The Everything NFL Thread - 2018-2019 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been plenty of big primetime games that were good without the pats. There have been good championship games without the pats too, mostly in the NFC since the Pats have basically been in every AFC Championship since 2004. The ones they haven't been in, like Ravens-Steelers in 2008, were extremely exciting. I may not agree, but many people also feel the Broncos-Seahawks super bowl was good only because of the epic slaughter delivered by Seattle upon the Broncos' historic offense.

We want the Pats to be bad because there are plenty of other teams who can be just as entertaining. The arrogance of that statement is astounding, even though we've already come to expect it from you.
The Pats have been in 5 or 6 of the 10 best superbowls of all time

I mean, since 2000 the best/most exciting/competitive non-pats superbowl aside from Steelers Cards is __________

its like rooting against Lebron to make the Finals, whatever team makes it over him sure as hell won't be as entertaining

Last edited:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

I mean, since 2000 the best/most exciting/competitive non-pats superbowl aside from Steelers Cards is __________

its like rooting against Lebron to make the Finals, whatever team makes it over him sure as hell won't be as entertaining
it is an EXTREMELY bold statement to say they've been in 5 or 6 of the top 10 all time. There have been a great number of very exciting super bowls, so making a top 10 list is already pretty hard. I think that's just your bias talking.

it is an EXTREMELY bold statement to say they've been in 5 or 6 of the top 10 all time. There have been a great number of very exciting super bowls, so making a top 10 list is already pretty hard. I think that's just your bias talking.
Pats/Giants 1, Pats/Seahawks, Pats/Falcons, Pats/Rams, Pats/Eagles 2, Pats/Panthers.

I think most would agree that most/all of these are in the Top 10 in terms of competition and excitement.

You can just google lists and see that almost everyone ranks them in the top 10.

I mean how could you not think seahawks pats is one of the best if not the best superbowl of all time. The game had literally everything. Even the leadup to it was insane with deflategate and all that shit. The teams were so competitive that the game was literally decided by a yard.

Last edited:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pats/Giants 1, Pats/Seahawks, Pats/Falcons, Pats/Rams, Pats/Eagles 2, Pats/Panthers.

I think most would agree that most/all of these are in the Top 10 in terms of competition and excitement.

You can just google lists and see that almost everyone ranks them in the top 10.

I mean how could you not think seahawks pats is one of the best if not the best superbowl of all time. The game had literally everything. Even the leadup to it was insane with deflategate and all that shit. The teams were so competitive that the game was literally decided by a yard.
I'm not saying a couple of them aren't up there, but 5 or 6 is excessive. Those internet polls are going to be skewed toward more recent super bowls anyway because they're fresher in people's memories, and the bulk of fans that answer those polls are younger and have never even seen the older super bowls. TV coverage is also obviously way better now so you have a more dynamic view of the game, instant replay, etc. I never said pats Seahawks wasn't one of the most entertaining super bowls of all time either, because it was.

Can we change the subject of this quick convo to "Most exciting super bowls since I've been alive" or "Since i've paid attention to the NFL"

As if nothing happened before the 80s. (assuming we're all 20-30). Borderline insulting saying the Pats cover half of the top 10.

aaaaand i see WB covered that. nvm bye.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
PRO T FLARE D

this is your reminder that Rams-Titans is the best superb owl of all time, not counting the deep lore behind Pats-Giants 1

I hate when ppl act like they want the Pats to be bad.

The NFL needs a villain and the Pats consistently provide the NFL's most entertaining games.

I cant even remember the last huge, hyped up primetime/championship game/ superbowl that was good without the Pats.
Yeah, keep thinking y'all don't deserve the hate y'all get or think y'all get to play the victim after saying stuff like this.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
The Falcons injuries are getting a little silly at this point, two more starting receivers hurt in the same game plus the kicker.
And now Freeman on IR

In other news, Vontaze Burfict took another cheap shot at Antonio brown's head and threatened juju with the same on the very next play. Anyone know how this guy is still in the NFL?

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
And now Freeman on IR

In other news, Vontaze Burfict took another cheap shot at Antonio brown's head and threatened juju with the same on the very next play. Anyone know how this guy is still in the NFL?
I play in the same team as one of his ex college teammates. He spoke really highly of Taze as a mate, but also said that was absolutely nuts and actually terrifying.

It brings me great joy that my fandom is in many ways insufferable but at the very least I’m no longer the most insufferable patriots fan in the thread.
Just pretty flabbergasted that there are ppl that actually think Pats Falcons wasn't a top 5 all time Superbowl.

When you can see their reactions to that game in an old thread during that very game pointing to the exact contrary of that lol.

Last edited:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Just because pats Falcons had an improbable ending doesn't make it a good super bowl. It was completely uncompetitive from start to finish, with the Falcons doing whatever they wanted for 2.5 quarters and the Patriots doing whatever they wanted for the remainder. It was not fun football to watch, and the only merit was the sheer ridiculousness of the Falcons choke. It was a boring game otherwise. Pats Seahawks was much better because the game was actually in doubt the whole time.

Last edited:
Just checked on the TNF score - did anyone bother to watch this shitshow? I see Rosen channeled his inner Nate Peterman and the Cardinals still don't know how to use DJ.

It was not fun football to watch, and the only merit was the sheer ridiculousness of the Falcons choke.
It is not fun football to watch in hindsight. Because yeah, it is boring to know that the Falcons will play great and then choke major dicks, and there wasn’t a ton of back and forth. But it was an absolutely incredible Super Bowl to watch live and is in the top 5 in that regard probably. The Comeback was one of the most surreal moments in sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)