SPOILERS! Wonder Trades

I once got a random Mewtwo over Wonder Trade... bad Nature and stuff, but still pretty cool.

I also got a Phione, which is a pretty neat trade for people who don't have access to Manaphy (since iirc you can't get Phione over the GTS).

I got a 6IV Japanese male Ralts with Memento over Wonder Trade O.O It's awesome for Masuda breeding, but unfortunately, its egg group isn't the best for it. Both Ralts lines rely on BW2 tutor moves, some of them like to be slow for Trick Room (Spiritomb, Cofagrigus, Reuniclus), and Trevenant really wants its hidden ability (which takes way longer to breed). Still, it's pretty amazing, and can be used to breed shiny Gengar, Jellicent, Chandelure, and Gourgeist with at least 5 IVs guaranteed, so yeah, pretty awesome.

I've gotten some other cool Masuda stuff too (female HA Eevee with perfect Def/SpAtk/SpDef/Speed and a 30 HP IV), as well as a shiny red Basculin from Unova that was caught in a Master Ball (lulz).

Something really strange just happened. I sent off my Scatterbug on Wonder Trade a couple of hours ago. Just then it came back to me, so I decided that... it was meant to be with me lmao. Has anyone else got their mons back on Wonder Trade? Because I think it's p cool that it's passed so many systems and then comes back to me.
Getting back your Pokémon? Holy fuck.

For my Wonder Trades, I've only got junk from Japanese and Korean people. Mother effing Asians.

Last edited:
Last friday I got a Tauros shiny with 6ivs level 100. I was so happy!

Curiously, the OT's name is Smogon. :P

I expected something like this. I'm not gonna use it in battles, but it'll help me to breed field pokemons. Can this be considered illegal?

It's offspring will be legal as far as the game can tell, the only issue is that some people don't like it based on morals or whatever...

I just got a mostly perfect Japanese Skill Link Shellder (everything but Sp. Attack) that has both Rock Blast and Icicle Spear. Honestly...I'm a tad suspicious even if it's not shiny...

I've gotten some pretty cool stuff from Japanese players. Not much from Korean players, but I haven't run into many Korean players yet.

And no one plays Pokemon in China anymore.

I got a perfect 5IV bold Mismagius from an English girl as well as a random Mewtwo from an Italian guy today :D I like getting nice surprises like those, it make me feel that faith in humanity is restored after all of those early-game-wild-caught annoying commons and pseudo breeding rejects with nothing special at all (often not even a single perfect IV).

I already posted it in the ORAS topic, but with Hoenn remakes confirmed, assuming Wonder Trade is back and is compatible with X and Y (and I think it will be), we can expect a massive wave of Poochyenas and Wurmples, those will probably be the new WT annoyers alongside Bunnelby, Fletchling and other XY early game stuff, and of course Zigzagoon will be worse than ever :p when those game officially release I think the first thing I'll do will be massive Wonder Trading on my X game to see the impact of ORAS on the WT system!

Are people unusually generous today? I got two KB 6IV Pokemon today and both of them were male - a Timid Magby from OT Nath and a Modest Skrelp from OT Martijn. Awesome!

(Before anyone says I'm "lucky"....I've only gotten 3 6IV Pokemon and 4 5IV-in-the-right-stats Pokemon after 1.2k+ Wonder Trades. :P)

EDIT;; Got a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Adamant KB Beldum. This is a good night for Wonder Trade.

Last edited:
Best thing I got through Wonder Trade was a Ho-Oh.
Not great IVs or anything but it did give me it for my Pokedex.

I don't understand why you constantly see like level 3 Weedles and Pokemon that are obviously catch very early game with no value what so ever really. Are this many people starting a new game and just trading them or are people just trolling? Personally, I take those 'mons I know no one wants out. I release them from the harsh life of wonder trading.

Back