Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just caught my Miltank but it is a Calm nature so it looks like I get a MNM. Ah well, Return, Milk Drink, Heal Bell, Substitute/ Hidden Power is still a decent moveset. I don`t even know where the Exp.Share is in HG so it`s all good.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Okay, so I arrive back and it turns out that I have been given 8 Pokemon plus zdrup's. The most interesting part was, after 7 already given/1 reserved, Vratix comes along and reserves a place. Okay.

Anyway, I have decided I will just choose, which is reasonable because some are impossible (level 40 before first gym, solo Giratina with a Pokemon you can only get after the Nat. Dex). I just have to sort through them, and will edit back with the team

EDIT: Okay, then roughly in order of appearance:

Its_A_Random's Drifloon, "Angry"
-Must always know Frustration and Payback, and no other attacking moves.
-Must use Frustration whenever it enters battle.
-Can only attack a team-mate in 2v2
-Can never use Revives on it
-Must solo one of Valkner's Pokemon to evolve

zdrup's Pokemon

Texas Cloverleaf's Chimchar
-It can only have Overheat as a STAB move
-If it knows Swords Dance, it can not learn Shadow Claw or Focus Punch
-If it knows Nasty Plot, it can not learn any STAB moves at all
-It must solo Aaron (using only Normal moves)

ungulateman's Ponyta
-Learn Bounce (level 40) before first gym I am not doing this. This is the drudgery I warned against. You may come up with something to replace it.
-At E4, it can only have moves which Spoink can learn
-To evolve, it must solo a leader with Bounce.

Sprocket' Geodude (because I can only evolve to trade. As such, you may want to set a requirement for evolution to Golem. Or not. Either way)
-Must always have Self-Destruct or Explosion
-Must KO a host with Explosion to evolve to Graveler.

TA1's Spoink, Ranga
-No STAB
-No TM/HM
-No Exp. Share
-Highest level in party
-Solo any Dark types met.
-Must always lead Not doing this either because otherwise I will never use anything else
-Must solo Giratina

I ended up just using the first six, even though Vratix 'reserved' one. Tell me if there is something I missed.

Alright then, my Ponyta has to be the highest-levelled Pokemon in the party until you get Spoink. It then falls in love with its fellow bouncer and must always be used alongside it in double battles. If Spoink faints, then it must solo the rest of the trainers' team.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Sprocket' Geodude (because I can only evolve to trade. As such, you may want to set a requirement for evolution to Golem. Or not. Either way)
-Must always have Self-Destruct or Explosion
-Must KO a host with Explosion to evolve to Graveler.
Once it evolves to Graveler, no restrictions to evolving to Golem. I figure a Geodude is cruel enough.

Okay, so I arrive back and it turns out that I have been given 8 Pokemon plus zdrup's. The most interesting part was, after 7 already given/1 reserved, Vratix comes along and reserves a place. Okay.
I thought you mentioned that you were going to catch new pokemon post E-4. I understand that I was nowhere near the first six and I intended that to be for after the first Elite 4 encounter when I assumed (evidently, an incorrect assumption) you would be swapping some team members. I apologize for any confusion.

Also, @Doom, it's nice to have you back.

I did. You didn't see me getting to Round 3 on the Tour (and be destroyed by Ace Matador)
Its ok, Ace is a boss. I, on the other hand, choked again and went out first round. I would like to blame it on me being rusty because we don't have a sim to test on now, but I'm sure my opponent couldn't practice either. I'm kinda in a slump I guess. :(

Looking to start one of these challenges.

Going to be playing Diamond. No trading, other than that anything goes.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Take the first Shellos you find. If it is red, it must solo two Pokemon belonging to a Gym Leader. If it is blue, it must solo ten Pokemon found in a Gym. No evolving.

Vayre, I will start you off with a Piplup. Your Piplup is upset that it is not part Ice-type, being a penguin and all. You must teach it the TM's for Hail and Blizzard because of this. This makes it very happy, and must be taught return after being taught those two moves. Finally, it starts wishing that it could fly, and as such its last move should be a flying type move. Name this Piplup "Ice Bird"

@Varye You get a Wurmple, If it evolves into a Beautifly give it 3 attacks and 1 non-damaging move, if it evolves into a Dustox give it 3 non-damaging moves and 1 attack. Whatever it evolves into it must keep 1 move it had as a Wurmple.

Have fun.

EDIT: Good to have you back Doom.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
@ Vayre, you get a Zubat named DarkKnight. It must be a Neutral nature of your choice. Evolve it to Golbat at Level 22, and Crobat at exactly Level 23. At or by level 33, it must have and keep this moveset:
- Mean Look/Double Team
- Confuse Ray/Substitute
- U-Turn/Frustration
- Steel Wing/X-Scissor/Hidden Power

And in other news, welcome to page 150!

I just caught my Miltank but it is a Calm nature so it looks like I get a MNM. Ah well, Return, Milk Drink, Heal Bell, Substitute/ Hidden Power is still a decent moveset. I don`t even know where the Exp.Share is in HG so it`s all good.
After the fight with the Red Gyarados of Lake of Rage, you get the Red Scale needed to trade to Mr. Pokemon on Route 30 for the Exp. Share if that helps.

@Vayre

Catch a Stunky, name it HotTamale.
It may only know moves that are fire type or sound based or involve exploding.
It may not evolve until it deals a finishing blow to at least one of every poison type line native to Sinnoh
(Budew, Zubat, Dustox, Ghastly, Stunky, Skorupi, Croagunk, and Tentacool lines)

(Wurmple's do NOT count towards the "Dustox line")

quick little update on my challenge, sorry I haven't gotten around to much yet.

So I visited Mr. Pokemon, etc. I caught the first of my pokeys along Route 30.

TEAM:
Cyndaquil the Totodile: Level 10
- Scratch
- Leer
- Water Gun
- Rage

J.T. the Spinarak: Level 5
- Poison Sting
- String Shot
- Scary Face

I plan to have both of them at level 10 before entering Violet City

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
And I have gotten my Smeargle. It has a Brave nature and therefore its moveset is now Bullet Punch, Body Slam, Blaze Kick and Bulk Up. I am just past Ecruteak with the team between levels 19-27, I plan to grind to at least 25 before Olivine. And my Smeargle has PokeRUS :)

EDIT: Whoo! 200th post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)