The Workshop

Requester: flying moose
For: Banner art for a new Other Metagame: Flipped
Art Direction: Flipped is an OU-based meta where all pokemon have their stats flipped backwards. For example, Avalugg is now a special glass cannon, as its gargantuan defense has been turned into gargantuan special attack, while its abysmal speed has now turned into abysmal HP. For the art, I would like to see one (or more, if you like) pokemon doing something reflective of their new statline, like a blazing fast Snorlax or an extremely defensive Jolteon. Pick whatever pokemon you like, but here are some possibilities, based on what I think will be influential in the metagame:
Special glass cannons: fast: :Avalugg::Hippowdon::Coalossal::Rhyperior:; normal speed :Steelix::Torkoal:; slow: :Shuckle:
Physical glass cannons: very fast::Snorlax:; slow::Shuckle::Araquanid:
Special wallbreakers/sweepers: :Gourgeist::Mandibuzz:
Physical wallbreakers/sweepers: :Goodra::Mantine::Togekiss::Virizion::Sylveon::Oranguru:
Specially defensive: :Ninjask::Hawlucha::Terrakion::Flygon::Decidueye::Unfezant:
Physically defensive: :Accelgor::Jolteon::Espeon::Roserade::Hydreigon::Noivern::Charizard::Ribombee:
Defensive on both sides: :Dragapult::Kyurem::Arcanine::Zeraora:
Very fast pokemon: :Drifblim::Lapras:
Thank you so much for your help!

Last edited:

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Requester: Alakazam
Tournament name: 1v1 Spring Seasonal
Projected Deadline (Sign-Up thread goes live): March 29th (signups already up, thats just when r1 starts)
Art Direction: I'm thinking a cute Scorbunny in a field, Combee in the background, stylized like a kids drawing, with a crayon texture, maybe something like this but with more Spring-esque design. Idk, just a thought, but anything will do, not too picky.
Update on this: AmirAlexander was able to handle this in PMs. Thank you!

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Requester: Finchinator (and Eternally)
For: SS NU Viability Ranking Thread (OP will be up soon, but there is NO rush. Will be nice to have something for the long haul -- can be a few weeks)
Art Direction: Thinking something with 2-3 of the following Pokemon: Clefairy, Sandaconda, Garbodor, and Cofagrigus. Last generation, we had this and this, which were both beautiful, but quite different. I am honestly fine with just about anything, but it needs to say "Neverused Viability Ranking(s)" and include at least a couple of the aforementioned Pokemon. I am not picky at all and this is no rush at all, but please let me know if interested.

edit: lyd is gonna give it a go!

Last edited:

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Requester: TJ
For: SS PU Viability Rankings Thread & SS PU Resources Thread (OP isn't up yet)
Art Direction: I don't really have anything specific in mind for these, feel free to go in whatever direction you wish. Just make sure the artwork says "PU Viability Rankings" and "PU Resources" somewhere for each. If helpful, top mons (that probably wont end up getting banned soon) include Throh, Stonjourner, Mawile, Lapras, and Beheeyem.

Thanks!

edit: lyd is doing the pu vr thread, resources thread still needs an artist though

Last edited:

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Requester: Kalalokki
For: Patterned backgrounds for various applications in social media
Art Direction: The exact designs of them can vary greatly so you have a great freedom when it comes to such, but some examples from the Youtube thumbnails here are ones I've repurposed for Tier Shift and Usage Stats graphics lately. I can also give more directions and examples in PMs.

Thanks in advance

edit: Kaiju has taken this

Last edited:

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Requester: Rosa
For: 1v1 Player Interviews (reference A and B)
Art Direction: Since Absol is my favorite Pokemon and the icon I use to identify myself when talking, I was thinking an Absol with glasses and a microphone, similar to the below picture. Maybe add a Substitute doll to indicate the person being interviewed.
1586897904755.png

edit: claimed by Brumirage

Last edited:

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Requester: Expulso
For: RU Archetype Cores
Art Direction: It’s for the thread below, which has an artwork from Gen 6 in it - I’d love to see an update for Gen 8! The thread is about type cores, so I’d love a design that is split into 3 somehow (to represent the 3-Pokemon cores), has different colors in each section to represent 3 different types, and features 3 different SS NU pokemon.

If I worded that unclearly or if you have any questions, feel free to look at the link below or message me on discord at Expulso#7025. Ty!
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/nu-archetype-cores-week-1-poison-dark-grass.3661491/
Discussed in convos but gonna post this here regardless
1586970577567.png

pqs

Banned deucer.
Requester: pqs
For: 1v1 Break My Team
Art Direction: Something like this where it's just one singular Pokemon 3-0ing a team of 1v1 Pokemon. Something like Golurk punching away at a team of Snorlax, Tyranitar, and Mimikyu (a BMT that already happened) would be cool, but I'm open to other ideas.

Reactions: IBM
Last edited:

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist
Art Direction: Flipped is an OU-based meta where all pokemon have their stats flipped backwards. For example, Avalugg is now a special glass cannon, as its gargantuan defense has been turned into gargantuan special attack, while its abysmal speed has now turned into abysmal HP. For the art, I would like to see one (or more, if you like) pokemon doing something reflective of their new statline, like a blazing fast Snorlax or an extremely defensive Jolteon. Pick whatever pokemon you like, but here are some possibilities, based on what I think will be influential in the metagame:
Special glass cannons: fast: :Avalugg::Hippowdon::Coalossal::Rhyperior:; normal speed :Steelix::Torkoal:; slow: :Shuckle:
Physical wallbreakers/sweepers: :Goodra::Mantine::Togekiss::Virizion::Sylveon::Oranguru:
Specially defensive: :Ninjask::Hawlucha::Terrakion::Flygon::Decidueye::Unfezant:
Physically defensive: :Accelgor::Jolteon::Espeon::Roserade::Hydreigon::Noivern::Charizard::Ribombee:
I'll take this up.

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist
hope you like it

flipped.png

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist
Art Direction: I don't really have anything specific in mind for these, feel free to go in whatever direction you wish. Just make sure the artwork says "PU Viability Rankings" and "PU Resources" somewhere for each. If helpful, top mons (that probably wont end up getting banned soon) include Throh, Stonjourner, Mawile, Lapras, and Beheeyem.

Thanks!

edit: lyd is doing the pu vr thread, resources thread still needs an artist though
I'll do resources.

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist

Thanks!

hope you like it! this was fun to make.

puresourcesthread.png

Kris and Rage: said:
Requester: Kris and Rage
For: RoA Community Choice Ladder voting (will be used every month)
Art Direction: If you can fit 7 pokemon in it, a banner with Tauros, Snorlax, Tyranitar, Jirachi, Keldeo, Clefable, and Landorus-T in it, if not all 7, then try focusing more on the pokemon near the beginning of the list
Request made: March 25th
I’d be happy to work on this!

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist
Requester: Decem
For: SS Monotype Sample Teams
Art Direction: A banner that contains the words "SS Monotype Sample Teams" and then Pokemon related to the same type and anything you feel like would make it look better. I would prefer a "cool" type like Dragon, Dark, Steel, Fairy, Psychic, or Ground, those types of things, but really anything works as long as it's not like a rare type like Electric, Fire, Fighting, or Rock. I would also prefer to have at least one Pokemon introduced in SS to differentiate it from the SM Sample Teams banner.

Many thanks in advance!
i'mma cop this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)