VGC 2013 Regional Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I prefer this over ubers or the Unova Dex-only cups that let you use event mons. My only complaint is that people who don't have a 3DS are at a disadvantage because all of the Therians are very viable.

(Though one can say that most of the good competitive people in the running have already won them from past competitions.)

That being said, new tutors in conjunction with old and new DW ones should make for an interesting season.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Chatter and Chatot's cry can be used to spout profanities at your opponent without actually spouting profanities at your opponent.

I think that's the reason anyway...

Chatter and Chatot's cry can be used to spout profanities at your opponent without actually spouting profanities at your opponent.

I think that's the reason anyway...
This seems likely for a reason for chatot to be banned.

I am mixed on this format. Obviously psyched to see it decided, dont get me wrong, but poor, too easily walled by steels, Cinccino. On the other hand... My efforts to obtain a certain gyrados havent been in vain.

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Wow, deep cut on that one. BW2 Move Tutors were not allowed in the October 14th Regionals but will be allowed for the remainder of the season.

In case you missed it, updated ruleset.

He probably failed to notice that the majority of the posts on the previous page were from August, and then the thread was revived with the recent update of the rules.

Oh please. People keep whining that the new format isn't fun and exciting. Well then, I have a challenge for them: find something unique to use. Then you won't be so bored.

Also, this new format needs more Weather Ball Raikou..... :3

Here I was, worried about using a Low Kick Ttar bred in 5th Gen and a Dreamyard Latios. Now I can rest easy. Thanks for the info.

This format is better than last year. Now Excadrill has to decide on Iron Head or X-Scissor.

Question: Has Thundurus-T gained any merits for use? I see that Torn-T is the new Hurricaner, and Lando-T is making a run at Hitmontop's crown, but what about the serpent?

Question: Has Thundurus-T gained any merits for use? I see that Torn-T is the new Hurricaner, and Lando-T is making a run at Hitmontop's crown, but what about the serpent?
Thundurus-T has fantastic Special Attack, but decent speed. Landorus has the same speed issue, but Intimidate brings it into much greater use. Volt Absorb can be used to some extent, if you want to make an educated switch, but other than that, it just has bloody good special attack.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thundurus-T is definitely usable, but I think the Incarnate forme will be more popular, because there's a bunch of common stuff you lose to in the 102-110 speed tier.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I can see Thundurus-T being popular simply because it's a good check for Zapdos, opposing Thundurus and to a lesser degree Rotom. The most that Thundurus (I and T) can do to Thundurus-T is Hidden Power; Zapdos has Heat Wave and Hidden Power, but is outsped by Thundurus-T.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)