The Everything NFL Thread - 2013-2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
And people out there think Boldin isn't worth what he's making, yeesh...dude has been underrated since he was with the Cardinals.
I always liked him more than Fitz. Tough as nails and reliable as they come.

lolchargers, although it still makes me :S about the whole "Texans for AFC rep" I have going.

Well it's nice almost the rest of the US got Niners/Packers, I think Rodne Barber summed it up best during the Cardinals/Rans game, which was we were stuck with it >.>

Yeah, I'd be happy to see the Cardinals move the fuck out so we can watch good games for once on Sunday afternoons.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First off, I really hate these new forums, jesus christ.

Second of all,

Why u so bad griffin??? Oh yeah i know, because the only reason you can pass so well in the NFL is your legs. Griffin without the threat of running is a joke.

Hence why Luck has proven to be far better. Once he can't run anymore(in about 4 seasons) hes just going to be a mediocre QB. Luck on the other hand has done it all being a generic pocket passer. Proving defenses can't stop him now or ever.

Still, i'm a big griffin fan and this game is painful to watch man. I have no idea what the dude is doing on the field(except hopefully giving me some fantasy points).
Way to ignore the 2 TD 260 yard second half (that more or less did not involve the read option whatsoever), but never let the facts get in the way of a good agenda. RGIII will be up and down for a few weeks while he shakes off the rust but he'll be fine. Also the Kelly offense needs to slow down or it's not sustainable. We outscored the Eagles 20-7 in the half (they outscored us 26-7 in the first) and that was with a missed FG. The offense ground to a halt late in the game, and no they didn't go vanilla on either side, rewatch the game.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Perennial Coach of the Year candidate Rex Ryan's protege Mark Sanchez is likely out for the year with a torn labrum.

If they want to keep Sanchez in over Geno, he will still be able to play. Labrum isn't the worst thing ever, and playing until the end of the season, having surgery, then recovering over the offseason would be fine. It all depends what they want to do though, how important they feel Sanchez is.

Right now espn is saying "...Geno Smith is keeping the Jets in it so far." I contest to that because the Patriots are keeping the Jets in this game. I don't know if anyone else is watching it, but the Patriots look awful.

The Patriots' receivers look awful. Brady is giving them every opportunity to make catches, but they keep coming up short.

Right now Brady is a dismal 15/33... at worst he should be something like 20/33 if his receivers (Dobson) weren't making so many drops. Things will get better, though.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'm curious as to what the people slinging shit at Flacco for the way he played (partly justified admittedly although blown out of proportion due to the contract) have to say about Brady's start to the season. Let's not have double standards. And don't give me that drops bullshit cause Flacco had plenty of them by his inept receivers too, more of then in fact then Brady had.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I didn't sling shit at Flacco but he has more than 1 receiver that caught a pass for him last year. Then again Brady has done more with less talented receivers before so idk.

Sloppy win, sloppier Jets, but a win is a win and I can't say I didn't expect this kind of score.

If Gronk and Welker Jr. don't get healthy and stay healthy, I'm not entirely sure things will get better.
Players do get better. Dobson and Thompkins will, eventually, catch passes that Brady trusts them to catch. Edelman is fine on his own, but they need downfield receivers too; surely two of Gronkowski/Amendola/Dobson/Thompkins will be able to be consistent down the field.

First off, I really hate these new forums, jesus christ.

Second of all,

Way to ignore the 2 TD 260 yard second half (that more or less did not involve the read option whatsoever), but never let the facts get in the way of a good agenda. RGIII will be up and down for a few weeks while he shakes off the rust but he'll be fine. Also the Kelly offense needs to slow down or it's not sustainable. We outscored the Eagles 20-7 in the half (they outscored us 26-7 in the first) and that was with a missed FG. The offense ground to a halt late in the game, and no they didn't go vanilla on either side, rewatch the game.
what? here's a good article about the eagles and the game but ill respond to some weird things in this post: http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/74191/the-power-of-the-chip-kelly-offense

1.) the redskins carved up an eagles defense playing a prevent zone, i think you can just chalk it up to chip kelly feeling the game wasn't even worth trying to play anymore (which was too soon of a desicion for him to make), why would they lie about 60% and it being slow? they have a ton of shit to show and they want to hide it

2.) have no idea what you mean by needs to slow down or it's not sustainable, didn't know you had any kind of expertise in this area or what that phrase even means, it just sounds like jargon id hear a guy on first take say...but i'd say that the eagles offense is easily sustainable, chip kelly is an offensive god, its like people forget belichick turns to kelly for advice and that kelly basically perfected his no huddle offense that put up "unsustainable" and unbelievable stats last year. if they're running it, why wouldn't they be able to sustain it. so confused

3.) the redskins were also gifted a turnover by the refs because vick is left-handed that made it even closer than it should've been, that was a 14 point swing.

rg3 played like ass the entire game until the eagles decided to stop playing defense (which was a mistake but w/e), other than that the eagles thoroughly outplayed the redskins

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1: That's completely untrue. The Eagles were still blitzing heavily well into the 4th quarter. Even their defensive coordinator said that they kept blitzing and that they wouldn't sit back and play prevent. As for their offense, Mike Vick and many other players reported being gassed in the first quarter, and even in the first half. And I love how people ignore the fact that the Eagles consistently only had to drive 40-50 yards for a score, while the Redskins defense was constantly on the field due to turnovers/3 and outs/safeties. The problem is that the offense was indeed terrible and kept putting the defense back on the field.

2: Again, when I say the offense is unsustainable, I mean that the offensive players will tire themselves out going no huddle and playing really fast (they play way faster than the Pats no huddle, for example) and their performance will decline - just like what actually happened. Kelly's offense works in college because of the deeper rosters and larger talent differentials.

3: dat bias, how in the hell was that a forward pass?

I'm curious as to what the people slinging shit at Flacco for the way he played (partly justified admittedly although blown out of proportion due to the contract) have to say about Brady's start to the season. Let's not have double standards. And don't give me that drops bullshit cause Flacco had plenty of them by his inept receivers too, more of then in fact then Brady had.
okay get back to me when Flacco has multiple seasons with a performance that justifies not racing to judge him - so far his entire career is shit

Patriots opened last season 1-2 with 2 and 1 point losses, that was a great team and Brady had a fine season. This is easily one of the worst looking groups of wide receivers I have ever seen though.

I'm not even going to bother debating that one... that was mind-bogglingly dumb. That's akin to the type of ignorant comment I'd expect to see on an ESPN message board.

Okay, please make me a list of mediocre shitstain qbs who are not allowed to be insulted in your holy presence, and I will be sure to never ever ever offend your idea of why everybody should definitely care about all of the rest of his fellow 15th-22nd best QBs in the NFL.

Wut. Tom Brady gets the benefit of the doubt because he is Tom Fucking Brady. He lost his best receiver and his two pro-bowl TEs. Joe Flacco doesn't get the benefit of the doubt because he isn't Tom Fucking Brady. If Tom Brady were to retire today do you want to know what Joe Flacco would have to do match Tom Brady's career stats?

98 Games
2,305 Completions on 3,498 attempts (65%)
27,279 yards (278/game)
233 TDs (that's 2.27 a game and 36.4 per season for over six seasons lmao.)

He would have to average a passer rating of like 102 for 6+ seasons. The only stat they're close in is INT rate and Brady is still significantly better.

Last edited:
<-- lamenting the fact that while most of the US gets the Manning Bowl, I get another "rousing" bout of suckass Cardinals football against another pitiful team, the Lions.

At least Sunday Night game is Niners/Seahawks, something to look forward to.

EJ Mania!

Also is Houston the luckiest team in the league? Theyre gonna pull another comeback out of their ass...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)