The Everything NFL Thread - 2013-2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not saying I don't think that, I'm just saying you can't base that conclusion off a single game (which many are doing). I base that conclusion off the rest of his career.

Well obviously one game is a ridiculously poor sample size. Assuming the playoff run was the biggest fluke in NFL history (which it probably was), a lot of people are fucking sick of hearing about BEST OR SECOND BEST POSTSEASON EVER!!! and that Joe Flacco is somehow automatically a top 7-8 QB because of it. The derision is totally justified imo

His receivers deserved to be paid instead of him. Outrageous catch after insane catch. Flacco without average-at-best-receivers-performing-far-above-their-talent-level is what we saw this game. Still Flacco is being underrated here. He ain't that bad, the game could have gone a little different had Clark caught that TD pass. He might break 4000 yds too.

I'm still a little mad at the Ravens, but less so after this game. I should be back rooting for them week 3 against the Texans. Their defense will get better and should get to 10-6 easily. They still got Webb, who just looked off the second half. Once he gets to the level he was playing before last years ACL this defense will be awesome again. They were going up against the most talented team in the AFC at their home. Nothing to be ashamed of.

On the Broncos side, it's a little maddening to see all the stupid fluky plays from last year continue. I have yet to see this Peyton lead team have a flawless game. So far it's been stupid TOs every game combined with mental mistakes... yet they still manage to blow out the opponents. Against the Ravens, had Welker not fumbled and Trevathan not been dumb the score would have been 50+ to ~17. The Ravens defense will improve, but the Broncos themselves played extremely poorly all game, they just outclass everyone else so they don't care. I was impressed with the run defense, but still cautious. Once miller gets back they will be better.

i think 10-6 is the best case scenario for the ravens this year. but it might still be good enough to win the division. depends on if bengals actually break through or steelers rebound like they usually do after a non-playoff season

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Cut Flacco a little slack, he was having a pretty good game until his RT and his WR2 (with the teams receiving corps being shitty even are full strength). Brandon Stokely as a WR2 is not an ideal situation for anyone to deal with. Let's see how he goes in a few more games before we pass judgement.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If Doug Marrone had taken the time off the clock in his last drive like any good coach would have, the Bills would have won. The Pats basically handed them the game on a silver platter. Lesson: if you want to win a football game, don't give Tom Brady 4 and a half minutes to drive up the field with all his timeouts and the 2 minute warning.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I really shouldn't say anything after my fiasco of jumping the gun telling people to stop overhyping Peyton's performance, but I swear there should be some federal legislation to prevent some hero from having opinions. The Broncos played "extremely poorly the whole game"? YEAH?

The Patriots didn't deserve to win that game, holy shit that was bad.

I really shouldn't say anything after my fiasco of jumping the gun telling people to stop overhyping Peyton's performance, but I swear there should be some federal legislation to prevent some hero from having opinions. The Broncos played "extremely poorly the whole game"? YEAH?

The Patriots didn't deserve to win that game, holy shit that was bad.
They deserved to win. Both teams shot themselves in the foot several times. But my God Brady was even worse than Flacco, and against a team that was missing its three best defensive players!

Last edited:

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
The Panthers...they gave away some of the weirdest penalties, followed by a Deangelo Williams fumble inside the 10 yard line. 2012 all over again :(

We really could've had the Colts, but those two red zone interceptions... And after converting a 4th and 9 too. And Janikowski missing a field goal.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
tell you what, i slept on panthers d until i saw tonights game. obviously they have kuechly but man they shut down our run game so hard, we were lucky to get the win that game...

We lost the game but I think Pryor is the real deal for the franchise. At least good enough to pass on Bridgewater and get Clowney instead.

As did Julius Thomas. Seems like basketball player -> tight end is a popular conversion.
and Jordan Cameron, and Antonio Gates

in fact it's gone so far that people consider ex-basketball playing tight ends sleepers... just like Cameron and JT, who obviously had huge games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)