Your Favorite Theme in Pokemon?

I.... have kazoo covers. They aren't as awesome, but still good. The Red/Lance theme may be the best, but I really hope he does Steven's theme.

Why do I spend my time listening to covers on a kazoo? Because I can.

I also think Diantha has one of the best champion themes. It fits perfectly with her character, and when I reached her for the first time I got super excited hearing this music.

I.... have kazoo covers. They aren't as awesome, but still good. The Red/Lance theme may be the best, but I really hope he does Steven's theme.

Why do I spend my time listening to covers on a kazoo? Because I can.

I also think Diantha has one of the best champion themes. It fits perfectly with her character, and when I reached her for the first time I got super excited hearing this music.
Kazoos? Might as well go with bagpipes and accordians!:
Okay, I actually really like the Sootopolis accordian cover.

This theme is freaking up there. If you take time and listen through, you can hear all your struggles that played out until this very moment. I thought it was insane enough to hear emerald make a theme this epic, but the fact that I've only reached one frontier brain by luck makes it all the more epic. This literally sounds like you're at your wits end.

I honestly think this is one of the most atmospheric themes in pokemon. I remember the first time I went to the old chateau as a kid I literally had to turn off the sound of my ds. Seriously creepy.

0:30 onward is where it gets real good. My god is his song fitting for a haunted mansion

Cerberax

Dancing through life
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I will always love a lot of music from gen 3, mostly for nostalgic reasons. In particular I adore the ending theme to Ruby and Sapphire.

As far as anime themes go, my favorites are the songs to seasons 1, 12, and 16.

I love the music from Zinnia's battle, and I also really enjoy the outside Pokemon League music (outside of the building)
I also love Driftveil city music, in B/W.

Mine mostly consist of intense battle themes:

Gen 1: Battle! Champion

Gen 2: Dark Cave

Gen 3: Battle! Deoxys

Gen 4: Battle! Giratina (Platinum)

Gen 5: N Final Battle

Gen 6: Eon Flute Night theme

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
What comes to mind when you think of the words "Pokémon remix"? To me, it's the memorable battle themes that are reused in later generations, such as the Gym Leaders' themes in the PWT and fan-made stuff.

I'm not a huge fan of some of them, because they often don't have much effort put into them. The Johto Gym Leader battle theme and Steven's battle theme in the PWT felt this way to me.

Yesterday, however, I learned that remixes don't necessarily have to be of intense battle themes. This piece of music from Pokémon Platinum that I found is the most utterly chill thing I've heard in a while. It also feels like its own song, in a way - I couldn't even recognize it as a remix at first!

Anyway, enjoy the music.

My favourite OST as of now is ORAS's Wally's battle theme. it's got such an 'epic' feel to it and it also symbolizes very well Wally's growth as a character. I just love it.
Zinnia's battle theme comes second and Slateport city ranks 3rd.

ORAS had an absolutely exceptional soundtrack imho.

As for the anime, my all time favourite is without a shadow of doubt this one:
"Each time you try; it's gonna get just a little bit better. Each step you climb; it's one more step up the ladder!" /LifeLessonsWithPokemon

My favourite theme of all has to be Unwavering Emotions:
It's not a happy/fierce/upbeat/etc. song, but it's just full of emotions (as the title suggest).
Hearing this at the end of Black/White makes me think back of all the adventures I've had and how many more are to come.
Maybe I'm just a sucker for violins/pianos in music, but it's just so damn good. That's why I was so pleasantly surprised when I walked into a random house in Coumarine City and after talking to a specific person this song started to play.
I just listened for about 15 minutes. Even Gamefreak knows how good this song is.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
My favourite theme of all has to be Unwavering Emotions:
It's not a happy/fierce/upbeat/etc. song, but it's just full of emotions (as the title suggest).
Hearing this at the end of Black/White makes me think back of all the adventures I've had and how many more are to come.
Maybe I'm just a sucker for violins/pianos in music, but it's just so damn good. That's why I was so pleasantly surprised when I walked into a random house in Coumarine City and after talking to a specific person this song started to play.
I just listened for about 15 minutes. Even Gamefreak knows how good this song is.
One of my favorite sad/thoughtful themes. In recent games they got really good at making those:

N's Farewell (there's also a Symphonic version)
N's Room (and the corrupt version in BW2)
Friends Forever
Terrible Past (AZ's Theme)
Emma's Theme
Looker's Sorrowful Theme
The Lament of Falling Stars (Zinnia's Sad Theme)
A Path We All Must Walk

But Unwavering Emotion was the first that really got my attention, thanks in part of the scenes it played for...

I'm a bit depressed now, let me lighten the mood with a theme of a sad character... becoming AWESOME:

One of my favorite sad/thoughtful themes. In recent games they got really good at making those:

N's Farewell (there's also a Symphonic version)
N's Room (and the corrupt version in BW2)
Friends Forever
Terrible Past (AZ's Theme)
Emma's Theme
Looker's Sorrowful Theme
The Lament of Falling Stars (Zinnia's Sad Theme)
A Path We All Must Walk

But Unwavering Emotion was the first that really got my attention, thanks in part of the scenes it played for...

I'm a bit depressed now, let me lighten the mood with a theme of a sad character... becoming AWESOME:
Most people tend to overlook the sadder themes, as Pokémon is played by most people to relax and enjoy themselves. Not saying that the fiercer and happier themes aren't awesome, because Wally's theme and many more are amazing.
But in my opinion, Unwavering Emotions and the ones you listed, are so much more jam-packed with emotion and feelings. Then again I am a sucker for violins and pianos,which brings me to this beauty:
I remember entering Snowbelle city and just be amazed. When I play X and Y, I always stop at Snowbelle just to hear this theme. So amazing how much better music can make things. When I was younger, I wasn't allowed to turn the music on because my parents hated the 8-bit tunes. But with these masterpieces they don't mind and I can finally experience the full adventure (or I could use headphones but that's beside the point).

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Most people tend to overlook the sadder themes, as Pokémon is played by most people to relax and enjoy themselves. Not saying that the fiercer and happier themes aren't awesome, because Wally's theme and many more are amazing.
But in my opinion, Unwavering Emotions and the ones you listed, are so much more jam-packed with emotion and feelings. Then again I am a sucker for violins and pianos,which brings me to this beauty.
I remember entering Snowbelle city and just be amazed. When I play X and Y, I always stop at Snowbelle just to hear this theme. So amazing how much better music can make things. When I was younger, I wasn't allowed to turn the music on because my parents hated the 8-bit tunes. But with these masterpieces they don't mind and I can finally experience the full adventure (or I could use headphones but that's beside the point).
If we're talking about overworld themes I recently got to liking the theme for Sea Mauville and Southern Island. Its a somber theme (though Sea Mauville's version is a bit more pumped up) which makes you feel you're exploring a mysterious place and discovering its secrets (which now that I think about is what you're doing). There's also the Sealed Chamber which gives a similar feeling but there's something a bit more foreboding to it.

If we're talking about overworld themes I recently got to liking the theme for Sea Mauville and Southern Island. Its a somber theme (though Sea Mauville's version is a bit more pumped up) which makes you feel you're exploring a mysterious place and discovering its secrets (which now that I think about is what you're doing). There's also the Sealed Chamber which gives a similar feeling but there's something a bit more foreboding to it.
Yeah, mysterious themes are often really great. Another one of those mysterious, maybe a bit eerie, themes I quite like is Mt. Pyre. It's graveyard and the music really complements that. The reason why it shares its music with Shoal Cave is to me unknown. As for adventurous themes, Stark Mountain is a definite favourite. It really emphasizes the happy upbeat tunes and makes you want to go exploring. Lastly, there is Route 10 in Black and White, which always reminded me of Professor Layton. Why did this Route have to be scrapped in BW2?! They didn't even put this theme in the game as an easter egg or something. Missed chance...

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Lastly, there is Route 10 in Black and White, which always reminded me of Professor Layton. Why did this Route have to be scrapped in BW2?! They didn't even put this theme in the game as an easter egg or something. Missed chance...
Actually they did. In Icirrus City there's a house normally not accessible except in winter when you're able to climb over the snow to it. In the original BW it had the foreign ex-Rocket Grunt from the Johto games (the one you find in post game Kanto having stolen the Power Plant's machine part and spoke funny), but in BW2 it contains an ex-Magma and Aqua grunt plus a this person. This third person says they're a sound designer of the game, believed to be Shota Kageyama (hey, remember all those sad/thoughtful themes we like? Guess who made them plus a ton of other stuff), and he'll play Route 10's music for you (though sadly only in the house).

Actually they did. In Icirrus City there's a house normally not accessible except in winter when you're able to climb over the snow to it. In the original BW it had the foreign ex-Rocket Grunt from the Johto games (the one you find in post game Kanto having stolen the Power Plant's machine part and spoke funny), but in BW2 it contains an ex-Magma and Aqua grunt plus a this person. This third person says they're a sound designer of the game, believed to be Shota Kageyama (hey, remember all those sad/thoughtful themes we like? Guess who made them plus a ton of other stuff), and he'll play Route 10's music for you (though sadly only in the house).
Oh my god, why haven't I ever spoken to that guy? I'm sure I've been to that house quite some times already, but for some reason I must have forgotten to speak to that guy. Either that or I've just forgotten hearing it.
Thanks for reminding though, but it does make me paranoid that I've missed more things like the latter.*spends entire evening playing BW/BW2 and roaming the region searching for things I might have missed*
To make this still appropriate for the themes thread: A favourite from a spinoff rather than a main game, one of the battle themes from Pokepark 2.

I seem to dislike a lot of battle music, I feel like it's normally has too much going on there are exceptions though.

My top 10:

1) Verdanturf Town (RSE)
2) National Park (GSC)
3) Undella town - Winter (BW)
4) Anistar City (XY)
5) Route 1 (RBY)
6) Vs Champion Blue (RBY)
7) Vs Red/Lance (GSC)
8) Mt Pyre (RSE)
9) Sealed Chamber (RSE)
10) Sea Mauville (ORAS)

HM: Gym Leader Theme (RBY), Surfing (RSE), Dark Cave (GSC)

I do love pretty much every theme from Gen's 1-3. I don't find anything from Gen 4 memorable except for that awful remaster of National Park (wtf was that). Gen's 5 and 6 was a mixed bag.

For the best Anime theme:

This is also the most underrated theme song by far:

Just beat Explorers again and wow, I gotta add this one my top 5 list as well.
It's so damn emotional, no wonder why I love this game.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Felt like this was the best place to post this, and wanted to ask if y'all would recommend going to the Symphonic Evolutions concert that's going around the world. It'll be in town for me late October and as of now I'm planning on going (I enjoy spending hours listening to various themes), but wanted to get opinions in case someone here has gone before and didn't find it enjoyable or if their experience was incredible, etc.

Aside from that, there's too many good themes to mention. I don't remember the Gen 5 or Gen 6 ones too much (probably because I only played through each game once as opposed to the 4+ times I've played all the other games), but I'd probably say Mystery Dungeon ones would probably be my favorite. I love the Hoenn ones too, and I find it cool that you can sorta tell the differences between the trumpets in Gen 3 and Gen 4 (I grew up as a Trumpet player, so it sticks out to me clearer than most people).

I like most of the anime intros too, and it took me a while to find this one, but I absolutely love it:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)