The NBA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah they did, big time. Good to see Cleveland win with their revamped team, even against a lousy team.
By the way, in my last post I DID forget a player, Damon Jones. But also Gibson is hurt too. So the point hardly changes.

I have just found this:

Yao Ming's season reportedly is over.

KRIV-TV in Houston and The Houston Chronicle are reporting that Yao has a stress fracture in his left foot and the Rockets are expected to announce he will have season-ending surgery later Tuesday.

The team has scheduled an afternoon news conference.
Why does he always have to get hurt? =(

I just saw that as well. He had finally seemed to have completely matured into playing with his talent this season..and now this :(

I just got double fucked. Not only am I a Houstonian, but I have Yao on my fantasy team.

I got a text during class from a friend "Rockets season is over." and I kept praying it was T-Mac, but it was Yao. =[

Time to pick up Magloire and continue our streak! =[

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
MoP, I told you that happened last year, and look what happens this year.

Yes, Tracy McGrady surely is unluckier than the player who got injured so badly. Definitely.
look at tmacs career, and he again wont get by the first round in the playoffs. This was the year i really thought they would get to the second round, until now. Tmac's curse continues.

sooo, pj brown is on the celtics, helps some, but not that amazing. If we get sam cassell too, we'll be in great shape heading into the playoffs.

There was absolutely no excuse why chicago couldn't win that game. 6 turnovers! 20 points! no excuse at all! i am not happy with the bulls. the have disappointed me SOOOO many times throughout the season.

and suddenly, the celts bench becomes a strength instead of a weakness

rondo/cassell
allen/house/allen
pierce/posey
garnett/powe/davis
perkins/brown

every player on that list is capable of producing when they're on the court. Number 1 thing now is staying healthy, then keep riding this 4 game win streak making it 5 against ATL, then detroit comes to beantown on wednesday. If it was anything like the first two, this will be a great game.

Pistons are loading up their bench as well. They got Juan Dixon at the deadline and are looking to scoop up Theo Ratliff. Even with the trade that Cleavland made, I still think it will come down to the Pistons and Celts in the Eastern Conference Finals (unless LBJ has some more magic left in the playoffs like last year).

Should be a hell of a game on Wednesday in the Garden.

Meh...Suns are loosing...can't exactly blame Shaq entirely since he is somewhat producing, but if the team as a whole doesn't start getting their game together, they *might* not even make the playoffs with the rest of the West being a powerhouse. That's a scary thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)