Those little things we don't talk about...

They made a cell phone ringer that rings that high when I was in school a bit back. It was made where older ears (teachers in this case) couldn't hear the noise but the kids could. It was a sneaky way to text in class (since vibrating still made some noise). I still hear the sounds of mute televisions and such, but not like I used to when I was younger. Just an age thing
I have several adult friends who are teachers, and when that thing became all the rage they could hear it and always slammed the kids using it.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
this thread is getting shittier lol
sounds about right

THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT STRANGE THINGS IN VIDEO GAMES. OR WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PLAY VIDEO GAMES. OR FUCKING VIDEO GAMES AT ALL.

It really is my own fault, most of the people posting here aren't old enough to have experience a sufficient amount of humanity yet to understand what exactly they should be talking about.

HERE'S ANOTHER EXAMPLE, FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO JUST AREN'T GETTING IT:

- when you wake up from a dream and remember it, but you take it into the waking world with you. I'll never forget the first time this happened: I must've been about 5 or 6, and in my dream I was walking into my room and surrounding my bed were these lifesized dolls, and the one I remember was a Ken doll in a yellow and red bathing suit holding a surfboard (and as a kid, a 6ft tall doll is fucked up). I got into bed, and all of a sudden Ken was wearing a suit, and he walked toward me. I closed my eyes real hard and he began patting me on the shoulder, saying repeatedly: "It's okay. It's okay." I woke up after a second, but I could still feel him patting me on the shoulder.

I'm just going to be the asshole and say that if you don't have a driver's license, you're probably too young to be posting in this thread

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Does anyone else have a tv where if it's on, but on a different input/whatever its called, and it's just a black screen, it still makes a high-pitched sound? It could just be me, but for my past few tvs and my current one, I can tell if its on even if im on a different room just because I can hear the high pitched whiny song.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
THAT'S CALLED ELECTRICITY THEY ALL DO THAT CAN WE FUCKING MOVE ON PLEASE

That strange sensation that you get after swimming in the surf at the beach.

It's like, when you're in bed trying to sleep, you feel the whole bed around you ebbing and flowing like the waves, as if your body still thinks you are bobbing up and down with them.

Fuck, I think this classifies because I'm not sure if anyone else experiences it, and anyone I've tried to explain it to looks at me like I'm insane.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
for it to classify other people need to experience it, so they can read this thread and go FUck!! yea what is that about!"?????

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
- when you wake up from a dream and remember it, but you take it into the waking world with you. I'll never forget the first time this happened: I must've been about 5 or 6, and in my dream I was walking into my room and surrounding my bed were these lifesized dolls, and the one I remember was a Ken doll in a yellow and red bathing suit holding a surfboard (and as a kid, a 6ft tall doll is fucked up). I got into bed, and all of a sudden Ken was wearing a suit, and he walked toward me. I closed my eyes real hard and he began patting me on the shoulder, saying repeatedly: "It's okay. It's okay." I woke up after a second, but I could still feel him patting me on the shoulder.
FUck! I know this!

I used to sleep walk as a child but I also had this dream thing. Three examples for effect:
-I had a dream after playing super smash bros (on n64 at camp. I hope this is acceptable like having a license) that I was fighting in super smash bros, I woke up and sat up but could still see kirby, pikachu, and mario fighting each other around my room.
-another time I dreamed I had a talk show in my dream and I interviewed many animals, people, and things, I woke up and had a talk show with my clock. I remember talking to it about time and just staring at the clock, for 2+ hours.
-I had a dream I was on csi and and was chasing bad guys. I woke up and looked up to see a person rummaging through my mom's dresser, I actually yelled at her to wake up and she obviously said there was no one there.

I hope providing more examples and discussing things is an acceptable use of this thread...

oh I have another potentially weird thing,

sometimes when I'm talking or just relaxing I completely lapse into a daze, just staring off into space and my eyes zoom in and out for a while until I shake myself from it.

Don't you just hate it when you're playing a video game online and someone else wants you to do something and they're like 'can't you just pause the game' and you're like 'no I fucking can't' and then you're all like 'daaaaaaamn'

Cooky

Banned deucer.
Thrush.

seriously its like you get it and you know about it and how to get rid of it and stuff because youre girlfriend will not get out of your face about it, but at the end of the day its just too awkward and you dont care enough to ask a pharmacist for special cream.

if you've had this you'll get me its like the definition of a little thing we dont talk about

- when you wake up from a dream and remember it, but you take it into the waking world with you.
Dreamed that one of my really good friends' little sisters was in the hospital dying once, that dream stuck with me just as strongly as it did when I woke up the entire day. Had to give her a huge hug the first time I saw her just because she didn't have all kinds of IV's and tubes and stuff around her.

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
I've had that happen a few times, but one that stands out the most were:

- I was getting up before sunrise, like 5 or 6am, to get to uni for my 8am classes. This time, my alarm went off, I looked at my clock, verified I couldn't stay in bed because it was 5 to 5, turned off the alarm, got up, got my clothes, trudged off to the shower, washed, came back to my room, and started packing my books for the day when my mum came in and said "What are you doing, it's 2 o'clock!" and I said "Are you sure, my alarm went off?" So I checked my clock, and it said 2am. "I said, oh, the alarm must have been misset, but then I saw it hadn't been turned off and it was set to the 5am time."

I don't know where the waking up point was, so for all I know THIS IS STILL A DREAM.

Ever since childhood, when it is dark, I can see some light patterns that float around my surroundings. I can see them with my eyes opened or closed. I've tried to catch them, or at least block them with my hands, but I can't, so that must mean the lights themselves must just be in my eyes or brain. For years now, there had always been five patterns:
~ a swirling red "buckyball" that starts out small but suddenly enlarges while moving;
~ a medium-sized swirling violet "buckyball";
~ a small-sized swirling green "buckyball";
~ a thin chain where the links are composed of orange dots, and the insides of each link filled with 3 dark green dots; and
~ a collection of little green and purple squares that looks like a beautiful green meadow with some purple flowers;

I've always thought that they only appear when its dark, but it turns out I could see it even if its bright, with my eyes closed or opened. At first, the patterns appear randomly, one by one, or all at once, constantly swirling, moving, dancing across my vision. But later on I could conjure the images myself. For example, I close my eyes and all those light patterns come in. If I focus on a spot and think hard about it, the swirling red "buckyball" comes out from that spot. If I think harder, I could "force" that red "buckyball" to change into another pattern, and then change it again, and so forth. My favorite has always been conjuring a red "buckyball", allow it to enlarge, make it smaller and green, make it smaller still and violet, and suddenly make it explode into the beautiful green and purple meadow pattern.

I'm still seeing all these patterns until this day. If any of you experiences the same thing, maybe that could assure me that I'm not going crazy. ^^

when you have a dream that you went to some place that you never went to and died there before but then you somehow go to that place later in your life

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ever since childhood, when it is dark, I can see some light patterns that float around my surroundings. I can see them with my eyes opened or closed. I've tried to catch them, or at least block them with my hands, but I can't, so that must mean the lights themselves must just be in my eyes or brain. For years now, there had always been five patterns:
~ a swirling red "buckyball" that starts out small but suddenly enlarges while moving;
~ a medium-sized swirling violet "buckyball";
~ a small-sized swirling green "buckyball";
~ a thin chain where the links are composed of orange dots, and the insides of each link filled with 3 dark green dots; and
~ a collection of little green and purple squares that looks like a beautiful green meadow with some purple flowers;

I've always thought that they only appear when its dark, but it turns out I could see it even if its bright, with my eyes closed or opened. At first, the patterns appear randomly, one by one, or all at once, constantly swirling, moving, dancing across my vision. But later on I could conjure the images myself. For example, I close my eyes and all those light patterns come in. If I focus on a spot and think hard about it, the swirling red "buckyball" comes out from that spot. If I think harder, I could "force" that red "buckyball" to change into another pattern, and then change it again, and so forth. My favorite has always been conjuring a red "buckyball", allow it to enlarge, make it smaller and green, make it smaller still and violet, and suddenly make it explode into the beautiful green and purple meadow pattern.

I'm still seeing all these patterns until this day. If any of you experiences the same thing, maybe that could assure me that I'm not going crazy. ^^
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater

its stuff like blood vessels and shit that breaks up at birth, most people have it

Roy

streetpkmn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This is a great thread. I'm glad other people appreciate the intricacies in random shit that happens in every day life. A couple things I do off the top of my head:

- When I set my alarm at night, I always have to double and triple check it to make sure I set the correct time. If I don't, I get paranoid and can't sleep, leading me to check again.

- The "9:11 time thing" happens to me as well. It's super weird.

- Whenever I'm driving, I'll go through hypothetical scenerios in my head like "what if I drove into oncoming traffic" or turned my wheel all the way while going 70 mph. I'll get anxious and sometimes convince myself "I might do it," but my rationality always ends up going against it.

- You know that high pitched sound you always hear in your ears, especially when it's completely silent? About a month ago at school before a big final, I couldn't get to sleep because I kept hearing the sound. When I tried to block it out, I would focus on it more and it would crescnedo until it was almost unbearable. Anytime I think about it while I'm attempting to fall asleep, I can't seem to block it out and end up staying awake 20 more minutes. It's quite annoying.

When you meet someone on the street you havn't seen in a long time but you aren't quite sure its really him so you choose to ignore him and walk past quietly, then you realise you have been staring at the guy the whole time without noticing as you get closer and closer and notice he has also been starting at you. Then you start wondering whether he was thinking the exact same thing as you.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Heh, agreed with Roy. Double checking my alarm is a must for me, mainly because I always like to be punctual. Or those times you think you left the stove on but you're already outside the house.

Imagining conversations with people from the past. Especially with people I hate.

Also, not sure if this counts, but those random frissons (shivers) you get when listening to emotionally charged music.

I had a couple of dreams where they played out in real life. Like predicting the future. It happened a few times before but I wrote it off as De ja vu. Then I started making sure I remembered any sort of dream that was realistic, yet strange and possibly never going to happen. This was in 6th grade so it was a pretty pretty long time ago, but I remember I had a dream where it was PE and I had a broken foot for some reason so I was sitting out. A girl comes up to me and asks me, "Can you take care of my turkey for me?" and I'm like "sure". Then I wake up. I chose that dream because it was so outlandish. It was like the most incidental event that I could have chosen so I chose it. And sure enough, I broke my foot during recess the next week and had to wear a boot-brace for a month or two during which my grade had to take care of pine cones that we decorated to look like turkeys for thanksgiving. I was sitting out at PE when the exact same girl came up to me and asked me "Can you take care of my turkey?" It was the weirdest thing that ever happened to me ever but it never happened again, sadly. I still remember it clearly even after so much time had passed.

When you are reading, and you start thinking of something, but your eyes keep gliding over the page, reading but not registering a single word. Then after you get to the end of the page you snap out of it and try to find out where you were on the page.

I just thought of some really good example and as I was thinking of it I walked into another room. Guess what. The thought's completely gone and I have spent like the last 5 minutes trying to remember it, just pacing between the rooms to no avail
I mean, what the hell, something from this thread getting in the way of me posting something in this thread @.@ It's like inception but with the little things we don't talk about instead of retarded dream shit

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Whenever I'm done using the restroom, I have to flick the lights off 2 times.

I don't know what's wrong with me.

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
this might sound racist but i've just done it three times today

when you're talking to someone where english is obviously not their first language, sometimes even when they say "okay" or give any reasonable answer i will repeat myself just to make sure they get it, even though i know they probably understand.

but there's still that doubt in my mind fuck what if he's just saying okay to get me to leave

whenever my parents park the car and i am in the passenger seat, as they park, i have a really strong urge to say "no you're doing it wrong" but i keep quiet because i am afraid that maybe i am actually wrong

Roy said:
- You know that high pitched sound you always hear in your ears, especially when it's completely silent? About a month ago at school before a big final, I couldn't get to sleep because I kept hearing the sound. When I tried to block it out, I would focus on it more and it would crescnedo until it was almost unbearable. Anytime I think about it while I'm attempting to fall asleep, I can't seem to block it out and end up staying awake 20 more minutes. It's quite annoying.
i read that this is because of the pressure within your ear system and how it's slightly different to what's outside, and the natural flow and movement of air particles hitting your eardrum causes that.
basically the high pitched whining is the sound of air.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
I just thought of another one while taking a dump at school earlier:

- whenever I'm using a restroom away from home that has a lock, I lock it. I'd be stupid not to, and I do this without fail. HOWEVER, whenever I hear someone coming outside, I always frantically look at the door to make sure I locked it, as if in the past minute or two the mechanism magically released, and I for a split second I am in full on fucking unbridled panic mode

lol that sounds like tinnitus, you should get your ears checked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)