US Regional Qualifier - Dallas, TX, May 29, 2010 - WON BY JGILES

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
And a big thanks to drcossack who helped me with my team. Surf over Water Spout saved me, man! I think there was someone who knocked out several good players then beat me in R4 but Marriland hack-checked and he had 255 EVs in everything, plus they were all shiny. There was a little bit of trouble with your Worlds09 Weavilej, mattj, but I explained it to him and it was okay.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
And a big thanks to drcossack who helped me with my team. Surf over Water Spout saved me, man! I think there was someone who knocked out several good players then beat me in R4 but Marriland hack-checked and he had 255 EVs in everything, plus they were all shiny. There was a little bit of trouble with your Worlds09 Weavilej, mattj, but I explained it to him and it was okay.
JRank, explain

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
2/5 They only really took Seattle and San Francisco, Xerograde was not active until after he won, jgiles wasn't even posting ahead of time, and you didn't even get top 2 at Birmingham, stop claiming people that have posted on this site barely ever and stop claiming people who don't even have an account.
Kinneas is pretty active on Smogon lol

For my first VGC, and training very last minute, I got top 32. I'm surprised how far I got, that's for sure. Thinking about writing a warstory later.

Congrats on the win, Giles. Way to represent our town. (I don't know if you remember my name, but I was the guy who came along with Ryan)

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If anyone saw me I was smallish kid in the finalist lounge with a red backpack and a huge water bottle.

Okay Jayque, thanks for posting that. However, bear with me while I ask about a couple hypothetical situations:

1. How exactly do you handle Fake Out? I can prevent you from getting up TR the first turn, which really hurts as that leaves either Solrock or Hippowdon (or, if Surf or Water Spout is used, both) wide open for an attack. Assuming Solrock is hit, your passho berry means very little as I can just finish you the next turn. Even if you protect, many of the popular water moves are multi-target and Hippowdon will die, and with Solrock, you just delay death by a turn.
Double protect first turn?

2. What if I pack two pokemon with super effective moves? Let's say I ran Kyogre+Ludicolo. How would you stop a double surf? Grass Knot is also a common move and hits your entire team very hard, especially considering most of your pokemon are heavy.
Ludi+Kyogre is not that used but you are right, it would screw his team.

Well, wasn't the worlds 09 weavile or whatever in a cherish ball? And since you can rng it, it's perfectly possible to get good IVs on it. Dunno what marriland would go on about...

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
2/5 They only really took Seattle and San Francisco, Xerograde was not active until after he won, jgiles wasn't even posting ahead of time, and you didn't even get top 2 at Birmingham, stop claiming people that have posted on this site barely ever and stop claiming people who don't even have an account.
I do believe that Kinneas is fairly active on smogon.

But anyway, congratulations jgiles. Good luck in Indy!

What exactly is a false positive? I've never heard that used before.
A situation that at first appears to be true (positive), but in fact, after further investigation, turns out to be not true. (false)

The true condition here being that the poke in question was a hack.

Eh, in simple terms: "false alarm"

I am going to personally vouch that mattj did get a couple Worlds09 Weavile in San Diego this last august. We even sat next to each other at worlds during the finals.

Just to nullify any complaints about the winner using Zeorwings team, he did not just copy Zerowing because he was a bad trainer. I watched the finals and he knew exactly what he was doing. It is not easy to go 4-0 in a regional finals, but he did it. There were very few hax's as well. Imo, the jgiles did not need to copy zerowings team to go far, he just saw a good team and decided to go with it. Honestly is anyone that does not make their own strategy any different. Ludicolo kyogre is really common but no one complains about users of them copying. Jgiles fought wonderfully and deserved the win and if anyone says that he didn't, watch the battle. Congrats.

Did anyone who went see the Girl who dressed up as The Rival in HG/SS lol.... It was a pretty fun experience... And for future reference to anyone on here going to a future event, I dont recommend using lugia, I swept all teams that used lugia 4-0... in the 4th round i lost due to a critical hit and a toxicroak sucker punch... not cool lol

crit hit and toxicicroak sucker punch, sounds like my leads of crit abuse honchkrow and toxicroak, but I lost in the fourth round, I did however get a 4-0 in 3rd round if you happen to be remembering wrong.

I got a warstory up as well if anyone cares.

Nope the guy i faced 4th round didnt use hunchcrow, he led with mewtwo and toxicroak.. then ran abomasnow and Kyogore... i knocked them all out except the toxicroak

Toxicroak is pretty good, with his water immunity, but on my team, it just made the kyogres blizzard or thunder my honchkrow. Sucks you lost in the fourth round. It wasn't nice to several good battlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)