Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opponent used light screen and I used Secret Sword. Light Screen increases special defense but it halved the damage of Secret Sword, even though Secret Sword hits the defensive side.

Light Screen doesn't actually raise the special defense value, it halves special attacks' damage. The B/W research thread has this noted on Psyshock, which works the same way as Secret Sword:
Psyshock deals physical damage but substitutes the user's Special Attack in the damage formula instead of their Attack. Is reflected by Mirror Coat and has it's damage halved by Light Screen

Thanks Toraen. I thought that Light Screen worked like calm mind or similar stat-raising moves. When someone uses Calm Mind, and his opponent uses psyshock or Secret Sword the damage is calculated using the defense of the pokemon. Never thought that Light Screen halved the special attack.

Mummy bug

Replay: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou10547047
Ok so on turn 6 & 15 both salamence and lucario get the mummy ability
then on turn 24 & 25, salamence hits slaking and then on turn 25 slaking hits lucario. Neither of these cause slaking to gain the mummy ability.
(Im not sure if mummy would be transfered by slaking hitting the poke with mummy or the mummy hitting slaking, but both instances occur here).

Replay: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou10547047
Ok so on turn 6 & 15 both salamence and lucario get the mummy ability
then on turn 24 & 25, salamence hits slaking and then on turn 25 slaking hits lucario. Neither of these cause slaking to gain the mummy ability.
(Im not sure if mummy would be transfered by slaking hitting the poke with mummy or the mummy hitting slaking, but both instances occur here).
Both Lucario and Salamence switched out, which resets their abilities.

I am here to complain about my opponent's Giratina. It took no status damage whatsoever. And, it couldn't have been the ability, because the opposing pokemon (mine) had the ability Mold Breaker. Please see to this as soon as possible.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
I am here to complain about my opponent's Giratina. It took no status damage whatsoever. And, it couldn't have been the ability, because the opposing pokemon (mine) had the ability Mold Breaker. Please see to this as soon as possible.
Cant do much without a replay, was this balanced hackmons?

Mold Breaker wouldn't affect Magic Guard, since it's not an ability that directly affects the move used by the Mold Breaker pokemon (the status still occurs, but it's the damaging status that has no effect rather than the move).

Not an error, but a coding error:

In the beginning of the battle when both Pokemon are sent out, the faster Pokemon is sent out first. This also goes for double downs. I've noticed this in the games, and its helped me determine which Pokemon is faster off the bat.

Not an error, but a coding error:

In the beginning of the battle when both Pokemon are sent out, the faster Pokemon is sent out first. This also goes for double downs. I've noticed this in the games, and its helped me determine which Pokemon is faster off the bat.
I can't tell; are you saying that this does happen on the simulator and shouldn't, or are you saying that it doesn't happen and it should? The order is random in the cartridge, but I'm not sure if it is on the sim.

I can't tell; are you saying that this does happen on the simulator and shouldn't, or are you saying that it doesn't happen and it should? The order is random in the cartridge, but I'm not sure if it is on the sim.
In the sim, it is in order of which trainer joined the room first, which can be seen at the top of the log. This can actually be used to your advantage: If you're first in a weather war, don't send out your weather starter, because the opponent's one will come in second and get rid of your weather for theirs. Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done about it without changing the method of choosing who goes first or how the log displays the beginning information.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
With the new update, in doubles, the first Pokemon on your team shows actual HP when you hover over it but the second Pokemon only shows it as a fraction of 48 (like an opponent's Pokemon).

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Okay here's this pretty annoying bug.

Sometimes the server causes random disconnects (I have personally confirmed it's not my internet since other stuff keeps working/loading fine) which by itself isn't too gamebreaking, but when I attempt to reconnect I end up spectating my own match and cannot play it. It just says Waiting for Both players while all I can do is spectate and beg my opponent in the chat to stop the timer. (This last guy sadistically ran the timer down even after TI stopped it. All I could do was watch) This has happened multiple times.
I cannot show replays as evidence since spectators aren't able to save replays but both 'The Immortal' and 'V4' have watched it happen on separate occasions, so i'm pretty sure they can attest to it.

EDIT: I went back and grabbed a screenshot. Thankfully the battle room link was still active. The timer messages are gon however. But it's pretty evident from the chat log that it was running....

MJB

Sup Peeps
Okay here's this pretty annoying bug.

Sometimes the server causes random disconnects (I have personally confirmed it's not my internet since other stuff keeps working/loading fine) which by itself isn't too gamebreaking, but when I attempt to reconnect I end up spectating my own match and cannot play it. It just says Waiting for Both players while all I can do is spectate and beg my opponent in the chat to stop the timer. (This last guy sadistically ran the timer down even after TI stopped it. All I could do was watch) This has happened multiple times.
I cannot show replays as evidence since spectators aren't able to save replays but both 'The Immortal' and 'V4' have watched it happen on separate occasions, so i'm pretty sure they can attest to it.

EDIT: I went back and grabbed a screenshot. Thankfully the battle room link was still active. The timer messages are gon however. But it's pretty evident from the chat log that it was running....

This is a known issue and the fix is fairly simple though annoying. when this happens simply type "/leavebattle" followed by "/joinbattle" and you should be able to continue as normal.

Note this is not a permanent solution but a temporary fix.

Magic Bounce activates sleep clause. I used Spore with my Breloom and put his Forretress to sleep, then he sent in an Amoonguss and used Spore against my Espeon. The Amoonguss did not go to sleep and the game said that sleep clause activated, even though none of my Pokemon were asleep.

This event should not activate sleep clause, since I had no control over the move being used. The in-depth explanation of sleep clause specifically points out that Magic Bounce and Magic Coat do not activate Sleep Clause.

MJB

Sup Peeps
Magic Bounce activates sleep clause. I used Spore with my Breloom and put his Forretress to sleep, then he sent in an Amoonguss and used Spore against my Espeon. The Amoonguss did not go to sleep and the game said that sleep clause activated, even though none of my Pokemon were asleep.

This event should not activate sleep clause, since I had no control over the move being used. The in-depth explanation of sleep clause specifically points out that Magic Bounce and Magic Coat do not activate Sleep Clause.
There are quite a few problems with sleep clause, from its implementation to its effects. This is known however though when it will be fixed in unknown.

In the sim, it is in order of which trainer joined the room first, which can be seen at the top of the log. This can actually be used to your advantage: If you're first in a weather war, don't send out your weather starter, because the opponent's one will come in second and get rid of your weather for theirs. Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done about it without changing the method of choosing who goes first or how the log displays the beginning information.
Weather in that scenario is dependent on Pokemon speed, not who enters the room first.

This is just a little thing that frankly, I don't much care about. Mainly because it didn't hurt my side of the battle. :P

But anyways, I sent in my Gardevoir on my opponent's Mawile. Gardevoir's Intimidate activated, dropping Mawile's Attack stat. Then, Gardevoir traced the Mawile's Intimidate, and Mawile's Attack stat dropped to -2. Obviously, my Gardevoir had Trace and not Intimidate. Basically, it acted like it had Intimidate, then acted like it had Trace. I'm not sure what happened since I've traced Intimidate before, and this did not occur.

Here's the replay, and it was turn 24. :)
http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nu10798352

Also not sure how long replays stay up, so here's an image:

I understand that the FlashFire triggers always with a fire move, even if it doesn't have 100% acc. In a battle I failed 2 times Magma Storm in a FlashFire Arcanine and NO active his ability, a fire move can't fails against a FlashFire Pokémon

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok so a friend of mine, user ShellShocker, and I did a test battle because he suspected that Imposter copied ivs- which, according to Smogon and Bulbapedia, it shouldn't. During this test, I used a team of 6 Dittos with imposter and 2 ivs in Speed. He used a team of 6 Brelooms, with 31 ivs in Speed. We battled. This is the log.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/customgame10901191

So in the battle, my 2 ivs Ditto outspeed his 31 iv Breloom quite a few times- both while using priority and non priority moves.

I think this is enough evidence that there is a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)