Finals The World Cup of Pokemon IV - Finals! [Won by Oceania]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrrona

starlet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Congratulations to Oceania + Earthworm--I knew you guys could do it! I’ve also got to applaud the other participants for making this an excellent tournament, especially from a spectator’s standpoint. Looking forward to next year!

Max

yadig
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Next year I shall play for Asia and we will see who laughs last...

but until then, congrats Oceania and EW! =D

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Great work there Earthworm, we all had faith in your abilities to pull this one out in the end.

I want to thank each and every one of my team members this year - you all did an outstanding job, and I don't want people to forget that in amongst everything else. Everybody pulled their weight, and you all came through for the team when we needed you the most. I think that was probably my favourite part about this tournament; we do have some of this generation's recognized "greats" but at the end of the day each player can only provide a single win (or two in the case of a tiebreaker ;]). It forces some of the more unrecognized players to shine, and everyone definitely did shine.

Congratulations to all participants this year - competition was fierce long before the finals, but as far as finals go I don't think we could have hoped for a more nail-biting finish. Thanks to Jackal and Shiv for once again running an amazing tournament.

I don't have much to say. Sorry team. I was at a pretty big team disadvantage but I lost my cool shortly after the beginning of the match and that's when I lost. A novice mistake for sure. Considering how EW and I played EW definitely deserved to win. GGs everyone and thanks for hosting this tournament each year, Shiv and Jackal. Shiv, I'm glad you contacted me on facebook for this tournament. It was fun to get back into pokemon for the summer. I realize I already said this but: sorry team. You guys definitely deserved to win again.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Congratulations Oceania. This tournament was full of alot of excitement and comebacks. I really hope to be more consistent in next year's tournament for Metro. I think we made a nice leap from the previous year. And I'm glad we lost to the winners. ;D

Great job on hosting this Jackal/Shiv. You guys definitely spent a lot of time organizing this and making sure everything ran smoothly.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Come home from school, and this. Fuck yes.

There was some great competition this year, and it really was the finals, coming down to the tiebreak. Asia played really well, and so did all the other teams.

I hope I can get on a team next year, and bring it glory.

I will never kill a worm again.

Well done to the Oceania team, you were awesome and did your region proud. Well done to Asia, all other competitors and the tournament host, I've enjoyed watching this tournament unfold.

Congratulations Oceania. Really well done. Amazing job.

Also congratus to EW for coming through under the pressure. I'd also like to say well done to the rest of the team.

Also, bad luck Asia, maybe next time. (But I hope not, sorry)

Btw, EW, any chance for a warstory?

Wow, that's the best possible thing to happen right when I get back from school. You've made me proud to be an Australian. Congratulations to all the other teams as well.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Shurtugal's comment reminds me, I think it'd be cool if we made the world cup final into a series of warstories, posted in chronological order. Of course, that would mean that at least one person from each battle would have to make the effort to do so (the winners?) but I reckon it'd be a cool idea nonetheless.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
great fucking job earthworm.

closing comments will come tomorrow but honestly guys i love you all <3

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
good job oceania for dethroning asia finally!

also props to shiv and jackal for hosting the most exciting tournament i've ever played in. i look forward very much to next year and hopefully captaining metro again!

Congratulation Oceania, very well done :) Gratz also to Azn proofing there strenght!

Such a cool tournament!!! Hopefully next year, Germany will make it at least to the final round*gg*

Have a good day
fuzzy

As everyone already knows, I won against husk in a fast-paced match. I'd like to thank my team (and jumpluff!) for being supportive of me and Team Asia for being a high quality team for Team Oceania to oppose in the finals, giving us some of the closest matches in the tournament, and being good sports. I'm glad I could win it for my team, leading up to the final tiebreaker match I had no idea what I was going to use and I ended up using a team I built the night before and it turns out it had a pretty great team matchup against husk's as he noted.

And of course, thanks and congratulations to Jackal and Shiv for hosting a great World Cup with a much more intense finals than last year's!

Malfunction

nice desu ne
Congratulations Earthworm and Team Oceania, the win was well deserved!

Also, thanks user loedoc for recording the battle. Watching it is way better than reading a log were more than 50% of the thing is "X has entered the room".

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to congratulate Earthworm and Oceania for this brilliant World Cup perfomance. Well done.

And Husk, you deserve just as much praise, even though you lost. You were basically the reason why Asia even reached the finals(not to belittle the other team members of course), you went unbeaten the entire tournament, and you were basically kickass. Bravo!

To both teams, congrats, and thanks for a scintillating World Cup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)