Votes: 23 14.9%
  • Within the next month

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Eventually

Votes: 82 53.2%

• Total voters

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
lol alan i dont think you know how to play the game maybe???

the whole point of the new class system, ie no classes is that you don't have to level everything in order to progress; you can play however you choose

i also think you've confused attributes for skills; strength was an attribute and acrobatics was a skill, but it was really awful because it levelled all the time just with jumping or running. once you realised that you had to be really careful abotu how you moved around in a way that made gameplay suffer if you wanted your character to scale adequately with the mobs

the class overhaul is the best thing that has happened to tes like, hands down

as for the map i just

idk man ijdec haha

i am like not fast travelling at all for the sake of immersion etc, and also because travelling on foot in this game is just so fucking excellent

oh look its a blizzard

oh fuck its a troll

oh check it out a bandit camp lets go clear it out

oh funck its a necromancer or some shit practicing on chickens what an INDiot!!

oh fuk a dragon abwai;whd aaaaa

Spent several hundred hours on Oblivion, and heavily modded the game with OOO/MMM/RBP. Don't have Skyrim yet, but will definitely pick it up after playing it for a few hours.

I was a bit disappointed that Bethesda didn't differentiate the races very much, but found their character development system very deep and interesting.

Played the game at a friend's house, and accidentaly shot a chicken at Whiterun after getting out of Helgen. After that, everyone in the town tried to murder me (I tried yielding, but don't know how), and I had to kill everyone I could.

Then I found my way to Windhelm, and did the quest where I join the Stormcloaks, and the one where the kid thinks I'm a Dark Brotherhood person and wants me to kill some old broad.

Interesting game.

lol alan i dont think you know how to play the game maybe???

the whole point of the new class system, ie no classes is that you don't have to level everything in order to progress; you can play however you choose
I guess you're right. I dunno, I always used it to boost my lockpicking/sneak/etc up really high and then just grinded my one-handed, block etc up on the way. made getting rich fast easier.

I mean I kind of like it because I'm more willing to try to level _everything_ but at the same time, it was nice having those pre-boosted skills. is stamina now linked to how much weight you can carry? because i remember strength was back in the older tes games.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I guess you're right. I dunno, I always used it to boost my lockpicking/sneak/etc up really high and then just grinded my one-handed, block etc up on the way. made getting rich fast easier.

I mean I kind of like it because I'm more willing to try to level _everything_ but at the same time, it was nice having those pre-boosted skills. is stamina now linked to how much weight you can carry? because i remember strength was back in the older tes games.
i hear you about "grinding", but i think that's why the new system is better; you don't have to contrive ways to level up -- you just do what you will and your skills reflect that

also attributes were like completely rehauled, yeah, there's a breakdown here

The following values are derived from your main attributes:
Carry Weight (a.k.a. Encumbrance): the total weight of items that you can carry. Choosing to increase Stamina upon leveling up will also increase your total carrying capacity by 5.

I don't get why there are wars in Skyrim. You'd think everyone would be running around harvesting mountain flowers and catching butterflies and filling in their world map like me instead of fighting each other, GOD.

I don't get why there are wars in Skyrim. You'd think everyone would be running around harvesting mountain flowers and catching butterflies and filling in their world map like me instead of fighting each other, GOD.
Once you take an arrow to the knee, everything changes...
*Congratulations, you are the 1,000,00th user of that forced meme*

Noob story: First time I saw a giant, I skillfully avoided them and went into a nearby cave. Turns out it actually had some good stuff. However, when I came out, there was a giant right there. I paused for a second before being blasted into the sky (Screw you physics, I'm a giant). This happened about two more times until I was able to run away.

And that is why I love this game.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
the unrelenting force shout makes butterflies explode, which i find exceedingly hilarious :)

it also makes gathering butterfly wings a lot easier

Just posting to say that I absolutely love Skyrim, bought it just over 3 weeks ago instead of waiting for Christmas and don't regret it one bit. Even my 8200+KB (121 hours) save isn't holding me back on my PS3, not to say that it isn't lagging. I now regret not buying Oblivion when I considered it about 2 years ago...

The amount of work that has gone into this game is astonishing, with the content rivaling that of a MMO and a seemingly neverending list of quests. From what i've done so far, the questlines are really great with gripping storylines. I wish I could say more but i'm embarrassingly behind on all questlines bar the main one, as i'm mainly focusing on leveling up my skills (mainly Smithing, Enchanting and Alchemy for gear, 100/100/69 so far). On the note of skills, my main and currently only character so far is a level 55 Wood Elf theif/assassin. However, i'm wondering if I should make a magic centered character next, as i've hardly used magic at all apart from the sake of leveling/College of Wintehold.

Though slightly off-topic, I just managed to obtain a Daedric Bow from a chest for the first time. I thought it was impossible though, as I assumed monster/reward scaling only went up to Ebony. Anyone else obtained a Daedric item from a chest or even a monster before? I'd love to know if i'm not the only one who has.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I wouldnt say I regret buying oblivion back when I did, but had I not bought it, knowing what I know now, I definitely wouldnt regret it.

Skyrim is a far, far better game..

Though slightly off-topic, I just managed to obtain a Daedric Bow from a chest for the first time. I thought it was impossible though, as I assumed monster/reward scaling only went up to Ebony. Anyone else obtained a Daedric item from a chest or even a monster before? I'd love to know if i'm not the only one who has.
I got a fire-enchanted dagger from doing the Civil War Questline (early on too), and have gotten Daedric arrows once or twice as well. I think the only way to get Daedric arrows is from a chest or monster.

Ah, the naivety of youth. How they will soon discover all of the untold stories behind the mystery that is "Skyrim".

Also I just got my Lydia. This is gonna be nice.

i dont haven any daedric weapons. im using an elven weapon because it looks pretty boss and a sword i got for a quest reward in the thieves guild questline (not naming it to avoid spoilers).

also, does anyone have any tips for enchanting? i dont want to destroy some of the "unique" weapons ive gotten via quest rewards / quests but i want their enchantments. is it possible to make your own enchantments or do you have to destroy the weapons?

Just a little question here; I understand how you level your Smithing and Enchantment with ease (forge hundreds of iron daggers, enchant them with petty soul gems), but how do you level your Alchemy? I understand you have to make potions, but after creating 50 or so potions, my Alchemy only went up by 7 levels. Do I just have to keep this tedious stuff going, or is there a faster way?

edit @alan: the only way you can get enchantments is by disenchanting. Most enchantments found on unique weapons can also be found on 'normal' weapons, so be sure to look around shops to find some new enchantments too.

I've found a fair amount of Daedric Arrows (stockpiled around 150 now) mainly by getting them off of the bodies of high level dwemer centurions. Just go down into blackreach and kill the like 3 in there and you should get 20-30 daedric or ebony arrows. I've also found a few weapons in final chests, as well as a helm. Ebony becomes shit common once you hit about level 55, as draugr deathlords have the weapons 50% of the time.

For levelling up Alchemy, you should remember that more valuable effects give greater experience. First thing you should do is create a set of enchanted alchemy gear (head, hands, ring, necklace) with 25% or whatever the value is at 100 enchant. Then go and change your active standing stone to the thief in order to level quicker. You can also utilize the rested/well rested bonus from sleeping. One of the best and easiest combos for quick leveling is Giant's Toe+Wheat+Creep Cluster. All three can be purchased quite cheap, or harvested in large amounts rather fast. Get giant's toes by walking west of Whiterun, and exploring the plains around there to kill off any giants. Fast travelling around the various giant camps that you have discovered also works. Wheat is found at farms scattered all around, with there being two nice ones right next to Whiterun and another two just east of Windhelm. Creep Clusters can be found by getting on the road south of Windhelm and just walking along it, making sure to look out for clusters. Then all you have to do is go and create a potion out of these ingredients, which usuaully results in a full level up per one potion up until about level 60.

lol apparently Lydia is really popular, I looked up how to marry her and you have to use console because it's glitched, but apparently everyone wants to marry her... I only want to marry her because, well, I'm used to having her follow me everywhere so I sorta got attached. I have a million screenshots of us now. Also her eyes are like mine. :X

Wait, there are people who DONT just use Lydia as a pack mule or a punching bag (let her kill the dragons while you sit back and enjoy some ale, she won't die)?!

User 40136

Banned deucer.
Hello, I'm completely new to Elder Scrolls, or any kind of videogame like this...basically, the only games I've ever played are Super Mario and Halo, and Zelda.

I have played for I think 45 minutes now, and to tell you the truth, I am completely lost, and have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing.

To start off, I chose my race as a Nard, as I could at least make it look like me. Some dragon attacked, and then after some stuff I'm following some guy to some place called Riverwood.

I just want to know what am I supposed to be doing? I'm just really confused.

I'm level 56 and I haven't even used a companion once for combat, unless it was a quest that specifically has a follower come with you. Heck, I didn't even know Lydia could follow me around until I finished the main story questline. >.<

Spoilers:
On another note, I have a strange issue thats differcult to explain. I killed a regular dragon that was sitting on top of a word wall, and as it died I got notified that I should talk to Esbern, as if I had just completed a part of a quest. However, the only thing I could think of that has anything to do with Esbern and killing a dragon is Parthuurnax, who I haven't killed "yet".

So naturally, I talked to Delphine and Esbern, but all I got were obtions about why Parthuurnax deserves to die, implying Parthuurnax isn't dead. So what did the notification indicate? Perhaps the game bugged and the dragon I killed was seen as being Parthuurnax (since it was the first dragon I had ever stealth OHKO'd), but as the actual Parthuurnax still exists it won't let me progress with Esbern/Dephine? I'm so confused...

Does anyone have an explanation of this? I'm playing Skyrim on PS3 and have completed the main story line, if that helps. :s

PS: Just got another Deadric Bow from a chest, this time enchanted. Worth just under 5k gold. :D

az

toddmoding
Hello, I'm completely new to Elder Scrolls, or any kind of videogame like this...basically, the only games I've ever played are Super Mario and Halo, and Zelda.

I have played for I think 45 minutes now, and to tell you the truth, I am completely lost, and have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing.

To start off, I chose my race as a Nard, as I could at least make it look like me. Some dragon attacked, and then after some stuff I'm following some guy to some place called Riverwood.

I just want to know what am I supposed to be doing? I'm just really confused.
so follow the guy to riverwood? ?_? you're basically not "supposed" to do anything, which is the beauty of the game, but the main quest will introduce you to a whole host of ways to play the game as well as provide you with goals and objectives if you want to roll that way

I never use companions, only when quests force me to. All they do is break my Sneak. All Lydia does is sit on her fat ass eating bread in my bedroom in Whiterun all day. And since I'm married to Aela the Huntress now, I now have two ladies just sitting there all day. At least Aela cooks me food and gives me money

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
if you kill your wife, can you get another wife?

my game freezes at least once every 2 hours. Is anyone else getting pissed about that?

I became a companion and I've been running around with as a werewolf murdering as many people as I can. Then I speed up 24 hours and repeat the process lolol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)