World Cup: South Africa 2010 - Paul and Spain win!

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm rooting for England, though deep inside I have a funny feeling that Spain is gonna take the goods.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
England vs USA looks like a real good soccer match tomorrow btw, too bad I have to work

I missed the first game due to work, but managed to listen to most of it on the radio. The atmosphere in the stadium sounded amazing, I just hope there's no trouble after matches.. I'm looking forward to the Uruguay vs. France game tonight, hoping those surrender monkeys don't make it out of the group stages.

Any thoughts on the new ball? Apparently it's more spherical than ever before! lol

edit: goldeen plays for uruguay!

...ok that sounded quite bad now that I think about it, but I meant the French lol. Isn't their flag completely white yet? Sorry I'm still bitter for the Irish.

I didn't like the first half quite as much as the second half in this match. It seemed to get quicker paced. A lot of fouls, a few yellow cards and the first red card of the match. Pretty physical match, but physical isn't always great and that was pretty much the case with this one; this match was decent but not good.

Also, I'm wondering if anyone is going to try and make something of the hand ball. It definitely wasn't on purpose and his hand was basically up against his body, so really nothing to me although it might have been to some die-hard French fans. Oh well. I'm looking forward to seeing Uruguay play again!

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
I dont get why you people make such a big deal over it, it CLEARLY wasnt a handball. The guy had his arm completely over his chest. Straight from the rules:

However, a hand ball foul should not be called if: (1) a player is instinctively trying to protect himself from injury or (2) the player did not deliberately touch the ball but the ball hit his arm & he did not move the arm toward the ball (however, if the player's arms were in an unnatural position such as above his shoulders or sticking out to the sides, then he should be called for a handball).

The defender didnt have his arms in an unnatural position, therefore it was not a handball. Jeez french players are looking for free stuff after what they did to Ireland...

all i heard on the radio was "and henry is signalling for a handball"

and i thought anyone with a french flag on their car should get a ticket for just in general being *insert negative term*

Why are either the French or the Uruguayians blowing on a fucking vuvuzeula? They make so much and so irritating noise. If it happens when South Africa plays, ok. It's part of the South African culutre. But if I hear that noise every match again, I'm going to stop watching the World Cup. It sounds like flies flying around a piece of shit

Vuvuzeula is part of south african's culture to support their teams, and yes you will heard this noise every match, every single match. xd

I'm glad México at least got the tie. I was so happy when they scored the goal.

I'm hoping they can at least win one match and they pretty much qualify since the other match was 0-0

Why are either the French or the Uruguayians blowing on a fucking vuvuzeula? They make so much and so irritating noise. If it happens when South Africa plays, ok. It's part of the South African culutre. But if I hear that noise every match again, I'm going to stop watching the World Cup. It sounds like flies flying around a piece of shit
Youd better get used to it, because they did it during the whole Confederations Cup last summer and now its World Cup time so they'll be even louder this time

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
not to meantion the last time we clashed vs a full strength Italian side you won 4-3. Pretty close fame for the world champians against little old New Zealand, not to meantion the fact that we lead for most of the match as well.

Wishful thinking I guess

Because at the stadiums, no matter the game, it's at least 80% South Africans and 20% the rest, do you really think the France/Uruguay match had many French/Uruguayan fans out there? ...

The new ball is definitely bouncier or something, did you see that long ball in the second half of Mexico V SA that bounced so high the guy (forgot who) jumped and he still couldn't touch it, I thought it was a basketball for an instant.

Also, no more vuvuzelas or whatever they're called please aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Disappointed at Mexico, sure it was a difficult game, but i think in the end it was not the referee, or the stadium and fans the difference, it was Parreira. He had a better strategy for the second half, and they almost went 2-0 in a second.

Mexico had a good first half but i'm not convinced by Franco and Perez(GK), they really should try against France with Hernandez and Ochoa(gk) instead.

As for France and Uruguay, the match was very fierce and they just couldn't damage each other, after the draw in SA vs Mexico they didn't felt the need to risk more, and they will try to get 3 points in the next game.

I sucked at predicting lol, but here is my try for day 2

Argentina 2-0 Nigeria
England 2-1 USA
Greece 1-1 South Korea

Even with that prediction i really want USA to do better in that game. I'll be glad if they win for some reason lol.
I don't know if i will wake up at 7am to watch Greece vs Korea lol.

Well, there is nothing to be disappointed about Mexico because the main reason for their failure was tactics. Being called as a legendary play, Chauhtemoc Blanco didn't start. Moreover, instead of letting Guardado starting in the left, a striker by nature who can also manage as an LAM, Vela started.

My predictions for day 2.

Argentina 1-0(Unfortunately :( )
England 4-0(YES!! DO IT!!!!!)
Greece 3-1 South Korea

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)