Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Gneiss is nice, Start with a Cyndaquil, name it Fire Power. To evolve, it must solo 5 trained Water Type Pokemon with Fire Type moves, & a further 25 to evolve again.

Have fun.

@Lightwind, I like it, though would you mind awfully much if I let him learn Bite just for a bit of variety (seriously why the hell was Dark a Special type pre split. All the pre-gen 4 dark attacks turned Physical after the split!)
Heh. I was totally thinking of the moves as they are after the split. My bad. ^_^;.

Since that's really what I intended, I'll let you run with it. So just avoid learning any moves that are special NOW. Basically, no Surf, Water Pulse, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Hyper Beam, etc. Hopefully, that's better for ya.

You are allowed to use other Pokemon until you find the ones you need to complete your Scramble with. Once you find them, however, you have to use them or take an empty slot in your party. So, yes, you can train a Pansear to beat Pansage and/or Lillipup. I think you can beat Lillipup with Oshawott, though.
Ahhh, okay. I think I got confused because I solo'd the gym leader my last scramble. And I think keeping Hiatus under 10 until I beat Cilan is going to be WAY harder. =P.

@Gneiss is nice, if you don't mind looking for one, I'll give you Scrappy, the Heracross. Scrappy loves to pick fights with opponents bigger than him, and as such, can only fight Pokemon at a higher level than him. Also, since he hates anyone who can fight as good as him, he must solo any fighting type Pokemon you come across (unless a solo is needed for another challenge). Enjoy.

Weldar, Pikachu is caught holding the Light Ball, to clear any confusion.

Also, my Diamond Scramble is still on Hiatus because I still didn't get Deoxys from Ranger GS, I need someone else to team up with just to get it. Once that's settled, I can Poke-Transfer the final round of Pokemon from Diamond to Black. After that, my Diamond file is safe to erase, ready for the Scramble, to recall my team of 8:

1, Treadshot A1
Pachirisu, MEP: must be -SpA, leads in every battle that no other team member has to solo (like FreshlyCut on Spiritomb or Fantina), and may never be healed through items, only at the centers or in-game NPC's, no means of teleportation (no use of Teleport, Dig, or Fly, or Escape Rope)

2, ObsidianRanger
Bibarel, Jawz: only STABs and status moves are allowed, may solo the Hearthome Gym except Fantina (soloed by FreshlyCut instead)

3, Samurai 796
Stunky, FreshlyCut: evolve to Skuntank upon learning a full moveset consisting of special attacks only, no status moves either; must solo Fantina and Spiritomb; once Skuntank, for every 5 GL/E4 Pokemon it KOs, excuding the mandatory solos, may delete a special move for a physical or status move, of course only as a Skuntank and solos prior to evolution will not count

4, Its_A_Random
Abra, Psichic: must learn and keep Teleport / Hidden Power, no restrictions on evolution, solo a Gym Leader of choice

5, ironman
Chimchar, NOweak: always know only STAB, solo every type it is weak to and isn't reserved for another team member

6, TM13IceBeam
Zubat, UltraBatty: it's very, very BATTY and thus must keep Wing Attack, solo Maylene for Golbat and Byron for Crobat

7, EEVEE3
Cranidos: Only use moves that require use of its head (list is Headbutt/Zen Headbutt/Head Smash), and may also have one stat-boosting move

8, kingofkongs
Shellos, UShelly?: if it's an East Sea, only learn special, if it's a West Sea, only know physical; when another member gets hit super effectively by a move UShelly? resists, swap to UShelly? next turn, unless said team member has the solo requirement in that Poke

Dummy: Nice, I always wanted to use Slowpoke, but I never got around to fitting him in a team. Does it matter if I evolve him into a Slowking or a Slowbro?
To be honest, I never actually thought about this. I'm going with no Slowking, however, because America's government was set up so that they wouldn't have a king. (See what I did thar?)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
White Scramble

Hi guys, I just got Pokemon White, & I'm going to do a scramble on it.

The Rules:

• White Version.
  • Can Trade, but will only do so for evolution purposes.
  • 6 Pokemon.
  • Finish when I enter the Hall of Fame.
  • I reserve the right to reject challenges for whatever reason, whether it be downright impossible or due to some crazy abstract idea.
  • Make it challenging, but not too hard please. No drudgery or (Pokemon) may not exceed (Level) challenges either.
  • Reservations will be ignored.
  • Do not give me Snivy, Scraggy, Yamask, Tirtouga, Vanillite, Joltik, or their evolutions, as well as no evolution Tynamos, or Legendaries. I will require an Oshawott, whom I will start with.
  • Minimum of two before the first gym, three before the third, four before the fifth, five before the eighth, & my last before the Pokemon League.
  • This is not an April Fools Joke! Not that it really matters, since its April the 2nd here anyway...
  • Make them fun.
I think that covers everything. Without further ado, give me challenges...
  • Purrloin (Troll): Must shout out April Fools every time it attacks (God I'm going to get tired of saying that). Must know & keep Sucker Punch & False Swipe. Must solo two of Caitlin's Pokemon with said moves (Texas Cloverleaf)
  • Darmantian (DonkeyKong): Must have the following moveset:
    Giant Punch: Fire Punch / Hammer Arm
    Chest Pound: Taunt / Swagger / Work Up
    Konga Drums: Belly Drum / Roar / Round
    Spinning Kong: Thrash / Flare Blitz / Superpower
    May never be used against Steel-Types, must solo Clay & every Sandile, Krokorok, & Krookodile I come across (Lightwind)
  • Venipede: Must solo Burgh to evolve & Brycen to evolve again. May never learn Megahorn (Galladiator)
  • Durant: If ability is Hustle, it must solo Shauntal & it may never use 100% Accurate moves. If ability is Swarm, it must solo Marshal & it must know & keep 2 Bug Type moves & only one non-Bug Attacking move (kingofkongs)
  • Drilbur (Justyce): If it becomes an Excadrill, it can only use one move until it switches out of battle (Treadshot A1)
  • Oshawott: No STAB until it becomes a Samurott, where its only STAB Move is Aqua Tail. Must switch out of battle when a STAB move is used against it unless it uses Aqua Tail(TM13IceBeam)

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Take Troll the Purrloin. In honour of the Smogon server wide ban, everytime it attacks, you must shout April Fools. Solo two of Caitlin`s pokemon with only Sucker Punch and False Swipe, both of which it must have ASAP.

@Its_A_Random, alrighty then. How about DonkeyKong, the Darmanitan? After years of being smashed by steel hammers and knocked down steel platforms, DK is sick of steel. Thus, he can never be used against any steel types. Also, he must solo the fifth gym and any Sandile / Krokorok / Krookodiles he comes across (because of their resemblance to Kremlings), and must have a moveset consisting of the following:

Hope the first member of the DK Crew serves you well. ;D.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
@Texas: I felt tempted to reject it, because saying April Fools all the time would make me sound like an April Fool, but what the hell, accepted. Should be fun.

@Lightwind: Accepted. Should be fun.

@Galladiator: Accepted.

Need 3 more.

All right, Random, take a Venipede. No restrictions other than it must solo Burgh to become Whirl and Brycen to become Scolipede. Oh, and it can never learn Megahorn.

That's it, because I'm getting tired and my brain capacity is slowly dwindling into nothingness.

Ok, so I started my Crystal challenge. So far, I've beaten up to Falkner. (Only had to challenge him about six times). Made it to the Ruins of Alph where I found three Es an I and a D. The Pokemon has to be an E, the moves an E, I, or D. I caught Sprout, but he only knows one status move right now.

MVP- Sprout@None
Lv. 16
-Vine Whip
-Sleep Powder
-Growth
-Wrap

LVP- Flappy@None(sry can't find the Berry yet.)
Lv.4
-Leech Life

Other- Toto(Totodile)@None
Lv.12
-Scratch
-Leer
-Rage

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
@Its a Random, you get a Durant. If its ability is hustle, it may only know moves with less than 100 accuracy. It must solo Shauntal. If its ability is Swarm, than it must keep 2 bug type moves, and have only one non-bug attack. It must solo Marshal.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
@wtangelo: I didn't say Flapper had to hold a PrzCureBerry, I said It may never hold a PrzCureBerry...*facepalm*

@kingofkongs: Accepted. 2 to go. I need an Oshawott, & preferrably a Pokemon I can find mid-game that isn't banned.

Random, grab a Drilbur. It has no restrictions as a Drilbur, but if it evolves to Excadrill, then problems occur.

It's drilled, spun, and just outright lost it's mind! Excadrill believes it's wearing a Choice item, even though it's not, in fact, its not holding any item at all! It thus a can only use one move in battle lest it switch out and switch back in.

Call it Justyce

@IAR: STABFailure Oshawott. It may never use any STABbed moves, until it evolves into Samurott, and even then it can only use Aqua Tail. It fails when it comes to STAB, and must switch out everytime somebody on the field uses a STAB move.(ofc, it doesnt switch if it uses Aqua Tail)

gg mate.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
The above two are accepted, though in the case of TM13IceBeam's challenge, I'll ignore the switch out restriction until I get my 1st Badge & after then it'll be ignored if it's my last Pokemon. Anyways, that's all, the 6 are in the challenge post, I'll get on it now & keep you guys updated. It would be fair to say after looking around that my Pokemon are likely to be overleveled...But meh. I'll live.

Cheers!
Its_A_Random

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
White Scramble Update #1

@Treadshot: Yeah, I'll add it.

Anyways, might as well give an early update before the lag storm comes in tomorrow morning my time.
  • Purrloin (Troll): Must shout out April Fools every time it attacks (God I'm going to get tired of saying that). Must know & keep Sucker Punch & False Swipe. Must solo two of Caitlin's Pokemon with said moves (Texas Cloverleaf)
  • Darmantian (DonkeyKong): Must have the following moveset:
    May never be used against Steel-Types, must solo Clay & every Sandile, Krokorok, & Krookodile I come across (Lightwind)
  • Venipede: Must solo Burgh to evolve & Brycen to evolve again. May never learn Megahorn (Galladiator)
  • Durant: If ability is Hustle, it must solo Shauntal & it may never use 100% Accurate moves. If ability is Swarm, it must solo Marshal & it must know & keep 2 Bug Type moves & only one non-Bug Attacking move (kingofkongs)
  • Drilbur (Justyce): If it becomes an Excadrill, it may not hold any items & it can only use one move until it switches out of battle (Treadshot A1)
  • Oshawott: No STAB until it becomes a Samurott, where its only STAB Move is Aqua Tail. Must switch out of battle when a STAB move is used against it in a Double/Triple Battle unless it uses Aqua Tail (TM13IceBeam)

• Started Game.
  • Decided to be a Male & called myself Random.
  • Picked up an Oshawott!
  • Beat Bianca in a close Tackle War!
  • Beat Cheren where Oshawott scored 2 Critical Hit Tackles in a row.
  • Went to the lab to pick up a Pokedex & named my Oshawott "Samurell".
  • Went to Route 1 & learned how to catch a Pokemon. Wow! How exciting! What a very valuable skill I should learn!
  • Went to Accumula Town & got a tour through the "New & Improved" Pokemon Centres.
  • Went outside & listened to a strange syndicate called Team Plasma mumble something about liberation & whatnot. They didn't tell me how to liberate, which was sad...
  • Then a strange guy with a one-letter name came across & wanted to "Hear Samurell speak".
  • Beat M N after his Purrloin did crap all, doing dreadful damage as Samurell Tackled him to death.
  • After the strange conversation, I heal up & go to Route 2.
  • I catch Troll the Purrloin (April Fools...).
  • I then grind him on Route 1 to Lv7 (Insert endless April Fools here).
  • I then go through Route 2 & catch HM Whore the Patrat (April Fools...).
  • Then Bianca Came! And she wanted to battle me! (Not April Fools).
  • Troll showed Lillipup how to battle, spamming Assist (April Fools) to beat Lillipup, while Tepig killed Trollolololol..., but Samurell showed his Tackling prowess, killing Tepig & winning me the battle.
  • Entered Striaton City!
  • Went to the Dreamyard, beat a couple of trainers & got Muzzle the Pansear.
  • (April Fools).
  • Damn you Texas with that restriction (April Fools).
  • Now where was I? Ah, yes, I returned to Striaton & healed up before going inside the Trainers School, battling Cheren, who was inside.
  • Troll easily dispatched both of his Pokemon, Schooling Snivy & Purrloin with Assist Spamming (slooF lirpA).
  • I healed up (Again) & went inside the Striaton Gym, beating the minor Trainers with April Fools pranks.
  • Beat Cilan & received the Trio Badge after a few attempts...Samurell showed Lillipup his Tackling prowess, Leering three times before slaying the dog with three Tackles (Curse you Potions...). Then Troll showed his endless amount April Fools pranks, spamming Growl & Sand Attack until Pansage died of Struggle damage, silly me, not realising that Pansage only had two moves: Vine Whip & Work Up...And eventually Struggle...
  • Nevertheless I got the badge & the TM for Work Up.
  • I go outside & get told to go to the Dreamyard receiving the HM for Cut.
  • I heal up.
  • That's all for now.
  • April Fools (No, not really).

Troll (Male Purrloin) @ Nothing
Lv:12/Lax/Limber
-Fury Swipes
-Growl
-Assist
-Sand Attack
Comments: Surprisingly useful, but its too early to say whether it'll be a powerhouse or not, because it's early days at the moment...April Fools...

Samurell (Male Oshawott) @ Nothing
Lv:12/Sassy/Torrent
-Tackle
-Leer
-Water Gun
-Water Sport
Comments: The Lack of STAB Moves sucks, as it could help me in a few spots, but meh. Otherwise, it's doing a fine job, being really powerful with his Tackling Prowess, but yeah, it's only early days at the moment, so it's too early to say.

ok, throwing my hat in the ring...platinum scramble!!

rules:
no breeding for ivs/evs/natures...way too time consuming for this kind of challenge.
any hg/ss/pearl/diamond/platinum pokemon is allowable outside of event pokemon
must have ability to have all hms in party (so pay attention to what's been posted)
nothing asinine...i want this to be fun and show me different pokemon, not piss me off

let's hear my six!

@urza:

for your platinum scramble you get as a starter Mover the Empoleon...
since i am not really creative atm and i see you want hm users empoleon's only restriction is that he must know only hms and tms(no level up moves)...
also must be highest levelled at all times...

@IAR: Lol you are supposed to name that 'STABFailure', but I don't really mind now. >_>

Also what I meant is that if in a double or triple battle, at any point if someone uses a STAB move on anything, Oshawott must switch out immediately.

gah

@Urza: You get HERP DERP the Bidoof. Upon evolution into Bibarel you must change its nickname to SUPAHSLAVE ASAP. Upon evolving, it can only use HM moves, and as Bidoof, you need to shout out either 'HERP DERP' or 'HURR DURR' every time it attacks.

@Urza

You get Tweety the female Starly. So all can hear her sing, it must know and keep Growl. It doesn't like flying too much so it can only have one Flying attack. It must solo Gardenia to evolve into Staravia and then it can evolve into Staraptor whenever.

Urza, you get a Chatot. Name it PottyMouth. It must always have Chatter. Chatter is the only non-HM Flying type move it can learn. You must swear for Chatter and get the 31% confusion chance.

@Urza

You get Tweety the female Starly. So all can hear her sing, it must know and keep Growl. It doesn't like flying too much so it can only have one Flying attack. It must solo Gardenia to evolve into Staravia and then it can evolve into Staraptor whenever.
lol Tweety

I was half-expecting a Twitter clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)