Platinum/HG/SS Battle Frontier and DP Battle Tower Records

I just lost a streak at 88 to Lax Incense Jolteon because my pokemon's Earthquake (with no accuracy increase or decrease) missed 4 times in a row. It went like:
ok, that takes the cake (1/20)^4 = 1/160000. it would have been 20 times more likely for the jolteon to be shiny. and yeah, that totally sucks :( just another case of the BF saying "ok, i have decreed that you will not win this battle".

curious what your pokemon is btw - i'm guessing maybe dragonite? if it had intimidate, i would consider using it over salamence.

i wont comment on the debate, as requested by peterko. but it's sad to see two otherwise nice guys at each other's throats. as a man myself, i know how these things can happen. someone says something, maybe doesnt mean tooo much by it, wishes it hadnt happened, thinks the other guy took it too seriously, and feels if he apologised he would be admitting way more than he should. heck, try being married - its a lot worse! i know thats not the whole thing, but yeah, its probably less complicated than either of you think.

i reckon if you guys met each other on the street and didnt realise who the other person was, you'd probably get along well. i know there's hurt and offense on both sides, but maybe you could go with a "sorry if i offended you, i didnt mean it" thing, and never have to really deal with exactly what the offenses are.

ok, about the first post. to be honest, i dont really "care" so much about what it looks like. i really appreciate the effort peterko has put in over the years, and am just happy that the numbers are there. i mean its so convenient to look them up, and all the links to the lists too. i personally like the idea of keeping finished/unfinished streaks in the same list. it just makes sense to me. obviously a 200 win streak is better than a 100 win streak, but when comparing a 100 and 100*, it is obvious that 100* is "better" in the sense that it is still going. i think the asterisk is helpful though - not necessarily to say 100* is "better" than plain ol' 100, but because the fact is, it is an unfinished streak, and that information is worth knowing.

there is only one thing left to say about post 1, and that is - why is peterko's 2363 still not there? it is in your sig peterko, so it obviously means a lot to you still. and it means a lot to the rest of us by the way. i know i am NOT #2, and feel almost like the bad guy here for being there even though obviously i cant edit that post. i really think it should be put back in. there is no shame in being 2nd on the list. you lost to some dreadful hax, and when jumpman loses it will certainly be to some bad hax too, and we can all have fun when that happens ;)

as for why jump added me as well as him, i guess it was simply that we both had claimed #1 spot on the different battle towers. ok, i think TRE got a few #1 spots too, but i guess there was a time issue there. i didnt ask jump (or anyone else) to update the list. maybe he was being selfish, i dont know. i think i would have done the same thing if it was me. maybe even just add it, not post, and see if anyone noticed ;)

well, peace guys. i hope you can make it up.

EDIT: just for amusement, i had another look at that dodgy records website and discovered that the DP battle tower record is now 994. At the bottom of the page is the message "Trickteam is forbidden for the BT, several players have exceed 4000 and more". lol........ i dont want to even think about having to face all those PI's in a 994 streak with things like suicune, salamence, etc.....

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
excuse me for not answering to all that crap, that was too sick for my taste and I can take a lot of shit

thanks for telling me you can´t get over anything and for making me realize that what you call enjoying a debate is just punching the other guy´s nuts over and over again, how convenient (I mean cowardly) ...

whatever you say at this point is not my business anymore

EDIT: I advice everyone to refrain from commenting about what went on in the previous hours and days, don´t waste your time, it´s over
yeah until you bring it up again in a few months because you "generally forget stuff pretty quick" what to expect arguing with the most stubborn person on smogon

and other people they can comment all they want, it's not like you can do anything about it and again, you brought it up. dont start what you can't finish

yes that was the idea
it has one of the best typings in the ou so ya obvious choice
just fight the 10 fires first and i was set
i went with quick attack over u turn because it hit what bullet punch didnt
i was surprised by how bulky the kingdra was
i was so pissed off
adamant choice band max ev and iv in attack technician quick attack only doing 40%
wth
=/
but aside from that scizor did amazing against everything else
i only had like 3 close calls because of 2 random fire moves and one critical
but that being said the only fire moves that would ohk me would be stab ones
any fire move that i saw that wasnt stab only did about 60-70% to me
so if i didnt ohk them i would still thk them
why didn't you just superpower kingdra? it's much stronger than even two quick attacks, your best chance was hoping for a CH or for it to miss twice

/End rant
didn't you say you were leaving for good? i dont think anyone cares what you think including peterko, you're one of the least honorable people ever to post here

I think I am going to use a trick team with Mesprit and Skarmory in the tower, and I was wondering what should be my last team member. I was thinking Kingdra or Garchomp. Chomp resists all the super effective attacks on Skarmory, but Kingdra is neutral to ice rather than weak, and I was wondering what something like Blizzard could do to Skarmory. Please forgive me if I'm being a noob, lol.

Also, the first post looks fine now. I preferred the asterisks on unfinished streaks though, theye made it easier to tell the content of the posts linked.
if you plan on using thunderwave on mesprit, you may be able to take advantage of roost on skarmory to gain an ice resistance...it really depends on what sets you plan on using, especially skarmory...if you really want to try sd/aa/natural gift/agility with apicot berry you can, lol, but i doubt it's viable!

using mesprit/skarmory doesn't really give you too many great options...you realize the "boltbeam" problem you're going to have, and it looks like kingdra might be your best bet but only, imo, with a relatively bulky rest/sleep talk/outrage/dd set with leftovers that can take ice beams (but even then you'd want sub probably)

Anyone who can tell me why some one who was #1 in singles for a while decides to delete himself from the top 3 after being beaten by someone else, without forcing me to read three pages of debating stuff?

edit: I've read some parts, but then I figured most stuff is far from my business.

if you plan on using thunderwave on mesprit, you may be able to take advantage of roost on skarmory to gain an ice resistance...it really depends on what sets you plan on using, especially skarmory...if you really want to try sd/aa/natural gift/agility with apicot berry you can, lol, but i doubt it's viable!

using mesprit/skarmory doesn't really give you too many great options...you realize the "boltbeam" problem you're going to have, and it looks like kingdra might be your best bet but only, imo, with a relatively bulky rest/sleep talk/outrage/dd set with leftovers that can take ice beams (but even then you'd want sub probably)
Yeah... I was thinking AA/Sub/Roost/Curse for Skarmory. The closest I can think to a sturdy mon that can set up is Mismagius or something...
It does learn thunderbolt...

And yeah, I was gonna put Thunderwave on Mesprit.

Jumpman16

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
maggy gets nasty plot now btw, idk how available hgss tutors are for you but sub/shadow ball/hp fighting/np is probably a good set

just out of curiosity, is there a limit on Battle Points? i thought it would stop at 999... just asking
9,999 is the limit for BP, i found that out the hard way

ok, that takes the cake (1/20)^4 = 1/160000. it would have been 20 times more likely for the jolteon to be shiny.
lol

i wont comment on the debate, as requested by peterko. but it's sad to see two otherwise nice guys at each other's throats. as a man myself, i know how these things can happen. someone says something, maybe doesnt mean tooo much by it, wishes it hadnt happened, thinks the other guy took it too seriously, and feels if he apologised he would be admitting way more than he should. heck, try being married - its a lot worse! i know thats not the whole thing, but yeah, its probably less complicated than either of you think.
(what if i requested that you DO comment on it..........lol)

and no you pretty much nailed it, it isn't too complicated. you would think that i might have taken his comments too seriously, but then again, you're talking about a guy who plays this game while he drives and has spent well over 2000 hours on just dppt alone. if anyone can identify with this kind of "serious" it's peterko, i just wish he would have pmed or aimed me though cause there was no reason to make this public

i reckon if you guys met each other on the street and didnt realise who the other person was, you'd probably get along well. i know there's hurt and offense on both sides, but maybe you could go with a "sorry if i offended you, i didnt mean it" thing, and never have to really deal with exactly what the offenses are.
we would have been incredibly good friends this time last year, guess that's over with though. i'd feel a whole lot worse if i lost before 2363 though

as for why jump added me as well as him, i guess it was simply that we both had claimed #1 spot on the different battle towers. ok, i think TRE got a few #1 spots too, but i guess there was a time issue there. i didnt ask jump (or anyone else) to update the list. maybe he was being selfish, i dont know. i think i would have done the same thing if it was me. maybe even just add it, not post, and see if anyone noticed ;)

well, peace guys. i hope you can make it up.
it was just easier to add like i said. i dont exactly know how you go from a 3500-word post to "not answering" but one of the factual things i posted that he wont (be able to) answer is that even if i was being selfish, i was definitely still doing some of his work for him, so lol

anyway cat's out of the bag here, plus i dont care anymore so feast your eyes on the below if you want some facts

JumpXVI (4:38:43 PM): not so much against an ice trainer
Peterko (4:39:15 PM): hm?
JumpXVI (4:39:36 PM): registeel doesnt care as much
Peterko (4:40:21 PM): yes it does
Peterko (4:40:30 PM): hail nullifies recovery
JumpXVI (4:40:47 PM): i love facing ice trainer
JumpXVI (4:40:47 PM): s

Peterko (4:40:57 PM): haha but you lose to regice
Peterko (4:41:00 PM): /me runz
JumpXVI (4:41:07 PM): you would too if you had my luck
JumpXVI (4:41:34 PM): and those were both from ledge trainers
Peterko (4:41:39 PM): your team is not good enough to have the fortune on its side, it´s as simple as that
Peterko (4:41:43 PM): /me runz
JumpXVI (4:41:44 PM): +4 scizor never ever loses to ice trainers

you will notice that after the first comment i stayed very calm even though i was incredibly annoyed at that cheap shot...so of course he follows it up with something worse

Peterko (4:41:45 PM): :-D

minute-long gap indicating i'm trying to ignore him

Peterko (4:42:37 PM): sorry, won´t you hate me for getting on your nerves all the time?
JumpXVI (4:42:43 PM): i kind of ignore you
Peterko (4:42:50 PM): that´s even worse lol
JumpXVI (4:42:58 PM): then stop being annoying

Peterko (4:43:04 PM): am I?
JumpXVI (4:43:06 PM): yes
Peterko (4:43:13 PM): how?
JumpXVI (4:43:17 PM): i could remind everyone that you essentially stole my team
Peterko (4:43:27 PM): I did?
JumpXVI (4:43:30 PM): yep
Peterko (4:43:39 PM): when?
JumpXVI (4:43:50 PM): when i posted it last year
JumpXVI (4:44:01 PM): also it is annoying to say that my 500 loss wasnt that bad

Peterko (4:44:03 PM): that is one thing I am 100% sure of that I didn´ steal anything
JumpXVI (4:44:19 PM): swapped registeel for scizor
Peterko (4:44:30 PM): heck everything I did myself
Peterko (4:44:40 PM): except not "trick"
JumpXVI (4:44:53 PM): you see what i mean though
JumpXVI (4:44:56 PM): i could just post that
Peterko (4:44:57 PM): I made a trick analysis, etc.
JumpXVI (4:44:59 PM): and be "annoying"
JumpXVI (4:45:01 PM): like you are

Peterko (4:45:06 PM): I´m not
JumpXVI (4:45:09 PM): yes, you are
JumpXVI (4:45:20 PM): "your team is not good enough to have the fortune on its side, it´s as simple as that"
JumpXVI (4:45:27 PM): seriously?
Peterko (4:45:32 PM): just because I´m not OMG WTF WORST LUCK EVER on your 500?
Peterko (4:45:41 PM): hahaha that was a joke
JumpXVI (4:45:47 PM): doesnt mean it's not annoying
JumpXVI (4:45:52 PM): or that i can't ignore you
Peterko (4:46:03 PM): that´s right
Peterko (4:46:11 PM): jokes are annoying in a way
Peterko (4:46:35 PM): but you´re the most self confident guy out there so it shouldn´t bother you...I mean suck stupid jokes
JumpXVI (4:47:03 PM): doesn't mean it's not annoying

Peterko (4:47:13 PM): telling you how awesome you are all the time is boring
JumpXVI (4:47:21 PM): cool where do i do that
Peterko (4:47:28 PM): hm?
Peterko (4:47:53 PM): I mean I´m just interested in your streak and you say nothing
JumpXVI (4:48:05 PM): you're prying
Peterko (4:48:25 PM): ok explain that word
Peterko (4:48:27 PM): sorry
JumpXVI (4:48:46 PM): overly inquisitive
JumpXVI (4:48:53 PM): you know i'm not going ot tell you
Peterko (4:49:06 PM): maybe one time you will
Peterko (4:49:10 PM): I don ´t know
Peterko (4:49:56 PM): your streak is more interesting than other stuff
Peterko (4:50:34 PM): are you at elast playing some team on the emulator? like the black sludge one?
JumpXVI (4:50:45 PM): im playing it on my cart
Peterko (4:50:57 PM): not cls?
JumpXVI (4:51:11 PM): i switch back and forth
Peterko (4:51:13 PM): not going to tell me
Peterko (4:51:17 PM): oh
Peterko (4:51:21 PM): that´s interesting

again trying to ignore him

Peterko (4:52:12 PM): so...I´m annoying, because
Peterko (4:52:22 PM): a) I keep asking you about your streak
Peterko (4:52:38 PM): which you simply don´t want to tell me shit about
Peterko (4:53:12 PM): b) you believe your team is better and that should have the IDK 1155 or so streak up there
Peterko (4:53:28 PM): c) I´m luckier than you to get there
Peterko (4:53:51 PM): b) and c) together annoys you
Peterko (4:54:09 PM): something else?
JumpXVI (4:54:12 PM): plus d) when you make stupid jokes about the most crushing los si ever had
JumpXVI (4:54:17 PM): that's bad taste

Peterko (4:54:46 PM): but somehow you made it seem like not that bad in the end...OK I know lighting-strike here and there
Peterko (4:54:51 PM): but in the end I felt
Peterko (4:55:02 PM): like it didn ´t bother you that much
Peterko (4:55:03 PM): sorry
Peterko (4:55:25 PM): because you know...you ŕe the best and all
Peterko (4:56:11 PM): wait and where did I make jokes about your 500 loss?
JumpXVI (4:56:18 PM): lol
JumpXVI (4:56:33 PM):
Peterko: haha but you lose to regice

Peterko: /me runz
JumpXVI (4:56:36 PM):
Peterko: your team is not good enough to have the fortune on its side, it´s as simple as that

Peterko: /me runz
Peterko (4:56:39 PM): that "joke" was about platinum
JumpXVI (4:56:45 PM): your memory is that bad?
Peterko (4:56:51 PM): about platinum
Peterko (4:57:00 PM): last time you told me you lost to regice
JumpXVI (4:57:07 PM): hi, what pokemon did i lose to in pearl
JumpXVI (4:57:16 PM): you have one guess
Peterko (4:57:19 PM): moltres?
Peterko (4:57:24 PM): ha!

you see that he is intentionally trying to be annoying here

JumpXVI (4:57:25 PM): i lose because of regice
JumpXVI (4:57:31 PM): *lost
Peterko (4:57:57 PM): no you had a set up zor so I say moltres powder
JumpXVI (4:58:10 PM): ok i guess i have to explain this to you
JumpXVI (4:58:39 PM): if regice doesn't completely hack latios, it is at 100%
JumpXVI (4:58:42 PM): or at least 50%
JumpXVI (4:59:01 PM): that moltres doesn't beat a latios that isn't resting

Peterko (4:59:42 PM): bad memory...too many battles...didn´t you set up scizor?
JumpXVI (4:59:53 PM): and do you really need it explained to you that only two of 56 legendary pokemon even threaten cresselia
Peterko (5:00:03 PM): or first you did try lati?
Peterko (5:00:10 PM): and it wasn´t FP?
JumpXVI (5:00:13 PM): i first tried latios
JumpXVI (5:00:22 PM): to which you said the "31.6% didnt matter"
Peterko (5:00:42 PM): paralyzation happens, sometimes
Peterko (5:01:28 PM): same case as with the PI sending the only pokémon he had to beat chomp in the recent battle
Peterko (5:01:33 PM): similar
Peterko (5:01:33 PM): not same
JumpXVI (5:01:43 PM): yeah
JumpXVI (5:01:52 PM): and then add two brightpowder and a CH on top of that
Peterko (5:02:10 PM): 2BPs are the worst
Peterko (5:02:20 PM): CHs happen

JumpXVI (5:02:35 PM): i still dont think you understand that battle lol
Peterko (5:02:38 PM): 2BPs in a row happened to me as well, but they hurt a lot more
JumpXVI (5:03:08 PM): you dont understand that regice is literally the only lead that threatens cresselia
JumpXVI (5:03:13 PM): of every ledge
Peterko (5:03:24 PM): bt it´s there
JumpXVI (5:03:26 PM): yes,
JumpXVI (5:03:34 PM): two out of 56 times
JumpXVI (5:03:49 PM): and then 31.6% no FPs
JumpXVI (5:04:13 PM): and then to even see moltres
JumpXVI (5:04:15 PM): at all
Peterko (5:04:17 PM): don´t act like that shit never happens
Peterko (5:04:21 PM): it does

JumpXVI (5:04:27 PM): okay, you obviously still dont get it lol
JumpXVI (5:04:31 PM): i'm confiused
Peterko (5:04:34 PM): it was a string of very unfortunate things
Peterko (5:04:40 PM): you didn´t do any mistakes
Peterko (5:05:20 PM): what are you confused about?
JumpXVI (5:05:51 PM): that you dont understand that lead regice and then brightpowder moltres by itself was unbelievably impossible
Peterko (5:06:35 PM): (BAN ME PLEASE) dewgong CHed with last struggle...seriously if sturggle is not a high CH move...they always CH at elast once
JumpXVI (5:06:42 PM): even the other brightpowder legendaries cant beat scizor with two brightpowder every time
Peterko (5:06:54 PM): but it can happen, the pokés are there
JumpXVI (5:07:10 PM): why are you pretending to not understand probability

Peterko (5:07:14 PM): also I think it wouldn´t bother you that much if it was 501
JumpXVI (5:07:16 PM): you're smarter than this
JumpXVI (5:07:25 PM): no, it wouldn't have, which i posted
Peterko (5:08:36 PM): just saying that that shit happens, it doesn´t make you the guy with the worst luck ever in the history of pokémon, it just shows that even THE BEST BATTLER with THE BEST TEAM without ANY MISTAKES = PLAYING AT HIS BEST, loses to ridiculous shit when it happens
JumpXVI (5:08:56 PM): you can't say "this shit happens"
Peterko (5:09:00 PM): I understand and would´ve broken something
JumpXVI (5:09:02 PM): because it literally does not happen to you
Peterko (5:09:10 PM): in your case
Peterko (5:09:16 PM): now you´re wrong

JumpXVI (5:09:20 PM): nope
JumpXVI (5:09:30 PM): you've never had lightning strike luck against you
Peterko (5:09:31 PM): you think I´m a rookie
JumpXVI (5:09:36 PM): try to explain a case to me
JumpXVI (5:09:37 PM): no
JumpXVI (5:09:39 PM): listen
JumpXVI (5:09:45 PM): this isnt about skill
JumpXVI (5:09:52 PM): thisis about you not having had the bad luck i have

that's kind of long but what do i care, i'm a coward

EDIT: just for amusement, i had another look at that dodgy records website and discovered that the DP battle tower record is now 994. At the bottom of the page is the message "Trickteam is forbidden for the BT, several players have exceed 4000 and more". lol........ i dont want to even think about having to face all those PI's in a 994 streak with things like suicune, salamence, etc.....
lol forbidding things...how how about forbidding that C% or %C thing or whatever it is you guys rely upon? what a novel idea...

It's cool that you're trying something new, but I'm not sure about Electrode. It may be the joint fastest thing in the BT, therefore 'always' able to use Rain Dance, but it might not be so hot after that. Speed aside, its stats kinda suck, and it has a very limited movepool.

Its Explosion would cause more problems for your team than it solves. It's your only way to kill Blissey, but if Bliss's Brightpowder/DT haxes you and it misses, you're in serious trouble.

• The rest of your team loses every time to Blissey 2 (Calm, Toxic/DT/Softboiled/Counter, HP/SpD). Without a physical attack, you just can't do enough damage to it before it heals, and it will Toxic stall you to death. Latios' Specs Draco Meteor does 29.28-34.81% to it, and that's the strongest special attack on the team. Special-based teams need a reliable way past this thing - I have exactly the same problem with my Rain team.
  • Bliss 4 (Calm, Sing/Dream Eater/Counter/Softboiled, HP/SpD) can stall you out too by putting your dudes to sleep and Dream Eating them. Maybe put Toxic somewhere for Bliss?
  • Also, if Electrode booms on Blissey and then a weather-changer appears, or another special wall like Snorlax, you could be a world of hurt. All eggs in one basket: Electrode is your only weather-changer and has your only physical coverage.
- If Ludicolo dies before Electrode (for instance, high-SpD Gunk Shot users threaten it, like Muk or Snorlax), you become very restricted in using Explosion, since nothing else on the team has Protect, or is a Ghost. You'd have to sacrifice something in order to Explode. I'm not sure Explosion gels well with Rain Dance as a strategy.

- Explosion forces Ludi to use Protect, limiting its coverage to two moves. Ludi is so much better with Water/Ice/Grass.

- Neither lead resists the other's spread move; i.e. you can either Surf or Explode, but not both. After getting the Rain, you'd lose a turn of it exploding Electrode. This leaves three turns of Rain to try and win, and then it's gone for good.

Electrode makes a great starter for a full UU six-a-side team, because it's a great suicide lead. In four-a-side, though, you need each member to pull its weight a bit more. I might be wrong, but I'm not sure Electrode will.

As for a different lead:

Vaporeon, Politoed/Poliwrath, Mantine and Toxicroak all get Helping Hand and are immune to Water via their abilities, enabling them to boost their partner's Surf while healing from it. Croak rules for me, and Chinese Dood used Vaporeon, so they definitely work.

Alternatively, you could use Kingdra as a lead with Rain Dance, paired with Ludi, then just go double-Surf crazy in the Rain.

As for the dragons:

You definitely need another Rain Dance in there. If you lose your Rain lead and then Tyranitar/Hippowdon/Abomasnow turn up, you lose the weather advantage and you can't get it back.

Three Dragon attacks? Surf is its primary attack of the team, and Dragon STAB is a backup for things that resist it, like Suicune or Water Absorbers. I'd lose one of Kingdra's Dragon moves.

You could certainly use an Ice Beam in there - it's just too useful to pass up.

Good luck!

</0.02p>

tl;dr no emo, I liked the lists before but I don't mind them now, Electrode kinda sucks
Thanks for the response, usually my posts get ignored. While Electrode can't do much besides rain up and explode, I wanted a fast lead with focus sash so I could guarentee getting it up. Vaporeon seems more stable, but it's another special attacker and could die to a critical. While Toxicroak is a physical attacker, it's pretty frail and could die to a critical hit as well. Although I could give it a focus sash it might be too slow to do much after I use rain dance the first turn. I'm considering Kabutops as a sweeper because of his physical coverage, but the problem is that he takes a lot from a boosted unresisted surf. I might try kingdra as a lead, since I can start attack right off the back, it's bulky, and it outspeeds everything after turn 1.

About Electrode: I've tried Jolteon before in DP (with Fake Out Ludicolo) which is similar to Electrode, and it did fairly decently. Jolteon (and I'd suppose Electrode)'s only nemesis is a first turn hail Froslass (which cannot be fake outted) which not only negates the rain because Froslass is slower, but the hail also gets rid of the sash. Just something to keep in mind I guess.

@Bozo: O yah, I saved it on battle frontier video too, but I never uploaded any video through wifi before, but I'll probably try to it uploaded some time. Well, the bulk of surviving 2 Jolteon Thunders kind of gives it away that it's either Dragonite or Tyranitar. It was an Adamant Tyranitar with DD/Sub/EQ/Crunch. I'm not sure if I'll keep trying with that poke though. I'll see... school's getting busy, so I haven't really been playing much or having time to theorymon something else.

EDIT: O I forgot to mention, haha. It's kind of funny because I said nearly the exact same thing to my friend (who likes chaining shinies) that it was almost 20 times more likely to encounter a shiny. In the previous streak I lost at 46 streak with 67 minutes (man! totally would have beat my record) with my Starmie/Flygon/Heatran team to the QC Machamp whose QC activated 3 times in a row (while Starmie failed to OHKO with Psychic), and that was like 1300 times more likely to occur than missing 4 EQs on lax incense lol.

EDIT2: Woops, I actually meant 45 streak, not 46. I just remembered it was the 3rd battle in the set of 7 that has Palmer at the end. ... which of course is 45, not 46, not that it matters since I lost before 49 anyway.

Yea that team was what I based mine off of (copied your ludi), except I replaced jolteon with electrode because I liked explosion much better, allowing for a free switch-in. As it is, I probably won't use either, lead kingdra seems like the best idea.

yeah until you bring it up again in a few months because you "generally forget stuff pretty quick" what to expect arguing with the most stubborn person on smogon

and other people they can comment all they want, it's not like you can do anything about it and again, you brought it up. dont start what you can't finish

why didn't you just superpower kingdra? it's much stronger than even two quick attacks, your best chance was hoping for a CH or for it to miss twice

didn't you say you were leaving for good? i dont think anyone cares what you think including peterko, you're one of the least honorable people ever to post here

how is it more powerfull than quick attack when you have technician?
quick attack becomes power of 80 right

Jumpman16

it becomes 60 base power since technician is only a 1.5 boost, but even if it were 80 base power, superpower is 120 base power and then essentially 80 base power after the attack drop. you would need to use quick attack seven times before it starts to outdamage superpower

it becomes 60 base power since technician is only a 1.5 boost, but even if it were 80 base power, superpower is 120 base power and then essentially 80 base power after the attack drop. you would need to use quick attack seven times before it starts to outdamage superpower
good to know
miss information on my part then
super power would have KO'd it then?

i'm on a roll in the BT using a trick team using Uxie, Salamence and Drapion
here's my latest battle video: 10-80688-06599

Posting my revised rain dance team, tell me what you think:

Lead 1:
Kabutops @ Focus Sash
Swift Swim
252 Attack / 204 HP / 52 Speed
Adamant
-Rain Dance
-Protect
-Waterfall
-Rock Slide

Lead 2:

Ludicolo @ Lum Berry
Swift Swim
132 HP / 252 Special Attack / 124 Speed
Modest
-Fake Out
-Surf
-Grass Knot
-Ice Beam

I know that I'm not using a water absorb lead like you suggested, but protect + surf isn't that bad plus usually I won't have to use surf - I can waterfall with kabutops and grass knot/ice beam with ludicolo. Kabutops fixes my blissey weakness and deals a lot of damage with maximum attack and dual stab.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Swift Swim
228 HP / 252 Special Attack / 4 Speed / 24 Defense
Modest
-Surf
-Dragon Pulse
-Ice Beam
-Rain Dance

Latios @ Choice Specs
Levitate
252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Timid
-Surf
-Thunder
-Dragon Pulse
-Draco Meteor

As I entered this page and saw the scroll bar on the right shrink, I knew I was in for a good night of reading... seriously, I find the Peterko/Jumpman debates quite entertaining regardless of how irrelevant they can be in terms of the thread topic.

Peterko said:
EDIT I put at the start of the post: lol @ Dr.D being soo .... mysterious haha
I'm very mysterious indeed... even more so in 'real life.'

which makes the streak a lot more believable than hi 1363 out of nowhere)
So wait, if I suddenly post a large streak ('large' by typical human standards, not Jump/Peterko numbers) out of nowhere, without any progress numbers, will that make it suspicious? I intend to do so if my current streak continues to a high number... and of course, I provide a decent amount of proof in the form of super-fun, happy videos.

yeah playing pokémon is generally a waste of time
I strongly agree with that! It just goes to show that I have nothing better to do... but I'd rather have 'fun' (somewhat...) wasting time than be bored doing so.

you´re just human as any other male person in this topic
Was that implying something about females? Don't worry, I'm a male (human) so it doesn't particularly concern me what that quote was supposed to mean.

I mean to protect my streak as I knew you were the only one capable of breaking it.
That's very depressing...........

also flash doesn´t save you from gliscor
Jumpman16 said:
flash has 100% saved me against kingler and gliscor
Now this is an important thing for me to comment on. Last night I was out at some place where you eat food in public (strange place, I think it was called a restaurant or something... apparently there are similar places throughout the 'real world')... and as such I only had my printed copy of the Tower pokes list, and unfortunately I forgot to also attach the trainer list, which is often just as important. So anyway, I didn't have the trainer list to consult, and I ended up losing at 177, using my new team in its first run. The lead was Gliscor. Okay, so I'll reveal that my new Trick lead has Flash (the move with the 'Jumpman approved' sticker), and I decided to use it incase of Guillotine. Turned out to be Gliscor1, used Swords Dance... anyway, I like keeping team members secret so I'll just say that in the end, Gliscor died but only when one of my team members was nearly dead from dealing with it, and then the foe's next poke was one of the few things that could KO me right there and then. So my last poke came out and would've won, but Focus Band activated... many of my precious hours wasted again. Conclusion: I would have Tricked it knowing what Gliscor set it was, and I don't think Flash is very useful vs. Gliscor3 considering that OHKOs don't get reduced any further.

===============================================

Bozo said:
Lol, that's a dodgy website indeed. I mean, it has an animated background! Among other things. Would you trust Smogon's records thread if the background was animated!? No chance.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
D you´re somewhat caught in a gliscor curse it seems :/

hmm actually Bozo´s team is probably best suited to face those two

and incase he still doesn´t use flash, I´d just charm gliscor if I were him (reswitch+trick the other 3 sets)

if gliscor guillotines and hits latias, salamence is pretty much the best possible switch in

immune to quake and u-turn is NVE, also intimidate kicks in if no hyper cutter

that means scor will either guillotine or counter...salamence will obviusly hide behind a sub and DD up...I´d recommend you simply PP waste counter here to not lose your sub to countersash...remember he has 4 guillotines to go, so unless he hits all of them, you should be behind a sub

it is very improbable (I´d bet he´ll try counter a few more times), but still possible...he only uses guillotine and hits all 5 of them and then finishes you off by countering your outrage, or just by u-turning the 1HP...lol good luck with your registeel afterwards

what flash potentially changes in this scenario is scor missing 20% of the time with counter and/or u-turn

kingler - thunder wave and latias dies, you should be able to set up salamence because crabhammer is NVE...oh wait it still breaks your sub :/, unless intimidate worked (fiddyfiddy)

by using flash you´d have to face 68accurate crabhammers and 30 accurate guillotines (worst case scenario, if guillotine connects turn1)

yeah so team #1 probably stalls with drap. or not as it´s slower...

chomp sub, hammer/guill, sub broke
outrage, hammer/guill, chomp fainted

guill, drap. fainted (if there are any), if kingler used up all 5, hammer does 72-85/177 which is a 3HKO and is faster hmm

1.A hammer, sub, 59-72 HP left
or
1.B hammer, go for an acu. def/evasion boost which basically means win (103-116 HP left)..

2.A hammer, sub, 26-39 HP left
2.B it was an atk/spA/spD/speed/acc boost so drap. needs to rest ...
3.A hammer, rest, 177 HP
4.A hammer, fast asleep, 103-116 HP left
5.A hammer, fast asleep, 29-55 HP left
6.A hammer, kingler wins 3-0

very improbable, not impossible

a QC rhydon drilling excercise I´d call sooner than the above scenario though

btw., 79 (awful 3 mistakes against rampy1-fisduggy-LOmamo) and 44 here (mie team) haha
doing a futile aboma hall t-mon today...yeah basically wasting my time

Jumpman16

good to know
miss information on my part then
super power would have KO'd it then?
it would have done 79-93% from what i remember from here: http://www.smogon.com/calc/

that should become one of your best friends as your traverse the frontier

As I entered this page and saw the scroll bar on the right shrink, I knew I was in for a good night of reading... seriously, I find the Peterko/Jumpman debates quite entertaining regardless of how irrelevant they can be in terms of the thread topic.
i'm honestly very glad to hear that...obviously i would rather not run the risk of shitting up this thread and technically i should have edited/deleted peterko's first off-topic post since it is against the rules but as you know i love to debate and i would think peterko is the same way being a junior lawyer and that's why i wanted some answers to the objective issues i raised like the flash one you get into before

So wait, if I suddenly post a large streak ('large' by typical human standards, not Jump/Peterko numbers) out of nowhere, without any progress numbers, will that make it suspicious? I intend to do so if my current streak continues to a high number... and of course, I provide a decent amount of proof in the form of super-fun, happy videos.
nah, if you have battle videos every 150-200 battles it isnt suspicious at all to post "hi im at 957" or whatever if you have the videos/IDs to prove it

Now this is an important thing for me to comment on. Last night I was out at some place where you eat food in public (strange place, I think it was called a restaurant or something... apparently there are similar places throughout the 'real world')... and as such I only had my printed copy of the Tower pokes list, and unfortunately I forgot to also attach the trainer list, which is often just as important. So anyway, I didn't have the trainer list to consult, and I ended up losing at 177, using my new team in its first run. The lead was Gliscor. Okay, so I'll reveal that my new Trick lead has Flash (the move with the 'Jumpman approved' sticker), and I decided to use it incase of Guillotine. Turned out to be Gliscor1, used Swords Dance... anyway, I like keeping team members secret so I'll just say that in the end, Gliscor died but only when one of my team members was nearly dead from dealing with it, and then the foe's next poke was one of the few things that could KO me right there and then. So my last poke came out and would've won, but Focus Band activated... many of my precious hours wasted again. Conclusion: I would have Tricked it knowing what Gliscor set it was, and I don't think Flash is very useful vs. Gliscor3 considering that OHKOs don't get reduced any further.
i think i've mentioned it in this thread (i did on my visitor wall where someone asked lol) that only two of 100 trainers can specialize in gliscor1 (collector)...it's funny that given you later faced a focus band poke we still cant be sure what trainer you faced (unless you tell us) cause most of the focus band pokes you could have faced are both set1 pokes AND pokes a hiker/cyclist would have used (tyra, bast, rhyp, nido, golem...lopunny arcy and vict being the only non set1 focus band pokes basically).

so it was kind of a 50/50 chance you were facing a collector, which you'd obviously trick...but if it was a hiker/cyclist, i can flash with no real worries at all, it 100% has to SD turn one, SD turn two as i go to drapion, EQ as i go back to mesprit (it will always do this), then AA after I trick. you won't be surprised to hear me say that this has never happened given the improbability that we can face gliscor1 and NOT know it beforehand...iirc it's only happened once and it went flash/sd, go drapion/aa, go mesprit/eq, trick/sd for the win

Lol, that's a dodgy website indeed. I mean, it has an animated background! Among other things. Would you trust Smogon's records thread if the background was animated!? No chance.
lol

D you´re somewhat caught in a gliscor curse it seems :/

hmm actually Bozo´s team is probably best suited to face those two

and incase he still doesn´t use flash, I´d just charm gliscor if I were him (reswitch+trick the other 3 sets)

if gliscor guillotines and hits latias, salamence is pretty much the best possible switch in
bozo's salamence is slower than gliscor3, he would face the same not-all-that-haxy-if-you-want-a-big-streak 2.7% chance of "lol-3-for-3" that makes gliscor a pain to begin with

yeah so team #1 probably stalls with drap. or not as it´s slower...

outrage, hammer/guill, chomp fainted
logs are fun (we were still on very good terms here so dont get mad):

JumpXVI (10:32:05 AM): lemme read your last few battles
Peterko (10:32:10 AM): haha
Peterko (10:32:36 AM): for me, it´s rapidash, kingler and gastro4 that are the worst
JumpXVI (10:32:56 AM): i can't believe you risked a lead trick

we're referring precisely to this here:

864 PI river with rapi horn drill I tricked (last time I t-waved and it missed HD twice on reswitch and I tricked it then), hit the first, missed second on steel, missed third, fourth and fifth on steel…lucky here, three in a row and I lose…sub and 1SD only, gastro, sashtrode…t-wave and switch is a better approach, still similar to kingler in that iron tail and flare blitz both break chomp sub…quaking it dead asap is maybe the best option (worst leads on top of my mind: rapi3, kingler, sticky gastro4)
Peterko (10:33:03 AM): don´t nitpick please, as I said, I was more focused on writing that thinking
Peterko (10:33:05 AM): yes I did
JumpXVI (10:33:24 AM): the chance you get ched twice by "lopunny" is way less than the chance they go 3-for-3
Peterko (10:34:08 AM): t-wave still leaves me with a dead poké and a naked garchomp
JumpXVI (10:34:22 AM): no it doesnt
Peterko (10:34:30 AM): even worse, it has BP
Peterko (10:34:39 AM): so the 1HKO is not even sure
JumpXVI (10:35:13 AM): i tw kingler then go to scizor
JumpXVI (10:35:26 AM): then back to cress and flash

Peterko (10:35:29 AM): I t-wave it hits and I have to kill it with quake...you want me to sub? both blitz and iron tail break chomps sub
JumpXVI (10:36:18 AM): it's cute because it's faster than garchomp by three points
JumpXVI (10:36:24 AM): otherwise charm would end it
Peterko (10:36:40 AM): wait actually it´s not
JumpXVI (10:36:44 AM): it's jolly, 105
Peterko (10:37:00 AM): nope
JumpXVI (10:37:14 AM): oh looking at wrong one

Peterko (10:37:20 AM): according to my printed version it´s adamant
JumpXVI (10:37:20 AM): either way i'm right
JumpXVI (10:37:27 AM): "why arent you charming"
Peterko (10:37:30 AM): haha you just solved my rapidash rpboem?
Peterko (10:37:32 AM): :-D
Peterko (10:37:38 AM): thanks bud
JumpXVI (10:37:40 AM): np
Peterko (10:37:44 AM): /me runz

JumpXVI (10:37:56 AM): no, i feel better now knowing that i've helped you more
JumpXVI (10:38:02 AM): can tell myself the streak is all my doing
Peterko (10:38:11 AM): HAHAHAHA
Peterko (10:38:19 AM): you´re crazy
Peterko (10:38:58 AM): I thought rapi was faster than chomp as well though
JumpXVI (10:39:15 AM): i looked at the wrong one when i saw you mention it
Peterko (10:39:43 AM): yeah accidentally the printed list is right next to me on the table so I had a look
Peterko (10:40:19 AM): things like rampardos still suck
JumpXVI (10:40:32 AM): dont complain with charm

Peterko (10:40:46 AM): still...
Peterko (10:40:54 AM): of course, charm is the best move out there
Peterko (10:40:57 AM): by far
Peterko (10:41:09 AM): for a trick team that relies on setting up chomp like I do
Peterko (10:41:12 AM): mostly on struggle
JumpXVI (10:41:20 AM): most trick teams can do that
Peterko (10:41:53 AM): super luck is still a bitch I hate those two with a passion
JumpXVI (10:42:00 AM): lol

JumpXVI (10:43:00 AM): i want to go back to team drapula
JumpXVI (10:43:12 AM): i think if i use max SpD it becomes better
JumpXVI (10:43:22 AM): because i dont care about being able to OHKO everything
Peterko (10:43:41 AM): if accu didn´t suck with sub that team would be almost unstoppable
JumpXVI (10:43:55 AM): yeah, "you" are lucky
JumpXVI (10:44:16 AM): i was fucking floored when acupressure failed the first time i tried it
Peterko (10:44:22 AM): thanks, it feel good to know that
JumpXVI (10:44:27 AM): i was seriously so confused
JumpXVI (10:44:46 AM): no, i mean "you" as in everyone
JumpXVI (10:44:53 AM): because i would be at like 3264
JumpXVI (10:45:02 AM): since i started using that team in what may/
JumpXVI (10:45:03 AM): ?

Peterko (10:45:09 AM): yeah when I saw what a cheap tactics you created with the help of the cheapest tacti (trick) I thought to myself...of fuck there goes my chances at spot1
JumpXVI (10:47:21 AM): which one
JumpXVI (10:47:27 AM): team drapula doesnt use trick
JumpXVI (10:47:30 AM): (not as you know it)
Peterko (10:47:37 AM): sorry
Peterko (10:47:40 AM): messed up
Peterko (10:47:49 AM): didn´t think
JumpXVI (10:47:50 AM): np
Peterko (10:48:05 AM): it uses cripplelatias
JumpXVI (10:48:40 AM): i think it would be very noble if i broke 500 with that team
JumpXVI (10:48:56 AM): by the same token, i'm much more impressed with your 459 on pearl than your 1001
JumpXVI (10:49:02 AM): i think you should be too
JumpXVI (10:49:12 AM): you know "how easy" it was to get to 1000
Peterko (10:49:24 AM): ok now can´t you be honest and tell me at least how far you got?
Peterko (10:49:43 AM): it wasn´t easy
Peterko (10:50:10 AM): easy is trick-twave
Peterko (10:50:19 AM): but it´s not always that
JumpXVI (10:50:30 AM): i can be a little honest now i guess
Peterko (10:50:49 AM): a little, that´s funny
JumpXVI (10:51:00 AM): i'll start by saying that if i wanted to, i could get 1000 in about three days
Peterko (10:51:14 AM): you´d get crazy
JumpXVI (10:51:17 AM): i have lost in three months though, lol

JumpXVI (10:51:29 AM): no, i'm somewhere between 200 and 750
JumpXVI (10:51:31 AM): however
JumpXVI (10:51:39 AM): this is what i've lost to:
Peterko (10:51:42 AM): wait you have lost or haven´t?
JumpXVI (10:51:50 AM): yeah
JumpXVI (10:51:58 AM): you didn't really deserve to know that though, lol

JumpXVI (10:52:01 AM): anyway:
Peterko (10:52:07 AM): gastro
JumpXVI (10:52:08 AM): kingler, 3-for-3 guillotine
Peterko (10:52:11 AM): you told me already
JumpXVI (10:52:29 AM): 423 | Scizor | Impish | Brightpowder | X-Scissor | Bullet Punch | Swords Dance | Baton Pass | Atk/Def
JumpXVI (10:52:36 AM): trick, miss, SD
Peterko (10:52:40 AM): hahahaha sorry but that´s funny considering how you told me that kingler is not a threat
JumpXVI (10:52:40 AM): trick, miss, XS
JumpXVI (10:53:00 AM): i said if you tw

Peterko (10:53:18 AM): the exact same thing happened to me if you remember with that scizor...only that I pulled a trick on turn2 at least
Peterko (10:53:42 AM): what a bitch that set1 zor can be
JumpXVI (10:53:43 AM): the secind trick missing sealed it
JumpXVI (10:54:05 AM): even then i only barely lost
JumpXVI (10:54:07 AM): *second
Peterko (10:54:37 AM): doesn´t have a neutral attack on your scizor
Peterko (10:54:45 AM): how much does SP do?
JumpXVI (10:54:45 AM): it doesn't matter
JumpXVI (10:55:09 AM): it's 252 impish lol

Peterko (10:55:36 AM): yeah I guess I did one dmg calc showing me chomp doesn´t KO it with a SD (I think)
JumpXVI (10:55:43 AM): it doesnt lol
JumpXVI (10:55:55 AM): i felt a little better about that loss when i realized that you lose to it too
Peterko (10:56:01 AM): haha
JumpXVI (10:56:04 AM): because it SDed on scizor
JumpXVI (10:56:16 AM): registeel can't do anything to +4 scizor
JumpXVI (10:56:24 AM): and chomp doesn't even 2hko with eq
JumpXVI (10:56:41 AM): ok so that was that

Peterko (10:57:03 AM): and what numbers were those?
JumpXVI (10:57:17 AM): like 257
JumpXVI (10:57:30 AM): and uh 320
JumpXVI (10:57:53 AM): hm what else
JumpXVI (10:57:55 AM): oh yeahl
Peterko (10:57:58 AM): gastro
JumpXVI (10:58:01 AM): besides that
JumpXVI (10:58:03 AM): that was 180
JumpXVI (10:58:24 AM): lead regice from ace trainer
JumpXVI (10:58:31 AM): hm
JumpXVI (10:58:57 AM): basically similar to my dp loss

JumpXVI (10:59:02 AM): second poke was moltres
JumpXVI (10:59:11 AM): and uh
Peterko (10:59:25 AM): wait that was DP
Peterko (10:59:37 AM): oh ok
JumpXVI (10:59:44 AM): one sec
Peterko (11:00:18 AM): it sucks that you played it cool like your´s was invincible...
Peterko (11:00:47 AM): I´m not saying it´s not as good as mine
Peterko (11:00:59 AM): or better
JumpXVI (11:01:05 AM): brb
Peterko (11:02:14 AM): I have to leave in like a minute...I´ve done more than 2000 battles with this team so I´m fairly experienced with it now
JumpXVI (11:02:51 AM): ok

JumpXVI (11:03:16 AM): also, the team is "more invincible" than yours
JumpXVI (11:03:27 AM): second poke moltres i beat
JumpXVI (11:03:34 AM): latios got a few CMs
Peterko (11:03:36 AM): maybe, maybe not
JumpXVI (11:03:41 AM): last poke was this
Peterko (11:03:45 AM): steel?
JumpXVI (11:03:52 AM): 950 | Regigigas | Adamant | Brightpowder | Crush Grip | Earthquake | Stone Edge | Drain Punch | HP/Atk
Peterko (11:03:59 AM): wth

JumpXVI (11:04:08 AM): how do you think i lost
Peterko (11:04:15 AM): missing
JumpXVI (11:04:25 AM): how many times do you think i missed
Peterko (11:04:28 AM): and a SE CH after crush grip or something
Peterko (11:04:35 AM): probably 3
JumpXVI (11:04:38 AM): yep
JumpXVI (11:04:50 AM): that's why i'm more amused than worried
JumpXVI (11:05:16 AM): and thats why you shouldnt give up on registeel
JumpXVI (11:05:27 AM): garchomp loses to a ton of shit with just two brightpowders

Peterko (11:05:47 AM): that´s why I´m not worried, at all...I mean during a battle, I can pretty much see and predict what will make me lose the battle
JumpXVI (11:05:57 AM): yeah
Peterko (11:06:23 AM): yeah chomp is not absolute endgame but still almost too good
Peterko (11:06:48 AM): yeah all they need is that stupid fast sash mismagius as second poké and something with a SE hit on steel
JumpXVI (11:07:09 AM): it's 0.01% shit
JumpXVI (11:07:15 AM): i just run into it more than you do
JumpXVI (11:07:20 AM): that's all i know

Peterko (11:07:27 AM): I lost chomp yesterday to something weird
Peterko (11:08:12 AM): oh of course a last struggle CH (it was 2 CHs) and then last poké QC raptor haha
JumpXVI (11:08:18 AM): lol
Peterko (11:08:20 AM): couldn´t do shit to steel
Peterko (11:08:28 AM): so I won
JumpXVI (11:08:55 AM): qc raptor?
Peterko (11:09:03 AM): yeah like set 2
Peterko (11:09:14 AM): aerial ace,
Peterko (11:09:15 AM): QC
Peterko (11:09:19 AM): *QA
Peterko (11:09:26 AM): endeavor

JumpXVI (11:09:29 AM): yeah
Peterko (11:09:39 AM): cyclists are (BAN ME PLEASE)s
JumpXVI (11:09:48 AM): yeah
JumpXVI (11:09:52 AM): bird keepers too
JumpXVI (11:10:01 AM): when i lose and play with startarchomp
JumpXVI (11:10:06 AM): i love bird keepers so much
JumpXVI (11:10:15 AM): it literally ohkos every one
Peterko (11:10:27 AM): yeah because chomp has to start with an outrage if I set it up (unless I let them struggle me)

JumpXVI (11:10:28 AM): bolt beam and only "fears" aero
Peterko (11:10:31 AM): ok have to leave
Peterko (11:10:31 AM): cya
JumpXVI (11:10:33 AM): peace
Peterko signed off at 11:10:36 AM

the next day...

JumpXVI (5:51:31 PM): hall time was split between pz, kingdra, tyranitar, and tauros
Peterko (5:51:32 PM): ok but seriously we NEED him or Xel to post HOW he did it
Peterko (5:51:44 PM): I mean the movesets at least
Peterko (5:52:38 PM): also don´t underestimate the 100 NFe trainers...they´re using kingler as well
Peterko (5:52:51 PM): those two and the PIs
JumpXVI (5:53:05 PM): i never lose to kingler
Peterko (5:53:14 PM): you said you did lol

JumpXVI (5:53:21 PM): yes, and now i thunderwave and dont lose?
JumpXVI (5:53:26 PM): i'm not crazy like you
Peterko (5:53:36 PM): says the crazy
Peterko (5:53:54 PM): ok but I can´t do shit
JumpXVI (5:53:55 PM): why do you think i warned you about kingler lol
JumpXVI (5:53:58 PM): and you still tricked
Peterko (5:54:16 PM): I faced it like 5 times during 696 dude
Peterko (5:54:24 PM): so I knew I suck against it
JumpXVI (5:54:31 PM): but you tricked
Peterko (5:54:33 PM): unless it crabhammers :-P
JumpXVI (5:54:36 PM): yeah lol
Peterko (5:54:53 PM): because according to my exp it´s like 50/50

JumpXVI (5:55:00 PM): how is that worth a streak
Peterko (5:55:11 PM): it´s like I should maybe risk charm instead?
JumpXVI (5:55:19 PM): huh
JumpXVI (5:55:22 PM): you know it's a TW
JumpXVI (5:55:27 PM): why are you being silly

Peterko (5:55:38 PM): that´s how I am sorry
Peterko (5:55:56 PM): t-wave asks for a OMG my heart will stop battle
JumpXVI (5:55:59 PM): so at least two times you locked it into guillotine?
Peterko (5:56:03 PM): trick is a clean cut haha
JumpXVI (5:56:15 PM): how many times has it actually guillotined?
Peterko (5:56:24 PM): dunno
Peterko (5:56:30 PM): 3-4
JumpXVI (5:56:35 PM): that's what i call "luckier than me"
Peterko (5:56:42 PM): you wanted to hear that
Peterko (5:56:47 PM): I don´t know
JumpXVI (5:57:03 PM): i've lost two different streaks to 3-for-3 ohko

Peterko (5:57:13 PM): boredom/lazyness I did a list of things that will end my streak
Peterko (5:57:18 PM): today
Peterko (5:57:20 PM): at work
Peterko (5:57:22 PM): lol
JumpXVI (5:57:23 PM): lol

now back to the present

1.A hammer, sub, 59-72 HP left
or
1.B hammer, go for an acu. def/evasion boost which basically means win (103-116 HP left)..

2.A hammer, sub, 26-39 HP left
2.B it was an atk/spA/spD/speed/acc boost so drap. needs to rest ...
3.A hammer, rest, 177 HP
4.A hammer, fast asleep, 103-116 HP left
5.A hammer, fast asleep, 29-55 HP left
6.A hammer, kingler wins 3-0

very improbable, not impossible
not possible if im thunderwaving kingler, but even if i flashed with mesprit, and it used guillotine and hit, and then went 4-for-4 against garchomp (it may crabhammer instead of guillotine every time but not as you've drawn it up) it would have to hit with three crabhammers through 68% accuracy to beat me (assuming i dont get an evasion/def/speed boost the first time i try, which changes everything)

I've got a question about Latios's EV spread for the Tower.

I've got him paired with Scizor and Uxie, and running the standard set:

Latios @ Leftovers/(Plate)
Timid Nature
EVs: ???
~Dragon Pulse
~Calm Mind
~Recover
~Substitute

At first, I used 252 Sp Atk and 252 Spe, but he was just so damn fragile, even when Uxie drew physical Fire, Water, and Electric attacks. If he ever has to go in naked, it's a challenge to do any significant damage with him. I want to bulk up this Latios, ideally without sacrificing too much speed and while still maintaining his ability to sweep convincingly when fully set up. Any help from the masters here?

Honch, Latias outclasses Latios at CM when paired with TrickScarf. Despite the boost in power Latios grants, it's not really worth it to use him b/c as you said he's so damn fragile in comparison.

Btw, I'm Eon Master, if you don't recognize me over here XD

funny paralyze + evasion (Drapion rocks!) hax battle on my side vs. an ice trainer
if those para+evades didn't kick in, i would've lost.. damn these ace/ice trainers
504 | Jynx | Calm | Lax Incense | Dream Eater | Lovely Kiss | Perish Song | Mean Look | SpA/SpD
866 | Glaceon | Modest | Wise Glasses | Ice Beam | Shadow Ball | Signal Beam | Water Pulse | Def/SpA
464 | Walrein | Adamant | Chople Berry | Ice Fang | Aqua Tail | Swagger | Encore | HP/Atk
vid no.: 60-53941-33002

Looking for advice on my curselax. I'm in the d/p battle tower going for the 100 streak. First pokemon is Lopunny with switcheroo, so I switch a choice scarf on them, then paralyze them and charm attack down (if necessary), then bring in snorlax and curse up. My others moves consist of return, crunch, rest, and it's holding a chesto berry. Would it be more advantageous to run sub instead of rest and have it hold leftovers? Thoughts??

Yeah, sub for sure. Not too sure about pairing Snorlax with Lopunny though. There seem to be better choices out there, even if it's strictly D/P.

I got bored of Single Battle Tower and just randomly played Double Arcade with this team today:
Porygon-Z / Timid / Download - Tri-Attack / Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball / Hidden Power Ground 69
Weavile / Jolly / Pressure - Fake Out / Ice Punch / Night Slash / Brick Break
Gengar / Timid / Levitate - Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt / HP Ice 70 / Destiny Bond

I've used something similar before in double castle I think. Basically just a sweeper team with a bit of synergy. The streak ended at 54 when I got Trick Room effect vs Arcanine, Gallade, and Toxicroak... It was obvious that there's no chance to win. I just realized I should have fake outted Gallade instead of Arcanine though, since steadfast would have worked to my advantage. I still probably would have lost though. I only managed to KO Arcanine before I lost. Meh.

Well, I just lose at my first real try of a good streak at the battle Tower. The team was non-standart for the BT standarts but it went fine at the 96 battles that I did before I lost.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Platinum, Battle Tower, Single, Streak: 96

The Team

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
---
Garchomp (M) @ Brightpowder
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
---
Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP/248 Atk/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
---

The Estrategy

Well, there wasn't a complicated estrategy behind this team. Garchomp sweep ftw!

Scarf TTar is just great as anything, really. But as lead, he finishes off so many leads and even teams by himself. He also does the most important thing: he sets up sandstorm.

Garchomp is the star of the team and with an awesome set if you're lucky (and well, besides the 97° battle, I was lucky pretty much all the other battles that I NEEDED the miss.) and is so easy to set up... I mean, when I entered the BT I was going for a huge streak, but slow matches aren't my style of play. I was not going to set up a thing 848949849 times to kill 3 mons, absolutely no ofense to anyone, I just don't got the pacience x_x So I went with this Garchomp who set up quickly and is so damn powerful.

Scizor was there because I needed a steel to pair with Garchomp and to take other dragons ( I didn't know nothing about BT when I made this team. I was expecting Specs Latios/CB Garchomp every fight after the 50+ @_@) and it's also very powerful and is my "revenge killer" with bpunch. I was initially thinking in Metagross for this spot, but I could not have another Ground weakness, so Scizor it is.

How I lost

Well, the lead was a Rhyperior. I have nothing to switch into Rhyperior, so, I just Superpower'd him to do at least 50%. Well, I was expecting that. It does 49% or something like that and he kills me with Hammer Arm. Then I send in Garchomp and sub hoping a miss. If I setup, it's near game over for the oponent. But, it do not miss. I sub again, but it do not miss, again. So I just EQ'd him for the KO but... It lives, with 1% I guess. I was like "WHAT THE F***!!". Then I send Scizor, finish him with BP and was like praying for something that scizor could beat. Then, comes an Electivire. I look at the sets "Well, I win against anything but the 885 one who has Fire Punch. Lets hope for the best, it's 3-1!". Then, the bastard uses fire punch .__. I didn't see his last poke because I didn't even saved the battle.

Coments

I think I got pretty far with this team, that hasn't the best strategy at my first run for a good streak. I also recorded my funniest battle (Battle 83), it shows how good is Garchomp and how broken it can be if you're lucky.

Video no: 34-16068-36761

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)