Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update 1:

I have recruited 4 of my team members by now, Squirtle, Rattata, Pikachu and Geodude, and currently am somewhere in Mt. Moon - or should be, rather, because apparently I thought you can get Light Balls are available in LG - which they aren't - and tried to Thief one from a wild Pikachu in Viridian Forest. Oh well, ~2h of my life wasted... -_-

Anyway, I have tried to solo Brock's Onix with Pikachu, which duly didn't work... But through some insane hax (Static ftw!) I could get him down to -6 defense with Tail Whip at least and damage him at lest a little bit (afterwards, in order to try and keep my honour, I wanted to kill it with Rattata at the very least, which didn't work either. Same thing with Squirtle using Tackle. I resorted to Bubble in the end...).

The rival battle against Anic (hehe, guess what my player character is called!) went very well, because Pikachu is a boss. Here are my mons as of halfway through Mt. Moon (and currently parked in Pewter due to my vain search for a certain item...):

Topsy (Squirtle), Lvl. 14
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Water Gun
- Withdraw (no Rapid Spin yet!)

Kate (Rattata; will rename at Lavender), Lvl. 13
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Thief
- (unused) Quick Attack

Realist (Pikachu), Lvl. 13
- Thundershock
- Quick Attack
- Tail Whip
- ThunderWave

Gravy (Geodude), Lvl. 12
- Tackle
- Defense Curl
- Rock Throw
- Rock Tomb (yeah... didn't know it learned Rock Throw that early)

Pika25, take a Bronzor from Wayward Cave for your Scramblocke. It may only use attacking moves and Trick Room because it hates just being used as a slave to counter excadrill.

Pika25, take the Happiny egg and hatch it ASAP.
This little pink blob loves to do impressions.
As such, it must use Copycat at least once every time it is sent out. (After level 5)
(The number of Pokémon it soloes using only Copycat) = (The number of times it can evolve)

Poor little thing will probably wind up as death fodder.

Pika, take a Machop from Mt. Coronet South. The number of times Machop solo's a pokemon with only Karate Chop is the number of times Machop can evolve. Also, Machop must keep Karate Chop and cannot have non-attacking move, 1 of which should be special.

@Pika25, Take a Cranidos, it wants to be the ultimate headbutting Rampardos, so it can't evolve until it is level 43 and knows: Headbutt, Zen Headbutt, and Head Smash. The fourth move is your choice but must be Status. It must never forget the 3 former moves. Good Luck.

@Pika25, take a Ghastly from the Lost Tower. It must always know Night Shade and solo 25 Pokemon with it to evolve at level 25. Solo 30 more to evolve into Gengar. As a Gengar, it must know 4 of:Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Focus Blast, Psychic, Sludge Bomb, and Energy Ball ASAP to prove its competitiveness. Enjoy your potential MVP.

So my 200 post scramblocke was defeated, unfortunately, against Fantina. I had put the game into a long hiatus and turned on the game to find that all of my pokemon were in the dead box except my HM slaves... not a pretty sight.

To replace it, I'm taking a scramble for one of my top three Pokemon games, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time. All pokemon must be obtainable before Dusknoir sends you to the future. Also, due to the increased options and the brutal Hidden Land and Ruined Future screwovers (if you die you lose everything and there's virtually no way to get it back), there are more restrictions than normal.
-You may not give me any Normal Type starters or partners. This is because one section of the game is almost entirely ghost types, and I don't want to be able to only fight with regular attacks for that section.

-You may not give me boss battle restrictions, since the gang style boss battles (Luxray and Dusknoir, I'm looking at you) are next to impossible when your Piplup has to solo kill all 6 of Luxray's Luxio cronies.

-You may restrict a maximum of 3 of a pokemon's moveslots, the reason being that stalling is completely ineffective in PMD and I don't want to be screwed by a stall challange.

-You may not give me more than one challange, the exceptions being below.

-All posts WILL INCLUDE A STARTER CHALLANGE in addition to whatever other challange you want to give. This is because I don't want to endlessly replay the quiz sequence until I get the right starter. I will post a list of starters and their corresponding nature.

-If you wish, you may submit more than one starter. The maximum is three per poster.

-If you are issuing a partner challange that is not a Pikachu (THIS IS THE PARTNER YOU CHOOSE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME DIMWITS), you may issue a second partner challange in the same post in the case that I choose a starter that is the same type as your intended partner.

-If you have clearly never played PMD and it shows in your post, I will completely ignore your challange.

-Obbmud99 may not give me a starter or a partner (I've learned my lesson on that front)

-I reserve the right to reject any and all challanges that disobey the posted rules.

List of starters and their corresponding natures (and the people who have given them):
Code:
Bulbasaur=Lonely (TM13 Ice Beam)
Charmander=Docile (Newby N00b)
Squirtle=Quirky (Newby N00b)
Pikachu=Brave
Chikorita=Calm (Axmaster)
Cyndaquil=Timid (TM13 Ice Beam)
Totodile=Jolly
Treeko=Quiet (waterwarrior)
Torchic=Hardy (Axmaster)
Mudkip=Rash (Axmaster)
Turtwig=Bold (Newby N00b)
Chimchar=Naive
Piplup=Impish (TM13 Ice Beam)
Also, I have been given a Rhydon, an Anorith and a Shinx as allies. Newby N00b's Chikorita is my partner unless I get a grass type starter, in which case waterwarrior's Pikachu will be my partner.

I need the rest of the starters filled in as well as two more allies.

@ Limianic: Bahahaha well Realist wasn't really "meant" To actually win against Brock's Onix. Realist knew he/she wasn't going to win, he/she just wanted to show how it would really go down. It just so happened that it'd go down with a loss :P. I expect you to have more luck against Rhydon though :P.

so, Yaya0, does that mean we can start handing out Pokemon for yah already? Because if so I got a challange for you!

Take Dingaling the Chingling. Dingaling loves making a racket, so it must always have two sound based moves at all time (ASAP, ones that count are all ones that can be blocked by the Soundproof ability in gen IV). When you obtain the Soothe Bell (and you must do so ASAP) it loves it so much that it must hold it at all times. In order to evolve into Chimecho it must solo 20 trainer owned Pokemon using only sound based moves while holding the Soothe Bell. After it evolves it settles down a little and only needs one sound based move, but it doesn't get over its attachment to that Soothe Bell until after it solo's at least one of Volkner's Pokemon.

Okay Yaya, you get Flip the Bronzor. Flip is obsessed with flipping, so every move Flip uses must flip something in some way(yes, moves like confuse ray count), and every time Flip uses an attacking move, you need to flip a coin to decide what type of attack to use next, meaning Flip only gets 2 types of attacks(take your pick). To evolve, solo 35 trainer owned pokemon with only flipping moves while holding an item that flips absolutely nothing (it helps Flip focus on his/her flipping). Once flip evolves, Flip cannot flip anymore, so Flip finds a new obsession: Spinning. Rename Flip Spinner, and use Gyro Ball with a speed boosting item every other turn against at least 50 pokemon and 2 gym leaders (other than that the item does not matter, but the GBing does), soloing at least 1/5 of the pokemon for each. Finally, have Spinner never leave the party when your starter is in your party. Enjoy your Diamond scramble and hope you enjoy your potential MVP!!

@ShinySkarmory:
SPOILERS IN THIS, although the game has been out for years...

-You loved your Grovyle as your best friend before you came back to stop the fall of Temporal Tower, so you will have to be a Treecko. Since a lot of bravery was needed to undergo the difficult task, your partner will be a Pikachu
-You must keep Leer and Absorb on your Treecko throughout the game, and the third move must be a ranged attack (i.e. Quick Attack). Do whatever you want with the last slot
-Your partner is constantly pissed off, so he must keep Growl throughout the game, and you can not turn off Exclusive Move User.

(This is my first post here, sorry if I gave too many clauses for one challenge)

Challanges are officially open for Diamond! I can hack, but I'd prefer not to. Also, no signature challanges, keep it original.

Jimera0 said:
Take Dingaling the Chingling. Dingaling loves making a racket, so it must always have two sound based moves at all time (ASAP, ones that count are all ones that can be blocked by the Soundproof ability in gen IV). When you obtain the Soothe Bell (and you must do so ASAP) it loves it so much that it must hold it at all times. In order to evolve into Chimecho it must solo 20 trainer owned Pokemon using only sound based moves while holding the Soothe Bell. After it evolves it settles down a little and only needs one sound based move, but it doesn't get over its attachment to that Soothe Bell until after it solo's at least one of Volkner's Pokemon.
OK then: Growl, Uproar, Snore in Pt/HG/SS, and Heal Bell in HG/SS.

shinyskarmory said:
Instead, take a Remoraid. It read Alchemator's Remoraid damage calculations, and therefore it knows what it can do without evolving. However, your challenge will now vary upon its nature:

if +Sp.A or -Atk: Evolve into Octillery to show your amazing potential outside of the realm of physical attacking. You may only use special attacks.

if +Atk or -Sp.A: Do not evolve, as Remoraid is such a beast physical attacker that it doesn't need pussy special attacks to deal damage. You may only use physical attacks.

if nature does not affect Sp.A or Atk: Have two physical attacks and two special attacks. You must alternate between physical and special attacks.

For all of these variations, if you choose to hack for 4 moves of your choice (I wouldn't blame you) you must lower Remoraid's IVs to below 15 in every stat. If you choose to leave your moves unhacked, you can hack for a total of 90 IVs.

You may hack Remoraid into your party so you don't have to wait till the near end if you wish without penalty. Just use an RNG to determine its nature.

Have fun.
yaya0 said:
You get your Stunky. It must KO opposing Pokémon with 7 different moves to evolve. Once it evolves it may only use moves from Skuntank's Gen 4 analysis.
Sage Chow said:
(Munchlax named Cartman)
- Thick Fat: Consume 25 berries in battle to evolve. Pick Up: Consume 10 Rare Candies to evolve.
- Flee or Switch from fighting types or taking >75% damage.
- Faint = backtrack to Mom. After two times: Revenge-solo the pokemon-type instead.
- Solo Candice, solo Flint to ignore all other restrictions.
SuperSaiyan said:
your starter Pokemon is Pulpip the Piplup. He has the Fire-Grass-Water chart backwards. If he faces any fire Pokemon, he must use Water Sport first and cannot use water attacks since he thinks they're not very effective. He must solo all grass Pokemon he is sent out against since he believes he has the advantage. ASAP, his moveset must be:
Water Sport
A damaging Water attack
A damaging Flying attack
A damaging Steel attack
He must solo Gardenia and Flint. He also must always solo Barry's Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra.
No restrictions on evolution except nickname Prinplup, Pulpnirp, and Empoleon, Noelopme.
Good luck!

Challanges are officially open for Diamond! I can hack, but I'd prefer not to. Also, no signature challanges, keep it original.

OK then: Growl, Uproar, Snore in Pt/HG/SS, and Heal Bell in HG/SS.

Reservations: Axmaster68, SuperSaiyan (Piplup)
It actually learns heal bell by level up as Chimecho, so no worries about that. So that's obviously the recommended sound based move once it evolves :P

@shinyskarmory:

STARTERS AND SHIT

Bulbasaur--Name it Box(no offense to the actual user). It's so addicted to whipping people that it must have Vine Whip in his moveset at all times. It must use it and only it in every dungeon visit/new life/max elixir usage until its PP runs out.

Cyndaquil--Name it Fart. Ironically, it has difficulty farting, and it may never learn/use Smokescreen or Ember. It must defeat the first 5 Pokemon you meet in every dungeon with Flame Wheel within 2 shots.

Piplup--It believes that STAB/status moves are the best and can only use those. After hitting LV 45, this restriction is removed(unless you feel like killing yourself against Dialga)

NORMAL CHALLENGE

You get an Anorith, who is the son of the explorer Armaldo(if you don't know, I suggest you play Explorers of Sky instead). It must learn, keep and use Water Gun on every Fire type/Sudowoodo you see(there isn't a Pokemon based off paper? I AM DISAPPOINT)

yaya0, as a reminder of my team's current MVP, take a
You didn't think it would be that easy did you?

Instead, take a Remoraid. It read Alchemator's Remoraid damage calculations, and therefore it knows what it can do without evolving. However, your challenge will now vary upon its nature:

if +Sp.A or -Atk: Evolve into Octillery to show your amazing potential outside of the realm of physical attacking. You may only use special attacks.

if +Atk or -Sp.A: Do not evolve, as Remoraid is such a beast physical attacker that it doesn't need pussy special attacks to deal damage. You may only use physical attacks.

if nature does not affect Sp.A or Atk: Have two physical attacks and two special attacks. You must alternate between physical and special attacks.

For all of these variations, if you choose to hack for 4 moves of your choice (I wouldn't blame you) you must lower Remoraid's IVs to below 15 in every stat. If you choose to leave your moves unhacked, you can hack for a total of 90 IVs.

You may hack Remoraid into your party so you don't have to wait till the near end if you wish without penalty. Just use an RNG to determine its nature.

Have fun.

Everyone that lives on Route 206 I already have, except Stunky; same with Mime Jr. on Route 209 and Meditite on Route 208. I need those three Pokemon quick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)