3 Age Divisions at VGC This Year - Juniors, Seniors, and Masters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, I thought this would help me (1996) but most of you will be in there anyway. Oh well, its nice knowing its not just older people who like comp. pokemon. :)

1993, hopefully I won't be matched up with TTS in round 4 again at NJ. Maybe I'll try more than NJ since I got my license now.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
VGC could go well this year, provided that I get in of course.
I doubt I'll be seeing fully RNGd pokes, just evd with maybe 31 ifs in 2 stats (Ditto and power items breeding), plus it's just Unova pokes.
Best of all, I'm born in 96,
And I'm in the UK,
bye-bye competition :)
You don't expect fully RNG'd Pokémon? People with Japanese carts have been working on theirs for months already, and it really doesn't take that long if you have enough free time (which I imagine almost anyone who is into competitive Pokémon does).

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
1. They're in Japan, I'm in the UK, so I'll worry about that IF I qualify.
2. If someone could point me to a new RNG Reporter and a tutorial on how to RNG in Black and White, then I'd gladly RNG, for now I'm off to the battle subway to earn some BP and get the power items.

I still thought it was a bit too early for people to have started RNGing, I mean, for the UK and USA at least....
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83057

Guide to 5th Gen RNG. The WiFi forum is already flooded with 5th gen Pokemon.

seniors, but I'm probably going to lose because I can't RNG my own pokemanz, and nobody wants to trade me their GenV pokes. Guess I'm going to have to make do with triflawless pokemanz bred with my ditto.

So, I'm pretty much a baddie, started alurkin' on Smogon last year, never posting but always curious how these "RNG" shenanigans work. I remember last year playing in VGC10 with a team of all redis pokes from my friends trade thread (running rain without kyogre like a BOSS! >.<)

As a newbie master, can anyone tell me where I should go to get started on this fabulous website?

and also, what good smogonites live in the pacific NW and are going to Seattle?

andrea

/me cresselias
For everyone who has been worried about RNGd pokemon for VGC, there are a lot of very nice users who can probably give you flawless Pokemon as the events start to get closer. (*cough*/me cresselias *cough* Also I know ExpertEvan, Ditto, and others did this, too.) You can either RNG all of your team on your own, or you can try your hand at trade threads or SQSR in wifi. =)

No, Masters.
I go on PO everyday and play for a bout an hour. I keep updating a list of threats and change my team accordingly. Im just afraid im going to run into a wild card team that doesn't share the same Meta as me, and i'll lose to that.
My team is actually doing very good, but thats on ScarmBliss' servers

why does game freak insist on the pokemon championships being vgc? It is the weirdest metagame there is, plus why only unova dex
Well, obviously, VGC stands for Video Game Championships -.- The tournaments weren't set to VGC Rules - VGC rules were made for the tournaments. The meta isn't particularly weird, if you do realize the Pokemon is a Japanese game. The Japanese moved from Singles 3v3 to Doubles 4v4 when Ruby/Sapphire came out. We Americans stuck to Singles 6v6 since RBY, and continued all the way through Generation V. This isn't an "American" metagame, but rather a Japanese one, so that's why the rules are so weird to you. Also, the Unova Dex only rule is to make the metagame fresh - after three years of seeing Metagross and Snorlax everywhere, and after discovering all the usable strategies of previous generations, making it Unova-only forces everyone to rethink their strategies and ideas, and practically start anew.

1996; Masters. I'm just curious to know how many masters from Smogon will enter a NE qualifiers. At first it seemed like very few were going to enter the NE qualifiers (Cybertron, Mosquitox216) but now I'm seeing more and more people who's going. So I'm just wondering how much there will actually be. Replies to this comment would be appreciated :)

1996 is Seniors. And also look at the group in my sig Are You Going to Participate in VGC 2011 Seniors Division? to see a lot of the people who are going to be there. Also BlueCookies is training someone who I don't think it part of Smogon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)