The Everything NFL Thread - 2012 Season (Up til 2013 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey so remember how I kept trying to explain how division leaders change year to year and that the packers missing the playoffs altogether was perfectly possible (although not highly probable) or not winning the division was perfectly possible (more probable than not) despite having just gone 15-1

yo 2012 nfl season =/= 2011 nfl season

Good game for the Dolphins defense and they really disrupted Dalton's passing attack. The Bengals running game was ineffective.

Yeah, I disappeared for months. Work and school has invaded my life
the last few months. My schedule is better now.
Well it's good to see you back. ^_^

Tbh, I'm not even surprised the Colts beat the Packers, it's just been that kind of season.

Im tired of Cam. Put Anderson in. How many games is the dude gonna throw and pout over now?

CK I seem to remember him saying both teams were better than they were nationally perceived to be.

Good 'ol Peyton Manning, finding a way to make blowouts interesting in the 4th quarter.

In case youve all been watching other games, McDaniels and Belichick have been putting on an offensive clinic this season. And oh yeah, the defense continues to improve and force turnovers. This is looking like a good season so far, even if Brady does still get happy feet. Two losses to 4-1 teams on last second field goals, that close to being 5-0 =[

Ravens get the win by the skin of their fucking teeth. Fairly pathetic performance against an abysmal defense. Oh well! A win's a win!

I make a point of having watched every Ravens game this season, but I legit fell asleep in this one during the second quarter lol.

11:00 left in the second quarter and the Skins are winning 7-0. Both offenses have moved the ball decently well but then stall out and punt. Alfred Morris has three runs for 10+ yards. Ryan Kerrigan got a pick six.

Cundiff missed a 31 yarder. How in the fuck does he still have a job? I could hit that in flip flops.

Welcome to the Billy Cundiff experience!

Im tired of Cam. Put Anderson in. How many games is the dude gonna throw and pout over now?

rFBam.gif

So basically, what I've gathered about the Broncos is that if the coaches would let Peyton Manning do what he fucking does, they would be 5-0. In every single game they've lost they've tried to hard to run the ball, fell into an epic hole, and when they let Peyton throw they started scoring like fucking crazy. Maybe they should try that the whole game!!1!1!1 lol!!!

Well, that's a little bit disappointing.

I don't want to jump to crazy conclusions and shit...but the Browns are going ham on the Giants' asses and it is fucking hilarious

How many Giant games have you watched??? Pretty much every one comes down to the 4th quater.

In other news, the Eagles are fucking embarrassingly bad.

No, they don't. They just happen to have one of the worst quaterbacks as their starter.

I think you have to weight by era...are P. Manning, Brady, and Brees really all top 10 quarterbacks of all time? That just feels like too many. Then again as the game evolves you do naturally get players who are essentially better than any that came before.

well i personally despise drew brees, but maybe not even top 20 is somewhat harsh, he is for sure definitely not top 10, that is ridiculous

edit: and this streaks been a joke since he had to try and statpad vs the rams to keep it alive but w/e, just realize that passing today is completely different than the past. unitas's record is just incredible compared to brees (and possibly brady's soon?)

well i personally despise drew brees, but maybe not even top 20 is somewhat harsh, he is for sure definitely not top 10, that is ridiculous

You can name 10 quarterbacks who are without a doubt better than Brees through their whole careers? I certainly can't, and I don't even like him. He had a top 3 season for a quarterback all-time last year, probably along with Peyton's 2004 and Brady's 2007.

@ CK, yes, I honestly believe that Peyton, Brees, and Brady are all top 10 all-time.

in no particular order, Staubach, Brees, Brady, Manning, Unitas, Elway, Marino, Young, Montana, Warner/Favre seems about right to me.

peyton
brady
montana
young
favre
elway
marino
unitas
graham
staubach

wow that was really easy

lol graham give me a fucking break

because he was the only guy in the 1950's that could throw a football well people think he's one of the greatest ever. that's hilarious.

put starr over him if you like, brees is not even in the discussion for me

Brees absolutely rapes both Graham and Starr in every single Quarterback category in existence.

Brees TD-Int
291-151

Starr TD-Int
152-138 <---fucking lol

Brees Completion Percentage
65.7%

Starr Completion Percentage
57.4% <---fucking lol

Brees Passing Yards

Starr Passing Yards

I could keep going. What the fuck is your argument

"Brees holds the NFL single-season record for most passing yards in a season by a quarterback, with 5,476 yards, which he accomplished during the 2011 season. That year Brees also set NFL records for highest completion percentage in a season – 71.2%, most 300+ yard passing games in a season – 13, and most completions in a season – 468. Brees has the highest career completion percentage among all quarterbacks in NFL history with at least 2,500+ attempts – 65.94%. [4] He also has the highest career post-season completion percentage – 66.8%. Brees is currently the leader of most consecutive games with at least 1 TD pass – 48 (2009–present)surpassing Johnny Unitas, who threw a touchdown pass in 47 consecutive games (between 1956–1960). Brees is the fastest player in NFL history to reach 40,000 yards passing. [5] He is also the all-time NFL leader in career passing yards per game."

What a fucking scrub.

Brees has all kinds of rule changes working in his favor, the advent of the west coast offense, the advent of the spread offense, and an incredible array of talent around him. Look at lists like these. He had a higher career completion % of anyone that came before him and anyone until Dan Fouts, whose debut was 17 years later.

wow bynre its almost like passing got easier in the last decade, so much easier that quarterbacks are on record paces, almost all the active qbs are the most accurate of all time, that quarterbacks who are pretty much "average" are throwing for 5000 yards in a seas-

matthew-stafford-smiling-432x246.jpg

oh

Seriously, if you're blind enough to just go purely on stats then you're being extremely ignorant to the fact that passing has become ridiculously easy in the NFL. there's a reason the nfl became such a pass-happy league. It's because almost every rule favors the offensive passing game now.

So right now, you basically look like an ignorant (BAN ME PLEASE), especially with statements like

He had a top 3 season for a quarterback all-time last year, probably along with Peyton's 2004 and Brady's 2007.

because dan marino never played right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back