Programming PPRNG (Mac & iOS)

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
500 does not represent the max. It really represents whatever the initial PID frame it plus 500. So if your starting frame is 51 the PID can be all the way up to 551.
ah, okay, that makes sense. It used to cap the limit at 500 though, which is why I was curious.

Could you please give me a screenshot of your Standard Seed Searcher or whichever searcher you are using that shows the search results that are giving you the problem?

I can tell you for a fact that if you were trying to use search results produced by 1.14.0 after you had already used 1.14.2, those search results will be wrong and will give you seeds that produce random IVs, so you definitely need to rerun the search with version 1.14.2.
Standard Seed Searching. (Hidden Hollow Encounter Type)(Any Nature)

Chosen Seed. (Hidden Hollow Encounter Type)

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Standard Seed Searching. (Hidden Hollow Encounter Type)(Any Nature)

Chosen Seed. (Hidden Hollow Encounter Type)
First, you don't have the encounter type set to hidden hollow in the seed inspector, but that won't affect the IVs.

When you try to hit that seed, what IVs (exactly -- or as close as you can tell) do you get?

Hey. Small bug. Very small and not a big problem. Just bringing it to attention. If you try to resize the Hidden Grotto Seed Searcher window, it totally disappears and doesn't come back, yet it technically is still open.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Hey. Small bug. Very small and not a big problem. Just bringing it to attention. If you try to resize the Hidden Grotto Seed Searcher window, it totally disappears and doesn't come back, yet it technically is still open.
Thanks for catching this. It and a few other small bugs, along with the differing ESV issue identified by The Agonist are fixed as of 1.14.3. European game support for DS (and some DSi / 3DS) has also been added.

As always, see the first post in this thread for the download link.

First, you don't have the encounter type set to hidden hollow in the seed inspector, but that won't affect the IVs.

When you try to hit that seed, what IVs (exactly -- or as close as you can tell) do you get?
Hi Chiizu, I just retried doing all that, all I had to do was to keep trying different seeds. Thank you! :)

Thank you for the update!
I have a problem with the calibration, I have no results with Italian BW2 (with traditional method or new method).
With the japanese B2 I have no problems, both methods give me the same result.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Thank you for the update!
I have a problem with the calibration, I have no results with Italian BW2 (with traditional method or new method).
With the japanese B2 I have no problems, both methods give me the same result.
It should work for Italian Black 2, since we were able to find the Italian Black 2 DSi / 3DS parameters. Please try expanding the range in the searcher for timer0 (try min 1000, max 2000) and vcount (min 50, max ff) and run the search again. If you're still having problems, please post a screenshot of your searcher (either one, or preferably both) and I'll take a closer look.

I tried in this way but I still get no results using the new method and I get a lot of wrong results using the old method.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
I tried in this way but I still get no results using the new method and I get a lot of wrong results using the old method.
Ok, I see that I'm missing a piece of code for supporting the European games. They will not work in 1.14.3, sorry. I will release an update soon to fix this broken version.

Hey, Chiizu. I believe the program is having a problem. Believe is the keyword here. So, I've been trying for about 3 ish hours total over the past two days to try to RNG a Minccino in the Rt. 5 Hidden Grotto. I managed to get the Minccino to appear, but I can't hit my seed, or so it seems that way. My most recent attempt led me to believe that I may have been hitting my seeds all along, but the program is misinterpreting something. Here is a picture of what the Standard Seed Inspector window looks like right now (I figure this should contain most of the info you'll need via picture, yet please let me know if you need more):

I am 90% sure I hit my Timer0 and the correct seed based upon the fact that my Minccino's HP, Attack, and Speed IV's are all 31 (the others can potentially be 31 based of Serebii's calculator, but I don't have anymore Rare Candy's to be able to tell unless I use Pokécheck). Anyways, the Minccino's nature is "Timid" and its characteristic is "Alert to sounds." "Alert to sounds," though, is the characteristic of the frame below this one. I ran the Inspector by changing everything like the held buttons (incase I forgot to hold down R or Down) to changing the seconds (incase I hit it too late) and even the Timer0 search area (incase I hit a different Timer0), yet the only set with flawless IV's is the one with the correct time and correct Timer0. Therefore, I do believe something might be wrong, but then again, I have misinterpreted this program before, so I may have done it again. I just want to make sure. :)

Edit: Okay, so I have realized that the Mild frame is frame 62, but I'm just going to guess something else has manipulated it (NPC, etc). The main reason for my posting is solely based on the flawless IVs.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Do you use Chatot cries to confirm your initial PID? I know narrowing it down is a pain, so I just go with a Synchronizer to get my intended nature.

Do you use Chatot cries to confirm your initial PID? I know narrowing it down is a pain, so I just go with a Synchronizer to get my intended nature.
No I do not. I just start the game up at the correct time and with the right buttons. Then I mash X when the game loads. When I'm in my menu, I press B and quickly spam A to enter the battle. I've actually never tried using a Synchronizer. I guess now is the time to become acquainted with one? Lol.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
I am 90% sure I hit my Timer0 and the correct seed based upon the fact that my Minccino's HP, Attack, and Speed IV's are all 31 (the others can potentially be 31 based of Serebii's calculator, but I don't have anymore Rare Candy's to be able to tell unless I use Pokécheck).
I understand that you don't want to capture it because it will disappear from the grotto, but if you could capture the one that you think has the perfect IVs and upload it to pokecheck I would really appreciate it. I can't tell what's happening from what you've described, and being able to see the actual PID you are getting would be a very good indicator of whatever issue may be going on. You would need to RNG abuse the grotto to get a Minccino again, however.

Just as a final thing to check, you've verified that the gender of what you are capturing is actually female, correct? Because if I set gender to male in PPRNG, then frame 56 is Timid with 'Alert to sounds'. As to what is advancing your frame, however, I'm not sure.

I understand that you don't want to capture it because it will disappear from the grotto, but if you could capture the one that you think has the perfect IVs and upload it to pokecheck I would really appreciate it. I can't tell what's happening from what you've described, and being able to see the actual PID you are getting would be a very good indicator of whatever issue may be going on. You would need to RNG abuse the grotto to get a Minccino again, however.

Just as a final thing to check, you've verified that the gender of what you are capturing is actually female, correct? Because if I set gender to male in PPRNG, then frame 56 is Timid with 'Alert to sounds'. As to what is advancing your frame, however, I'm not sure.
Thank you for the reply. I did restart my game without saving, so I will have to attempt to hit my seed again. When I get the right Minccino, I will let you know everything about it.

I am 100% sure that the Minccino is female. Every attempt so far has yielded a female result.

Again, I'm sorry for my questions. I do tend to jump to conclusions. As I said in the first post, I may be totally overlooking something myself or not doing the right method. If this is the case, I am sorry in advance.

Edit: Okay, so for once I'm not totally crazy. The Minccino is in fact flawless IV'd.
Code:
[IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/572.png[/IMG][IMG]http://www.pokecheck.org/i/notshiny.png[/IMG] #572 [URL="http://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=2277779"]Minccino[/URL] ♀ (level 24) [IMG]http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.png[/IMG]
OT: [IMG]http://www.pokecheck.org/i/lang/2.png[/IMG] Shadow ♂ (White 2, 1429/14535)
Mild - Skill Link - 31/31/31/31/31/31 - Untrained
DoubleSlap - Encore - Swift - Sing
I don't totally mind the fact that it doesn't have the right nature. The flawless IVs and the female parent with DW ability is very nice. I could go places with this spread, yet I'd still like to know what's up and get the spread I'm looking for.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Code:
[IMG]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/icon/572.png[/IMG][IMG]http://www.pokecheck.org/i/notshiny.png[/IMG] #572 [URL="http://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=2277779"]Minccino[/URL] ♀ (level 24) [IMG]http://www.pokecheck.org/i/itm/012.png[/IMG]
OT: [IMG]http://www.pokecheck.org/i/lang/2.png[/IMG] Shadow ♂ (White 2, 1429/14535)
Mild - Skill Link - 31/31/31/31/31/31 - Untrained
DoubleSlap - Encore - Swift - Sing
Please make it public, or take a screenshot of the page and post it here. I need to see more of the details (PID, etc.).

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
I'm so sorry. This should finally work:

Thank you. Between this and a couple of Hidden Grotto pokemon of my own I was able to work out the cause of the bug.

1.14.4 has been released. The main thing fixed (aside from ShadowAssailant's item) is the broken European game support, so European players can finally use PPRNG with Black 2 / White 2. See the first post for the other changes and download link.

As for your screenshots, Prog89, the IV search turned up correct results, but the Unova Link spins still turned up nothing. Please give it another try with the new version.

Hi guys, I posted this in another thread and someone suggested I post it here.

I'm having an issue with PPRNG. It was working fine a couple of months ago. I opened it up today (version 1.12.0) and when I filled in an egg seed search exactly the way I used to I got an error saying that there is over 10,000 results. I narrowed my search down as much as I could and kept getting this error. I switched over to the newest version of PPRNG and am still getting this error. I also tried using several different pokemon and different IVs.

I've tried the date range at 1 year and 1 month and got the same result. When I try at one day it starts to search but then freezes. I used to be able to search for 2-3 years at a time with almost identical specifications.

I should also note that I am using it for Pokemon White 1.

Do you have any idea why it is doing this?

Thanks.

Hi guys, I posted this in another thread and someone suggested I post it here.

I'm having an issue with PPRNG. It was working fine a couple of months ago. I opened it up today (version 1.12.0) and when I filled in an egg seed search exactly the way I used to I got an error saying that there is over 10,000 results. I narrowed my search down as much as I could and kept getting this error. I switched over to the newest version of PPRNG and am still getting this error. I also tried using several different pokemon and different IVs.

I've tried the date range at 1 year and 1 month and got the same result. When I try at one day it starts to search but then freezes. I used to be able to search for 2-3 years at a time with almost identical specifications.

I should also note that I am using it for Pokemon White 1.

Do you have any idea why it is doing this?

Thanks.
First, I'd try deleting any trace of the program on your computer, and then re-download version 1.14.4.
Next, try to get your search down to exact IV's, nature, and if possible gender. I.E. 31/31/31/0/31/31 min and 31/31/31/31/31/31 max with a set nature usually don't produce that error.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)