen (though this may be an anti piracy thing)

there's a first time for everything i guess

and yeah this runs beautifully on 1 GB of VRAM, i have it hooked up to my projector at 800x600 (the native; the menus are still great resolution) and everything on high and i get no less than 50 FPS

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
I have waited 5 long years to play this. I already pre-loaded it on Steam, I will be sure to play it at Midnight the moment it is officially released.

Pre-loading it on steam now (let's hope wine isnt glitchy / my mac is powerful enough to run this) but dumb school internet is slow so I won't be able to play this until after class tomorrow. Hyped about it for some reason, I really can't explain why.

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
this is what i get for buying Bethesda games at launch.

game will not work. crashes on startup every time.

edit: for anyone that has future troubles, it's the sound quality. didn't like what i was using, adjusted to 24bit, 96khz

I like how the poll doesn't include an option for people that aren't gonna get it. That's a nice touch.
You know why? Because nobody should not be getting it unless they don't have a video gaming system or are blind. Actually, fuck being blind. I might even get the damn game and wait for friends to help me through it because it's just that badass!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)