Your most Memorable moment from Gold/Silver

Finding a shiny nidoran male and thinking it was strange that it was blue xD
Finding a shiny flaaffy and not having enough pokeballs, same with a shiny arboc and girafarig T_T
When my togepi used metronome and transformed into a colorful ratata (togepi colors, I think its a glitch)

I played this game so many times I bet I have way more moments than those xD

When my togepi used metronome and transformed into a colorful ratata (togepi colors, I think its a glitch)
Nope, that's normal. When a Pokemon Transforms it keeps its own pallette, so Ditto becomes a purple version of the foe, Mew's more pink (possibly with some blue because of Mew's eyes), and if it's pulled via Metronome then things can get weird like you saw.

Some things that I remembered that I didn't post ages ago:
  • Bizarre results of messing up the cloning glitch. Somehow got a Skiploom called "SKI" out of nowhere. Strangely, it didn't register in the Pokedex.
  • Really bizarre glitch happened while I was breeding Eevees. Had five eggs. The first four were Tentacools. The last was a Lv6 Lapras. What.
  • Played a partially trnslated ROM of Silver. Something went wrong somewhere in there and Erika had a Lv100+ Pinsir with Megahorn. I believe that beating Janine before challenging Erika stopped her from having it.
  • That Rocket in Kanto. The "bye-bye a go-go!" one.
  • Characters bumping into things. Such as the Farfetch'd in Ilex Forest.
  • Starting a new file for fun, GETTING POKERUS around the Ruins of Alph, tried to "dupe" an infectee into the main file (people said they'd managed to pull this off), lost all the Pokemon in Box 1.

When I finally got the Porygon from the game department and wanted to level-up it, I got it the the small grass patch east of Celadon, and didn't understand why isn't Murkrow taking any damage from Psybeam...
Haha, yeah I had problems with the introduction of Dark and Steel types as well. I remember it was strange that Headbutt was "not very effective" against Magnemite.

That cow finally fainting.
Hahaha, so true! God I hated her ><

Mine probably was when I caught my first shiney. It was only a Raticate, but I still was happy I managed to get one. Oh and beating the Elite Four, and then learning that you could get to Kanto was an awesome moment too. Plus the epic battle against Red, it was just awesome.

Being 10 years old and and being super gullible. I remember going all the way to the back of mt. mortar with a geodude that knows rock smash where a kid from school said there was a secret area full of legendary pokemon and items and stuff.

Needless to say that sucker was WRONG.

I felt like an absolute idiot for the rest of the day

Nope, that's normal. When a Pokemon Transforms it keeps its own pallette, so Ditto becomes a purple version of the foe, Mew's more pink (possibly with some blue because of Mew's eyes), and if it's pulled via Metronome then things can get weird like you saw.

Some things that I remembered that I didn't post ages ago:
  • Bizarre results of messing up the cloning glitch. Somehow got a Skiploom called "SKI" out of nowhere. Strangely, it didn't register in the Pokedex.
  • Really bizarre glitch happened while I was breeding Eevees. Had five eggs. The first four were Tentacools. The last was a Lv6 Lapras. What.
  • Played a partially trnslated ROM of Silver. Something went wrong somewhere in there and Erika had a Lv100+ Pinsir with Megahorn. I believe that beating Janine before challenging Erika stopped her from having it.
  • That Rocket in Kanto. The "bye-bye a go-go!" one.
  • Characters bumping into things. Such as the Farfetch'd in Ilex Forest.
  • Starting a new file for fun, GETTING POKERUS around the Ruins of Alph, tried to "dupe" an infectee into the main file (people said they'd managed to pull this off), lost all the Pokemon in Box 1.
Wow O.o I guess my strange togepi incident was special, but normal none-the-less, what rocket are you talking about by any chance? I forgot who that is..

Wow O.o I guess my strange togepi incident was special, but normal none-the-less, what rocket are you talking about by any chance? I forgot who that is..
The rocket he's talking about is the on in Cerulean City. He stole the Machine Part from the Power Plant and hid it in the gym. I remember laughing like crazy because of this guy when I was a kid =p

My most memorable moment would be when I evolved that togepi you get into a togetic and then I swept the 3rd gymleader with it. :P

FINALLY hatching Togepi and trying to train it, and it just sucking constantly.
Evolving my first Espeon, she was so pretty, and i was totaly caught off guard, i was gunna make her a vaporeon! lol and Espi rockin it

I had Silver, my firned had Gold. We both beat the Radio Tower and when he said he had the Rainbow Wing (I got the Silver Wing obviously), i searched the whole tower for the rainbow Wing. Then i realised i couldn't get it.
I also remember completing the puzzles at the Ruins of Alph before any of my friends.
I also took on a load of my classmates' pokemon with a levl 71 Kingler. It knew Crabhammer, waterfall, surf and strength XD
And my friend traded me pokemon holding Masterballs so i had 3. I was so chuffed.

My most memorable moment was evolving Quilava. I was sweeping through a rocket base with Flame Wheel or something. I remember the exact moment :p

I also remember when I was about 6, and I learned a cloning glitch. I was playing Pokemon Ruby before it, and I was used to using the PC boxes. Unfortunately, something more was added in Ruby, so I hit the down arrow a number of times. In Ruby it was the "Move Pokemon" option, but in G/S it was the release button. I released all of my Pokemon lol. I was pissed though.

My Level 5 Togepi beating Karen's Gengar. We were both on our last Pokemon. It Cursed itself down and Togepi used Metronome, which used Aeroblast, killing Gengar. :P Good times. Togepi gained 8 levels haha

My first time playing I managed to find both a Shiny Nidoran (M) and my favorite.... a Shiny Yanma.... oooh yeah..... good times....

for me it would be the time i caught entei with an ultra ball on the first try! i was really happy since for the 2 other dogs, i had to use mean look and put them to sleep and waste a whole lot of ultra balls before i caught them so yeah i was really happy :)

Accidently cloning 3 of my Feraligatr and Lugia and then beating the Elite Four with said team.
Also beating Lance's last Dragonite with the Dritini you get from Dragon's Den.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)