US Regional Qualifier - Seattle, WA - May 8th, 2010 WON BY ZEROWING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh and I want to give a shout out to all the cool people I met that I hadn't talked to before :) Master Baller, Diesel, Katherine, Team Rocket Elite, etc You made the time after I was knocked out much better than it would have been otherwise!

for all those who didn't get what I was saying. Isn't it ironic that there were 493 non dq'd attendants at seattle and there are 493 pokemon?

I made it to the finalists lounge and then fought Diesel and lost. I thought it was a pretty close match and our teams shared 3 of 4 pokemon. One or two different move choices could have changed the game I think.

In any case, I'm pretty happy with how far I got. My first doubles tournament with my pure-theory, never-tested team did pretty well IMO.

Congrats on first, Zerowing!

here's a picture of me at the event;

not a great picture and my hair was all messed up by that time, but that's me.

lol. Well nobody spoke up when I asked about it so I figured I had to spell it out. I found it amusing at least, of course it is late at night and i am functioning with little sleep lately so I would probably find anthing amusing right now. Anyway people need to post some war stories and battle vids. I want to see what it was like there.

Supe

would you suck the poison out
Somebody mentioned the 493 thing way earlier in the thread. has anyone confirmed the nature and moveset of the Eevee yet? I think Yeti posted hardy, but I think (or hope) she was joking.

I was beaten to being first, but here's the video my group took of the final senior match:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApqvIT-r7V4

I'll try to get the other videos we took online soon.

Also congrats to zerowing on taking first place!
This is a better quality video people. Watch it (first viewer)

Nice to see hear all this good news, seems like nothing unexpected came up? Rotom used to be a rare case but it's interesting to see it appear. :D

GJ Smogoners.

Sure does, european qualifiers get two of them. 1 for 1st and one for 2nd, but obviously it has 2nd place or 1st place on each.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
haha that crit SUCKED.

I think HGSS are generally prone to sketch events like that moreso than DPPt.

it was over anyways, without Light Screen Blizzard was going to do some murdering to Abooma.

Got KO'd in the first round =[

Probably because I wasn't prepared n' stuff. (only 2 pokemon I EV'd and uh... 3 glass cannons=BAD IDEA)
I'll try harder next year!
(Maybe I'll put some pics up later?)

Gratz! Zerowing!

I just got back to Vancouver and it's 5am lol. I lost my first match after entering top 16. Right after the match though, I realized I totally misplayed my last turn and could have actually won with certainty (unless my opponent got a critical hit on last move). If I won that one and then one more, I would have faced the mighty Zerowing haha! If there's interest, I could post my team and story and whatnot (probably not now since I've been awake the past 23 hours). I wanted to battle more players right after the tournament, but at the same time my friends and I had other plans.

O well, considering I had 0 actual practice battles before the tournament, I was happy with how far I got.

Oh and I want to give a shout out to all the cool people I met that I hadn't talked to before :) Master Baller, Diesel, Katherine, Team Rocket Elite, etc You made the time after I was knocked out much better than it would have been otherwise!
I think you mean my friend Catherine (it starts with C)? It was nice to have met u and talked with u a bit!

I'd definitely go enter the tournament again next year if my local friends are available to accompany me (and hopefully enter also), and obviously if I have the time.

EDIT: O yeah, after the final match (between Zerowing and Fish), I was thinking... ... Shedinja could have potentially used Sunny Day / Protect a few times to hopefully stall out Sucker Punch PP and still might have had a chance to win (assuming Aboma and Top had not other moves to hit Shedinja)? EDIT:... Wait, sorry that was not the final match. Bah.

Here's a link to see the finals (clear, but shaky):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-BOVqlRFWo

This year there was some Team Rocket cost-plays... Next year my group and I might be either Main Characters (Ash, Gold, Red, etc.) or we might be Team Galactic.... or the next new "Team" that comes out on Black and White.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Really?? Groudon + Rotom F made it to the finals?! I RNG'd 2 different Rotoms, but neither one tested well with Groudon early on, so I gave up on them......

maybe I should try them again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)