Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess I get to pick Magnificent's starter... Go with Chikorita, but it may not know any supporting moves. The only non-attacking moves it can learn are ones that affect just it. Name it whatever you want.

EDIT: Awww, ninja'd. Dang slow iPod typing...

I still need 5 more for my FireRed Scramble. And just a reminder, duplicates are allowed if you so incline.

And damn, I missed a few scrambles myself!
How evil can I be?

EDIT: Take a Clefairy. It MUST eveolve after Lt. Surge. It may not use Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, or Psychic. Call it "MyStar", and use it as your second Pokemon in every battle.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
EDIT: Take a Clefairy. It MUST eveolve after Lt. Surge. It may not use Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, or Psychic. Call it "MyStar", and use it as your second Pokemon in every battle.
I'm a little confused by this. Are you saying I need to switch to Clefairy every single time I battle a Pokemon, or that it needs to be in the second Pokemon slot at all times?
Take a Diglett, only use it in battles against Gym Leaders. :P
You already gave me one, but I'll allow it for now. I assume I can't use Diglett against the Elite Four?

I'm a little confused by this. Are you saying I need to switch to Clefairy every single time I battle a Pokemon, or that it needs to be in the second Pokemon slot at all times?
No, I mean that whenever your first pokemon is fainted, or you want to switch the first pokemon of the battle out, the pokemon that follows must be the clefairy. So, say your battling with a Charizard, for example, and your opponent throws in a Rhyhorn. If Charizard was the first pokemon of this battle, and you want to switch out, then you MUST use Clefairy/ Clefable next. Or, if the Charizard had fainted, then you would still have to send in Clefairy/ Clefable. Make sense?

I still need 5 more for my FireRed Scramble. And just a reminder, duplicates are allowed if you so incline.

And damn, I missed a few scrambles myself!
I'm feeling generous. Take a Weezing, with only the following restrictions; as soon as you catch it, you must teach it Flamethrower and Thunderbolt, and it must keep those moves forever. Its other two moves must be moves that were known by James's Weezing in the anime (for reference, the allowed moves are; Smog, Smokescreen, Sludge, Poison Gas, Tackle, and Haze). If it does not meet the criteria after you catch it and teach it the TMs, you must take it to the move relearner ASAP to rectify this. It also must be within five levels of your highest leveled Pokémon at all times. It can be caught as a Koffing, and if that's the case, it must be evolved ASAP. What you nickname it, or even if you nickname it is completely up to you.

Finished my Diamond scramble, so now i would like a Heart Gold scramble please. I would prefer a starting 6 until after the first E4 then i'll sub in 2 when i reach Kanto.

I'd quite like to be given ethier a Elekid or a Magby.
Thanks.
You take a Weezing as well. It can be caught in the Koffing stage should you so choose, and it must evolve into a Weezing as soon as it's possible. No move restrictions or mandatory nicknames, but when you catch it, you must train it until it's your highest-leveled Pokemon (if it's not already), and it must be at a higher level than the rest of your team at all times. Should one of the other Pokemon you get assigned reach a level higher than Weezing's, you must immediately train Weezing until it is once more your highest-leveled Pokemon.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
No, I mean that whenever your first pokemon is fainted, or you want to switch the first pokemon of the battle out, the pokemon that follows must be the clefairy. So, say your battling with a Charizard, for example, and your opponent throws in a Rhyhorn. If Charizard was the first pokemon of this battle, and you want to switch out, then you MUST use Clefairy/ Clefable next. Or, if the Charizard had fainted, then you would still have to send in Clefairy/ Clefable. Make sense?
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification!

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Sprocket, you seem to be needing Pokemon, so I give you Nidoran (m). It must solo gym leader/Elite Four Pokemon whose levels sum to 200 in order to evolve to a Nidoking, and in order to evolve to Nidorino, it must solo two of the above Pokemon.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I`ll ask on Sprockets behalf for you to please clarify the challenge. First, do the levels have to sum to exacrly level 200 or can they exceed?
Second, please clarify the evolution part of the challenge.

Sprocket, if you don`t mind me giving you a second mon, I give you a Drowzee named Dreamz. It must know Hypnosis, Dream Eater and Nightmare (if possible) ASAP. if you can`t teach it Nightmare have it know Skill Swap instead.

BTW, Nightmare is an XD tutor move. I don`t know if you can get it in FR/LG.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I'm at 20 Pokemon now, but since both you and Chocolate-Kipp each gave me a second Pokemon, I'll give until tomorrow for two new people to issue replacements. And if no one does, I'll go with what I have.

The way I'm interpreting the challenge, however many Pokemon the Nidoran solo, their levels must add up to 200. IE 5x level 40 Pokemon, 3x Level 50, a Level 40, and a Level 10. It's damn near impossible to get it to add up exactly to 200 but I'm sure it can be done.

So, I'm thinking about doing a Scramble for SoulSilver. I'm not going to do any saves, so no PokeWalker, and I'd like for only 5 Pokemon.
The 5 Pokemon have to be evolvable and can't be Unown. Be creative. Not necessarily cruel, but be sure to use some creativity because those will be the only ones I accept.

EDIT: And I'd like them to be availible by the time I'm at Ecruteak...

Team:
Gastly with no special STAB and needs to solo Morty (grinding, here I come...)
Magnemite named PowerSurge with Lock On, Rain Dance and Thunder, has to solo a trainer's Ground-Type to evolve, can't go against an Electric(damn...)
Eevee. At the time you receive Eevee, Divide the number of seen Pokemon in your Pokedex by 5, and figure out the Remainder:

If Remainder = 0, you get an Espeon which must know Substitute, Psychic, Hidden Power, and Shadow Ball, and must equip Iron Ball (get from Mt. Mortar)
If Remainder = 1, you get an Umbreon which must know Confuse Ray, Mean Look, Dark Pulse, and Hyper Beam, and can never equip an item of any kind.
If Remainder = 2, you get a Jolteon which must know Thunderbolt, Substitute, Hidden Power, and Protect, and must equip Metronome (get from Goldenrod Game Corner)
If Remainder = 3, you get a Vaporeon which must know Surf, Ice Beam, Signal Beam, and Hidden Power, and must equip Choice Specs (get them from Lake of Rage)
If Remainder = 4, you get a Flareon which must know Fire Fang, Strength/Giga Impact/Fire Blast, Bite, and Return, and must equip A Healing Berry

For the record, Bill's Eevee should be available as soon as you reach Ecruteak, then return to Goldenrod. (...oddly specific...)
male Ledian & name it Super Bug. You must catch it as a Ledyba & evolve it into Ledian before Ecruteak.

Your Ledian thinks he is a Superhero & can make his teamates around him Superheroes as well, therefore, he must know this moveset before your battle with Lugia:
-Super Support: Agility/Reflect/Light Screen/Safeguard
-Super Pass: Baton Pass
-Super Punch: Mach Punch/Comet Punch
-Super Force: Bug Buzz/Swift

Your Ledian must prove to you he really is a Superhero by Baton Passing against 3 Gym Leader Pokemon & Soloing 2 Gym Leader Pokemon.(may actually be semi-useful...)

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Take the first Wurmple you catch in the Bug-Catching Contest. Level it up to 15 before evolving and teach it Bug Bite, which it may not forget.

If it evolves into Beautifly, teach it Mega Drain and Silver Wind, but neither Giga Drain nor Bug Buzz. It must solo Chuck.

If it evolves into Dustox, teach it Silver Wind and Psybeam, but neither Light Screen nor Bug Buzz. It must solo one Pokemon from Chuck and one from Pryce.

reserving spot pokemagnificent

EDIT: After Johto, when you reach Vermillion City, go to the Pokemon Center there and trade in a Minun. It must be traded in at Level 50, no more, no less, nicknamed Money Grab (space necessary). It must then proceed to solo one of Lt.Surge's pokemon, and then solo Red's Pikachu.

@Detrot- You can't get Wurmple before Ecruteak

That edit was rather late, but I figured I'd bring it up again for clarity.

All teammates MUST be available by the time I get to Ecruteak. Magnemite, Miltank, Tauros and the like are acceptable, though.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
@Icay4321, you get Bill's Eevee. At the time you receive Eevee, Divide the number of seen Pokemon in your Pokedex by 5, and figure out the Remainder:

If Remainder = 0, you get an Espeon which must know Substitute, Psychic, Hidden Power, and Shadow Ball, and must equip Iron Ball (get from Mt. Mortar)
If Remainder = 1, you get an Umbreon which must know Confuse Ray, Mean Look, Dark Pulse, and Hyper Beam, and can never equip an item of any kind.
If Remainder = 2, you get a Jolteon which must know Thunderbolt, Substitute, Hidden Power, and Protect, and must equip Metronome (get from Goldenrod Game Corner)
If Remainder = 3, you get a Vaporeon which must know Surf, Ice Beam, Signal Beam, and Hidden Power, and must equip Choice Specs (get them from Lake of Rage)
If Remainder = 4, you get a Flareon which must know Fire Fang, Strength/Giga Impact/Fire Blast, Bite, and Return, and must equip Life Orb (get it from the Ruins of Alph)

For the record, Bill's Eevee should be available as soon as you reach Ecruteak, then return to Goldenrod.

@icay A1s post wasnt aimed at you. Now then you say those pokemon are ok so i'll give you a Magnemite named "PowerSurge" It must have the moveset of Thunder/Rain Dance/Lock On/ and a move of your choice ASAP and you must never use it against an electric type (just because) it must also solo 1 ground type owned by a trainer to evolve.
Good luck.
EDITS: @icay sure explosion counts aslong as it kills the ground type.

@auramaster You can't get a seel before ecruteak >_<
More EDITS: @Sprocket first of all using math in your challenge is evil, secondly iirc to get the LO you need to bring a HO-OH to the ruins and since this is SS Flareon would be itemless for the majority of the game (you might want to give him a diff item)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)