Your most Memorable moment from Gold/Silver

Boxing my unleveled or touch Cyndaquil! yep good times.
I ditched him for rattata because it knew the best move ever CUT!
lol i'm just playing, I saw a entie on the grass and i thought it was arcanine then i ran then found out there was 3 legends on the loose.

Heh, don't laugh at me for this, my first run though of Silver, I've never had Gold, I had probably the most trouble with Jazmine. I got through everything else with relative ease, bar Ice Path, but we'll get to that in a minute. See, here was my thought process at the time, Steel is a metal, Water is... well, water, what happens to metal when it's exposed to water over time? Rust! Thus, Water must be effective against Steel, right? I remember I had Poliwhirl (since I had no one to trade with for a Politoad *forever alone*), Gyarados (not Red Gyarados) and Quagsire. Back then I never knew the epicness of a Quagsire and called it a reject, but that's not even on topic.

So yeah, her Magnimite took me down Quagsire and Quagsire was taken out by her Steelix. Eventually I took her down, with the Water types, I might like to add. And I remember seeing her in the show with her Steelix before I even got Silver and I was like, HUERGVKAFDEGWEFVEQFGHADS!!!11!!!1111!1!!!!1!!! I WANIT! But again, off topic. And of course the personal hell that was Ice Path, I could not, for the life of me, get passed that first puzzle. By the time I had gotten passed it, I had gone back and caught everything I could (including Delibird, which wiped out my stock of Ultra Balls, I ended up using a Great Ball on it and got it) thinking that maybe if I did, I'd be shown the way.

Lol, those were a couple of troubles I had.

Gen 2 is the best gen ever. My best memory is when i found out Typhlosion could learn Thunderpunch. And when my little sister stole my cartridge (she was 3) and when I tried to get it back she threw it at the wall.... now i cant open the menu ingame...

having all my pokemon die on the second of the elite for and yet my level 67 typhlosion won it for me with 2 revies and 2 hyper potions one revive to revive my level 26 dewgong and switch him in when phlosion died than switch 1 revive on typhlosion but dragonite did something dumb and i got a free hyper potion on typhlosion and raped
That reminds me of the days when you would be battling someone important, and then you'd be distracted (Having not saved previously) and you come back and your DS/GBA is dead. I used to go crazy when that happened, but then of course try again, and get something mega good when I did!

I spent a while mowing the grass outside of Vermillion city. It amused me so.

EDIT: I also have a Max Stat Dragonite in Crystal. I have no idea how I got it. Has Hyper Beam, Outrage, Fire Blast, Blizzard and holds a dragon fang. I like to use in the battle tower for fun.

Oh Lord, mine would probably have to be my first level 100, ever. You'll never guess who it is.
FEAROW! That thing was a baller back then. Don't ask me why I did, lmao. I remember getting up at 7 AM and stuff (when I was off school) and training it. I didn't have a Gameboy light back then, so I just had to turn my room light on and do it.
God, those were the days. xD

I was like 7 years old. In my Crystal version, I remember the moment when I first met Suicune. The first legendary I met in my whole life. I was completely excited. Unfortunately, I killed it.

When i found out you could clone pokemon when a guy in spain told me, and having AN ARMY OF TYPHLOSIONS. And how i though typhlosion was the best thing ever...

Realizing that the game didn't end when beating the Elite Four!
This took about 6 months to realize so by then i had beaten them a few times.
Also battling my friends in a tournament where we all got 1 week to make the best team possible, and then getting that link cable action going.

I got loads of memories of these games, even if I came into them a little later.

Despite being a big fan of Pokemon in its first year in America, with Pokemon Blue followed by the card game's first two sets, by 2000 I suffered some major Poke-burnout and just wasn't ready to commit to a new game. Looking back, I think it had a lot to do with just the sheer volume of new games, particularly RPGs, coming out at that time, and my interest was just elsewhere. Before I knew it, Crystal was released and I didn't even know any of the new Pokemon or have any idea what kind of new things were in store for Generation II. I ended up emulating Silver version probably around a year and half after it came out, but it wound up hooking me all over again. I never owned the actual cart, but I put more hours into this one than Blue version by far, and in general just "took" to Johto better than Kanto. Not sure if it was the new monsters or the more polished game design or what, but it left more of an impression.

The best memory was either going back to Kanto for the first time, or getting my first level 100 ever - my Furret. Yep, sweeping the E4 with my tube-sock monster was one of my big gaming accomplishments at the time. Iron Tail for rocks, Shadow Ball for ghosts, and Slash for everything else. If I'd of known Return was so good back then I probably would have used that, but I was all about the crits anyway.

I also remember being so confused on how durable Magnemites were. They were part steel now, which I think I was aware of, but everything I hit 'em with seemed to be "not very effective". They kinda replaced Geodudes as the new grand annoyance for me.

Running into raikou for the first time! I had no idea he existed and the music was awesome. Of corse I thought my game was glitched

I think my most fond memory was exploring Sprout Tower on Christmas 2000, the day I got Gold.

I also remember the first time I discovered the Unown and the first time I beat Red.

nuzlocking it
battling blue with my lvl 57 slowking, against his last pokemon Exeggutor lvl 58, and it used egg bomb x2...crits for both, and slowking dies. I loved it so much....and it was gone forever, also my secrect weapon against Red's Charizard....Fuck you Blue, Fuck You

This goes back to when I got Gold when I was like five. I chose totodile because he just looked awesome. I got to the E4 with little trouble, bar miltank and, for some odd reason, Claire's kingdra. I pretty much swept through the E4 with no trouble and finally made it to Lance. My team was actually pretty evenly balanced so I actually did something to Lance. He sent out his 3rd DNite and it just swept my team. I decided to go to route 26 and did 2 straight weeks of power leveling my Feraligatr, all the way to level 100 (my first). I went back, made it to Lance, and got swept...again. Deciding that Lance was impossible to beat, I erased my file and decided to search throughout the game to see if I missed anything within the story that would make Lance possible (I hated Ho-Oh, so that was pretty much out of the question). I didn't find anything, but I was in the Goldenrod Department Store for the mystery gift when I found the TM corner and Ice Punch. By now I had figured out that ice was strong against flying, and I knew DNite was part flying, so I figured I could finally win that stupid battle. I won with a level 47 Feraligatr and a few other pokes, but I had finally done it...and then Kanto. Yeah, really not a great couple of months for me. Took me 3 generations to start grinding again.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have a lot of good memories playing Gold/Silver with friends, but I do remember finding my first shinies other than the Red Gyarados. Tentacool and Entei. If it wasn't for the Red Gyarados I might have noticed they were shiny at first. Since then, the only wild shiny I've found was an Unown A on Fire Red (and I've put a lot of hours into every game)!

Of everything I did on my Silver cartridge, nothing was more memorable than my first meeting with Raikou.

I was walking in the grass just outside Cherrygrove, for what reason I don't remember anymore, when an encounter was sprung upon me and I was suddenly face to face with the legendary Raikou! I never pass up the opportunity to catch something new, so I engaged in combat using my only decently leveled Pokemon, my level 34-ish Croconaw. For some reason, the Raikou didn't run, but fought right back, and I managed to get it in the red before tossing an Ultra Ball at it. It was only after it escaped that capture attempt that the creature fled.

I haven't heard anything similar happening to anyone else since then. Perhaps my game glitched? Or perhaps I was chosen by Raikou, haha. I continued to track it down for a long time afterward, but I never caught it (nor Entei and Suicune, though I tried, dammit!) before my internal battery died and everything was gone. :'(

My memory of GSC was the time i founded a SHINY RAIKOU and i caught it with a great ball
Also i remember to catch a shiny golduck and nidoran m(Nidoking and Raikou were powerhouses in my team.

Also i remember when i destroyed Red´s Espeon,Venusaur and Snorlax with that Nidoking

Spending ~2 years exploring the house thinking what was so great about pokemon (it was my first gameboy game ever, I was like 5).

Then I learned you could exit through the carpets...

Gold was my first pokemon game, and without all of the memories I made playing it I wouldn't be here today.

I couldn't ever beat the Elite 4 as a kid so I would end up just getting frustrated and restarting it. Looking back, I realize I was trying to win with some pretty terrible 'mons.

Anyway in one of the run-throughs I ran into Suicune for the first time (on that file). My first poke wasn't going to be fast enough to damage it, and my best ball was a Great Ball. I had nothing to lose so I threw it. I can still see that little blue ball arcing across the screen, headed straight for that magnificent beast. It opened up and Suicune was inside; I knew it wouldn't last long though. I was expecting it to burst out of my Great Ball and flee, but it just kept shaking in that certain way only a poke ball can. Once, twice, three times. I couldn't believe it. I had captured the Aurora Pokemon. This is hands down my best experience in Gold.

Some honorable mentions are: Climbing Burnt Tower time and time again to catch Ho-oh, finally killing Whitney's Miltank every time, the first time that I caught Lugia, and last but certainly not least, discovering that Lapras was the monster roaring in Union Cave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)