US Last Chance Qualifier - Indianapolis, IN - June 25th, 2010 - WON BY GODUDETTE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah scouting's a bit of a dick move. It's also not allowed from what I understand of the rules.

Yeah scouting's a bit of a dick move. It's also not allowed from what I understand of the rules.
Yeah, during my bye in Arizona, one of the judges thought I was watching a match next to me and told me to sit down (as opposed to stand) next to my battle station. I don't see it spelled out in the rules, but it the judges try to prevent scouting.

Yeah, during my bye in Arizona, one of the judges thought I was watching a match next to me and told me to sit down (as opposed to stand) next to my battle station. I don't see it spelled out in the rules, but it the judges try to prevent scouting.
Actually, scouting is against the rules:
http://bitcast-g.bitgravity.com/pok...op/tournaments/2009-2010/Tournament_Rules.pdf
http://www.pokemon.com/us/organized-play/tournaments/rules/
Pokemon Tournament Rules said:
5.2. Spectator Responsibilities
Spectators may watch a match but may not interfere with a match in any way. Spectators
should maintain a reasonable distance, as determined by the event staff, from matches in
progress to avoid distracting the players. The only way a spectator is to interact with a
tournament is through contacting a judge to inquire into the legality of a specific play.
Comments and questions regarding games in progress should be made an appropriate distance
from the match to prevent players in the active game from gaining an advantage of outside
information.
Players who are still participating in a tournament may not watch other games still in progress,
as this provides an unfair advantage to those players during later matches.

Any disruption on the part of a spectator not participating in a tournament will result in
penalties for the player or players that the spectator is responsible for. Should it become necessary to remove a spectator from a tournament, players that the spectator is responsible
for will be disqualified from the tournament as well.
Pokemon Tournament Rules said:
7. Note Taking
Players are allowed to take notes during a game in respect to actions that have happened during the
game. Notes are restricted to game information that is public to both players (for example, what moves
a Pokémon has used during a video game match, or what Pokémon a player put in his or her hand after a
Bebe’s Search during a TCG match). Players must be timely with their note taking and may not use
devices that may send or receive messages as a note‐taking device. A player may not refer to notes
taken during previous rounds while the tournament is still in progress. Notes taken during a match may
not be given to other players during the course of the tournament.

While a match is in progress, the notes taken by a player are considered public information to that
player, his or her opponent, and the tournament staff. As such, the use of codes, ciphers, abbreviations,
or any other method of obscuring the meaning of the information is not permitted. Additionally, notes
taken by a player may not contain misinformation, intended to deceive an opponent or the tournament
staff.

I will not be going to LCQ anymore. I found out some things going on that day are preventing me from making the 5-6 hour trip. GL to all that are going, and GL to all at nats. :]

If something changes I'll hopefully remember to post it. lol

I also will not be going - my boss will not approve both Nationals and Worlds. One or the other, and i am going with Hawaii.

See ya'll in Hawaii!

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It looks bad for me as well. I was hoping to be done with my job by the 24th, but it's going to be the 25th. So I'll most likely miss the qualifier (and I don't see myself going to nationals just for giggles).

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It looks bad for me as well. I was hoping to be done with my job by the 24th, but it's going to be the 25th. So I'll most likely miss the qualifier (and I don't see myself going to nationals just for giggles).
Balls. I was hoping to get another Researcher group photo this year. Consider coming anyway, if only for the fun of hanging out with fellow Smogoners.

Having streaming video of the matches would be amazing if you could manage to get it all set up! Great idea!

Are they distributing the shiny Eevee to spectators at nats? I can't make it, but I may send at least one of my game carts with someone who will be playing in the TCG tournament and ask them to download some Eevee WonderCards for me.

Having streaming video of the matches would be amazing if you could manage to get it all set up! Great idea!

Are they distributing the shiny Eevee to spectators at nats? I can't make it, but I may send at least one of my game carts with someone who will be playing in the TCG tournament and ask them to download some Eevee WonderCards for me.
Yes, they will be distributing the Eevee at Nationals.
http://www.pokemonvgc.com/en/events/indianapolis.php

PokemonVGC.Com said:
A special character distribution will be available to all attendees who have a copy of Pokémon HeartGold or SoulSilver Versions. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own Nintendo DS or Nintendo DSi™ system. Only one Pokémon will be available per person.
It would not be fair if every other stop got the Eevee, and Indy players did not.
Likewise if they gave away a nationals exclusive pokemon, and not at the other stops.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Quick note to put on the First post:
POST WHO WILL BE STAYING IN WHAT HOTEL! That way we can get a Smogon group photo, geek out, and storm the battle hall in slow motion like in Monsters Inc shown here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZalH9aJzu8

You know what - that actually would be pretty funny if we did that as a group!
And they way Mike Liesik is, i am sure the staff would get a kick out of it if that music was playing overhead as well.

As for hotel stay - i will be staying at the Hyatt Regency with some people who are on staff at nationals.

alright i dont know if i am late to this but i have finally booked my hotel, its the Hampton Inn hotel http://hamptoninn1.hilton.com/en_US/hp/index.do
i choose this one because it was cheap for the location [$110 a night], its smack dab in the middle of everything [checked the map for like 5 minutes lol] and thats what i want, to be in walking distance of all the popular hotels, spots, restaurants and the convention center ofcourse. you know just incase i am invited to any hang out plans i know i will be just a few minutes away from my hotel at the end of it all.

Is anybody organizing a carpool there?
I can drive and offer up some cash for gas if anybody is leaving from nyc to indy.
Will stay on the floor and offer cash if i have to cause i missed out on the newark qualifier and still want so participate

First Post, Woot!
But I'll be there for sure. Guess since I'm new, I may as well introduce myself eh? First thing I should clarify is that I'm new to this site ONLY! I've played pokemon since I was a tyke and have turned it into a science as many of you have. I develop and strategize teams with the intent of kicking ass and taking names in tournaments. =) This is my first participation in a VGC though so I figured I'd look for a group of fellow poke-ologists and found this place. So I'm calling this home if you don't mind.. I'll see ya there! Good luck to everyone!

I'm new to the site, but I'll be attending the LCQ after falling short in the 4th round of prelims in Newark. I too will be staying at a hotel, though I'm not sure which one yet.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
aww scouting could be fun, oh well i do not wish to be a cheating player

anyway i'll probably come even if i have to come with a "me too" team, doubt i'll make top 16 but it should still be a ball

sooo...for the senior LCQ it says that registration is from 8-8:30, so do I need to be there much earlier to ensure my spot??? what are other people doing who are going to the LCQ, what time are going to get there to get in line for registration?????

Tyler

No Longer Live
won the 1st Smogon VGC Tournament
sooo...for the senior LCQ it says that registration is from 8-8:30, so do I need to be there much earlier to ensure my spot??? what are other people doing who are going to the LCQ, what time are going to get there to get in line for registration?????
I am planning on getting there around ~7 AM.

I arrived around 11:30 (with registration open at 1) for the Newark tournament and was about 300th or so. I plan on arriving for the LCQ around 6.

One week left. You guys excited? I'm excited. Get hype!

If anyone wants to throw down in Tatsunoko vs Capcom on Friday after the tournament, find the guy with the Shenmue design on the back of his shirt. I won't actually be in Indy until Friday morning but would probably be able to hang for a bit in the evening depending on what the rest of my group is up for. We probably won't be booking a room of our own unless one of us qualifies for the second day, but you never know.

I am also willing to blow off pretty much anything for a Virtual On LAN session, on the off chance any of you guys would be into that.

Is there a Texas carpool yet. I may be able to pull some strings and be able to come if I can carpool. I am willing to help pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)