Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently working on a guide to the Voltorb Flip minigame (which I love by the way, much better than the roulette), basically a primer on the strategies, to help the Smogoners. Where should this be posted, a specific sub-forum?

As I don't have access to Selfdestruct but still want to run ScarfTwo, I thought about an interesting idea-is running Magic coat a good alternative? With good prediction, I can bounce back Dark Void to Darkrai (does that count for sleep clause?), as well as Thunder Wave to Kyogre; is it worth using?
That's a terrible idea. While Magic Coat itself could be useful with good prediction, you don't want to be looked into a non-threatening move so your opponent can set-up. One free turn for your opponent in Ubers can cost you the game. Trick is probably your best option over Self-Destruct.

I'm currently working on a guide to the Voltorb Flip minigame (which I love by the way, much better than the roulette), basically a primer on the strategies, to help the Smogoners. Where should this be posted, a specific sub-forum?
While I'm not entirely sure, I think here is a good place.

On the topic of Voltorb Flip, I'd be interested in seeing your guide; since they took away purchasing coins it's almost literally impossible to get prizes (they want me to raise 10000 for a Thunderbolt TM when I'm getting like 48 coins a game?).

Okay, so I was playing SoulSilver with my DSi. I gave some Apricorns to Kurt and he said he would take a day to make the Poke Balls.

I then switched to another DS with a different time (I needed to use my DSi for something else).

It's been four days, and on both DSes, Kurt still says he needs a day to work.

I'm guessing this is because I confused my game with the differing times.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

not competitive, but when will doug post the february usage? it's well over half a month!
I don't think there will be one for February.

And to Riko, I'm not entirely sure, but perhaps setting your clock back before you originally gave Kurt the Apricorns might reset it

Making a hail team, does Walrein with Brine, Super Fang, Substitute, and Protect prefer Bold with 220 HP / 240 Def / 48 Spe or Modest with 224 HP / 216 Def / 48 SpD / 20 Spe?

Also, does Abomasnow function bette on a hail stall team as a subseed lead or a choice scarf revenge killer? I've been seeing the latter more often lately...

I don't think there will be one for February.

And to Riko, I'm not entirely sure, but perhaps setting your clock back before you originally gave Kurt the Apricorns might reset it
I read on a talk page on Bulbapedia that altering the time in any way forces you to start over at 24 hours, for any game, not just Pokemon.

So I'm gonna keep SoulSilver in my DSi all day and see what happens.

It's really easy to cheat the clock anyway: Set the time to 23:58, so you have time to go there and just wait a few minutes if necessary. It worked for Bug Catching Contest

Hey, I am sort of new here.(Haven't been here in awhile, so some things have changed). And I am looking for help on a team for Pokemon Soul Silver. I am just about to start the game and I want to make a perfect team without too much unnecessary trouble.

Also, I am wondering, what does that OU, UU, and all that stuff mean?

Thanks for the help.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Does the GTS trick to evolve the trade-evolution pokes (Haunter, Kadabra, etc) work on HGSS?
It should, but I have never tried.

My question:

On Serebii's Safari Zone page (http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/safarizone.shtml), it's mentioned that certain Pokemon (like Gible and Beldum) become available after a certain amount of days have passed. I'm interested in catching them to breed (with Power Items) at a later date, and I really doubt I can wait the requisite number of days. Would skipping ahead by x # number of days on the DS clock work to bring me closer to getting the Pokemon I want?

Hey, I am sort of new here.(Haven't been here in awhile, so some things have changed). And I am looking for help on a team for Pokemon Soul Silver. I am just about to start the game and I want to make a perfect team without too much unnecessary trouble.

Also, I am wondering, what does that OU, UU, and all that stuff mean?

Thanks for the help.
For ingame? Just powerlevel, there's nothing to worry about, and almost all of the trainers in HG/SS are quite weak. You don't need to worry about building a good team until after beating the game, and that's only if you want to get into competitive battling on WiFi.

Uber/OU/BL/UU/NU refer to Smogon tiers.

Ubers: the OU Banlist, includes pokemon like Mewtwo, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, and Darkrai, who are too powerful for OU.

OU: the standard metagame. The Pokemon here (and in the tiers below it) are based on usage. The ~50 most used Pokemon go here.

BL: the banlist for UU. The Pokemon here aren't allowed to be used in UU.

UU: Underused. Based on usage, this has Pokemon that you don't see in OU because something there outclasses them.

NU: Neverused. These are the Pokemon that aren't used enough in UU, so they get placed here.

NFE: Not Fully Evolved. Self-explanatory.

I think this goes here... So does the HG SS shiny gyrados from the lake of rage.. can it be used to find out your PID? If it doesn't go here feel free to pm me and ill delete this question.

I see. Well I know the trainers are weak. Not that weak, but weak to an extent. But I just want to get use to a team, while I am on my journey.

Is it possible to trade something like Bagon from Platinum over to Soul Silver before the national dex? Like trading Bagon over right in the beginning of the game--at the stage where I'm allowed to trade.

Supe

would you suck the poison out
Is it possible to trade something like Bagon from Platinum over to Soul Silver before the national dex? Like trading Bagon over right in the beginning of the game--at the stage where I'm allowed to trade.
Yes, this is definitely possible.

Ugh I hate my brother. >_>

He traded my Pokemon to his game while I was at school at I had to take it back... It was my Eevee that I planned on making an Espeon but it lost all its happiness when it came back to my game. >:[ How many haircuts does it need for its happiness to rise back up?
Just put the Soothe Bell on it, give it a few haircuts, and possibly take it for a walk in the Pokewalker. I was able to get a Lv. 24 Crobat with only two haircuts (and since it grew two levels fighting Morty right after evolving I think it already had max happiness).

Ok so I am pretty sure i've heard that putting pokemon on the pokewalker increases their happiness/friendship, but wouldn't their happiness reset when they're put into the PC on the way to and from the Pokewalkr?
It definately doesn't reset it and probably doesn't even lower it. I took my Zubat on a walk earlier today and I just got a Crobat from battling Morty a few minutes ago.

When SRing for shiny starter pokemon, does the game show the pokemon as shiny before I pick it (like in the preview screen), or do I have to pick the pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)